The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't McPixel like pay-what-you-want even a penny or download it free on thepiratebay at one point? And then when it got on Steam he still gave Steam keys to existing owners, right?

I passed on it even at a penny. :p

[quote name='emwearz']To any ass hats (been 2 so far) who are thinking of adding me to steam and saying they have paid already, I ask everyone to include their CAG when paying and always ask for their fullname in the steam client before sending games.

Stop wasting both of our time.[/QUOTE]

And you wonder why people stop doing nice things for each other. It's people like those 2 douches trying to get over on $2.19 >_>

Anyways, just wanted to thank you emwearz for helping me out. Much appreciated :)

For those that picked up Scribblenauts Unlimited from Amazon, is it worth the $7.50? I owned both of the DS games but eventually got bored after the novelty wore off. This one is trying to lure me in on account of there being so much stuff on the Steam Workshop.

Man, $6.79 really is a good price for Resident Evil 5. I'm a bit torn because I played the game on an Xbox 360 quite some time ago, and I was always pretty bummed that the DLC didn't make it to PC. Plus, I'm not sure if I'd bother revisiting the game before Capcom decides to drop the sale price even lower. (Yes, I am aware it took Capcom until about now to offer a sub-$10 sale price.)

RE5 is fun. I already beaten it on PC and Xbox360, only thing I need to do is unlock the rest of the characters in RE5 PC Mercenaries but... I think playing RE6 may have ruined my skills :p

[quote name='Motoki']Wasn't McPixel like pay-what-you-want even a penny or download it free on thepiratebay at one point? And then when it got on Steam he still gave Steam keys to existing owners, right?

I passed on it even at a penny. :p[/QUOTE]
Isn't everything free there?

[quote name='LancerEvoX']RE5 is fun. I already beaten it on PC and Xbox360, only thing I need to do is unlock the rest of the characters in RE5 PC Mercenaries but... I think playing RE6 may have ruined my skills :p[/QUOTE]
eh, thats debatable.

[quote name='momouchi']Still waiting for the old Star Wars games to get a daily or flash sale. That's really all I want from this sale now.[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting for this, too. I know KOTOR 1+2 were a flash sale the other day, but none of the other Star Wars games were discounted deeper than 50%. I'm specifically looking at Jedi Academy and Empire at War.

[quote name='jshackles']Since you already have it, you really should play Borderlands 1. I have both, and I actually prefer the first one - way better menu system, story, etc etc. Skip BL2 unless you're a huge fan. I have about 55 hours on BL1, and love it. I pre-ordered BL2 (and the season pass) but I'm having a hard time getting into it.[/QUOTE]

Since this is the internet I won't go into a long detailed post about why I disagree. I'll just say right here - I liked Borderlands 2 better in every single way.

i just want far cry 3. hell, id be good with a 25% off(though id prefer 33% but beggars cant be choosers)

[quote name='hal']Since this is the internet I won't go into a long detailed post about why I disagree. I'll just say right here - I liked Borderlands 2 better in every single way.[/QUOTE]

At first I was playing solo and actually kind of hated the experience. I kept getting killed OVER and OVER.

Now I'm going back and playing a multiplayer campaign with my son, and it seems enjoyable so far (I'm level 12 now) so I guess we'll see.

[quote name='emwearz']To any ass hats (been 2 so far) who are thinking of adding me to steam and saying they have paid already, I ask everyone to include their CAG when paying and always ask for their fullname in the steam client before sending games.

Stop wasting both of our time.[/QUOTE]

I'm always depressed when I read of someone trying to rip off a fellow human being for a couple of bucks.

And during the holidays...ugh. Hopefully, there is a hell. :hot::hot::hot::hot:

So, it's just Sims Medieval that is heavily discounted in the Australian store, right? No other Sims games/expansions?

I'm guessing probably not, because that's all that you guys would be talking about. But I gotta ask to make sure.

Buying Resident Evil 5 for your first RE game is almost a mistake. It's not a bad game but you have to approach it with the knowledge that they didn't design a campaign so much as they strung together a lot of dumb filler and several cool set pieces. Plus, you also have to realize that it's a bit like Dead Space only instead of cutting off the limbs, you need to do melee attacks that are set up by shot staggers. It's a weird system but endlessly satisfying in the co-op survival mode. It has a good port though. Shame it doesn't get the DLC that the console versions get.

Also ORC is terrible. Just terrible.

[quote name='swizzy']i just want far cry 3. hell, id be good with a 25% off(though id prefer 33% but beggars cant be choosers)[/QUOTE]
If I got a 10% off I'd be on Far Cry 3 like white on rice.

And I've already beaten it. It's just that good that I want my OWN copy

[quote name='vince_carter']strange that steam doesn't carry the DLC for re5[/QUOTE]

thats cause it wasnt released for pc, thank that to capcom.

[quote name='hal']Since this is the internet I won't go into a long detailed post about why I disagree. I'll just say right here - I liked Borderlands 2 better in every single way.[/QUOTE]

agreed

[quote name='The End']So, it's just Sims Medieval that is heavily discounted in the Australian store, right? No other Sims games/expansions?

I'm guessing probably not, because that's all that you guys would be talking about. But I gotta ask to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.
The only other game worth mentioning with a big AUS discount is Call of Juarez, which is $2.5.

Just bought a 360 controller for Windows on Amazon lightning deal so I can play Shank 1 and 2 with a controller so I might feel more inclined to buy their Ninja game next time sales come around.

Maybe I'll also play Super Meat Boy while watching Indie Game Movie with the Team Meat commentary. It's going to be awesome.

As for now...Skyrim time.

So far I picked up

Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack - $10 [Wow, what deal!]
Red Orchestra 2 - $5
Toki Tori x 2 - $1 [for friends]
Skyrim Dawnguard - $9.92
Skyrim Hearthfire - $2.47

Desert to Sea Bundle
Spec Ops
Bioshock 1 + 2 [gift for friend]

Tantalizing THQ Medley
Homefront
S.T.A.L.K.E.R [gift for friend]
Red Faction Guerrilla
Red Faction Armageddon
Warhammer 40,000 Spacemarine
Metro 2033

$42.37 total - not bad so far!

[quote name='slainviper']Isn't everything free there?[/QUOTE]

He was actually giving the game away himself on the pirate bay, so legally.

He only did a set number of those giveaways though, but then he went and had a weekend (while it was still on Greenlight) that McPixel was PWYW. True PWYW, not Indie Gala PWYW. So you could pay even a penny. He promised Steam keys if it got Greenlighted, which it did, so a bunch of people who paid nothing or almost nothing got Steam keys to McPixel.

As we've been discussing earlier in the thread indie developers can be, err, unconventional.

[quote name='The End']So, it's just Sims Medieval that is heavily discounted in the Australian store, right? No other Sims games/expansions?

I'm guessing probably not, because that's all that you guys would be talking about. But I gotta ask to make sure.[/QUOTE]

You know, you can always look:

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=au

You can't buy, but you can look. Just make sure to do http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us (or wherever you are) when you are done.

But no, nothing else just Medieval.

[quote name='swizzy']i just want far cry 3. hell, id be good with a 25% off(though id prefer 33% but beggars cant be choosers)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RollingSkull']If I got a 10% off I'd be on Far Cry 3 like white on rice.[/QUOTE]
23% off at GetGamesGo. Non-Steam, since only Steam carries the Steam copy but all copies require Uplay so I don't see the point in wanting Steam. Just my opinion though.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Playing single-player, I have never enjoyed any Borderlands related experience.

I should probably try some multiplayer, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I tried multiplayer Borderlands (1) and eventually just got tired of it. I played with friends who had played two or three times, so they knew exactly where to go and what to do. There would be times that I'd just get to an area (didn't know the map) and they already turned in the assignment. I think I'll try it again some time, but just on my own...

[quote name='Motoki']You know, you can always look:

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=au

You can't buy, but you can look. Just make sure to do http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us (or wherever you are) when you are done.

But no, nothing else just Medieval.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the links. I thought about checking it myself, but I didn't have the US store link and I didn't wanna get stuck on the Aussie store.

Into the bookmarks folder it goes.

[quote name='RollingSkull']
If I got a 10% off I'd be on Far Cry 3 like white on rice.[/QUOTE]

I only eat brown rice.

Where's that racist gif when I need it...

304.gif

[quote name='carl7117']do you guys know if fallout 1, 2, and tactics will work on windows 7?[/QUOTE]

They technically work but that doesn't mean they work well. I have both the Steam version of Fallout 1, and the GOG.com version they gave out for free a while back. Recently I fired up the Steam version and was disappointed to see color problems. Installed the GOG version and they were fixed.

I'm sure there's a fix for the Steam version for these issue though, I just didn't have the patience to find it. :)

EDIT: Fix here

[quote name='Spyder187']Hunted was an awesome game on the 360 imo. If the pc port holds up I highly recommend it. I know I would buy it if i had some spare cash laying around.[/QUOTE]

I still have the codes for D3 BFE & Hunted from the Bethesda pack sitting there. I didn't hear that many good things about Hunted from reviews, only on CAG lol.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Hmmm... Raccoon City is 66% off as well at $17. Dunno if I should bite; base price may drop, but then again, Capcom is tight on discounts in the first place.[/QUOTE]

No, No, No, No, No. That game is too much even if they PAID you to play it. I got a copy before the reviews hit and well...go check out the reviews. :/

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I only eat brown rice.

Where's that racist gif when I need it...

304.gif
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I only eat brown rice too, it's "betta" for you

[quote name='Bios Element']No, No, No, No, No. That game is too much even if they PAID you to play it. I got a copy before the reviews hit and well...go check out the reviews. :/[/QUOTE]

But I'll never play it anyways though. I'm just trying to gauge the probability of a base price drop.

[quote name='MC Kage']I didn't hear that many good things about Hunted from reviews, only on CAG lol.[/QUOTE]
It must be pretty good then.

I enjoyed RE5 a lot. I played it all the way through in coop with a buddy. Then I beat it again solo and got all the collectibles. Mercenaries mode was fun with a friend too.

[quote name='facls']Deponia is quite charming, played about an hour of it so far.[/QUOTE]

I knew absolutely nothing about this adventure game, made some research and man, ain't it one of the coolest and weirdest I've ever heard... I'm tempted to bite, but it's a shame that Italian language isn't included in the Steam version and sold only on physical disk in my country. I wonder why...

Maybe some third party distributors don't want to share the earnings for their localization efforts, but then I cannot understand why some other titles like Plants vs. Zombies, which are translated by the company who makes them, are sold through digital means without proper Italian subtitles when their physical counterparts have them. Dunno if that's the case with other languages too, but it's something that bothers me especially when translations and voice actors seem really good, as for Deponia... :whistle2:|

McPixel is really good, and I actually paid $10 (by choice) after the whole "Pirate Bay" incident. For $2.50? Yes...I'm sure it will be cheaper again, but I definitely think it's worth it if you're on the edge. It's quick enough that you won't really contribute to your backlog.

As for Home? $1 is okay for what essentially boils down to a one, maybe two, playthrough game.

[quote name='tham1988']so which community choice should I vote for?
anyone think just cause 2 would include the dlc?[/QUOTE]

100% chance that the DLC for Just Cause 2 will also get discounted. It's always discounted when it goes on sale.

I'm not sure what to vote for either. I already own all the options.

If just cause wins the community vote I will be so mad. It's been $5 or less so many times if you don't own it well you apparently didn't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back