The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Talgrund']
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
8QF68-A797R-BQRKG
[/QUOTE]

Damn, I tried but already snapped up by a dirty lurker. Thanks anyway for sharing.

[quote name='Eldredpe']They got the first two Deponia's out quite quickly and it's part of a trilogy.

Perhaps by the Summer sale or next Winter sale there will be a Deponia trilogy bundle that gets a deeper discount than the publisher pack.[/QUOTE]

thanks for pointing this out
I'm gonna just wait now
if I really like it, i'd like to be able to play all 3 at once anyway

Thanks for the inputs on deponia. I guess ill be skipping it again this time around. Will be looking forward for the complete trilogy then.

[quote name='tham1988']thanks for pointing this out
I'm gonna just wait now
if I really like it, i'd like to be able to play all 3 at once anyway[/QUOTE]

same. thanks Eldredpe on letting us know Desponia's part of a trilogy. putting my cash into Home for some post-xmas gifts.

I enjoyed Sniper Ghost Warrior but I'm a sucker for games that take place in a jungle setting. Is it perfect? Absolutely not but for $2 you could do a hell of a lot worse. Just beware you might have to tinker with the ini file to get it running smoothly.

[quote name='jshackles']Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but Green Man Gaming has Alan Wake on sale for $7.49, which comes to $5.24 after using the coupon for 30% off (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831). This activates on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Tempting, but I think my buy price is five bucks with the DLC.

We're posting our hauls already? Here's mine:

Darksiders Franchise Pack (Amazon)
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Amazon)
Bethesda Pack (Gamersgate)

Steam store :

Dead Rising 2 Complete Pack

Gifts from friends:

Bastion
Fallout
Anomally Warzone Earth

Gifts for others on Steam:

Zeno Clash (2)
Nation Red
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
The Bard's Tale
Rock of Ages

[quote name='Eldredpe']Playing single-player, I have never enjoyed any Borderlands related experience.

I should probably try some multiplayer, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

You should! The co-op is a ball with a group of people new to the game. :D

Which reminds me I still need to start the DLC. :lol:

Damn ... I was hoping to pick up Brotherhood and Revelations when AC went on sale but none of the others are part of the discount this time. Hopefully they will have it as a franchise on a daily deal as I would prefer to have them all on Steam since that is where I have the first two.

[quote name='carl7117']now its getting ridiculous they just keep recycling the deals from the day before[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this has been their pattern for the last couple of major sales. It's basically the same 75 or so games recycled through votes, dailies, and flash.

[quote name='basis']Little Inferno? I'd like to vote but the game concept is eye-brow raising.[/QUOTE]

Same here i dont think i will either

[quote name='mac995555']Ghost warrior for $2[/QUOTE]

It's the Gold version for $2, all DLC included. It doesn't look like it because they list it under the base game, but the description says it's the Gold version. I just purchased and can confirm you get the map pack, and the 2nd strike dlc also. Even for an average game (5.7 user metacritic score), that's an incredible price.

[quote name='iamtorsoul']Kind of want to get Super Meat Boy... Been wanting it for a while and always seem to miss a good price.[/QUOTE]
they had a humble bundle sometime ago with it

[quote name='Mooby']Unfortunately this has been their pattern for the last couple of major sales. It's basically the same 75 or so games recycled through votes, dailies, and flash.[/QUOTE]This is because Steam is reflective of Valve which is embodied by Gabe "When's lunch? I haven't eaten in minutes!" Newell, the fat f*cking liar who believes that he and his companies can coast on long-ago glories forever. While Amazon has T-Money Tony LIVING HERE seemingly 24/7, posting all through Christmas Day and night, and delivering killer deals, Steam/Valve/Gabe are content to offer a small smattering of titles at lackluster discounts with the expectation the suckers will just cough up because they hate EA/Origin more than they dislike getting bent over by Steam. They've become fat, lazy, entitled and apathetic. As terrible as last Christmas' Coalfest was, at least we were engaged and trying to win something for playing games. This year it's nothing but lousy "deals" and the money is staying in our pockets or going to GOG, GMG, Amazon, anywhere but Steam.

[quote name='carl7117']they had a humble bundle sometime ago with it[/QUOTE]

Somehow the Humble Bundles flew completely under my radar until the THQ one. Still bummed I missed a few of them.

[quote name='iamtorsoul']Kind of want to get Super Meat Boy... Been wanting it for a while and always seem to miss a good price.[/QUOTE]

It's the same price at GMG right now but you can also use a 30% off voucher on top of that.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/super-meat-boy/

Use GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 at checkout to bring it down to about $2.62. That's probably about as low as you will get it outside of a bundle, which already has been in.

[quote name='DirkBelig']This is because Steam is reflective of Valve which is embodied by Gabe "When's lunch? I haven't eaten in minutes!" Newell, the fat f*cking liar who believes that he and his companies can coast on long-ago glories forever. While Amazon has T-Money Tony LIVING HERE seemingly 24/7, posting all through Christmas Day and night, and delivering killer deals, Steam/Valve/Gabe are content to offer a small smattering of titles at lackluster discounts with the expectation the suckers will just cough up because they hate EA/Origin more than they dislike getting bent over by Steam. They've become fat, lazy, entitled and apathetic. As terrible as last Christmas' Coalfest was, at least we were engaged and trying to win something for playing games. This year it's nothing but lousy "deals" and the money is staying in our pockets or going to GOG, GMG, Amazon, anywhere but Steam.[/QUOTE]

You don't strike me as a person that's much fun to talk to at parties...

Yesterday
[quote name='DirkBelig']...
Anyways, I apologize for being snippy about giant games lists. I just don't get wanting to have so many, but whatever floats your canoes.

Everyone have a peaceful and joyous Christmas. :)[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Severose']I like this Dirk better. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Aaand today

[quote name='DirkBelig']*verbal diarrhea redacted*[/QUOTE]

Well I see Dirk's Temporary Christmas Spirit is used up and he's back to his good ol' self again.

[quote name='DirkBelig']This is because Steam is reflective of Valve which is embodied by Gabe "When's lunch? I haven't eaten in minutes!" Newell, the fat f*cking liar who believes that he and his companies can coast on long-ago glories forever. While Amazon has T-Money Tony LIVING HERE seemingly 24/7, posting all through Christmas Day and night, and delivering killer deals, Steam/Valve/Gabe are content to offer a small smattering of titles at lackluster discounts with the expectation the suckers will just cough up because they hate EA/Origin more than they dislike getting bent over by Steam. They've become fat, lazy, entitled and apathetic. As terrible as last Christmas' Coalfest was, at least we were engaged and trying to win something for playing games. This year it's nothing but lousy "deals" and the money is staying in our pockets or going to GOG, GMG, Amazon, anywhere but Steam.[/QUOTE]

Rage much?

Before we go full tilt into Steam sale bashing yet again, I'll point out that there have been at least a few surprise killer deals during this sale (9.99 Dead Rising 2 Complete Bundle and a few others). It just hasn't been consistently good.

Buy the good deals, skip the bad. Maybe they'll get the hint eventually.

Okay so i just got the Humble bundle and have an extra copy of Grimrock

im curious if i added that to my steam account would that give me a giftable copy of grimrock or would it be best to try to trade that with someone for maybe another game(if i can trust em hehe)?

So, most of my purchases for Steam this holiday season have been from third-party sites. Whenever I check Steam, I get a little discouraged at the higher prices and recycled deals.

I'm beginning to wonder whether or not buying cheaper from Amazon and GG is hurting Valve enough so that they're having some financial troubles. I mean, we don't pay them directly, we just use their client to download our games. I would laugh if people buying Steam games from places other than Steam caused the service to go bankrupt. We wouldn't have much to show for our money.

[quote name='hal']Before we go full tilt into Steam sale bashing yet again, I'll point out that there have been at least a few surprise killer deals during this sale (9.99 Dead Rising 2 Complete Bundle and a few others). It just hasn't been consistently good.

Buy the good deals, skip the bad. Maybe they'll get the hint eventually.[/QUOTE]

The $2 Ghost Warrior flash is great, honestly.

I don't know if Ghost Warrior is great, but I might pick it up at that price, regardless.

[quote name='Kevfactor']Okay so i just got the Humble bundle and have an extra copy of Grimrock

im curious if i added that to my steam account would that give me a giftable copy of grimrock or would it be best to try to trade that with someone for maybe another game(if i can trust em hehe)?[/QUOTE]

It would tell you that you already own the game.

[quote name='Kevfactor']Okay so i just got the Humble bundle and have an extra copy of Grimrock

im curious if i added that to my steam account would that give me a giftable copy of grimrock or would it be best to try to trade that with someone for maybe another game(if i can trust em hehe)?[/QUOTE]
It will not add to your steam account as a giftable copy. Your only option is to try and trade the key, or sell it, or give it away.

Whats more fun than playing with yours? SETTING THEM ON FIRE
Its little inferno its little inferno just for me!!!
I will end up passing for now but, that game has that sort of dark humor and story that sucks me in. Plus who doesn't love a virtual fireplace?
I dont understand why its not on iOS or android its perfect for a touch based game.

Ooh, I've been hoping for a deal on Little Inferno. Maybe it has a shot of winning since the other two games it's up against have already been on sale.

The Steam Sale hasn't been bad, I think it's just, we're spoiled by these other awesome deals from these other awesome websites and that's made Steam seem....tame...by comparison.

I've spent money on Steam this sale, but nowhere near as much as usual. Most of my money went to Amazon and GMG, like..well..everyone else.'

that being said. AC2 for 5 bucks? So tempting. I would love another swim through that game.

[quote name='DirkBelig']They've become fat, lazy, entitled and apathetic.[/QUOTE]

I totally just bought Ghost Warrior sight unseen for $1.99. You have fun being all pissed off now.

Edit: And Sniper: Ghost Warrior is my 200th Steam game. Who would've thought that would be the one? I'll buy anything for a couple of bucks.

So this is a key feature now? Taken directly from the Little Inferno store page. Oh boy, this game is indie! I definitely want to buy it now!

100% indie - made by 3 guys, no office, no publishers, no funding

[quote name='Tsel']So this is a key feature now? Taken directly from the Little Inferno store page. Oh boy, this game is indie! I definitely want to buy it now![/QUOTE]

Also no spamming, advertising, or upselling, just the game.

They are some strange key features.

[quote name='Tsel']So this is a key feature now? Taken directly from the Little Inferno store page. Oh boy, this game is indie! I definitely want to buy it now![/QUOTE]
At least its not false and misleading like that whole WarZ thing. Sure it has 100% nothing to do with the game, but I bet you have at least 1 person going... "Im an artist I only buy indie game b/c thats were TRUE art is" or some bull crap. If it sells copies it sells copies. No harm in a little self promotion.

[quote name='Cantatus']Ooh, I've been hoping for a deal on Little Inferno. Maybe it has a shot of winning since the other two games it's up against have already been on sale.[/QUOTE]

You would think it'd win... But these Steam community votes are always disappointing.
/voted for it
/has OMD2
/Ninja has been on sale what, 2 or 3 times already?

Ghost Warriors is probably the best flash sale they've had, at least its up there. I'm not interested in it even if it were free, but maybe we'll finally start to see some decent sales the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back