The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain Urahara']Alice Madness Returns is $4.99 (75% off) as part of the flash sale.

I suggest you grab it if you are interested. I don't know how well it controls on PC but I played it on PS3 and loved it. Very fun platformer and a damn good story. Highly recommended![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I second. Highly recommend.

[quote name='MC Kage']You get 8 copies[/QUOTE]

8 for 22.50, I guess that works. Gotta pull the serials fast then.

I don't want to risk having it not go through. Oh well.

Ruh roh - got to payment and saying I have an incorrect order id.

As an aside to the Borderlands 2 madness, since Serious Sam 3 has popped up at 85% off as a Flash it's pretty likely to be a daily, too, at that price. And unless it is a daily tomorrow (which I doubt), it'll overlap with January. Thus... if it ends up on the Editor's Choice list (which is likely I would think) then you have $1 Serious Sam 3.

[quote name='MC Kage']Somehow it emptied my cart while I was at the checkout page. wow[/QUOTE]

Yeah. i think the price is still wrong but they've stopped people from being able to purchase it. I got "invalid order code" when trying to confirm the purchase.

[quote name='Botcher']Yeah. i think the price is still wrong but they've stopped people from being able to purchase it. I got "invalid order code" when trying to confirm the purchase.[/QUOTE]

NOOOO!!

Made it to paypal and sent the payment back Timed out and now cart showing 0

Sadder than reboot Vader seeing Luke get tazered.

[quote name='Botcher']Yeah. i think the price is still wrong but they've stopped people from being able to purchase it. I got "invalid order code" when trying to confirm the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully someone got screens, those came in handy with Target back in the day (halo 3?)

[quote name='nategator']NOOOO!!

Sadder than reboot Vader seeing Luke get tazered.[/QUOTE]

Try checking your email for order link??

Hmm, looks like I missed some BL2 deal while sleeping. Oh well, doesn't matter. There's still so much to play and finish until the summer sales :p

Alice in Wonderland is12,50 here :/

Any thoughts about Sniper Ghost Warrior? I always snipe in shooter games, but I hear a lot of bad things about it. On the other hand, it's only 2,-

[quote name='Mooby']As an aside to the Borderlands 2 madness, since Serious Sam 3 has popped up at 85% off as a Flash it's pretty likely to be a daily, too, at that price. And unless it is a daily tomorrow (which I doubt), it'll overlap with January. Thus... if it ends up on the Editor's Choice list (which is likely I would think) then you have $1 Serious Sam 3.[/QUOTE]

Could you explain how, for this european nub, please? :)

[quote name='NamPaehc']Hopefully someone got screens, those came in handy with Target back in the day (halo 3?)

Try checking your email for order link??[/QUOTE]

No dice, looks like they are shutting the whole entire site down. Bouncing back payments from paypal and can't see the my orders page.

[quote name='nategator']NOOOO!!

Sadder than reboot Vader seeing Luke get tazered.[/QUOTE]

Check your email or in gamersgate check your account history.

Just got a confirmation email from GG for a 4 pack (11.25) I remember with the Bethesda bundle someone had posted instructions on how to pay, with a direct link to your order number. Anyone have the link by chance?

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Alice Madness Returns is $4.99 (75% off) as part of the flash sale.

I suggest you grab it if you are interested. I don't know how well it controls on PC but I played it on PS3 and loved it. Very fun platformer and a damn good story. Highly recommended![/QUOTE]

Uh, wha...? I see it at 14,99€, which is indeed 75% off its standard euro price (49,99€)... am I missing something, or are we talking about Gamersgate? I got it on Xbox, but at that price I'll gladly double dip! :bouncy:

[quote name='Nickland21']Just got a confirmation email from GG for a 4 pack (11.25) I remember with the Bethesda bundle someone had posted instructions on how to pay, with a direct link to your order number. Anyone have the link by chance?[/QUOTE]

Its in the email

[quote name='Nickland21']Just got a confirmation email from GG for a 4 pack (11.25) I remember with the Bethesda bundle someone had posted instructions on how to pay, with a direct link to your order number. Anyone have the link by chance?[/QUOTE]
Your confirmation email has a link to view your order. You can complete payment through there.

Or replace the word "orderdetails" in your link with "payment"

It's at the bottom of that email.

[quote name='nategator']Everytime I get to paypal and send over the payment, GG stalls out. Did that happen last time?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='nategator']Everytime I get to paypal and send over the payment, GG stalls out. Did that happen last time?[/QUOTE]
It did during the Beth pack. Eventually they started bouncing my Paypal account for all the pings.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It did during the Beth pack. Eventually they started bouncing my Paypal account for all the pings.[/QUOTE]

How did you end up paying?

[quote name='Junpei']Uh, wha...? I see it at 14,99€, which is indeed 75% off its standard euro price (49,99€)... am I missing something, or are we talking about Gamersgate? I got it on Xbox, but at that price I'll gladly double dip! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously doubting your math skills O:)

[quote name='nategator']How did you end up paying?[/QUOTE]

Same question here, i want to pay but i can`t pass from the paypal payment phase.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Therapy']
Could you explain how, for this european nub, please? :)[/QUOTE]

Amazon has (and is) running a promo where if you buy a digital download game/product from them you get a code good for $5 off an Editor's Choice game in the month of January. And since Amazon will usually price match Steam's prices if all of the things I listed happened then there's a chance SS3 will effectively be $1 with coupon.

[quote name='nategator']How did you end up paying?[/QUOTE]
I eventually logged out of Paypal and, rather than logging back in, used a credit card for a "one time" payment through PP. Apparently the issue was between my actual PP account and GamersGate.

After a day or so, that must have resolved itself since I can use my PayPal account with GG again.

Serious Sam 3 for $6 isn't a bad deal if you enjoy old-school style FPS games. Not sure if it's been lower, but I picked it up last year for $10 and wasn't disappointed. Still play it with buddies every now and then.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I eventually logged out of Paypal and, rather than logging back in, used a credit card for a "one time" payment through PP. Apparently the issue was between my actual PP account and GamersGate.

After a day or so, that must have resolved itself since I can use my PayPal account with GG again.[/QUOTE]

Did paypal/GG tell you that they were refusing the account, or something you figured out on your own?

So all the copies are in my library, would it be a good idea to email all the gifts to myself so that I have the keys, or should I just leave them in my library to gift through GG later?

[quote name='nategator']Did paypal/GG tell you that they were refusing the account, or something you figured out on your own?[/QUOTE]

I ask the same, because the problem is not with my PP account getting rejected, the problem is that the gamersgate domain is down and the payment goes through the website.

At least is what i have figured out in my own.

[quote name='Mooby']Amazon has (and is) running a promo where if you buy a digital download game/product from them you get a code good for $5 off an Editor's Choice game in the month of January. And since Amazon will usually price match Steam's prices if all of the things I listed happened then there's a chance SS3 will effectively be $1 with coupon.[/QUOTE]

I see... that means I'm going to have to take a closer look at Amazon :D Thanks!

Oh wait... While typing that I realised that I don't have a credit card and Amazon does not accept Paypal. Crap :(

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']What am I going to do with 30 subscriptions to Vibe copies of Borderlands 2?[/QUOTE]

Did you buy 30 copies? Or did some glitch end you up with 30 keys? :p

Does anyone game on a Resolution higher then 1080p? Just curios to know how it is, I'm eying an ASUS monitor that's only $700 and can output 2560x1440.

[quote name='nategator']Any1 see this only giftable option? What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

When you buy more than one thing or a 4-pack on gamersgate, you can't access all the keys yourself. You have to gift the others to people who then need to make a GG account to get the keys. I'm not sure if you can self-gift to your own e-mail address, though.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I eventually logged out of Paypal and, rather than logging back in, used a credit card for a "one time" payment through PP. Apparently the issue was between my actual PP account and GamersGate.

After a day or so, that must have resolved itself since I can use my PayPal account with GG again.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. My paypal account is still block from gamersgate. :(

Its saying I need to verify my credit card in paypal. But its been verified for a long time now.

[quote name='Therapy']I'm seriously doubting your math skills O:)[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I'm the first to doubt them, but at least they're on par with Steam's :bouncy:

y5swh.png

[quote name='mac995555']Does anyone game on a Resolution higher then 1080p? Just curios to know how it is, I'm eying an ASUS monitor that's only $700 and can output 2560x1440.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, need a solid card or crossfire.

Also, check out the korean ebay monitors too since they are half but not as good of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back