The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']Blood Bowl has crappy DRM.

F1 was already on sale and is expensive and only 50% off even if it wins.

I voted Football Manager 2013 mostly because of The End. :p

Oh and I'm tempted by the Space Marine pack since you do get all the DLC.

Aaaand bought.[/QUOTE]
Blood Bowl chaos has steam for drm i believe.

I wish more fun open world games continued their stories with quality DLC. I think RDR pulled this off incredibly well with Undead Nightmare. AC2 DLC was boring, Infamous 2 DLC was decent but overall uninteresting, SR3 DLC was a complete disappointment for me, and so far I have not really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs DLC (though I did not pick up Zodiac tournament). Maybe I'm just too picky after wringing out as much fun as I could from these worlds...

P.S. Steam kills my OCD with the way they name titles of the same franchise inconsistently,

Warhammer ® 40,000™: Dawn of War(R) II
Warhammer ® 40,000™: Dawn of War(R) II — Retribution™
Warhammer ® 40,000™: Dawn of War(R) II - Chaos Rising™
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War — Dark Crusade
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War — Soulstorm
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War — Winter Assault

Wish there was a way to sort these things in order.

[quote name='cranky2']...Too bad the DLC costumes can't be used in singleplayer, ala Arkham City.[/QUOTE]

The image previews are broken, but these are definitely worth the download.

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Someone please sell me a copy of BL2 at an amount equal to what they paid for it. ;) I had to do that stupid being alive thing called "sleep."

[quote name='Blade']Someone please sell me a copy of BL2 at an amount equal to what they paid for it. ;) I had to do that stupid being alive thing called "sleep."[/QUOTE]

I paid $25 for my copy... :cool:

[quote name='zillionandnine']And I paid $37 for mine! No regrets. First time in a long time preordering a game.[/QUOTE]

I went to the full $60 and this game is amazing. It's so good that I really don't care if I missed this amazing deal. The game is so good I would feel guilty profiting off it.

As you can tell I think the game is okay.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Just an FYI, all the DLC for Space Marine applies to the multi player aspect.[/QUOTE]

Oh bleh. I hate when games do that and don't make it super obvious. I still don't feel too bad because I wanted the game anyway, am fine with paying $7.50 and the completionist in me is happy that I own all the DLC even if I will never use it.

But still I do wish the'd think of us single player folks sometimes.

That or maybe I will get off my butt and do some multiplayer with it. We'll see.

[quote name='Terlan']Blood Bowl chaos has steam for drm i believe.[/QUOTE]

I looked into it and it appears you are correct.

I remember a huge hullaballoo over 3rd party DRM with activation limits on a Blood Bowl game and I know Focus and their backwards 20th century Euro ways just LURVES that kind of DRM, but apparently it was the olde Blood Bowl games and not this one that was infected with that crap.

The thing is, now the name "Blood Bowl" in my mind has been forever associated with crappy DRM so these publishers really need to think these things through.
/rant

OK, so it looks like there is time before the next good Steam GamersGate glitch sale. I guess I'll actually play one of these dang games I bought...

[quote name='Neuro5i5']OK, so it looks like there is time before the next good Steam GamersGate glitch sale. I guess I'll actually play one of these dang games I bought...[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm trying to decide if I want to mess around in Saints Row 3 some more or start Sleeping Dogs (or finish The Walking Dead... or... ah! too many choices!)

Grabbed Hotline Miami. Was hoping for a bigger discount but felt left out sitting on the sidelines for this sale, wanted some action, especially after missing out on the GamersGate fun this morning.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay people this isn't the

OMGZ PLZ GIVZ ME BL2 4 $10 PLZZ!!!!!!1111

thread.[/QUOTE]
If they were all rainbow I think I'd like them more lol

[quote name='cheapo72']The image previews are broken, but these are definitely worth the download.

"Knowledge is power, guard it well."[/QUOTE]

Will have to check these out, later. I know nothing about the franchise and so without preview images I'd be guessing. Black Templars look sick, though.

[quote name='buddynayr']Any chance Civ 5 expansions are going to be discounted more?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a great big $20 pack with Civ 5 GOTY, G&K expansion, Civ IV complete, & Stronghold collection.

But if you don't need all that they are supposed to be doing some extra Civ V promotion Friday that may see some of the ala carte stuff discounted. I'm not sure if the exact nature of that sale has been announced because I haven't been following that thread closely due to...

[quote name='Jaysonguy']If they were all rainbow I think I'd like them more lol[/QUOTE]

If you like big colorful fonts they are all the rage in the Amazon thread. :p

[quote name='Genocidal']The PC area of this site was better when it wasn't about exploiting obvious pricing errors or free giveaways to the max and then turning around and ripping everyone else off for massive profits.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Literally everyone is asking $15 for it.

[quote name='Blade']Agreed. Literally everyone is asking $15 for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was hoping you were able to get it, you didn't gouge me on the Bethesda bundle and thank you for that :D . I wish more people were like that, but oh well what can you do, it's their keys and they do what they want with them.

Grabbed abunch of Sleeping Dogs DLC. Really liking the game. Bought the Drunken Fist pack last night and now its $1 cheaper, oh well worth it.

[quote name='mrfossey']On an unrelated note, buy Thirty Flights of loving for $2.50. Now.[/QUOTE]

You keep recommending these indie games that look like they are probably terrible. Are you being sarcastic or are these actually good games that I'm missing out on?

The Space Marine DLC is on sale. As someone with no intention of playing multiplayer, what recommendations do people have for the rest of the DLC?

[quote name='Preedatore']If I bought a 4 pack of BL2 for $11 I would find 3 friends with it on their wishlist and tell them Merry Christmas.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did with the THQ Medley, minus the friends part. That's alright, though. Everyone sees things differently, you can't really be mad at someone for not wanting to give away some free shit. Just be thankful that some people do want to.

[quote name='Genocidal']The PC area of this site was better when it wasn't about exploiting obvious pricing errors or free giveaways to the max and then turning around and ripping everyone else off for massive profits[/QUOTE]
This.
It was great to see that I could get a game from missed deal for discount price from trading thread, because we're all cheapasses.

Gamersgate just refunded me on the Bethesda glitch. The email mentioned the BL 4 pack as well, even though I didn't go anywhere near that. Guess that's a wrap. Nuts.

Don't care about BL2 but would have gotten the new Ghost Recon for 2 bucks and something. Too bad I have to sleep now and then...

[quote name='Motoki']Okay people this isn't the

OMGZ PLZ GIVZ ME BL2 4 $10 PLZZ!!!!!!1111

thread.[/QUOTE]

no, no, no Stand Firm
borderlands2-header.jpg
for $5 :lol:

[quote name='Preedatore']If I bought a 4 pack of BL2 for $11 I would find 3 friends with it on their wishlist and tell them Merry Christmas.[/QUOTE]
I thought they had the 4 pack for 5 something. I want in on that :bouncy:
and yeah, I would've gifted mine (pay back Motoki for buying me Coconut Queen) yes, I did go there

Long live the Coconut Queen and her land of succulent fruits and brawny gents.

sorry, getting restless, this may be the first year I don't buy anything from Steam during the Holiday sale. (last year was my first) this does not bode well for future sales. :bouncy:

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Gamersgate just refunded me on the Bethesda glitch. The email mentioned the BL 4 pack as well, even though I didn't go anywhere near that. Guess that's a wrap. Nuts.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. It was fun while it lasted.

Am I missing something...or are the top 6 games on sale today the same ones that were on sale yesterday? Is my Steam just not updating or is it a universal glitch?

-33% Lego Lotr and Xcom? Lol I'm not even bothered anymore, hilarious how half-assed this sale is :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Junpei']Ah yes, that was it, spur of the moment and blah blah blah... O:)
Nowhere near to the aforementioned 4,99$, anyway, which in euro should be even less... :cry:[/QUOTE]

There's a reason I said $4.99

It's the US price. Different countries, different prices. Even if it should be a lower price, it doesn't mean it is a lower price.

Blame Valve on that one.

[quote name='nny']Damn, I was hoping for Xcom dlc to go on sale. Guess I'll wait for Summer sale now.[/QUOTE]

Same oh well. At least FTL went on sale for 50% but I think I will wait for it to be in a bundle now.

Uhh FTL was showing 50% now its only 25% hmm.

so I just got home from work, what's all this talk of Borderlands 2 Gamersgate glitch. I already own the game myself but I'm curious as to what happened

Oh interesting, I expected the Gamersgate refund since everyone else who purchased the Bethesda glitch got the same email, but they actually refunded the entire purchase (which included 2 Stardock bundles). Does that mean if someone bought a Bethesda bundle along with multiple other items, everything got refunded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back