The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='barrow']I'm late to the FTL party. I notice that it's $5.99 on ftlgame.com right now. Does anyone think we'll see it at a lower price sometime during any of these sales or should I jump on this opportunity?[/QUOTE]

I was JUST about to buy it from ftlgame.com but decided I might as well wait a few mins for the off-chance it would be one of the Steam daily sales. Saved myself $1. Excited for this game.

[quote name='imac2much']Oh interesting, I expected the Gamersgate refund since everyone else who purchased the Bethesda glitch got the same email, but they actually refunded the entire purchase (which included 2 Stardock bundles). Does that mean if someone bought a Bethesda bundle along with multiple other items, everything got refunded?[/QUOTE]

I still have the pack in my account and haven't received an email yet about a refund. I did buy it as a gift and gifted it to my account. I am just debating now to put in a ticket for a refund don't really feel like parting out the pack.

FTL 50% may just wait to see if it gets in a bundle. Would be awesome if it gets added to HB 7 as a bonus game but highly unlikely since it is so new.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']That game looks terribad, big square heads, its like for creativity they didnt even try, whats the final boss a tetrahedron?[/QUOTE]
How many other games have that art style?

Minimalistic things can have just as much impact as ornate stylings

Personally I like it

As for the Bethesda pack, I got refunded on a gift copy I hadn't touched yet. However, the pack associated with my account was not refunded. I'm guessing its because I already redeemed a couple of the keys. I'm a little irked, but I still happy that I got a copies of Skyrim and Dishonored on the cheap.

I'm also glad to see FTL as a daily. I preordered the game for $9, and it was easily worth that. I put a bunch of hours into it and I'm still glad I bought it at full price. Second best game I played this year, right behind Dishonored.

I wonder if they'll refund mine that all the keys have been claimed from, and if they do will they even email me? I never got a purchase email from them.

Edit: I'm not wanting to take advantage of them by using all the codes. Rereading kind of makes it seem like I'm hoping for a refund, which I'm not.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']so I just got home from work, what's all this talk of Borderlands 2 Gamersgate glitch. I already own the game myself but I'm curious as to what happened[/QUOTE]

First Borderlands 2 for $14.99 and the Season Pass for $7.50, price fixed it's all seemed like a little mistake (another one :)). Then the 4 pack for $22.50, then for $11, then for $5.63 on some regions :hot:.

[quote name='jrodri86']First Borderlands 2 for $14.99 and the Season Pass for $7.50, price fixed it's all seemed like a little mistake (another one :)). Then the 4 pack for $22.50, then for $11, then for $5.63 on some regions :hot:.[/QUOTE]

The price changed THREE times on the pack?! GG needs to get itself (and their database) together before they sell themselves out of business.

I went from having more than a years worth of content for $27 and being satisfied to only having bought Sniper for $2. Now that's just sad.

[quote name='AionTelos']Did I miss BL2 being really cheap?[/QUOTE]

It was $11.24 for 4 copies, and a lot of people are trying to get $15 per copy. :roll:

[quote name='jrodri86']First Borderlands 2 for $14.99 and the Season Pass for $7.50, price fixed it's all seemed like a little mistake (another one :)). Then the 4 pack for $22.50, then for $11, then for $5.63 on some regions :hot:.[/QUOTE]

wow those 4-pack prizes are insane, I wonder if they will honor them like they did with the Bethesda pack

[quote name='LazyTriangle']wow those 4-pack prizes are insane, I wonder if they will honor them like they did with the Bethesda pack[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they aren't honoring either deal.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']wow those 4-pack prizes are insane, I wonder if they will honor them like they did with the Bethesda pack[/QUOTE]

They ran out of keys, People who got their keys out should be fine, but seems like they're already refunding orders that didn't got any keys. Same for the Bethesda Pack.

Refunds are being sent out now for the Bethesda and BL2 mistakes...

All 3 of my packs have been removed as well. I only used one key (Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate), but I gave it to my brother....I'll update if he doesn't get to keep the content.

OK, so what Sleeping Dogs DLC should I have? I already have the Triad Enforcer Pack and the two free DLCs (Community Gift and Valve T-Shirt Pack). I don't care about cosmetic DLC generally, but is there any DLC that adds actual gameplay content? From my understanding, the only DLC like that is Nightmare in North Point, right?

[quote name='zico']you guys think FTL will be a flash sale? i doubt it right?[/QUOTE]

It might be, but it wont be cheaper this sale.

[quote name='nny']Damn, I was hoping for Xcom dlc to go on sale. Guess I'll wait for Summer sale now.[/QUOTE]

It's Steamworks so there's potential for DLC sales elsewhere though admittedly some of the other stores, like Amazon, aren't as good with putting DLC on sale as they are with putting the base on sale.

I want the DLC too but I don't 33% off want it.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']That game looks terribad, big square heads, its like for creativity they didnt even try, whats the final boss a tetrahedron?

Total bundle fodder, classic example of a dev who wanted to vomit a game onto steam for a quick buck like War z.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
So Bridget, tell us what you really think.

Personally though I kind of agree. I usually buy anything cheap and as most regulars here know my standards are very low! But this one I think I will pass on, get it later on in a bundle and then never play it.

[quote name='zillionandnine']OK, so what Sleeping Dogs DLC should I have? I already have the Triad Enforcer Pack and the two free DLCs (Community Gift and Valve T-Shirt Pack). I don't care about cosmetic DLC generally, but is there any DLC that adds actual gameplay content? From my understanding, the only DLC like that is Nightmare in North Point, right?[/QUOTE]

Nightmare in North Point is the only DLC worth it. There are others that come with extra missions, outfits, etc. but they're not really worth the money. Nightmare in North Point is barely worth it, it only took me an hour to complete it with all achievements.

[quote name='cranky2']P.S. Steam kills my OCD with the way they name titles of the same franchise inconsistently,

Warhammer ® 40,000™: Dawn of War(R) II
Warhammer ® 40,000™: Dawn of War(R) II — Retribution™
Warhammer ® 40,000™: Dawn of War(R) II - Chaos Rising™
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War — Dark Crusade
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War — Soulstorm
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War — Winter Assault

Wish there was a way to sort these things in order.[/QUOTE]

I have OCD issues myself. I ordered in my own database as:
(Is this is the order they more or less came out (not counting the DLC)?)

Dawn of War Franchise Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Chaos Rising
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Ultramarines Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Captain Wargear DLC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Chaos Sorcerer Wargear DLC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Chaos Space Marines Race Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Dark Angels Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Death Korps of Krieg Skin Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Eldar Race Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Farseer Wargear DLC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Hive Tyrant Wargear DLC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Imperial Guard Race Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Last Stand Tau Commander
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Lord General Wargear DLC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Mekboy Wargear DLC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Ork Race Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Space Marines Race Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Tyranid Race Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Ulthwe Wargear DLC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution - Word Bearers Skin Pack
Dawn of War II: Retribution - The Last Standalone

Damn it. I'm actually more pissed about losing the Stardock Pack keys. I hadn't installed them to Steam yet because I wasn't sure which game I wanted, and thus, lost all of them (except for the few that I managed to trade.)

I guess in the end I got ~$18 of free games out of it, but it's still annoying. Was looking forward to trying out Fallen Enchantress, and the GalCiv games.

Wasn't X-Com already a daily? Maybe it was a flash, whatever this sale has sucked for those that own a bunch of games already.

A couple of gems like DR2 and Mirrors Edge for me though.

I'm hopeful this turns around since we are still only like 1/2 through.

[quote name='jrodri86']They ran out of keys, People who got their keys out should be fine, but seems like they're already refunding orders that didn't got any keys. Same for the Bethesda Pack.[/QUOTE]

they are refunding the Bethesda pack too? I bought Dishonored from a CAG who got it from that GG glitch and he sent me a Gamersgate gift with the game but when I click the redeem key button its says they are out of steam keys and they will supply them whenever they get more. Will I get it eventually or am I out of luck?

Disappointed by the refund, but I can't say it wasn't unexpected.

Thinking about FTL, how if the RNG? Are most games completely determined by that or is it rare that a game is impossible?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']they are refunding the Bethesda pack too? I bought Dishonored from a CAG who got it from that GG glitch and he sent me a Gamersgate gift with the game but when I click the redeem key button its says they are out of steam keys and they will supply them whenever they get more. Will I get it eventually or am I out of luck?[/QUOTE]

eww...I hope the person you purchased it from refunds you the money...if you dont get the key.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']they are refunding the Bethesda pack too? I bought Dishonored from a CAG who got it from that GG glitch and he sent me a Gamersgate gift with the game but when I click the redeem key button its says they are out of steam keys and they will supply them whenever they get more. Will I get it eventually or am I out of luck?[/QUOTE]

I really don't know how they will handle this, i used/sold/traded almost all of the keys on my Bethesda pack. The only keys left are DOOM 3 and Rage and i was expecting to receive them on January, still haven't received any emails from them with a refund for any order. I'm guessing it depends on how many keys the person you who it from used, redeemed or viewed but that all speculation from my part. But if the person didn't got any of the keys and was expecting all of them on January it's very likely he will get a refund and the gifts will be removed from his account and probably yours. Let's just wait to see how this whole things ends.

Boooooooooooo thats just horrible. Best of luck. Hopefully the person will send you your money back.

[quote name='starscream1101']eww...I hope the person you purchased it from refunds you the money...if you dont get the key.[/QUOTE]

no its cool, that guy that traded me the game said if I didn't get a key or if they cancel his order he would refund me the money, he has a ton of positive feedback here on CAG so I know I can trust him. Now I get to play the waiting game to see if Gamersgate gives me a key or not.

[quote name='mac995555']Wasn't X-Com already a daily? Maybe it was a flash, whatever this sale has sucked for those that own a bunch of games already.[/quote]

Well, if you already own a lot of the games, of course it is going to suck. Personally, I've been happy with what I've been able to purchace.

I'm hopeful this turns around since we are still only like 1/2 through.

I think it already has a bit. People complain, but many come away with a good amount of games it seems.

Sleeping dogs is extremely tempting, anyone on here recommend it? I have a $20 steam gift card but i'm sort of waiting for Far Cry 3 to go on sale...if it's ever is going to be

I started Sleeping Dogs last night, granted on Xbox, but I played for 7 hours nonstop. The game is fanfuckingtastic and I couldn't put it down.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']There's a reason I said $4.99

It's the US price. Different countries, different prices. Even if it should be a lower price, it doesn't mean it is a lower price.

Blame Valve on that one.[/QUOTE]

Got it, no problem: I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something like a well known coupon or another crazy discount at Gamersgate... more bucks for me to spend on more favorable offers, then :)

[quote name='facls']FYI, new games have been added to the Humble Bundle, Steam keys for all: The Basement Collection, Offspring Fling and Cave Story+.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to get Basement and Offspring Fling.

Although I'm not happy to hear that people's bundles are being refunded. I haven't received any refunds yet, but I managed to get all keys for my first bundle. Trying to sell them off quickly, and I hope the keys aren't invalidated as well (although that would require a lot more work on their part).

I can see why this happened, though. The Bethesda Bundle was a big loss for them, but they were willing to suck up the deficit and give us all keys. But if you add in the huge losses from Borderlands 2 4-packs being sold for less than $12 (and $5.83 in some regions), well, that's too much debt. It's only fair if they remove both errors. I don't want to see them go under because of this.

OMG... There should be a "crap, I missed the GG glitch, sell me some" thread...

Now to the point... When the steam winter sale begins?

[quote name='facls']FYI, new games have been added to the Humble Bundle, Steam keys for all: The Basement Collection, Offspring Fling and Cave Story+.[/QUOTE]

Ha, this must've snuck past everyone, including me the first time. I activated it though. Thanks!

[quote name='jefexp']Sleeping dogs is extremely tempting, anyone on here recommend it? I have a $20 steam gift card but i'm sort of waiting for Far Cry 3 to go on sale...if it's ever is going to be[/QUOTE]

Sleeping Dogs is fantastic. The characters are interesting, the dialog is interesting, and the upgrade system is really, really cool. Think open world game with Batman AA/AC style combat and really beautiful visuals. The combo and basic grapple system is fun, too, though I recommend using a controller for the game. Oh, and there's an official hi-res texture pack you can download via Steam (make sure to enable it in the options).

I stopped enjoying these kinds of games years ago, but this game was a breath of fresh air for me. Totally recommended.

EDIT: I own the following DLC. Can anyone recommend any other DLC?

• Community Gift
  • HD Texture Pack
  • Triad Enforcer
  • Valve T-Shirt
  • Just Cause 2

Well it's official. Buying the Indie Royale Christmas bundle part 2 was a waste of money. :(

So as far as I can ascertain there is no Worms franchise pack. There is a Worms "complete" pack which has everything but Worms Revolution, and Worms Revolution by itself, correct?

Already have cave story, but was hoping basement collection would be added at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back