The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']I really should get off my ass and play it, since I did buy it and everything recently.

I'm addict so I bought all of if, even the god damned Katie Perry Cupcake Bra Pack, but definitely some of the expansions are better than others.

Between Ambitions and Generations it's kind of a tough call because I like them both but I think I slightly lean toward Ambitions because I like being able to play the careers, instead of just shoving them off in the car to disappear for work.[/QUOTE]

How does Ambitions work if you have multiple Sims with careers, though? Do you just set up interactions and switch between the two just like you normally would? And do these interactions only work on the new set of careers that come with Ambitions or are you able to use these new features on the old set of careers?

Really might just say hell with it and get both Generations and Ambitions, but then I'll realize that I'm getting close to owning all of the expansions and be even more tempted to get the others.

[quote name='Therapy']So people got (multiple?) 4-packs of BL2 for $11, and try selling them for $15 a piece? Wow, they're not CAG worthy. I would like a copy of BL for a couple of bucks but if they're so intent on making a profit it sounds to me like they should be boycotted. Let them keep their junk untill the prices have dropped and still don't buy them.

Although I'm afraid not many people will have such restraint and will buy them anyway.[/QUOTE]

Ben Franklin once said "Counting other people's money only makes you poorer in spirit."

not really

Heard a lot of good things about FTL so I pulled the trigger. With all these humble bundles and steam sales I finally have a respectable steam library. Now if only I would get to my backlog.....

[quote name='esq373']Anyone here know why Tom Clancy Splinter Cell Pandora's Tomorrow isn't on steam? The other Splinter Cell games are on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Something to do with the shadows not rendering properly. There are posts about it in the Steam forums. Just Google-Fu a bit and you'll find it.

[quote name='Broken Cage']If you're looking to play the games in order, that package doesn't have Pandora Tomorrow. If it's your first Splinter Cell, you might try Conviction first (which is included in the pack), as it is more forgiving than the earlier titles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll look into getting Pandora Tomorrow.

Also completely unrelated......

Someone in here told me Best Buy was doing 100% trade in bonus towards Steam credit. Does anyone know anything about this? I can't find it on there website.

Red Faction: Armageddon - Path to War DLC...
RB0P9-T86YL-IBVMN

Titan Quest
9Z475-IZJQJ-TE0RG

Darksiders 2: The Abyssal Forge DLC
L88GE-BWBEI-TF2T8

Crayon Physics Deluxe
WJWE3-9WM9Z-2HWCM

Machinarium
822IK-VQIMY-BRFFR

Cogs
7NPYA-8DXLG-QPTCX

Zen Bound 2
8WPW8-ETRHZ-7AP4B

So funny how much rage GG generates.

People angry at not getting in on a price glitch.
People angry at getting in on it, but not getting their keys and now getting a refund.
People angry at the opportunity to get a game at far below market value, but higher than what the seller got it for.

Hope you angry people are all taking your blood pressure meds.

[quote name='connor73']
Zen Bound 2
8WPW8-ETRHZ-7AP4B
[/QUOTE]

Snagged, thanks!

Edit: Paying it forward

Death to Spies and Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
6D0MB-4QACB-R5779

The Hideout Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned!
GRPS0-AYG9Z-56QKY-HQQIZ

[quote name='Tsel']How does Ambitions work if you have multiple Sims with careers, though? Do you just set up interactions and switch between the two just like you normally would? And do these interactions only work on the new set of careers that come with Ambitions or are you able to use these new features on the old set of careers?
[/quote]

Yep and yep. You just set them up like you were playing multiple house and queue things up. If you don't they will find their own things to do but they may not be the most productive.

The interactions are just for the new careers yes. I don't think there is much it adds to the existing ones though there may be an exception or too that I'm not immediately recalling.

Really might just say hell with it and get both Generations and Ambitions, but then I'll realize that I'm getting close to owning all of the expansions and be even more tempted to get the others.

ONEOFUSONEOFUS

At least as you don't buy Katie Perry's Sweet Treats you can keep some sense of pride as least.

Me on the other hand...

[quote name='connor73']Red Faction: Armageddon - Path to War DLC...
RB0P9-T86YL-IBVMN

Titan Quest
9Z475-IZJQJ-TE0RG

L88GE-BWBEI-TF2T8

Crayon Physics Deluxe
WJWE3-9WM9Z-2HWCM

Machinarium
822IK-VQIMY-BRFFR

Cogs
7NPYA-8DXLG-QPTCX

Zen Bound 2
8WPW8-ETRHZ-7AP4B
[/QUOTE]

Thanks I got the Red Faction DLC.

RB0P9-T86YL-IBVMN

Titan Quest
9Z475-IZJQJ-TE0RG

L88GE-BWBEI-TF2T8

Crayon Physics Deluxe
WJWE3-9WM9Z-2HWCM

Machinarium
822IK-VQIMY-BRFFR

Cogs
7NPYA-8DXLG-QPTCX

Zen Bound 2
8WPW8-ETRHZ-7AP4B
[/QUOTE]

lurker already grabbed crayon physics :(

So I have a Skyrim question for you all.

So I can't sneak anymore. As in my game crashed so I load up my game again and when I press the sneak button, nothing happens. I tried restarting steam, reloading my game, reloading an earlier save. I even did the verify the game cache and nothing. I play a stealthy rouge like character so this is important. Can anyone lead me in the right direction.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I have a Skyrim question for you all.

So I can't sneak anymore. As in my game crashed so I load up my game again and when I press the sneak button, nothing happens. I tried restarting steam, reloading my game, reloading an earlier save. I even did the verify the game cache and nothing. I play a stealthy rouge like character so this is important. Can anyone lead me in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

It's Gamersgate. They sabotaged it on you.

Seriously though, maybe a mod or mod conflic is causing this?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I have a Skyrim question for you all.

So I can't sneak anymore. As in my game crashed so I load up my game again and when I press the sneak button, nothing happens. I tried restarting steam, reloading my game, reloading an earlier save. I even did the verify the game cache and nothing. I play a stealthy rouge like character so this is important. Can anyone lead me in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

Did you check the key bindings? Does the button, I assume Ctrl, work in other programs?

RB0P9-T86YL-IBVMN

Titan Quest
9Z475-IZJQJ-TE0RG

L88GE-BWBEI-TF2T8

Crayon Physics Deluxe
WJWE3-9WM9Z-2HWCM

Machinarium
822IK-VQIMY-BRFFR

Cogs
7NPYA-8DXLG-QPTCX

Zen Bound 2
8WPW8-ETRHZ-7AP4B
[/QUOTE]

got the Darksiders DLC, thanks sir.

[quote name='Motoki']It's Gamersgate. They sabotaged it on you.

Seriously though, maybe a mod or mod conflic is causing this?[/QUOTE]
Actually I only have one mod installed and in like the 50+ hours of Skyrim I played with the mod (it's a crafting mod), I never had any problems.

One more Sims 3 question for you all, what's the best stuff pack to get? I likely won't get one regardless because I install a lot of custom content, but I'm curious.

I am now just getting around to activating my copy of Darksiders II and the DLC that I got from that pack on Amazon the other day, and I know there is at least one DLC that I'll have a double copy of... so should I activate the season pass first? Or the invidiual DLC pieces I have keys for first? (I've already activated the base game)

Never mind. I figured it out. I'm tired, lol.

[quote name='zillionandnine']I am now just getting around to activating my copy of Darksiders II and the DLC that I got from that pack on Amazon the other day, and I know there is at least one DLC that I'll have a double copy of... so should I activate the season pass first? Or the invidiual DLC pieces I have keys for first? (I've already activated the base game)[/QUOTE]

Activate the Season Pass. The extra item you received was Abyssal Forge

[quote name='Tsel']One more Sims 3 question for you all, what's the best stuff pack to get? I likely won't get one regardless because I install a lot of custom content, but I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

I think they're all pretty useless
but I bought them all :lol:

I don't know, maybe someone else better versed in that sort of thing can answer.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Activate the Season Pass. The extra item you received was Abyssal Forge[/QUOTE]

Thanks, got it.

And now I have an extra Abyssal Forge that I don't need. Have at it, CAGS!
Q5XKJ
X082Y
LEWY6

[quote name='zillionandnine']Thanks, got it.

And now I have an extra Abyssal Forge that I don't need. Have at it, CAGS!
Q5XKJ
X082Y
LEWY6
[/QUOTE]
Thank you, snagged it.

Oh hey, I found a file with some (mostly indie bundle/gala) keys. And this one that I won once. I don't need it, since I've bought the complete SR3 pack anyway. Dun think anyone will want it but oh well :p

Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack

6PK26
HH7C2
XRLM2

Hope someone will have any use for it :)

Damn guys, I have to work late after screwing around in this thread all day yesterday, and you guys are giving away all the goodies!

Stupid job... If I didn't need you to pay for video games, I'd quit... Well, I guess there's food and rent, too.

[quote name='Therapy']Oh hey, I found a file with some (mostly indie bundle/gala) keys. And this one that I won once. I don't need it, since I've bought the complete SR3 pack anyway. Dun think anyone will want it but oh well :p

Saints Row: The Third - Special Ops Vehicle Pack

6PK26
HH7C2
XRLM2

Hope someone will have any use for it :)[/QUOTE]
Lurked Thx though

You know it's sad when I have so much shit I don't even bother reading which games people are giving away because I'm 99% sure I already have it.

[quote name='Tsel']One more Sims 3 question for you all, what's the best stuff pack to get? I likely won't get one regardless because I install a lot of custom content, but I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

Outdoor Living or High End Loft. Town Life isn't bad either. Diesel is probably the worst. Katy Perry can cause eye bleeding, but at least there is a decent amount of content in it. Local Half Price Books shop had all of 'em for $5 each this summer and I had gift cards, so I couldn't resist. To be completely honest, they all are very underwhelming (biggest one was around 300 mb, I think). Plenty of freebies out there to be had.

[quote name='Motoki']You know it's sad when I have so much shit I don't even bother reading which games people are giving away because I'm 99% sure I already have it.[/QUOTE]

This + this:

au7tR.png

(Ignoring only games I already own)

[quote name='The End']Sims stuff packs just might be the biggest rip-off in all of video games.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. The only time I buy them is when they are deeply discounted. I wouldn't even dream of paying full price for one.

[quote name='MKScorpion']I just alt-tabbed out of Max Payne to take a break. How did I live life before playing this game? Mah gudness! :drool:[/QUOTE]

Second one is better. Only ever play it on Hard Boiled, though. I'm serious about that.

[quote name='The End']Sims stuff packs just might be the biggest rip-off in all of video games.[/QUOTE]

The Sims Store stuff is worse. You could pay a couple of dollars for a single shirt or hairdo.

That game has EA only microtransactions out the yin yang. The only reason it's still on Steam is because it's grandfathered in from before Valve changed their TOS.

[quote name='Motoki']The Sims Store stuff is worse. You could pay a couple of dollars for a single shirt or hairdo.

That game has EA only microtransactions out the yin yang. The only reason it's still on Steam is because it's grandfathered in from before Valve changed their TOS.[/QUOTE]

Well I stand corrected. I forgot all about the Sims store.

[quote name='Motoki']The Sims Store stuff is worse. You could pay a couple of dollars for a single shirt or hairdo.

That game has EA only microtransactions out the yin yang. The only reason it's still on Steam is because it's grandfathered in from before Valve changed their TOS.[/QUOTE]

Hey, virtual shirts in The Sims, on Xbox Live, and in Playstation Home are big business. There are those who pay more for virtual clothing than some people in this thread have averaged for games in the past week that were $50-$60 at launch.

The funny thing about that is that you can download most of the store items from users. For example, a bunch of the store clothes had necklaces on them (for some reason Maxis said "OH I KNOW, PUT NECKLACES ON EVERY OUTFIT"), so a custom content artist removed all the necklaces and uploaded them for anyone to download, and you don't need the original store outfits to make the content work.

Same deal with hair. A lot of people will retexture the store hair (because base game hair textures are typically quite awful) and you can download them without buying the store version of the hair.

Legal? Maybe not, but EA knows how full the Sims custom content community is. That's the reason the series has lasted so long.

[quote name='louiedog']Hey, virtual shirts in The Sims, on Xbox Live, and in Playstation Home are big business. There are those who pay more for virtual clothing than some people in this thread have averaged for games in the past week that were $50-$60 at launch.[/QUOTE]
True, the silly thing about that is that you can download Sims "virtual shirts" for free elsewhere, and of much higher quality. Unfortunately the Sims Store preys on people who are too computer illiterate or lazy to look around.

[quote name='Idiotekque']The funny thing about that is that you can download most of the store items from users. For example, a bunch of the store clothes had necklaces on them (for some reason Maxis said "OH I KNOW, PUT NECKLACES ON EVERY OUTFIT"), so a custom content artist removed all the necklaces and uploaded them for anyone to download, and you don't need the original store outfits to make the content work.

Same deal with hair. A lot of people will retexture the store hair (because base game hair textures are typically quite awful) and you can download them without buying the store version of the hair.

Legal? Maybe not, but EA knows how full the Sims custom content community is. That's the reason the series has lasted so long.[/QUOTE]

If you do a little bit of googling, you can find sites where you can download EVERYTHING on the Sims 3 store.

Add in the fact that you have to buy SimPoints to buy them also...yeah the Store is far worse. The new worlds they throw up there (Lucky Palms, Sunlit Tides) end up being about $40 for the gold versions. That stuff sells though. I'm actually somewhat pleased they didn't throw a SimPoint sale up for the holidays...I wouldn't have been able to resist...stupid addictive sims.

[quote name='MrPiggles']If you do a little bit of googling, you can find sites where you can download EVERYTHING on the Sims 3 store.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. xP

-was trying to be relatively discreet about it-

[quote name='Therapy']w000 bought DNF for $2 from a friendly CAG. Now I can see for myself how shitty it is, without losing too much money on it xD[/QUOTE]

Maybe you'll like it...
who am I kidding lol.

Is Darkness II worth keeping for a playthrough?

Damn, super disappointed by this sale. My No. 1 target was X-Com. Was hoping to snag it for a better price than Steam is slinging.

Is it cheaper anywhere else at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back