The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunasun']nuuvem.br had Borderlands 2 on sale for 1.99 USD this morning.[/QUOTE]
...... I go to work so I can buy games. However, because im working I miss out on things like this :whistle2:(

[quote name='kidrocklive']Crap, I take it nobody has a spare one lol. That's INSANE![/QUOTE]

[quote name='bob_793']...... I go to work so I can buy games. However, because im working I miss out on things like this :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Guys...I'm fairly sure he's joking. Their prices are always in Brazilian Reals. So that means the listed price would've been $4,07. ;P

[quote name='Blade']Guys...I'm fairly sure he's joking. Their prices are always in Brazilian Reals. So that means the listed price would've been $4,07. ;P[/QUOTE]

Well I read something about a glitch with BL2 but I never found find a specific mention of it anywhere. So when I saw the $3.50 comment I figured that was it and started to spaz lol.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Well I read something about a glitch with BL2 but I never found find a specific mention of it anywhere. So when I saw the $3.50 comment I figured that was it and started to spaz lol.[/QUOTE]

The $3.50 was actually in reference to one of the B2 DLC. Another poster said that they had bought at that price, and now finds that the DLC is incompatible with their version of the main game due to regional restrictions. So as he said, he wasted that $3.50.

To which, RollingSkull made his retort.

[quote name='pROvIs']To be fair activision a is a publisher and developer. Most of the products they publish are from studios they wholly own, including the studios that made the transformers games and cod games.

Also, isn't just me or does Chivalry Medieval Warfare look like a bunch of guys larping.[/QUOTE]

Chivalry surprised me at how gruesome the combat can be. Dismembering someone, or beheading someone is common, and damn that gurgling noise is unsettling to me. If larping had that, I might attend one lol

Gotta say that me owning most of what I would buy that is on sale is prompting me to finally play and beat some of my purchases. Finished The Walking Dead just now, and spec ops a couple days before. Did not stop me from picking up the first Assassin's Creed for 5 bucks though, given that I traded my PS3 copy in to Gamestop a couple weeks ago when they had that crazy promo for it.

[quote name='Motoki']Endless Space sucked Donkey Balls at teaching me the game the way I learn, by doing things. It just throws up a few screenshots with difficult to read (literally, on my monitor at least) TL;DRy text and leaves you to your own devices.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Endless Space tutorials sucked donkey balls. I couldn't figure out how to move my ship after the initial turn for the longest time. And I chose a tech tree based on the tutorial, and it was mostly tech for something else. Then I couldn't figure out what most of the techs did, such as what weapon does what. It's not beginner friendly at all.

You can try Alpha Centuari, which is basically Civiliation in space. I remember getting into it pretty easily.

I think I started 4X on Ascendancy, but it's old too. It's also on iProducts, remade. No idea how it plays there. But the tech trees are manageable, with one tree you traverse down, and it doesn't branch to dozens of techs. Only thing overwhelming in that gave is the number of races you can start with, each with their own special ability.

[quote name='voken']That Sonic pack looks slimmer that I remember at the same price. What are you doing Sega![/QUOTE]
At the very least, the Genesis games, Sonic Adventure DX, and Sonic CD are all absent from this version of the Franchise bundle. With the bundle being the same price as before, this is definitely not a good value. Shoite, SEGA.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Well I read something about a glitch with BL2 but I never found find a specific mention of it anywhere. So when I saw the $3.50 comment I figured that was it and started to spaz lol.[/QUOTE]

The $1.99 glitch was something different, and wasn't really a glitch. Nvidia had a graphics card bundle going that came with a BL2 code; several weeks after the game was released, Newegg decided to remove all the serial key cards from the bundles and sell them for $1.99 individually. That was nuts, and of course everyone hoarded those the moment it happened. Sadly, lots of us missed it.

[quote name='The End']The $3.50 was actually in reference to one of the B2 DLC. Another poster said that they had bought at that price, and now finds that the DLC is incompatible with their version of the main game due to regional restrictions. So as he said, he wasted that $3.50.

To which, RollingSkull made his retort.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok thanks. I wasn't sure if gamersgate made another mistake or what lol.

Well, my dear Geralt of Rivia, both of your digital ploughing adventures are now in my Steam library... please, do enjoy your stay.

EDIT: Whoa, they changed the discount from -75% to -60% for a moment, and I noticed just before the last step of my checkout... do you wanna scare me to death, Gabe??? :cold:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pantsattack']Tiny and Big's is $1.75 after coupon at GMG. I'm going to get it once I'm back at a computer.[/QUOTE]

That's a great price for Tiny and Big. I'd definitely bite if I didn't already own it from GOG.

Nothing for me. I'll skip The Witcher 2 since I don't have any time to play it anyways and I'm sure it will get even cheaper in a year or so. Just like the 1st one.

I shnabbed the Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition for $13.50.

Always wanted to play this. Supposed to be Awesomeness++

Also grabeed Witcher 1 & 2 (Sweet Deal! $10 for both!)

and the Portal Collection (Again, $7 for both! How can one go wrong?)

[quote name='Blade']Guys...I'm fairly sure he's joking. Their prices are always in Brazilian Reals. So that means the listed price would've been $4,07. ;P[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm kind of a dick sometimes....

Morrowind... yes or no? Ain't finished Oblivion... but is one of those games that doesn't get discount too often... Oblivion is fun, but is a bit bland...

Will pass Witcher 2, since still ain't finished the first

[quote name='elessar123']I agree. Endless Space tutorials sucked donkey balls. I couldn't figure out how to move my ship after the initial turn for the longest time. And I chose a tech tree based on the tutorial, and it was mostly tech for something else. Then I couldn't figure out what most of the techs did, such as what weapon does what. It's not beginner friendly at all.

You can try Alpha Centuari, which is basically Civiliation in space. I remember getting into it pretty easily.

I think I started 4X on Ascendancy, but it's old too. It's also on iProducts, remade. No idea how it plays there. But the tech trees are manageable, with one tree you traverse down, and it doesn't branch to dozens of techs. Only thing overwhelming in that gave is the number of races you can start with, each with their own special ability.[/QUOTE]

my God is there a full blown 4x game for android os????

on the other hand I feel like endless space was still very easy to figure out in a reasonable amount of time. the game is just too bland and is based on selling 4x to a newer generation, I didn't get sucked in the game at all, and that in itself is a huge part of 4x.

[quote name='juanjava']Morrowind... yes or no? Ain't finished Oblivion... but is one of those games that doesn't get discount too often... Oblivion is fun, but is a bit bland...

Will pass Witcher 2, since still ain't finished the first[/QUOTE]

Morrowind is supposed to be better than Oblivion. Which is probably why they keep modding it into each newly released game in the franchise. I give you Morroblivion and Skywind.

I truthfully didn't expect the GTA franchise to drop that low. I'm literally just under a dollar short to buy it, and I still have a few more small things to buy. Don't wanna add to my CC . . . guess I might go grab another Steam wallet card at BB. Still waiting on that 75% off of The Oddboxx.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I truthfully didn't expect the GTA franchise to drop that low. I'm literally just under a dollar short to buy it, and I still have a few more small things to buy. Don't wanna add to my CC . . . guess I might go grab another Steam wallet card at BB.[/QUOTE]

It's cheaper in the UK. So you might wanna find a Britt-CAG to help you out.

Of course, you'd probably need Paypal for the transaction.

[quote name='Meowser']I shnabbed the Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition for $13.50.
[/QUOTE]

that sounds expensive. As I see Gal Civ bundle (with 1 and 2, both Ultimate editions) for $6.24.

but yes, they are classic 4x games.

[quote name='Meowser']I shnabbed the Galactic Civilizations Ultimate Edition for $13.50.

Always wanted to play this. Supposed to be Awesomeness++
[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this $6.49 just a couple days ago?

Beaten to it.

[quote name='Jon7']I think they're mixing the two up. This is the cheapest the PC version of War for Cybertron has been on Steam, it's been $7.50 in previous sales.[/QUOTE]

It was $5 in the summer sale iirc, or at least in the last 6 months. It's something I passed on but have getting thinking of picking up. There are three price trackers in my sig.

[quote name='p5ych0']Chivalry surprised me at how gruesome the combat can be. Dismembering someone, or beheading someone is common, and damn that gurgling noise is unsettling to me. If larping had that, I might attend one lol[/QUOTE]

That sucking chest wound is nature's way of telling you to slow down.

[quote name='juanjava']Morrowind... yes or no? Ain't finished Oblivion... but is one of those games that doesn't get discount too often... Oblivion is fun, but is a bit bland...

Will pass Witcher 2, since still ain't finished the first[/QUOTE]

Morrowind is considerably better regarded than Oblivion. There is an great looking graphics overhaul mod for Morrowind. I haven't started either.

Witcher 2 is supposedly easier to get into than the first. That's a good thing, in a short attempt Witcher 1 didn't grab me like I was expecting.

[quote name='Pikagreg']GTA Complete
it shows http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18833/ for me. Maybe the SKU is different depending on region?[/QUOTE]

Possibly the old GTA Complete pack, before GTA:VC was yanked (and recently returned).

[quote name='elessar123']Wasn't this $6.49 just a couple days ago?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and that's what it is now. If he bought it at $13.50, he must have pulled the trigger on the purchase while the price was still fluctuating as the deal went live. :(

[quote name='The End']Of course, you'd probably need Paypal for the transaction.[/QUOTE]

Haven't used my Paypal account since they suspended it for no reason. Then they said it was useable but to a "limited" extent. Then they said it was back to full use. I still can't add money tho so it is useless. Tried contacting support many times and never got any help. That is out of the question.

I might end up just skipping it altogether tho. I have bought enough stuff already and I won't be playing these anytime soon.
EDIT: Yeah I'll just pass for now.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']WHOA! A good steam deal? No way...do my eyes deceive me?[/QUOTE]

ha ha yeah, glad I didn't buy the GTA complete pack the other day for $24.99!!

Re: The GTA games, what does "partial controller support" mean? Does the game "play" well with the controller and you just need kbm for menus or is there something more to it?

[quote name='Severose']Morrowind is supposed to be better than Oblivion. Which is probably why they keep modding it into each newly released game in the franchise. I give you Morroblivion and Skywind.[/QUOTE]

WOW!!! I knew about morroblivion, but not Skywind!! Thanks!! Bought!

[quote name='asheskitty']
Morrowind is considerably better regarded than Oblivion. There is an great looking graphics overhaul mod for Morrowind. I haven't started either.

Witcher 2 is supposedly easier to get into than the first. That's a good thing, in a short attempt Witcher 1 didn't grab me like I was expecting.
[/QUOTE]

Some say MW is better than Skyrim too. I don't know, I only played the FIRST TES (yes, Arena), then a bit of Daggerfall... and directly jump to Oblivion. It seems I just jump over the best of the series... :)

I really liked Witcher 1... is just that from time to time I use to jump between games... and maybe I got hooked on one and forgot to return to it

About GTA... I don't know why, but I don't like GTA IV. I love Vice City and San Andreas... I don't care about the graphics... but GTA IV... is a bit boring.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']yeah thats what i bought earlier. I didn't know it was hidden haha. It showed up for me. That's why I was so excited earlier. Excellent deal![/QUOTE]

For the gta complete did it come in individual keys? Or a bundle activation? Thanks! I was asking coz i already have san andreas and dont want to spend $3 more

[quote name='juanjava']
About GTA... I don't know why, but I don't like GTA IV. I love Vice City and San Andreas... I don't care about the graphics... but GTA IV... is a bit boring.[/QUOTE]

This. I couldn't get into Niko's accent and the gritty city. I love open world games like Just Cause 2 and SR3 but I couldn't get past the first few missions in this. Maybe I'll go directly into the expansions and see if it gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back