The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
...Witcher 2 has been less than $7.50?
GTA4 Complete has been less than $7.50?

I mean I'm not getting the latter out of the fact that I refuse to buy a game with that much DRM on it (I forget, is it 4 or 5 layers for GTA4?) but for once in this sale they've got good prices and haven't been beaten somewhere else, unless I missed something.

[quote name='Heavenlywind']So which lovely community choice should I vote for.. I kind of want to vote for Farming simulator 2013..[/QUOTE]

Vote for the train game. There's a chance some of that DLC might get glitched again and I could pick up some $40 DLC for $1.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']snip

When you have a free code you feel like giving out ask people to PM you and give it there.

Too many lurkers taking codes and not giving thanks

Plus I wanted to make a rainbow message[/QUOTE]

I tried this method with a list of games I had but only received one pm from someone who asked for a key and then never responded with a thanks or anything. I have seen the same game keys posted in thread snatched up by people and I have also seen people saying they purchased games from Steam that were on the list of games I posted here for free.

Maybe I smell or something.

[quote name='Palinn']I tried this method with a list of games I had but only received one pm from someone who asked for a key and then never responded with a thanks or anything. I have seen the same game keys posted in thread snatched up by people and I have also seen people saying they purchased games from Steam that were on the list of games I posted here for free.

Maybe I smell or something.[/QUOTE]

Aw, I feel like giving you a hug :p At least with pms, you know who the ungrateful ingrate is :p

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh look, people care more about helping lurkers then they do being a part of the community, how quaint.[/QUOTE]

Oh look, people doing what they want with THEIR keys. Seriously, I have better things to do than sift thru PMs and give keys to people. How about be part of the community and ease up on the sour grapes just cause your ninja skills are weak.

[quote name='travathian']Oh look, people doing what they want with THEIR keys. Seriously, I have better things to do than sift thru PMs and give keys to people. How about be part of the community and ease up on the sour grapes just cause your ninja skills are weak.[/QUOTE]

All you do is complain. Nobody asked you, you're not the one giving away keys.

Just as unpleasant as always, I see.

So many space games maybe someone can help. I want a space sim where you can control you're own ship but also have AI-controller ships. Also that there is decent combat and it isn't majorly complicated that it requires many hours just to complete the first mission.

[quote name='Severose']All you do is complain. Nobody asked you, you're not the one giving away keys.

Just as unpleasant as always, I see.[/QUOTE]

:argue:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

[quote name='travathian']Oh look, people doing what they want with THEIR keys. Seriously, I have better things to do than sift thru PMs and give keys to people. How about be part of the community and ease up on the sour grapes just cause your ninja skills are weak.[/QUOTE]
I actually never redeem a code unless it's given to me, thanks for asking.

Also you're sifting through PM's? WTF?

Legend of Grimrock Steam Key x 1

Hidden somewhere below

Nope
Nope
Nope
Steam Sale is Awful
Nope
Below This One
FXWHK-4VGK8-F55MJ
Why are you still looking if the code is above?
Sad
Bonus Below Binding of Issac, all I wanted from Humble Bundle was DD
9R44Y-RT75F-05XW7

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh look, people care more about helping lurkers then they do being a part of the community, how quaint.[/QUOTE]
I think you're being a bit dramatic.

I wish I could add my "dramatic cags" tag back from the V5 thread. It's one of the few consistencies here. ;)

[quote name='kaydigi']Legend of Grimrock Steam Key x 1

Hidden somewhere below

Nope
Nope
Nope
Steam Sale is Awful
Nope
Below This One
FXWHK-4VGK8-F55MJ
Sad
9R44Y-RT75F-05XW7
[/QUOTE]

Whoo, awesome was looking to get this, thanks you so much :D

Edit: I took the Grimrock code btw not the bonus code.

[quote name='kaydigi']Legend of Grimrock Steam Key x 1

Hidden somewhere below

Nope
Nope
Nope
Steam Sale is Awful
Nope
Below This One
FXWHK-4VGK8-F55MJ
Sad
9R44Y-RT75F-05XW7
[/QUOTE]

Haha, that was fun! Thanks for Binding of Isaac.

So anyone think ARMA II: Combined Ops will be a daily deal, or has it been one already? Want to get it for Day Z. I know it's 40% off right now, but I don't want to buy it only to see the price go lower. Haven't really paid any attention to the Steam sale at all, because I have tons of games I need to play on Steam (from Humble Bundles and Steam sales), and I really haven't touched my PC much at all lately.

[quote name='Tygamr']So anyone think ARMA II: Combined Ops will be a daily deal, or has it been one already? Want to get it for Day Z. I know it's 40% off right now, but I don't want to buy it only to see the price go lower. Haven't really paid any attention to the Steam sale at all, because I have tons of games I need to play on Steam (from Humble Bundles and Steam sales), and I really haven't touched my PC much at all lately.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it was either a daily or flash deal.

[quote name='Tygamr']So anyone think ARMA II: Combined Ops will be a daily deal, or has it been one already? Want to get it for Day Z. I know it's 40% off right now, but I don't want to buy it only to see the price go lower. Haven't really paid any attention to the Steam sale at all, because I have tons of games I need to play on Steam (from Humble Bundles and Steam sales), and I really haven't touched my PC much at all lately.[/QUOTE]

It was a daily deal 2 or 3 days ago.

It was a Daily and a Flash deal so far for $14.99 50% off

I can't get enough of the games Wadjet Eye Games publishes. I wish they would just bundle their titles up and give a nice discount on them together at once. Going to grab Resonance from the flash but I wonder if it will show up on a bundle soon.

[quote name='Blade']The X Superbox is $4.91 in Russia. :([/QUOTE]
:hot: Any Russian CAGs out there willing to help?
[quote name='MrMuffinzzz']Resonance for 2.49, I'm in! :D

Now if only we could get Primordia on sale, I'd be extremely happy.[/QUOTE]

I want Resonance, but it screams bundle.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Whoa, STEAM overlay is back to pre-sale mode; I'm sure it's a glitch but I was a bit shocked.[/QUOTE]

not gonna lie
I freaked out a little bit

[quote name='Tsel']:hot: Any Russian CAGs out there willing to help?

I want Resonance, but it screams bundle.[/QUOTE]

Resonance is pretty much guaranteed to be in an Indie Royale.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']ATTENTION!

Look what I can do!
No I kid, I have useful advice

When you have a free code you feel like giving out ask people to PM you and give it there.

Too many lurkers taking codes and not giving thanks

Plus I wanted to make a rainbow message[/QUOTE]

I try to do that, but if I don't get a message on the game within ten or fifteen minutes, I got other shit to do and it's going in the thread.

anybody play wargame european escalation?
how is it?
i thought about getting it the other two times it was on sale but now I have $55 of steam wallet

[quote name='Teeheehee']Aw, I feel like giving you a hug :p At least with pms, you know who the ungrateful ingrate is :p[/QUOTE]

Ha! That is true. So do you want any of these games? The keys come odor free.

Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Dark Fall: Lost Souls ------>Gone
King's Bounty: The Legend ------>Gone
Majesty 2 ------>Gone
Metro 2033
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP ------>Gone
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC ------>Gone

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Palinn']Ha! That is true. So do you want any of these games? The keys come odor free.

Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
King's Bounty: The Legend
Majesty 2
Metro 2033
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Supreme Commander
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC[/QUOTE]

A hug with a (virtual) glass of milk and some oreos to dunk, plus my friendship on Steam and eternal gratitude in my signature for Dark Fall... how about it? O:)

yay the skyrim stuff went on sale, now all i need is for the ys games to go on sale again and my collection will be complete(sort of). seriously, i could just play skyrim, civ v, and new vegas for the next 5 years and be totally fine with that.

[quote name='Severose']All you do is complain. Nobody asked you, you're not the one giving away keys.

Just as unpleasant as always, I see.[/QUOTE]

Talk out your ass much? Speaking of nobody asking you for your opinion, take your own advice.

[quote name='Junpei']A hug with a (virtual) glass of milk and some oreos to dunk, plus my friendship on Steam and eternal gratitude in my signature for Dark Fall... how about it? O:)[/QUOTE]

It's a trap! (NSFW versions here and here)

clockwork-orange-2.jpg

[quote name='Junpei']A hug with a (virtual) glass of milk and some oreos to dunk, plus my friendship on Steam and eternal gratitude in my signature for Dark Fall... how about it? O:)[/QUOTE]

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

[quote name='asheskitty']It's a trap! [/QUOTE]

Drats! I was so desperate to unload keys I didn't give it a second thought. So very devious.

[quote name='travathian']Talk out your ass much? Speaking of nobody asking you for your opinion, take your own advice.[/QUOTE]
Making that announcement I think I kinda asked everyone for their opinion......

So I have read the steam sale guide for newbies and have been reading a post or two in this thread and am patiently waiting for the end of the sale discounts. But in my wait I become anxious and would like to solicit some expert advice. I am looking to buy Walking Dead, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Skyrim(with DLC), and Mark of the Ninja; what percentage off retail should I wait for on these four game. Any helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks

[quote name='Mr. A']So I have read the steam sale guide for newbies and have been reading a post or two in this thread and am patiently waiting for the end of the sale discounts. But in my wait I become anxious and would like to solicit some expert advice. I am looking to buy Walking Dead, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Skyrim(with DLC), and Mark of the Ninja; what percentage off retail should I wait for on these four game. Any helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Scribblenauts already got a daily deal, 33%off. It was way better on amazon.com, that offered it for 75%off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back