The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr. A']So I have read the steam sale guide for newbies and have been reading a post or two in this thread and am patiently waiting for the end of the sale discounts. But in my wait I become anxious and would like to solicit some expert advice. I am looking to buy Walking Dead, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Skyrim(with DLC), and Mark of the Ninja; what percentage off retail should I wait for on these four game. Any helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Walking Dead has been on sale for 50% off countless times. Skyrim and the DLC is a daily right now, Scribbelnauts was already a daily deal for 33%, but Amazon had it for $7.60. I believe Mark of the Ninja was a flash sale. The best discounts for these have likely already happened, but they may be repeated, aside from the Scribblenauts for $7.50.

[quote name='Mr. A']So I have read the steam sale guide for newbies and have been reading a post or two in this thread and am patiently waiting for the end of the sale discounts. But in my wait I become anxious and would like to solicit some expert advice. I am looking to buy Walking Dead, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Skyrim(with DLC), and Mark of the Ninja; what percentage off retail should I wait for on these four game. Any helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]
As far as what percentage is good, that depends on how eager you are to play a game. Skyrim right now at 50% isn't a bad deal for all the game you get. So ultimately it comes down to, how tight is your money right now, and how much free time do you have to play a game? Like I said if your wanting skyrim and plan to really sit down and put time into it. $30 isn't a bad price for the base game. The same logic works for the other games as well.

GTA Franchise pack, COME TO ME.

& for those hatin' on GTA IV or have doubts about it, Story-wise, the game is my favorite. You basically live through a more progressive and elaborate version of a Russian Scarface life. American dream theme as usual, but the more you play it the more you'll get into it. It's definitely not as fun as San Andreas in terms of what your able to do or easter eggs, but it does a good job of incorporating the main story missions into the open-world so you end up exploring alot of it and finding fun shit to do.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']Regarding Chivalry, I'm only interested in it if it has theater mode and I can do 360 no-swings.[/QUOTE]

Not it doesn't. & JakeNome has Chivalry for $9 if your on the fence. It's one of the funnest MP games I've played on Steam, simple jump in and have fun-type of experience. Pretty much what I was looking for. & the voice acting is hilarious, the screaming running in is priceless. Also if you want to play, add me.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh look, people care more about helping lurkers then they do being a part of the community, how quaint.[/QUOTE]
I'm fairly confident my "being part of the community" isn't based upon how many things I give away or how I do it.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Oh look, people care more about helping lurkers then they do being a part of the community, how quaint.[/QUOTE]

Lurkers only

Skyrim

VRCM4-K7J4Q-8G0ZY

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Someone say fight?

boob-fight-jess-cece.gif
[/QUOTE]
Holiday Boob Fight

Oh look, my avatar is still my schnauzer wearing a Scribblenauts hat.

Cave Story+
Gone
First ? is the letter P, Second ? is the letter Z, Third ? is the number 4

[quote name='Syntax Error']I'm fairly confident my "being part of the community" isn't based upon how many things I give away or how I do it.[/QUOTE]
No, I'm sure your scintillating personality and 7 layer dip helps as well.

[quote name='Bitt3r']Oh look, my avatar is still my schnauzer wearing a Scribblenauts hat.

Cave Story+
DQ?MC-X?2HY-CVR?F
First ? is the letter P, Second ? is the letter Z, Third ? is the number 4
[/QUOTE]

Thanks got it :)

[quote name='Syntax Error']I'm fairly confident my "being part of the community" isn't based upon how many things I give away or how I do it.[/QUOTE]
You're part of the community because you're a turtle with a hat. That's how I see it.

Hey thanks everyone for the help, I'm kicking myself for missing scribblenauts on amazon. I will consider these thoughts carefully in future purchaseing

[quote name='Idiotekque']You're part of the community because you're a turtle with a hat. That's how I see it.[/QUOTE]
Some nights I dream I lost my turtle hat and wake up sad.

[quote name='MC Kage']GTA Franchise pack, COME TO ME.

& for those hatin' on GTA IV or have doubts about it, Story-wise, the game is my favorite. You basically live through a more progressive and elaborate version of a Russian Scarface life. [/QUOTE]

niko bellic is serbian, not russian.

[quote name='MC Kage']GTA Franchise pack, COME TO ME.

& for those hatin' on GTA IV
or have doubts about it, Story-wise, the game is my favorite. You basically live through a more progressive and elaborate version of a Russian Scarface life. American dream theme as usual, but the more you play it the more you'll get into it. It's definitely not as fun as San Andreas in terms of what your able to do or easter eggs, but it does a good job of incorporating the main story missions into the open-world so you end up exploring alot of it and finding fun shit to do
.[/QUOTE]

We're not (well I'm not) saying it's bad, just that it didn't resonate with us as well. GTA4 accomplishes what it sets out to do.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Some nights I dream I lost my turtle hat and wake up sad.[/QUOTE]

I dreamed of turtle soup and woke up full.

[quote name='tham1988']Anyone?
any opinions on wargame european escalation?[/QUOTE]

I think rockpapershotgun liked it.

Anyone want to tell me Resonance will be in a bundle so I don't buy it?

[quote name='Jugglenaut']I think rockpapershotgun liked it.

Anyone want to tell me Resonance will be in a bundle so I don't buy it?[/QUOTE]

It will be in a bundle.

...but I bought it anyway :whistle2:$

[quote name='tham1988']Anyone?
any opinions on wargame european escalation?[/QUOTE]
From what I've played I find it fun. For $10 it's worth it in my eyes. Though the game is supposed to be at it's best in MP but I can't comment as I don't really intend to play MP with this game.

[quote name='Terlan']From what I've played I find it fun. For $10 it's worth it in my eyes. Though the game is supposed to be at it's best in MP but I can't comment as I don't really intend to play MP with this game.[/QUOTE]

thank you
i don't really intend to play multiplayer either
I think i will go ahead and grab it

[quote name='Mr. A']Hey thanks everyone for the help, I'm kicking myself for missing scribblenauts on amazon. I will consider these thoughts carefully in future purchaseing[/QUOTE]

You might be able to find a copy in the trading thread. Lots of trustworthy folk in there.

[quote name='Kablasia']does anyone know how the community of left 4 dead 2 is?[/QUOTE]

Second worst gaming community I ever encountered behind any of the MOBA genre games.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Second worst gaming community I ever encountered behind any of the MOBA genre games.[/QUOTE]

This. The L4D community is atrocious.

[quote name='Kablasia']does anyone know how the community of left 4 dead 2 is?[/QUOTE]

Plenty of people play it still. It's true that there are a lot of people who aren't very nice to new players, but there are still plenty of people who are friendly and will try to help you, particularly in coop.

I played the original L4D online once. It was my first multiplayer game pretty much ever. I wandered along and shot a few zombies and was killed a couple of times (and revived) then I was killed again.... some guy who had a microphone mumbled something (no idea what) and everyone else just left me behind.

I've never played the game again, it was a bad experience....

Hmm, I just realized that Steam hasn't run any "indie bundles" like they did in the summer sale. I guess that didn't work out for them. (Or the discounts were "too steep" for this Winter Sale.)

Get Payday instead, it's the "Left for Police" coop game. And the community is very cool.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Some nights I dream I lost my turtle hat and wake up sad.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='asheskitty']I dreamed of turtle soup and woke up full.[/QUOTE]

Oh, how I long for turtle soup.
It warms the soul, the spirit,
all the day through. So rare a treat,
a special occasion it must merit.

Oh, how much I love this turtle soup.
But now I've found myself most bereft,
Upon looking into my bowl,
to see there is none left.

Oh, how I miss my turtle soup.
So much I've enjoyed this delicatessen.
I have somehow missed,
to learn my lesson.

Oh, how I loved that turtle soup,
I cooked up a batch quickly, and in that forgot,
how it upsets my stomach,
and left me feeling quite sickly.

Oh, how I'd love to talk,
more of turtle soup,
but I have to leave you now,
for I have to poop.

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, I just realized that Steam hasn't run any "indie bundles" like they did in the summer sale. I guess that didn't work out for them. (Or the discounts were "too steep" for this Winter Sale.)[/QUOTE]

They probably weren't willing to compete at the same (potentially steep) discounts as Humble, Royale, Gala, etc. Best Valve did there were those 5 for $5 packs two years ago. Given their current lackluster discounts on everything else I doubt we'll see anything like that again.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Oh, how I long for turtle soup.
It warms the soul, the spirit,
all the day through. So rare a treat,
a special occasion it must merit.

Oh, how much I love this turtle soup.
But now I've found myself most bereft,
Upon looking into my bowl,
to see there is none left.

Oh, how I miss my turtle soup.
So much I've enjoyed this delicatessen.
I have somehow missed,
to learn my lesson.

Oh, how I loved that turtle soup,
I cooked up a batch quickly,
and in that forgot,
how it upsets my stomach,
and left me feeling quite sickly.

Oh, how I'd love to talk,
more of turtle soup,
but I have to leave you now,
for I have to poop.[/QUOTE]

:applause::bouncy::applause:

im trying to buy the gta4 pack but im not sure if i have gta 4 complete edition or vanilla. When i click on gta 4 complete edition it says i already own it and when i click gta 4 vanilla it says i own it too. Can someone tell me a way to figure out what copy i have? I tried looking in properties but couldnt find anything

[quote name='Terlan']From what I've played I find it fun. For $10 it's worth it in my eyes. Though the game is supposed to be at it's best in MP but I can't comment as I don't really intend to play MP with this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i tinkered with the single player for about an hour myself. Definitely scratches that rts itch if you got it. Seems like it would be an engaging multiplayer expererience, will try it sometime this week.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Indie Gala is my fav bundle now outside of Humble still. Royale imo sucks 90% of the time.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I think theres only be one bundle were I was interested in more than one game in it as far as Indie Royale goes.

Royale tends to have one good game out of the entire bunch, while Gala has a few good ones. Humble always seems to have a great set of games, in my opinion. I also generally like Groupees.

[quote name='Fluxy']im trying to buy the gta4 pack but im not sure if i have gta 4 complete edition or vanilla. When i click on gta 4 complete edition it says i already own it and when i click gta 4 vanilla it says i own it too. Can someone tell me a way to figure out what copy i have? I tried looking in properties but couldnt find anything[/QUOTE]
There's no hidden dlc it's the base game and liberty city stories. If you have both there's nothing more of IV to get.

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, I just realized that Steam hasn't run any "indie bundles" like they did in the summer sale. I guess that didn't work out for them. (Or the discounts were "too steep" for this Winter Sale.)[/QUOTE]

Well, they did slap all indie games they could think of into the Indie Super Mega Pack and called it a day apparently... to be honest, it IS a nice selection of games and quite the bargain indeed if you have been living under a rock and activated a new Steam account just yesterday...

Its price could even be justified if they gave you all games as single keys or let you keep the ones you already have as giftable items, but that has never been the case with all the other Steam bundles and this one unfortunately seems no different. It could be interesting to know if and how many copies they sold...

[quote name='KaOTiK']Indie Gala is my fav bundle now outside of Humble still. Royale imo sucks 90% of the time.[/QUOTE]
Indie Royale just annoys me, really. They get by by putting one interesting game in their bundles and slapping a $4+ price tag on them. They get so much praise and I have no idea why.

I always think Indie Gala sucks too, but then I realize I buy every single one of them and get like 8 games for $1.50 every time...

[quote name='kaydigi']So can San Andreas be played with a 360 controller flawlessly?[/QUOTE]

yeah, you have to select 'joystick' under controls, everything worked good, except i couldnt use the right analog stick to look around. it works better than the vice city option(i couldnt get the 360 controller to work on vice city). it works perfectly on gta 4 of course.

If there was ever a a group of people who needed to be told "Man, relax, it's just a game", it's the L4D community. Shooting zombies is FULL TIME SRS BUIZNESS

I've had good luck with L4D randoms but I think versus mode is terrible so I stay away from it.

That said, I rank Payday higher than L4D and both by miles higher than KF so most of my time has been with Payday. The only trouble you get in Payday is morons who drag the team down and even then their impact is limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back