The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plft']Doom Rails looks ridiculous but I'm bad about playing multiplayer games that I have to find people to play with (and multiplayer in general). And that DRM is bad even though I have Batman: AC waiting for me when I finish my new system with its similar DRM.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Good point.

74 cents! Cheapest Price Ever! 74 cents! Cheapest Price Ever!

I'm half tempted to stock up on some but last time I gifted some copies everyone just sat around and never played it.

Because us getting games and never playing them never happens.[/QUOTE]
My new year's resolution is to actually start playing some of these.
[quote name='Motoki']Still 74 cents for me.

Maybe they don't like Hawaiians.[/QUOTE]
BigSpoonyBard is glitching and giving them away free.:lol:
How can you not like Hawaiians, they smell like pineapple :bouncy:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'd feel sorry for the people who just got gifted Doom Rails, but I'm not.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for Doom Rails :roll:
secretly I'll like it while publicly denouncing it

Thank you for the copy of Doom Rails. Now I am forced to install it. I wont be able to play until Tuesday because I will be out today, but oh I will savor every moment of this. I wonder how this compares to Bad Rats.

[quote name='Detruire']Even for $0.74 it's a hard decision with a 5-machine DRM limit.[/QUOTE]
Oh, you won't even play it five times much less change installations that often :D

Im actually wondering if I should buy it or not. If a bunch of CAGs join up for at least 1 multiplayer match of it I guess I would try it, just to see how bad it is :lol:

I mean I'm the first person to bitch about DRM but come on now people it's 74 cents.

If someone runs out of activations I will personally harass the developer about it on your behalf.

[quote name='Motoki']I mean I'm the first person to bitch about DRM but come on now people it's 74 cents.

If someone runs out of activations I will personally harass the developer about it on your behalf.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to buy it and intentionally run out of activations just to see that happen..

[quote name='sunghost']I'm tempted to buy it and intentionally run out of activations just to see that happen..[/QUOTE]

Hey I bugged Groupees and Aldorlea to make sure we all got Desura keys for Millennium. At first they weren't going to give them out.

[quote name='sunghost']I'm tempted to buy it and intentionally run out of activations just to see that happen..[/QUOTE]

Same, tho even at that price I'm not going to bite.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Same, tho even at that price I'm not going to bite.[/QUOTE]
Damn cats wearing top hats, pretending they're too good for games and shit.

Well I guess I know what I'm installing now. I will add I'm not willingly installing it. The forces that be are forcing me to.

Only the dead know peace from this horror. Kill me.

[quote name='MrMuffinzzz']Hey guys, Payday worth dropping a fiver on? How is the community?[/QUOTE]

I would say that payday is defiantly worth 5 and the wolfpack dlc is worth it at the 75% off mark. I have never had trouble finding a game and the community is great. I would defiantly recommend picking it up.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Well, now I can go to bed with the satisfaction of knowing I made someone truly despondent[/QUOTE]

At least it is not as bad as Bad Rats, right? Right? RIGHT?
I'm glad I didn't buy that garbage either. Was tempted with all the bad reviews but I stayed the course. Of course then I end up with Doom Rails. I need to shut my mouth.

[quote name='Cloulien']I would say that payday is defiantly worth 5 and the wolfpack dlc is worth it at the 75% off mark. I have never had trouble finding a game and the community is great. I would defiantly recommend picking it up.[/QUOTE]

I played Payday on PS3 and enjoyed the Hell out of it. Play with a few friends and it is a blast. It gets my recommendation.

[quote name='Excelled']finally steam version of FC3![/QUOTE]
frachise pak is bettr tho cuz it comes with all teh games together if ur a colector

[quote name='Idiotekque']frachise pak is bettr tho cuz it comes with all teh games together if ur a colector[/QUOTE]

ya mayn. b smart nd git da pack. higher price iz better

[quote name='Idiotekque']the pak iz cooler. wurth 7 dollers[/QUOTE]
teh pak haz betr copez + u getz 2 say you baght teh pak nd it showz evry1 that u baght itz..... :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

[quote name='Syntax Error']Oh, you won't even play it five times much less change installations that often :D[/QUOTE]
That really depends on how touchy the DRM is. If it's that disgusting kind that triggers an activation after changing RAM or graphics card, then I'll probably run out of activations before I've played it three times.

[quote name='sunghost']5 activation limit? Some form of DRM called Themida? I'm passing.. even at 74 cents.. I just.. can't.[/QUOTE]

DRM... on that? :whistle2:s

I'll probably play it on *GASP* consoles, but does anyone need me to pick up Far Cry 3 for them? I'm an Amazon Prime student member, so I can pick it up for $27.49 if someone needs me to.

[quote name='kiwimonster']TO GOTY edition for Civ 5 or now omg 15 min![/QUOTE]

You mean as an upgrade over the regular edition? If so, wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the DLC?

[quote name='The End']You mean as an upgrade over the regular edition? If so, wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the DLC?[/QUOTE]

No, there's an upgrade option for 5 bucks. DLC by itself would total much more.

Oh you're right. I didn't see that there. The DLC included in the GOTY is just under $10. Obviously it would be better to buy the upgrade.

Whether it's actually worth it, I can't say. I still haven't played Civ 4, never mind Civ 5.

Problem 1: The Oddboxx still isn't 75% off

Problem 2: The Bit.Trip Collection 2012 is about $5 more expensive then buying the games and soundtracks individually(unless this updates)

Problem 3: Psychonauts does not need to be on sale for the 11 thousandth time. Those who want it have owned it for a long time.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Problem 1: The Oddboxx still isn't 75% off

Problem 2: The Bit.Trip Collection 2012 is about $5 more expensive then buying the games and soundtracks individually. Of course . . .

Problem 3: Psychonauts does not need to be on sale for the 11 thousandth time.[/QUOTE]

Problem 4: The Secret World hasn't been a daily/flash sale yet. It HAS to be a daily/flash sale now that Severose has bought it ;). Thank you Severose!

Just finished Indie Game The Movie, thought it was pretty damn relatable as someone trying to get into the music industry. They can definitely come off as pretentious/egotistical but damn they put their hearts into the shit (well the Braid dude was weird...). That dude who made Fez is just mad nice.

[quote name='mac995555']Turd flash deals.[/QUOTE]

That's Steam Winter sale 2012, for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back