The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hal']Borderlands 2 Golden Key Code: K353J-Z5JC5-KXJBB-TBTJB-95BWZ (gives 2)[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Were there three different codes tonight? I found two on this thread, but the IGN code site is only showing one...

[quote name='MysterD']I remember when HAWX 2 Deluxe; Driver: San Fran Deluxe; and Silent Hunter 5 were $1 on Uplay![/QUOTE]
Amen. :D

[quote name='Dalrint']Has The Secret World been a daily or flash sale yet?[/QUOTE]
Guaranteed it will be a daily tomorrow... right after all the bonuses won't be given.

I've mostly been picking a few things here and there lately. Been waiting for Black Ops 2 to go deeper off than 17% to get the digital deluxe edition. I'm guessing that at this rate it won't go deeper than that till the next sale. Either way, I have enough of a backlog lol

Well the $5 editor's choice credits are now live on Amazon. Hotline Miami is back up to $7.50 but $2.50 seems a good price for me. Also worth noting Dark Souls: Prepare to Die is sitting at $18 putting it at $13 after credit which is the cheapest I think I've seen it unless it hit $12.50 somewhere when I wasn't paying attention since I had already bit at $15.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I've mostly been picking a few things here and there lately. Been waiting for Black Ops 2 to go deeper off than 17% to get the digital deluxe edition. I'm guessing that at this rate it won't go deeper than that till the next sale. Either way, I have enough of a backlog lol[/QUOTE]
Same here, although I'm just looking for the normal edition though unless the DD magically hits $50ish.

Probably will be 20-25% off on one of the last dailies.

I've passed on plenty of other $2.50 indie titles, waiting for bundling, so I'ma gonna do the same with Hotline. Nothing else in the Amazon EC list jumping out at me, pricewise.

[quote name='dfg']I've passed on plenty of other $2.50 indie titles, waiting for bundling, so I'ma gonna do the same with Hotline. Nothing else in the Amazon EC list jumping out at me, pricewise.[/QUOTE]

That's sort of my thought with Hotline although, to date, all the Croteam/Devolver stuff has been in Royale bundles. And those typically can't be had for less than $5 unless you're Johnny on the spot and usually have less than appealing games after the first one or two.

[quote name='dfg']I've passed on plenty of other $2.50 indie titles, waiting for bundling, so I'ma gonna do the same with Hotline. Nothing else in the Amazon EC list jumping out at me, pricewise.[/QUOTE]

This, I just don't see the point of buying indie games anymore unless I REALLY want it.

Bioshock Dual Pack is free.

[quote name='chapnis']Bioshock Dual Pack is free.[/QUOTE]

Not anymore. All the bundles have been deactivated as of now.

^^^^
Can't blame Amazon. People game the system, report their scheme in the Amazon thread, Tony reads it, then pushes the "STOP" button.
But I'm guessing they either ran of out keys, or the bundles got pulled until 1/2 [when they were scheduled to go live].

Thanks everyone for the feedback and bug reports on the new extension! :)

I'm headed to bed now finally (wife is getting upset that I'm still up) but feel free to continue to PM me with bugs and / or suggestions!

I was waiting for Hotline Miami to hit $2.50 on Steam . . . which it didn't.

I could have taken part in this EC promo deal stuff to get this for $2.50 on Amazon . . . which I didn't.

Well I can wait longer.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I was waiting for Hotline Miami to hit $2.50 on Steam . . . which it didn't.

I could have taken part in this EC promo deal stuff to get this for $2.50 on Amazon . . . which I didn't.

Well I can wait longer.[/QUOTE]

Check ya messages.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I was waiting for Hotline Miami to hit $2.50 on Steam . . . which it didn't.

CAG needs a new emoticon; sad cat face

Oh well, I bet there's a friendly CAGer out there [with a PP account] that will hook you up. [ninja`ed!]

[quote name='chapnis']Check ya messages.[/QUOTE]
Not gonna work but thanks anyway :D
EDIT: I should add my PayPal is useless. PP locked it down for no good reason and support does not care at all with my plight. So that is a no go peeps.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']CAG needs a new emoticon; sad cat face [/QUOTE]

Christmas Grump needs to be an emoticon.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']
...Christmas Grump needs to be an emoticon.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wasn't being snarky or anything, just trying to be cute.

[quote name='chapnis']Anyone played Sonic Generations? Worth it for $5?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, it's easily one of the, if not the, best Sonic game in recent years.

Remedy Entertainment, the developer for Alan Wake Franchise is indeed a great company that cares about its consumers. They extended the 90% off coupon for Death Rally to Jan 31st 2013 because it cannot be used during this winter sale. Good job Remedy. :applause:

I bet it'll be part of a humble bundle.

[quote name='iSerra']Remedy Entertainment, the developer for Alan Wake Franchise is indeed a great company that cares about its consumers. They extended the 90% off coupon for Death Rally to Jan 31st 2013 because it cannot be used during this winter sale. Good job Remedy. :applause:[/QUOTE]
oooo... last time I checked, mine had disappeared from my inventory.

[quote name='The End']So, does anybody actually care what wins the vote?[/QUOTE]
I stopped caring after I got the "cast 15 votes" achievement lol. That and seeing things go up for vote that were all ready either a flash sale AND a daily deal. I also noticed at least twice that the % off was all ready how much is was discounted anyhow

Wow, spec ops: the line is one crazy messed up tale, bought it this afternoon and just finished it. Gameplay is mostly functional and competent, but the setting, atmosphere, and story are the highlights.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Same here, although I'm just looking for the normal edition though unless the DD magically hits $50ish.

Probably will be 20-25% off on one of the last dailies.[/QUOTE]
I mentioned about how odd it was that it was 17% off, being such a random number and someone on here said that if it does go deeper it'll be 33 or 34% off as 17% is half that. In a way, I'm thinking of just waiting till the next sale as I'm sure it'll go maybe a few more percent deeper than say a 33% discount to maybe 40%. But I have a backlog of at least 50-75 games spread over multiple platforms anyhow

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I mentioned about how odd it was that it was 17% off, being such a random number and someone on here said that if it does go deeper it'll be 33 or 34% off as 17% is half that. In a way, I'm thinking of just waiting till the next sale as I'm sure it'll go maybe a few more percent deeper than say a 33% discount to maybe 40%. But I have a backlog of at least 50-75 games spread over multiple platforms anyhow[/QUOTE]
Seriously doubt we will see 33%. Amazon had it for 20% off, and Amazon has beaten just about every Steam sale price this winter.

It will likely be 20% off if it hits a daily. That's why we're seeing a nonsense 17% off price right now, so that they can go to 20% off and it will still be a "sale".

RR:U was cheaper when it was on sale on GMG a few weeks ago. Didn't buy it back then because I hoped for an ever bigger price drop (like $7.5).

[quote name='Idiotekque']Amazon had it for 20% off, and Amazon has beaten just about every Steam sale price this winter..[/QUOTE]

It's always entertaining to see you promote Amazon in this thread, and get thrashed at by people in the Amazon thread.

[quote name='SeymourGams']It's always entertaining to see you promote Amazon in this thread, and get thrashed at by people in the Amazon thread.[/QUOTE]
Word.

Worse? They are still good deals. Better than MSRP, and better than their normal non sale prices.

Could they be better? Absolutely.

Enough people seem to not care enough about Borderlands 2 being on sale or not and are buying it for 44.99$ lol It's #20 in the top sellers list.

At least Ridge Racer is unique!

This sale isn't all it's cracked up to be to me mostly because I own all the games already. I'd have been pretty happy about some of these deals if I didn't already have a too massive Steam library. D:

[quote name='MrBonk']Worse? They are still good deals. Better than MSRP, and better than their normal non sale prices.[/QUOTE]
lol, newbie.

[quote name='lidl']RR:U was cheaper when it was on sale on GMG a few weeks ago. Didn't buy it back then because I hoped for an ever bigger price drop (like $7.5).[/QUOTE]
How much was it on GMG?

Lol Ridge Racer on PSP was the ish back when the PSP came out tho. I don't even check the Steam store page for the new deals any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back