The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
For the joy of badges.... but it does bug me the complete badge isn't more special... lame.

Thanks.. MSRP was $20 but frequently sold for $15... gotcha.

[quote name='Woodlands']A quick aside: Abyssal Forge was included in the DLC Season pass *and* shows up in my inventory. Amazon goofed and this is a duplicate of the same material, right?
.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can gift / sell the extra copy. A nice CAG gave me his extra.

Anyone have any opinions on Razor2: Hidden Skies? I'm putting together my final day list and it's sitting at 80% off for $2.00 but reviews aren't entirely kind to it. Anyone have an opinion on if it's worth two bucks or better to pass on it?

[quote name='Mighty Tor']Anyone have any opinions on Razor2: Hidden Skies? I'm putting together my final day list and it's sitting at 80% off for $2.00 but reviews aren't entirely kind to it. Anyone have an opinion on if it's worth two bucks or better to pass on it?[/QUOTE]
Only that it was in an IndieGala bundle at some point.

Fell victim of a shopping frenzy and finally bought a 4-pack Torchlight II, plus World of Goo, Droplitz and the Swords and Soldiers pack. Some of my friends are going to be happy tomorrow :)

Then I found time to finally get all achievements on Eversion... man, what a trip it has been! A really good platform, sent multiple chills down my spine, I'd like to hear something more from the developer...

Oh, and I love how screenshots uploaded on Steam can be marked as spoilers and appear as that in my screenshots page, but are comfortably shown unmasked in that little slideshow on my profile... :lol:

[quote name='Jon7']The Abyssal Forge and Demon Lord Belial are the problem ones.

Abyssal Forge crashed about 10 times for me by the time I beat it, but it's so bad in Demon Lord that I couldn't even get out of the first room.
Hopefully they patch a fix for it soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Woodlands']

Abyssal Forge ad Lord Demon Belial.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, both. When I get around to playing it. I'll remember to keep in mind that these two might give me problems.

[quote name='Mighty Tor']Anyone have any opinions on Razor2: Hidden Skies? I'm putting together my final day list and it's sitting at 80% off for $2.00 but reviews aren't entirely kind to it. Anyone have an opinion on if it's worth two bucks or better to pass on it?[/QUOTE]

It's terrible do not buy it, please.

Spent a few hours playing it a months ago, after gettign it fro man indie gala

Repetitive enemies and patterns, heck second boss looks the same as the first with more spam from it. pretty much boils down to emp(the bombish thing ) spamming as much as possible some times can last till you pick up another stack of 5.

crummy hitbox + instant death asteroids on one level didn't help..

one thing I did like is the 7th or so boss is basically a ring of parts rotating around you.

better options

sine mora
Only game picked up during this sale so far, its pretty system feels like it could have been a bit better done.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207040/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

gundemonium collection, loved the third games system
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11712/

eXceed Complete Pack, haven't palyed but have seen recommended before
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15960/?snr=1_5_9__403

maybe even SPAZ, though not a shump
http://store.steampowered.com/app/107200/

Man, the last thing I won on Steamgifts was almost 3 months ago - and I've been entering giveaways daily. In fact, I've probably only hit 300 points about 5 times in the last three months. Oh well, such is statistics!

Ugh. Four-day party. Tried keeping up with thread. Given up.

Managed to talk myself out of a lot of games that, even with interest and marked down to 75% off, would just end up in the backlog for a while. I'll wait for future package deals with more recent sequels and the like.

Now to start figuring out in what ways to apply my Amazon $5 coupons.

[quote name='DPsycho']Ugh. Four-day party. Tried keeping up with thread. Given up.

Managed to talk myself out of a lot of games that, even with interest and marked down to 75% off, would just end up in the backlog for a while. I'll wait for future package deals with more recent sequels and the like.

Now to start figuring out in what ways to apply my Amazon $5 coupons.[/QUOTE]

For anyone just now joining us, I'll point out that I've written a Chrome extension for Steam that makes it a little easier to use.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhanced-steam/okadibdjfemgnhjiembecghcbfknbfhg

/shameless plug

[quote name='oman19']wish the command and conquer ultimate collection activated on steam[/QUOTE]

Watch out saying that. Someone might feel compelled to rip you a new one over it. :roll:

Anyhow, I bought it from someone on the Gamersgate, ahem, 75% off 'sale' last week. I don't mind it on Origin so much for that price, but not for $25-$30 and certainly not for $50.

[quote name='Motoki']Watch out saying that. Someone might feel compelled to rip you a new one over it. :roll:

Anyhow, I bought it from someone on the Gamersgate, ahem, 75% off 'sale' last week. I don't mind it on Origin so much for that price, but not for $25-$30 and certainly not for $50.[/QUOTE]

*ducks head* lol thx for the heads up.

I had it in my cart during the gamersgate fiasco but wasn't able to check out. (didn't even know it was a glitch at the time)

Just used my $5 credit on amazon for it and got it for $24.99.

I've become more of a turn-based strategy guy but hoping this gets me back into RTS.

Now should I buy the AoE III on steam lol? been resisting for a few days now but it's getting hard.

I hated AOEIII personally. (this coming from someone who LOVES AOEII, MOO, Civ, GalCivs, etc)

Edit: I guess I should qualify this statement a little better. I think the card deck thing was cool. They just didn't do anything that I felt wasn't done better in AOEII. Now, having said that, when it came out, I was deployed in the Gulf and had no patch support so I had the release disk and that was about it. But it was enough to stop me at the time. Then I'm pretty sure the wife sent me CivIV collectors edition and AOEIII was permanently shelved.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']*cough* firefox? *cough*[/QUOTE]

He sent me the code last night and I put it into a greasemonkey script

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/155389

Just install greasemonkey and then add the script and you're good to go.

Again, thanks a lot Jshackles! It's awesome.

Edit: Updated to version 0.3

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']I hated AOEIII personally. (this coming from someone who LOVES AOEII, MOO, Civ, GalCivs, etc)[/QUOTE]

Sounds as if u and I have similar tastes then. Maybe I'll wait then to clear out my backlog a lil bit.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']He sent me the code last night and I put it into a greasemonkey script

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/155389

Just install greasemonkey and then add the script and you're good to go.

Again, thanks a lot Jshackles! It's awesome.[/QUOTE]

Thank you and thank you jshackles!

Is this the latest version? Just curious as 0.3 was the last version I read about and this one is showing 0.1 in the manager.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']It's probably not the newest one then. I got it pretty soon after he released it.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I'm not sure what version I had before, I'll have to check. I was just looking for a complete posted install like you provided as I wasn't sure if I had my script set up correctly since I had never used greasemonkey previously.

[quote name='evantrees']It's terrible do not buy it, please.

Spent a few hours playing it a months ago, after gettign it fro man indie gala

Repetitive enemies and patterns, heck second boss looks the same as the first with more spam from it. pretty much boils down to emp(the bombish thing ) spamming as much as possible some times can last till you pick up another stack of 5.

crummy hitbox + instant death asteroids on one level didn't help..

one thing I did like is the 7th or so boss is basically a ring of parts rotating around you.

better options

sine mora
Only game picked up during this sale so far, its pretty system feels like it could have been a bit better done.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207040/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

gundemonium collection, loved the third games system
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11712/

eXceed Complete Pack, haven't palyed but have seen recommended before
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15960/?snr=1_5_9__403

maybe even SPAZ, though not a shump
http://store.steampowered.com/app/107200/[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks for the feedback. Sine Mora I'm eternally on the fence with, presentation is amazing, but randomized power-ups really hurt. That may still be a last day pickup because it's still cheaper than I'd ever end up getting it on the 360 but I may also hold off until a summer sale on it. The Exceed collection will almost certainly be picked up last day. Might bite on the third gundemonium game as the first two being horizontal shooters with oversized sprites is a harder sell for me.

Now to invest in that wall mount for my tv that will let me rotate it for my various vertical shooters on steam and 360. One downside of everything going widescreen, vertically oriented games get obscene borders on them.

Here is a copy of the newest code for Firefox users with Greasemonkey:

http://pastebin.com/c6p3vDxF

This is version 0.3

Anyone good with code might notice I'm trying to update the "total cost of all games" in a pack with the actual cost of the games you do not own, which should make it easier to determine if buying a pack is worth it or not, and if so how much you'll save.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Is Torchlight 2 any good?[/QUOTE]

It's the best of the recent Diablo clones. As a pseudo-indie the graphics aren't the best, it doesn't have full voice acting, and there isn't much in the way of a story but for a loot driven ARPG it does the job and shakes off a lot of the cons of D3 such as required connection to Battle.net, no LAN play, no moddability, etc.

[quote name='asheskitty']
Runway_6.jpg
Runway_6a.jpg
Runway_6b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Tastefully bad. I like it.

I need to get back to Mission Runwaying again soon.

I'm still bummed I couldn't get the ENB series to work with it, but then again that would actually make it look decent probably lose the appeal.

[quote name='Tsel']This is really off-topic, but is this a good monitor? My PS3 3D Display crapped out after only a month. I want no less than 24 inches and it needs HDMI, integrated speakers, and preferably to be less than $200. Suggestions are welcome. There isn't really a good section of the site to ask this and I figure you guys would know better than anyone else.

http://www.amazon.com/VE248H-24-Inc...8&qid=1357097099&sr=8-4&keywords=asus+24+inch[/QUOTE]

Well I mentioned this to you before, but my monitor is Asus. Had it for a couple of years now. I like Asus and find they make good monitors.

I don't have that exact model but the Amazon reviews are good and the Newegg ones too. Seems like a decent deal to me.

Newegg has it for the same price after you enter a $10 off promo code in.

Be sure to send the rebate in too.

I would buy Mission Runway if there was some way to show I didn't own it. There are some games where I just would not want to show that I own :lol:. This is of course one of them.

[quote name='Tsel']This is really off-topic, but is this a good monitor? My PS3 3D Display crapped out after only a month. I want no less than 24 inches and it needs HDMI, integrated speakers, and preferably to be less than $200. Suggestions are welcome. There isn't really a good section of the site to ask this and I figure you guys would know better than anyone else.

http://www.amazon.com/VE248H-24-Inc...8&qid=1357097099&sr=8-4&keywords=asus+24+inch[/QUOTE]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236102

Save yourself $10, but I actually found this before I realized you had posted a link in your original message. :) Glad to see it's the exact same monitor. Asus or Samsung. That is all.

I'll probably go with Amazon since I have gift cards there. Shipping doesn't matter because I have both Shoprunner and Prime. Are there any better deals for under $200 though?

Wow, Steam actually got some of my money today. A whole $1.48. You go Steam, you go.

Napolean: Total War - Heroes of the Napoleanic Wars DLC
Napolean: Total War - Imperial eagle Pack DLC
and the free Skyrim HD Texture Pack if that counts.

New Flash Deals:

Day of Defeat: Source $2.49 (75% off)
Crusader Kings II $9.99(75% off) ......................note: 3 newest DLC's not discounted.
Dawn of War II: Collection $9.99 (75% off)

Community Vote Winner:
Borderlands 2 $29.99 (50% off)

New Community Vote Nominees:

Skyrim (50% off) potentially $29.99
Sleeping Dogs (66% off) potentially $16.49
XCOM: Enemy Unkown (33% off) potentially $32.99

Bought Risen 2 from gamersgate. Now there is a count down timer before I can get my key? WTF? I paid for this? uhm? yeah? Also, credit cards through moneybookers is now gone. It was there when I bought Enchantress near the beginning of the holidays. I used it versus Paypal so I miss it now thats its gone. No doubt both of these new additions/subtractions is post Bethesda snaffuu.

[quote name='walkonshadows']New Flash Deals:

Day of Defeat: Source $2.49 (75% off)
Crusader Kings II $9.99 (75% off)
Dawn of War II: Collection $9.99 (75% off)

New Community Vote Nominees:

Skyrim (50% off)
Sleeping Dogs (66% off)
XCOM: Enemy Unkown (33% off)[/QUOTE]

Hmm..

grabbing a couple of pieces of CK II DLC I need. .98 Total. Done!

I think I'm voting for Sleeping Dogs in case there's any useless DLC I want to talk myself into buying. I'm probably wrongfully assuming the DLC will also be 66% off if it wins.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Bought Risen 2 from gamersgate. Now there is a count down timer before I can get my key? WTF? I paid for this? uhm? yeah? Also, credit cards through moneybookers is now gone. It was there when I bought Enchantress near the beginning of the holidays. I used it versus Paypal so I miss it now thats its gone. No doubt both of these new additions/subtractions is post Bethesda snaffuu.[/QUOTE]

Moneybookers probably cancelled their asses because they got too many complaints. If they don't watch it Paypal might too. I actually just used Moneybookers there last week but just checked now and sure enough, it's gone.

[quote name='hal']I think I'm voting for Sleeping Dogs in case there's any useless DLC I want to talk myself into buying. I'm probably wrongfully assuming the DLC will also be 66% off if it wins.[/QUOTE]

lol
i already did the EXACT same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back