The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
so im just gonna throw this out there
do you think how well my computer runs sleeping dogs would be a good indication of how well it will run the new tomb raider?

[quote name='tham1988']lol
i already did the EXACT same thing[/QUOTE]
Same here. Probably won't get anything but it's nice to have the option.

[quote name='oman19']wish the command and conquer ultimate collection activated on steam[/QUOTE]

Why would you want it on Steam when Origin is a much better client?

[quote name='walkonshadows']New Flash Deals:

Day of Defeat: Source $2.49 (75% off)
Crusader Kings II $9.99(75% off) ......................note: 3 newest DLC's not discounted.
Dawn of War II: Collection $9.99 (75% off)

Community Vote Winner:
Borderlands 2 $29.99 (50% off)

New Community Vote Nominees:

Skyrim (50% off) potentially $29.99
Sleeping Dogs (66% off) potentially $16.49
XCOM: Enemy Unkown (33% off) potentially $32.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the summary. A boy can only dream for a Killing Floor repeat sale.

[quote name='tham1988']so im just gonna throw this out there
do you think how well my computer runs sleeping dogs would be a good indication of how well it will run the new tomb raider?[/QUOTE]

New Tomb Raider looks sexy good.

[quote name='walkonshadows']They seem to do this quite often, so it's not a stupid question, but.. Is there any DLC missing from the Dawn of War Franchise Pack?[/QUOTE]

Not as far as I can tell.

This is everything it had the last go round so seems to be the same.

Q6Ye.jpeg

[quote name='walkonshadows']They seem to do this quite often, so it's not a stupid question, but.. Is there any DLC missing from the Dawn of War Franchise Pack?[/QUOTE]

Not that I am aware of.

I highly recommend the pack, by the way.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thanks for the summary. A boy can only dream for a Killing Floor repeat sale.[/QUOTE]

Updated the OP (for what I assume is the first time since V6 started) Now that the format/colors are there, it should be easy to upkeep. Yeah, I know, kinda late.

[quote name='carl7117']damn why did i buy a steam wallet card, seems there isnt going to be anything else good for sale[/QUOTE]

So you could complain about it?

[quote name='carl7117']damn why did i buy a steam wallet card, seems there isnt going to be anything else good for sale[/QUOTE]

It won't go bad just wait till the summer sale then

I'll take it.

[quote name='tham1988']how is day of defeat source?
whats it like?[/QUOTE]

to be reductive, it's like WWII CS. small-ish maps, twitch based skill. faster gameplay than other online WWII fps, like BF1942 or Red Orchestra. definition of niche online shooter.

If you didn't buy Doom Rails, you have absolutely ZERO room to complain.

I just realized some additional stupidity of the Steam Store interface, while mousing over DLC on the main CK2 page, I get the popup tooltip with a brief description and saying X of your friends own this game (for the DLC I'm mousing over). It won't however tell me in the tooltip that I own it.

Anybody else getting the Steam client crashing on them lately?
It seems to be the login server causing the issues because even when i go to the web-site and hit log-in I get a time-out but can browse the store to my hearts content.

No, but keep in mind that it is the Dawn of War pack, not a Warhammer pack, so it doesn't include Space Marine or its DLC.

And speaking of the pack, for anyone interested in the original DoW series, there were a bunch of good community map packs, and an updated AI that actually made it challenging to play for RTS vets. I'll see if I can't track em all down.

hmmm tough decision

Dawn of War Collection $9.99
or
THQ Collection (includes all Dawn of War II games) $24.99

The only games out of the THQ pack that I want to play are Dawn of War II Retribution, Darksiders II, and Saints Row the third. Do you think those games are worth the $25, or be cheaper elsewhere since thats the only games im interested out of the pack? (I already own a few of the games in the collection or have no interest in)

[quote name='travathian']No, but keep in mind that it is the Dawn of War pack, not a Warhammer pack, so it doesn't include Space Marine or its DLC.

And speaking of the pack, for anyone interested in the original DoW series, there were a bunch of good community map packs, and an updated AI that actually made it challenging to play for RTS vets. I'll see if I can't track em all down.[/QUOTE]

Any CAG that wanted it would have Space Marine from the Humble Amazon THQ Bundle. Its DLC is a 3-pack of multiplayer maps, and some pallet-swap dresses and earrings.

[quote name='Poor2More']hmmm tough decision

Dawn of War Collection $9.99
or
THQ Collection (includes all Dawn of War II games) $24.99

The only games out of the THQ pack that I want to play are Dawn of War II Retribution, Darksiders II, and Saints Row the third. Do you think those games are worth the $25, or be cheaper elsewhere since thats the only games im interested out of the pack? (I already own a few of the games in the collection or have no interest in)[/QUOTE]

The publisher packs are lacking in DLC.

[quote name='asheskitty']Any CAG that wanted it would have Space Marine from the Humble THQ Bundle. Its DLC is a 3-pack of multiplayer maps, and some pallet-swap dresses and earrings.[/QUOTE]

Space Marine wasn't in the humble bundle, just the first Dawn of War game

The older Crusader Kings Complete is also part of the flash sale (75% off making it $2.49). Anyone have any comments on that one?

It was the same price in the mid-year sale but I think I was giving all Paradox games a miss back then because I was considering the Paradox Publisher Pack. There doesn't seem to be a Paradox Pack anymore.... hmmm.

[quote name='woodcan']Anybody else getting the Steam client crashing on them lately?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any problems 'lately', but then I last logged in around 10 hours ago and have stayed logged in.

[quote name='asheskitty']I just realized some additional stupidity of the Steam Store interface, while mousing over DLC on the main CK2 page, I get the popup tooltip with a brief description and saying X of your friends own this game (for the DLC I'm mousing over). It won't however tell me in the tooltip that I own it.[/QUOTE]

I'm working on putting this into the Enhanced Steam plugin soon.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Space Marine wasn't in the humble bundle, just the first Dawn of War game[/QUOTE]

Right, Amazon THQ Bundle, just before that. Fixed.

[quote name='jshackles']I'm working on putting this into the Enhanced Steam plugin soon.[/QUOTE]

Groovy. =)

Still no repeat of the Tomb Raider pack. :whistle2:(

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Also, credit cards through moneybookers is now gone. It was there when I bought Enchantress near the beginning of the holidays. I used it versus Paypal so I miss it now thats its gone.[/QUOTE]
It still shows up as an option on the checkout page.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Space Marine wasn't in the humble bundle, just the first Dawn of War game[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Space Marine was part of the Tantalizing THQ Medley. That's how I got it ;)

So I went and activated an inventory copy of Serious Sam Complete Pack today. Unexpectedly, I got gift copies of the games I already had (Random Encounter, Double D, HD 1) in my inventory.

Man, I'm really hoping Crusader Kings II would be a daily so amazon could price match it and I could use an EC coupon. I'm going to hold out, I figure at the least I should still be able to get it for 10 in the next couple months.

[quote name='bob_793']is that the same Dawn of war pack from the beginning of the sale?[/QUOTE]

It is, but the individual games are actually a bit more in some cases. The DoW expansions are each 9.99 when I swore they were both only 4.99 earlier. Going back and forth if I want to buy the package just for Soulstorm and Dark Crusade.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Man, I'm really hoping Crusader Kings II would be a daily so amazon could price match it and I could use an EC coupon. I'm going to hold out, I figure at the least I should still be able to get it for 10 in the next couple months.[/QUOTE]

Kinda my hope as well.

Hey guys, I've got a binding of Isaac key from the humble bundle for whoever grabs it. Hopefully it isn't lurked.

P0P9N-R2LMV-T5FB0

On a sale related note, what's a guy got to do to get a Fallout sale around here? Geeze

Ugh... I don't get why they sell the WHOLE Warhammer 40k RTS franchise for [FONT=&quot]€[/FONT]9.99 but not part I and II seperately.

Why can't they put a Dawn of War I complete collection up seperately? I already own the whole DoW II franchise so paying [FONT=&quot]€[/FONT]10 for just the first part is too expensive.

But if I buy everything seperately it will cost me [FONT=&quot]€12 [/FONT]:wall:

And the final stupid thing is that steam's Platinum Edition does not include both "Dark Crusade" and "Winter Assault"

Bit on Max Payne 3, downloaded all afternoon and holy hell is it both awesome and hard. >.> I'd recommend it even at this price due to it's strong story and solid difficulty. Gunplay is simplistic and yet unique and I can't say I've seen something quite like it before.

[quote name='chapnis']LA Noire is 3.74 again here in AU/NZ.[/QUOTE]

But they more than make up for it by overcharging us for the DLC!

Is the "complete edition" exactly the same as the base game plus DLC Bundle?

[quote name='u.v.bunny']But they more than make up for it by overcharging us for the DLC!

Is the "complete edition" exactly the same as the base game plus DLC Bundle?[/QUOTE]
The DLC's the same price as it is in the US ($3).

Yes.

[quote name='Therapy']

And the final stupid thing is that steam's Platinum Edition does not include both "Dark Crusade" and "Winter Assault"[/QUOTE]
I wonder if that's some sort of bug? I could have sworn that the Platinum edition contained all of the Dawn of War 1 stuff as recent as a few weeks ago. I also notice the base game has a store page now, when previously only the gold edition did, if I remember correctly. Could be some weird effect of changing stuff around.

[quote name='Englando IV']I wonder if that's some sort of bug? I could have sworn that the Platinum edition contained all of the Dawn of War 1 stuff as recent as a few weeks ago. I also notice the base game has a store page now, when previously only the gold edition did, if I remember correctly. Could be some weird effect of changing stuff around.[/QUOTE]

I dunno but if you check here you will see two versions. One with and one without winter assault. The one that contains both does not really exist and doesn't include a price. Weird stuff.

http://www.steamprices.com/eu/search?dawn+of+war+platinum

[quote name='Detruire']The DLC's the same price as it is in the US ($3).
[/QUOTE]

Which store is that, NZ?

In the AU store the base game is $3.74, the DLC bundle is $4.49, and the complete edition costs $14.99!

Personally, I think the DLC made L.A Noire worse instead of better. I would recommend playing it first without the DLC then purchasing it later if wanted.

[quote name='Therapy']I dunno but if you check here you will see two versions. One with and one without winter assault. The one that contains both does not really exist and doesn't include a price. Weird stuff.

http://www.steamprices.com/eu/search?dawn+of+war+platinum[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the US Platinum pack used to include Winter Assault, but there's no mention of it now.

In the AU store there's an Anthology pack that includes the same items as the Platinum pack (Dow:GOTY + Dark Crusade) but the description clearly says it comes with DoW:Gold + Dark Crusade and that it includes Winter Assault.

Actually, I just checked the text file I keep on previous sale prices, and I'm sure both the US Platinum pack and the AU Anthology pack used to include DoW:Gold instead of DoW:GOTY.

Looks like they've downgraded both of these packs, but haven't updated the description in the AU store...

It's probably just a technical stuff-up, I can't see why they'd bother trying to screw customers on these older packs when they're practically giving away the entire franchise pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back