The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='carl7117']has anyone played indigo prophecy? thinking of getting it since i loved heavy rain. its 2.99 at gog. is that a sale price?[/QUOTE]

I played it back on the PS2. Never played the PC version. The story gets absolutely stupid but it makes it all the better and more fun to play. I say get it.

[quote name='carl7117']has anyone played indigo prophecy? thinking of getting it since i loved heavy rain. its 2.99 at gog. is that a sale price?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much like Heavy Rain, it starts off great and keeps going great until near the end of the game when it goes into the... well weird...

imo I loved how it did that (Into all that weird fantasy stuff) but most weren't - just go with the story though and you'll really enjoy it!

I think the gog one is censored though -
with the sex scene removed
- but it's no big deal at all - trust me it really isn't.

PS - I got the best ending the first time around (Yes, there's multiple endings so much replay value to be had here).

[quote name='jshackles']The biggest roadblock I'm hitting is with jQuery. It's reduced the amount of coding I've had to do significantly, but Greasemonkey and Chrome Extensions handle it in different ways. With Greasemonkey, it can be called externally (say, from http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js) but with the Chrome Extension, it has to be packed into the extension zip and distributed WITH the extension itself.
[/QUOTE]

What about using Firefox Extensions (not greasemonkey)? Wouldn't that work as well?

[quote name='mjontrix']It's pretty much like Heavy Rain, it starts off great and keeps going great until near the end of the game when it goes into the... well weird...[/QUOTE]

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the narrative in HR; I thought it was terrific from beginning to end.

[quote name='mjontrix']
I think the gog one is censored though -
with the sex scene removed
- but it's no big deal at all - trust me it really isn't.
[/QUOTE]

No, the version for sale on Gog.com is Fahrenheit, the "uncut" version. Indigo Prophecy is actually the name of the edited version.

And yes until around 9:00 CST tomorrow, it's 50% off, like most of the rest of the catalog.

[quote name='mjontrix']What about using Firefox Extensions (not greasemonkey)? Wouldn't that work as well?[/QUOTE]
It's far less of a hassle to keep Greasemonkey support than to create a Firefox extension.

[quote name='weeman43302']Ok, I see everyone talking about Payday. I bought it a couple days ago during the Daily Deal, but have only played single player. Anyone want to play some? I don't play very often, and I finally got a computer good enough to run games, but I still don't have many friends to play with. Steam name is the same as it is here. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Don't really get on as much as I would like to, but would play if I am on for it. Just sent you an invite.

Also, bah, why cant I click on the Heroes of Might and Magic sale?

Indigo Prophecy has one of the best opening sequences in any game I've ever played. The moment they put control in your hands you think "Wait - Ohfuckohfuckohfuck"

I loved indigo prophecy back in the day. I played it as fahrenheit which i think is the un-edited version (not released in North America). I got motivated to play it again after getting heavy rain and it seemed to hold up ok...but coming from heavy rain made me see the age it took on.

[quote name='The End']If only Amazon was willing to price match flash deals.[/QUOTE]
Hotline Miami was already on Daily Deal, right?

New Flash Deals:

Gamemaker Studio $33.99
Might & Magic: Heroes Franchise 40%-75%
Screen_Hunter.jpg

HotLine Miami $4.99

Community Vote Winner:
Counterstrike $11.24

New Community Vote Nominees:

The Sims 3 potentially $9.90
Serious Sam 3 potentially $5.99
DIRT: Showdown potentially $16.50

OP updated.

[quote name='hbluft']Don't really get on as much as I would like to, but would play if I am on for it. Just sent you an invite.

Also, bah, why cant I click on the Heroes of Might and Magic sale?[/QUOTE]

I added you.

I had trouble with the M&M sale on the site, but it works in the Steam Client.

[quote name='The End']Sadly, yes. No free Hotline Miami for us.[/QUOTE]

I'd be pissed. I just got it from Amazon yesterday with the coupon for $2.50

[quote name='warreni']I didn't think there was anything wrong with the narrative in HR; I thought it was terrific from beginning to end.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad I should've worded it better - I didn't mean it for Heavy Rain as well :)

And damn, no free Hotline Miami for us :(

[quote name='weeman43302']I'd be pissed. I just got it from Amazon yesterday with the coupon for $2.50[/QUOTE]

I so want to comment but :ziplip:

any other good games on gog that are cheap like farenheit? i was all hyped up to play it but since the ending isnt good id rather play something better

[quote name='Terlan']Any thoughts on Might and Magic vi?[/QUOTE]

I think it needs a better discount for a game released over a year ago and that Ubisoft are cheapasses.

You've gotta be kidding me! I just bought Game Maker Studio from the developers website a couple hours ago. I didn't really want to be stuck with it tied to Steam, but for a 66% vs 50% discount I could have lived with it. I really didn't expect it to get a flash or daily.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Oh and KaOTiK, I have to say thanks for your thread on Anandtech, I've been referencing it often.[/QUOTE]

lol np, didn't know anyone else here went to that forum :D

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Any thoughts on Gamemaker Studio?[/QUOTE]

You can make games with it, but not without some effort. Hotline Miami is an example of something that was created using it.

[quote name='KillingMachine']You can make games with it, but not without some effort. Hotline Miami is an example of something that was created using it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I was trying to find a list of notable games made with it, but couldn't.

That one sounds like people like it a lot. I might just play with the free version for a bit, though I doubt it will go on sale like this again any time soon.

Grabbed Clash of Heroes since I totally forgot to buy it when it was $2.50 on Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

And I wish they'd stop tempting me with Hotline Miami. Gahhhhhh, just gonna keep believing that it'll be in a humble bundle within a year. :p

"giving you all the great features of STANDARD with the added ability to purchase and plug-in Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8 and HTML5 export modules,"

LOL how great, you still have to buy the others

[quote name='xanchui']Amazon PM'd Hotline Miami, making it freeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/QUOTE]

Holy Shit. Wasn't expecting that.

Thanks for the head's up.

One of the main perks of the Pro version is the ability to buy those export modules to give you the ability to port your game to other platforms while using the same code. The other main advantage of Pro is it has some features to make it easier to transfer files between multiple people using it to develop something as a team. If you just want it to goof around with by yourself and don't care about buying export modules at some point, save a few bucks and just get Standard.

[quote name='xanchui']Amazon PM'd Hotline Miami, making it freeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/QUOTE]
Fantastic! Glad I waited. I just knew it was going to happen. They'll take it down quickly so get it while you can!

Great, now the Amazon thread will be filled with people complaining that they weren't told in advance and that they wasted $2.50. :roll:

[quote name='Motoki']I think it needs a better discount for a game released over a year ago and that Ubisoft are cheapasses.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Might and Magic 6 had a base-game price drop since it was on sale during the summer. The standard edition went from $49.99 to $29.99, and this is now the Deluxe edition for that base price. 50% off that brings it to $14.99, which I believe is the cheapest price it's been offered (on Steam directly, at least).

My question is if Steam's Gold edition comes with the Deluxe edition extras or not. I would like to think so, because it's the only version of the game available on the service, but the Gold bundle doesn't specifically list the Deluxe edition.

Thanks for the heads up ya'll on Hotline Miami. I was starting to wonder if I'd use ANY of my $5 credits.

Anyway, if there is an experienced Firefox plugin developer out there that would want to take a look at my chrome script and "port" it, PM me.

Seriously? People getting Hotline Miami for free? Son of a . . .

Well I'll wait till it hits a Humble Bundle or whatever.

Chapnis you beautiful bastard. I could will kiss you.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Seriously? People getting Hotline Miami for free? Son of a . . .

Well I'll wait till it hits a Humble Bundle or whatever.[/QUOTE]

You don't have any coupons to get it yourself?

[quote name='The End']You don't have any coupons to get it yourself?[/QUOTE]

Well someone must have given it to him I guess because Steam says he has it now.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']seriously?; ya it's 4.99 right now[/QUOTE]

He's not joking. Credit's apparently apply:

Screen_Hunter.jpg

UPDATE: Yep, credit applied. (I've still got 12 of them to try to use up.)

[quote name='Motoki']Well someone must have given it to him I guess because Steam says he has it now.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna give him a copy as a thank you for him giving me the Borderlands 2 DLC the other day. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back