The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']+1

Also, speaking of games in the $5 Family Gaming Pack, Big Spoony Bard just pointed out the absolutely top notch visuals of Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader.

0000003659.600x338.jpg
[/QUOTE]

OH MY GOSH!

MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME WELL... THIS ONE AND THE SEQUEL, "AM I DUMBER THAN a 6th GRADER".

They left alot of mental bandwidth between editions.

This game should be FREE on Steam kinda like a gift to the world.

Why?

Just think of all of the over 40 game playing crowd that could download and play this and MAYBE be able to get a job in public service be that a councilman, mayor, senator... Why, maybe even a job in the Whitehouse!

Of course, such popularity might prohibit availability of those profound positions but there might be jobs in the warehouses where the $800 toilet seats are or perhaps putting the little plastic caps on the dish soap bottles headed out to retail.

Either way... Might make all those aliens floating around in UFO's more likely to make contact knowing full well that everyone is now smarter than a 5th grader no matter how old they are! Yay! I love civilization, its so... civilized!

I know I'm hours late, but I didn't get to check CAG all day. Woke up late after a long holiday, and by the time I got to work, I was getting hounded.

[quote name='jshackles']Puzzle Quest is awesome, I've probably logged about 100 hours in it between my Xbox version and PSP version, and I also own it on Steam. Highly recommended![/QUOTE]

Got about 40 on PC, 40 on PSP, and 5 on PS3 myself. Definitely recommended. I don't know what happened to my PC copy, so I'm actually tempted to buy it again. The PC version doesn't have Revenge of the Plague Lord, huh? I bought the PS3 version like 3 years ago, but I got burned out at the time from the PC and PSP versions.

[quote name='Carlmundo']First thing I do on a game (other than change resolution) is set subtitles to on.[/QUOTE]

Same. I never used to, but the GF is hearing impaired, and she likes to watch some times. So I pretty much have captions for everything on, all the time.

[quote name='Woocls']Also, I'm so close to buying torchlight 2 but I already have diablo 3 to "finish". So for people who've played both how does torchlight 2 compare to D3? or Torchlight 1?[/QUOTE]

I sort of like Torchlight 1 better for some things. Torchlight 2 is so cast heavy. I liked Torchlight 1 when I played with bows, which reminded me a lot of hunters in Ragnarok Online. In Torchlight 2, I was doing so little damage as a physical bow user, I rerolled as an embermage, and have been pwning everything, whenever I don't die.

On NG++, I think, but I haven't touched it for months. It shows 136 hours on my profile, because there's a bug where it doesn't terminate when you run Torchlight 2 with Wine. Looking at my GF's profile, it's more like 80 hours.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Great, now the Amazon thread will be filled with people complaining that they weren't told in advance and that they wasted $2.50. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I wasted $2.49! I bought it last night! I actually saw the sale at 8:05 PM PST, and figured Tony wouldn't match it, and went on to play Borderlands 2 (which is a much better experience than split screen on the PS3, with graphics and PhysX all the way up).

[quote name='hal']Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is an action/rpg that's a little goofy but tons of fun. Don't miss it.

Clash of Heroes adds a bit of a puzzle element to the genre. It's good fun and it might be of interest if you prefer a lighter game.[/QUOTE]

Going to do some research on Dark Messiah. I played through Clash of Heroes twice, I believe. It's a good game. One aspect I both like and dislike about it is that you level a character to 10, and you start over on another character. Rinse and repeat with all the characters.

[quote name='oman19']Fairly new to PC gaming myself...would love to know the answer to this as well.[/QUOTE]

I used to play online all the time with randoms. Haven't since FFXI/WoW (played Warcraft III and Counter Strike a ton with guildmates), and GF. Part of me is interested in a CAG gaming group, but part of me is a little apprehensive, having been out of competitive gaming for years.

I usually skip over these long posts, and now I'm posting a novel.

Also, it's fun seeing people owning games or having a game on a wishlist when I browse sales, so feel free to add me as well =P

http://steamcommunity.com/id/elessar123

This actually might be the first holiday sale where I don't make a single purchase. I grabbed Hotline Miami from Amazon for free after the $5 Editor's Choice credit and I snagged Fallout: NV UE for free after $4.50 in Amazon gift cards. The only thing I might be tempted to grab from Steam at this point is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: CoP for $3.75 or Dust Force/Sine Mora/Symphony at $2.50.

I went and picked up KOTOR 1 & 2, The Spellforce Collection, GTR 2 and Empire Total War.

Just trying to fill out my 2018 gaming calendar early this year :)

dark messiah is an excellent action rpg, very memorable game for me, gameplay is great, story is weird and provocative, plenty of ways to approach the game, hell I even remember some of the secret weapons. Don't pick it up if you are only into the darksiders open world style arpg games.

[quote name='Meowser']I went and picked up KOTOR 1 & 2, The Spellforce Collection, GTR 2 and Empire Total War.

Just trying to fill out my 2018 gaming calendar early this year :)[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, one of my new years resolutions is to beat 50/300 on my current backlog.

re: Puzzle Quest

[quote name='elessar123']I don't know what happened to my PC copy, so I'm actually tempted to buy it again. The PC version doesn't have Revenge of the Plague Lord, huh? [/QUOTE]

There's a way to install it on top of the Steam version. I forget how the hell I did it because it's been so long but I do have it.

Amazon deserves the sales and Tony is a good rep but its hard enough to keep up with the steam thread. Add a few more threads I try and follow, the off topic posts like this one, and a bunch of bitching constantly and it's near impossible. I think people need to relax, have some herbal tea, and get a snuggie or something. The entitlement drives me nuts. Sometimes you get a good deal sometimes you don't. It seems a lot more people are on CAG for profit recently.

On another note did any regulars miss the hotline Miami deal?

Gamersgate refunded all my bethesda packs today, but unfortunately some of that was in blue coins that I just don't know what to do with. I wish they would also refund the goat of mine that they've gotten by having all these games that steam also has, and not offering steam keys for them. I want back my goat.

Do we know when their holiday type sale is supposed to end?

[quote name='stupidproz1']I can find no logical reason to not buy these game's I have not played but probably never will.

29cpac3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of money. I always have a hard time with GOG because in general I feel they are way to expensive for 20 year old games.

[quote name='Motoki']re: Puzzle Quest

There's a way to install it on top of the Steam version. I forget how the hell I did it because it's been so long but I do have it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Then I probably will have to bite. But still not sure if I want the Family Gaming Pack =P

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Well, it's official, Hotline Miami for free was an automated pricing mistake.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I was thinking it probably was.

Also, I just noticed the OP says the STEAM deal ends Jan. 4th; although on STEAM it says Jan. 5th; just saying....

[quote name='pROvIs']On another note did any regulars miss the hotline Miami deal?[/QUOTE]Looks like I did because I was too busy actually playing a game on Steam than living here. Oh well.

EDIT: No, I didn't. I thought perhaps Steam goofed and did a 100% discount on it, but after reviewing the thread, I see that it was a $5 Amazon goof with coupons. Since I didn't buy anything in Dec., I don't have any coupons for now. Oh well again.

Yahtzee named Spec Ops: The Line his best game of the year today. I'm at the beginning if Chapter 12 and I'm genuinely interested if they're going to pay this off someway other than how I'm expecting it to. The *shocking moment* loses some impact when you know something terrible is supposed to happen, but it's still pretty rough stuff. If it hadn't been so widely alluded to, it would've been as shocking as the twist in CoD4:MW; one of the greatest blindsides in gaming IMO.

Was disappointed in steam's dungeon defenders sale and checked Amazon. It's currently 2.99 over which is exactly the price range I wanted. Any thoughts on the game before I buy it? Also, if I do which DLC pieces are worth it?

[quote name='pROvIs']
On another note did any regulars miss the hotline Miami deal?[/QUOTE]
Hi. I just woke up. I've slept the whole time during the party. I guess now I need to wait for a bundle with it..

[quote name='MrMuffinzzz']Was disappointed in steam's dungeon defenders sale and checked Amazon. It's currently 2.99 over which is exactly the price range I wanted. Any thoughts on the game before I buy it? Also, if I do which DLC pieces are worth it?[/QUOTE]

Just a PSA, but it is a BTA game along with ALL of the DLC in HiB7.

[quote name='stupidproz1']I can find no logical reason to not buy these game's I have not played but probably never will.

29cpac3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
2 words

THEME HOSPITAL

Get the mod and enjoy wonderfulness

[quote name='Jaysonguy']2 words

THEME HOSPITAL

Get the mod and enjoy wonderfulness[/QUOTE]

I loved theme hospital when I was a kid!! makes me kinda want to try it again with mods.

All you sexy people can add me here:hot: Would love to play some games with other CAG.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaipuke

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Just a PSA, but it is a BTA game along with ALL of the DLC in HiB7.[/QUOTE]

But HiB7 is over now D; Fuuucccckkk

oh well. :< Dungeon defenders and all DLC for about 6 bucks sounded like a really great deal.

[quote name='MrMuffinzzz']But HiB7 is over now D; Fuuucccckkk

oh well. :< Dungeon defenders and all DLC for about 6 bucks sounded like a really great deal.[/QUOTE]

You might to able to buy it in the Steam trading thread - someone should be selling their BTA keys... Of course you could be paying a slight premium...

So you all weren't lying, Hotline Miami is pretty amazing. The music is obscenely good, the difficulty reminds me of playing NES as a kid, and it is very unique in a sea of retro-wankery.

The options menu made me sick after 2-3 seconds though. The herbal medicine I take could have contributed to that...

[quote name='mjontrix']You might to able to buy it in the Steam trading thread - someone should be selling their BTA keys... Of course you could be paying a slight premium...[/QUOTE]

On the topic of HIB7: Does anyone know what would happen if I increase my HIB7 contribution to over the BTA value now? Would I get the BTA keys?

[quote name='SeymourGams']So you all weren't lying, Hotline Miami is pretty amazing. The music is obscenely good, the difficulty reminds me of playing NES as a kid, and it is very unique in a sea of retro-wankery.

The options menu made me sick after 2-3 seconds though. The herbal medicine I take could have contributed to that...[/QUOTE]
no-no-i-swear-meme-generator-no-no-i-swear-there-wasn-t-any-brownies-in-that-weed-90f75e.jpg

[quote name='fore1337']Holy Crap! Sacred2 is back! And it now comes with the previously unobtainable European only expansion pack Ice and Blood![/QUOTE]

Whoa! Loved that game on Xbox! Now I'll wait for the inevitable daily flash sale!

skeleton-computer-guy.jpg

Actual CAG deal question!

I see the GameMaker Studio: Professional Edition listed at £20.39, 66% off. Is that all I'd need to get started?

I have basic programming knowledge (University was 10 years ago!) so I've been re-learning to program as a hobby and this interests me. I kinda need something to keep me interested so I've been thinking of designing a (very basic) game or two for a while.

Is this all I'd need? Or do I need a "Base version" as well?

(I'm browsing on phone so can't see too well)

[quote name='Junpei']Whoa! Loved that game on Xbox! Now I'll wait for the inevitable daily flash sale![/QUOTE]
Don't hold your breath. I'll be purchasing this before the end of the sale. It's at 50% off now for $10.
Sacred2-rare.jpg

yeah, I've got problems.
hair_matches_my_undies.jpg

I wonder if I can move my saved games over.
hair2.jpg

Sacred 2 was added near the start of the sale so I was hoping for a flash/daily of 75% off (Sacred franchise had routinely been a featured deal in the past). However, Deep Silver is the publisher this time so perhaps they didn't want to put it up. Anyway, it'll be 75% off within the near future as they're pushing Sacred Citadel and eventually Sacred 3.

[quote name='kevinc23']Does anybody know where i can get Fallout New Vegas UE for pc cheap? Sorry for the off topic.[/QUOTE]

Not off topic at all. This is precisely the sort of questions that should be asked here.

Fallout New Vegas UE should show up sometime over the next few days on Steam. The Fallout games are guaranteed to be part of any major Steam sale, and they haven't appeared yet in this sale. So at this point, you don't have long to wait.

It'll probably be 66% or 75% off. I'd guess 75%.

yeah, fallout 3 goty was $5, and new vegas ultimate was 10 on previous steam and amazon sales, i picked up both over the summer. both are totally worth it, new vegas was pretty buggy at launch, glad i waited for the bugs to be fixed, the game is amazing.

[quote name='The End']Not off topic at all. This is precisely the sort of questions that should be asked here.

Fallout New Vegas UE should show up sometime over the next few days on Steam. The Fallout games are guaranteed to be part of any major Steam sale, and they haven't appeared yet in this sale. So at this point, you don't have long to wait.

It'll probably be 66% or 75% off. I'd guess 75%.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='dracula']yeah, fallout 3 goty was $5, and new vegas ultimate was 10 on previous steam and amazon sales, i picked up both over the summer. both are totally worth it, new vegas was pretty buggy at launch, glad i waited for the bugs to be fixed, the game is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information guys. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for any upcoming sales on the fallout games.

I don't suppose theres any chance of Burnout Paradise hitting the sales is there? Pretty sure it was untouched this whole sale.

[quote name='kevinc23']Thanks for the information guys. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for any upcoming sales on the fallout games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too, can't wait to grab the games + dlcs.

[quote name='MrBonk']Uh hey guys, am I the only one seeing this

izeDfckQB6fb3.png
[/QUOTE]

Gabers gonna gabe.

[quote name='elessar123']
Same. I never used to, but the GF is hearing impaired, and she likes to watch some times. So I pretty much have captions for everything on, all the time.http://steamcommunity.com/id/elessar123[/QUOTE]

You kinky bugger. . . actually I do the same thing and I'm not hearing-impaired. I've just found that I prefer reading subtitles to cranking up the volume on things.

[quote name='MrMuffinzzz']Was disappointed in steam's dungeon defenders sale and checked Amazon. It's currently 2.99 over which is exactly the price range I wanted. Any thoughts on the game before I buy it? Also, if I do which DLC pieces are worth it?[/QUOTE]

I've heard that it's phenomenal if you have a group to play with, but I can attest to the fact that it's fairly tedious if you're lone-wolfing it. From what I can see it's really meant to be played with four actual humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back