The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']Hah, I wonder if anyone will actually buy the Titan Quest IP. Would seem fairly worthless now since the original developers will release Grim Dawn in about a year.[/QUOTE]
In for 1 then? ;)

[quote name='jshackles']In the latest of a series of bad news for THQ fans:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/7/3846854/thq-franchises-may-be-sold-title-by-title

Seriously hope EA doesn't have the high bid on anything, that would make me sad[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jshackles']True as long as they purchase the franchise with the intent of continuing it. There is nothing stopping EA from, say, buying Saints Row simply to remove it from Steam and offer it exclusively on Origin. Or any other company buying the franchise merely for the residuals. Sure it's not likely, but it could happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']O man! Could you imagine if those games were pulled and put on Origin. I would doubt it though.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I'm being Chicken Little here, but now I'm going 'Oh crap! Which THQ games do I still not own yet?

Luckily there's a plugin for that. ;)

[quote name='Genocidal']The term for that genre is MOBA.[/QUOTE]

I always think of them as Pokemon for (sort of) grown-ups, but MOBA works.

[quote name='nategator'] Even EA takes at least a few years before ruining a studio.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
QFT

I'm trying to create a Gala account and have some difficulties:

NOTE: The Indie Gala Email adress and profile link are CASE SENSITIVE and must be entered exactly as are shown in the Indie Gala profile page. Once registered, you will not be able to change your IndieGala profile. For any further problems contact the customer support!

I bought some indiegala games before... I click on "access your profile" , it ask for my mail to send me my profile link. I received it, enter it... I can see my bundles, but can't see my "gala mail"... it is the same mail I use to buy the bundles? so, the field "Email Address" can be the same as "IndieGala Email"?. Also don't know what to enter on "Tax/VAT number", Is not applicable for me I think...

BTW, I know is a fool question, but I'd rather be a fool than screw it xD

Edit: nevermind... found the FAQ ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']I'm sure I'm being Chicken Little here, but now I'm going 'Oh crap! Which THQ games do I still not own yet?

Luckily there's a plugin for that. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing too. I only own about half of the games they have published on Steam, but there's not really anything I don't own that I actually want, so it's probably all good. For example, I forgot they published You Don't Know Jack and World of Zoo.

[quote name='jshackles']I did the same thing too. I only own about half of the games they have published on Steam, but there's not really anything I don't own that I actually want, so it's probably all good. For example, I forgot they published You Don't Know Jack and World of Zoo.[/QUOTE]

I kind of want World of Zoo. :lol:

Somehow I'm not overly concerned about it becoming an Origin exclusive though.

[quote name='Motoki']I kind of want World of Zoo. :lol:

Somehow I'm not overly concerned about it becoming an Origin exclusive though.[/QUOTE]

Just remember:

* Some of the animals depicted in the trailer and screenshots are not included in the current version.

And by "current version" it looks like it hasn't been updated since 2009.

[quote name='juanjava']The jagged alliance bundle. 5.99 at the gala store...

I don't want to stress my wallet AGAIN, so I must ask for opinions on the new jagged alliance games. Are they patched now? The [can't remember name] mod makes the game good? I know the game by itself on launch was a mess... But I want to know how it is after patches and mods[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. Why would the JAGGED ALLIANCE BUNDLE include only Skydrift at the entry price? Not much of a bundle. And not much Jagged Alliance.

[quote name='hal']I don't get it. Why would the JAGGED ALLIANCE BUNDLE include only Skydrift at the entry price? Not much of a bundle. And not much Jagged Alliance.[/QUOTE]

Easy, because I paid GMG $2 for Skydrift yesterday.

[quote name='hal']I don't get it. Why would the JAGGED ALLIANCE BUNDLE include only Skydrift at the entry price? Not much of a bundle. And not much Jagged Alliance.[/QUOTE]

It's Indie Gala. Don't think too hard trying to make sense of what they do.

Can't believe no one is talking about the Disciples bundle. That's the one that interests me the most, although I'll probably end up buying both.

[quote name='jatan11t']Can't believe no one is talking about the Disciples bundle. That's the one that interests me the most, although I'll probably end up buying both.[/QUOTE]
I was interested in Disciples bundle too, but then I found this: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-D3REIN/disciples-reincarnation
It's some kind of complete and corrected Disciples III edition. Right now you can't buy it on Steam, but GG sells steamable version and it activates well.

[quote name='asheskitty']I know the sale is over. We're all feeling a bit alone and confused, but let's cut the *crazy* talk. ^_~[/QUOTE]

I believe the proper procedure is to only play games purchased in a winter/summer sale from the year prior. New purchases must be left to marinate for a period of six to twelve months.

[quote name='hal']I hated Trials 2 the first time I played it. It's tough as hell. Once I read up on it a bit and gave it another go I really got into it; so much so that I hope Trials HD makes its way to PC some day.
[/QUOTE]

I beat the game the next day, I just didn't have fun. Plus I was silly in thinking it was the one I'd seen on XBox Live, with proper multiplayer and fun levels :(.

[quote name='nastyislegend']Dear Joseph,

Over the holidays we had a few problems with our site that affected you and your purchase of the Bethesda New Year Collection or the Borderlands 2 Four-Pack. We mistakenly advertised these packs at a price much lower than intended.

As difficult as it is for us, we will be honoring the price that we advertised – we´re currently waiting on serial keys to complete your order and will deliver them as soon as possible.

We want to apologize for our mistakes and the amount of time it has taken to resolve everything. Please be aware that due to these issues, our support team is under heavy pressure – we will be answering all tickets we receive, but it may take longer than usual until things calm down.

We hope that you can be pleased that this issue has been resolved, and that we can continue to deliver fantastic deals and some exciting new releases as we move forward.

Best regards,
GamersGate Team

:applause:[/QUOTE]

I got the same email but mine was Dear Tom. :D

[quote name='Detruire']With 3rd-party DRM and a 5-machine activation limit to boot![/QUOTE]

Oh lovely. Got to love that continent of Europe and their love for crappy limiting DRM. :p

Hi! Today only we have big discounts on The Cat Lady, single DRM-free copies, DVD-roms and special deals whereby you get Desura and forthcoming Steam key included!

For example, a 2 disc DVD rom is just £9.99 (normally £14.99)

Go and add things to the cart to see the special discounts for today, at http://www.TheCatLady.co.uk

I hope this interests you. I'll try and bring some more offers CAG's way in the near future :)

ML

I'm probably looking right over it, but what is actually included in the "Disciples bundle"? Which Disciples games?

[quote name='jatan11t']Can't believe no one is talking about the Disciples bundle. That's the one that interests me the most, although I'll probably end up buying both.[/QUOTE]

I got the disciples 2 Gold pack this sale and I cant get the damn thing to run. I tried all the fixes that I could find from google searching, but it just wont work. ah well. :(

[quote name='Mooby']http://kotaku.com/5973986/here-we-go-valve+supported-computer-hardware-will-be-shown-off-tonight[/QUOTE]

I'm still confused as to whether or not this is something I should want. Best I can imagnie, it's a console with a 500GB HD that I can install my top selection of titles on, deleting and redownloading as the mood to play them hits. Worst case, it's another "streaming" device, which I certainly don't need. Am I the only one who has their gaming PC sitting right next to their TV with the Xbox and PS3?

I just don't understand! My brain hurts!

[quote name='Broken Cage']I'm still confused as to whether or not this is something I should want. Best I can imagnie, it's a console with a 500GB HD that I can install my top selection of titles on, deleting and redownloading as the mood to play them hits. Worst case, it's another "streaming" device, which I certainly don't need. Am I the only one who has their gaming PC sitting right next to their TV with the Xbox and PS3?

I just don't understand! My brain hurts![/QUOTE]

Is it Linux? Maybe I am being stupid and overlooking it somewhere but I can't seem to pinpoint the OS.

[quote name='Broken Cage'] Am I the only one who has their gaming PC sitting right next to their TV with the Xbox and PS3?

I just don't understand! My brain hurts![/QUOTE]

I have my set-up where my computer monitor is also used for my xbox and blu-ray monitor. With an hdmi switch, it automatically changes it's source to the next powered device. All connected to my surround system. Very handy considering its just my own personal set-up.

That said, my powerhouse of a PC will not pushed aside for this new item.

[quote name='jshackles']Unless you count the #1 game being played on Steam right now

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

:D[/QUOTE]

That's a MOBA, not an RTS. ;)

Last I checked Relic still makes games where you can build bases.

Edit: I'm going to leave this here as a cautionary tale about refreshing a page and responding several hours later without checking the next few replies.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Am I the only one who has their gaming PC sitting right next to their TV with the Xbox and PS3? [/QUOTE]
Same setup here with an original xbox with HD kit as well.

[quote name='JakeNome']I got the disciples 2 Gold pack this sale and I cant get the damn thing to run. I tried all the fixes that I could find from google searching, but it just wont work. ah well. :([/QUOTE]

Should of bought the Strategy First bundle then you would have plenty of other games to play instead :p

[quote name='The End']The day after the Holiday or Summer sale ends is usually the time for drops in the base MSRP of games. So far, I can only see that The Witcher 2 dropped from $30 to $20. Anything else that people see?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. I kept second-guessing my decision not to get tW2 yet (I've yet to play the first), and this feels like justification.

Also, see? Lowercase t for the "The" that no one even remembers is part of the name anyway. Looks nice that way, right? Right? Anyone? ...

[quote name='Motoki']I didn't post my haul because I think those things are like baby pictures - everyone wants to show theirs but no one else really cares - but let's just say it was not insubstantial.[/QUOTE]

While I don't pore over them, I do look through people's haul lists to see who got the same games I did and whether someone with similar tastes bought anything unusual or unknown to me.

Motoki, I may be a mere Pokemon who's apparently of Dragonquest lineage, but I would read your haul if you were to post it. But don't do it just for my sake.

That reminds me. I guess it's time to ditch the candy cane version of my avatar. Party's over.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Should of bought the Strategy First bundle then you would have plenty of other games to play instead :p[/QUOTE]

ur right. with all those iron clad games, I would be swimming in ships of fun. :oldman:

I am intrigued by this Steam Box. I am curious to see what it does, and for how much. My GF is an 360 gamer, and well if I could buy her a small Steam box so we can co-op games, I would consider it.

[quote name='DPsycho']That reminds me. I guess it's time to ditch the candy cane version of my avatar. Party's over.[/QUOTE]

Not quite yet, since no one has mentioned it...

Merry Christmas! (for Eastern Othodox & Coptic Christians)

Yeah, I scan through people's buy lists too, just kinda curious what they bought, curious in seeing if the thread might have helped push them to some titles (like Overlord and Silverfall).

[quote name='DPsycho'], see? Lowercase t for the "The" that no one even remembers is part of the name anyway. Looks nice that way, right? Right? Anyone? ...[/QUOTE]
Just because you bought it up: ;)

T is correct because "The" is the first word in the title - and the first word should always be capitalised... unless you're going for some kind of stylisation points.

(Oh, and I always remember that the "The" is there.)

That bundle explains all the JA stuff I saw on Steamgifts today.

My Backloggery shows a positive score for 2013, but only because I haven't updated with my Winter Sale additions yet... Still, knocking off 3 games in the first week ain't half bad. fake edit: wtf, the BL Breakdown counts both a Beaten and a Completed even if it's the same title... curses.

mini-mini-review of The Darkness II - fun and gory and well-paced story (setting up for tD3) but you can only derive so much satisfaction from yanking enemy spinal cords via rectums before it gets old.

[quote name='dfg']mini-mini-review of The Darkness II - fun and gory and well-paced story (setting up for tD3) but you can only derive so much satisfaction from yanking enemy spinal cords via rectums before it gets old.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself.

[quote name='asheskitty']

Yeah, I scan through people's buy lists too, just kinda curious what they bought, curious in seeing if the thread might have helped push them to some titles (like Overlord and Silverfall).[/QUOTE]

I actually did pick up Siverfall complete mostly due to your comments and I guess I'll have to dabble a bit in Hunted as well. I just watched a few youtube vids (of Hunted) and it looks like a classic case of bad reviews, but also seems to be right up my genre alley.

[quote name='dfg']you can only derive so much satisfaction from yanking enemy spinal cords via rectums before it gets old.[/QUOTE]

/installs

[quote name='dfg']you can only derive so much satisfaction from yanking enemy spinal cords via rectums before it gets old.[/QUOTE]

In what alternate universe?

[quote name='Mooby']http://kotaku.com/5973986/here-we-go-valve+supported-computer-hardware-will-be-shown-off-tonight[/QUOTE]

With more than 50 million subscribers around the world, Steam is the digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications/community platform from Valve Corporation.

What a wonderful reminder that to Valve I'm just a subscriber.

This is not going to be the steam box, ain't it?? It says Valve backed PC hardware, in words, mere branding.

Re: The Steambox.

I think the good news from the consumer end is that you have a very lucrative company with a dominant share of the digital download market pushing for Linux viability. Possible benefits:

* Breaking up the near virtual monopoly Microsoft has with Windows and forgoing people's need to pay for an OS (Steam's massive market leverage will force a lot of AAA publishers to start making Linux versions).

* Make 'PC Gaming' more affordable to people who exclusive/majority play on consoles. Of course this all depends on how much it will cost and what exactly is included hardware-wise.

* Drive down the price of PC components, GPU, etc (dependent on the point above).

If they can deliver a PC-console for around $300-$500 that plays every modern title with good performance I'd probably switch to buying them every 2-4 years depending on how often they offer 'upgraded' versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back