The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the MumboJumbo pack this winter and already had SquareLogic, but it was listed as one of the games in the pack. My best guess is they never updated the pack when MumboJumbo lost the rights to publish the game.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah Indie Royale does their bundles way too fast. It's like they do the quanity over quality argument. I am getting tired of $5 for one good game and 3 shitty games :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hell, I wouldn't even mind that.. but lately it's been 1-2 repeats and 3 games you don't want. It looks like this upcoming bundle will be all repeats which is an automatic pass for me.

[quote name='The End']Anybody here buy the MumboJumbo Collection over the past couple of months? If so, did your bundle come with "Everyday Genius: SquareLogic"? The game has been removed from the store, and I had thought that it was removed from the MumboJumbo Collection as well. But I just added the collection to my library last night and it gave me Everyday Genius. A pleasant surprise to be sure.

Has this happened to anybody else?

For what it's worth, I bought my copy through JakeNome during the Autumn sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Genocidal']I bought the MumboJumbo pack this winter and already had SquareLogic, but it was listed as one of the games in the pack. My best guess is they never updated the pack when MumboJumbo lost the rights to publish the game.[/QUOTE]

I bought it over the summer and I got it. Not sure when it was removed exactly but glad I have it.

Apparently, the rights to it reverted to the actual developers and they have tried to get it back on Steam but have had no luck with Valve. They may need to go Greenlight which is silly to me but then again so is forcing DTP to put Drakensang on Greenlight when it's already on Steam.

The Winter Voices dev did manage to get his game back on when he got the rights to it and didn't have to go through Greenlight so I guess there's always a chance for Everyday Genius still.

[quote name='spoderman']Hell, I wouldn't even mind that.. but lately it's been 1-2 repeats and 3 games you don't want. It looks like this upcoming bundle will be all repeats which is an automatic pass for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not ready to write it off yet. I missed some of the earlier IRs from late 2011/early 2012 that had a few things I'd love the chance to snag.

EDIT: Never mind; I see it's live and it's terrible. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Motoki']I bought it over the summer and I got it. Not sure when it was removed exactly but glad I have it.

Apparently, the rights to it reverted to the actual developers and they have tried to get it back on Steam but have had no luck with Valve. They may need to go Greenlight which is silly to me but then again so is forcing DTP to put Drakensang on Greenlight when it's already on Steam.

The Winter Voices dev did manage to get his game back on when he got the rights to it and didn't have to go through Greenlight so I guess there's always a chance for Everyday Genius still.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what Valve is doing with all of this nonsense. Is the "community" determining everything that gets added to Steam now? Greenlight seemed like a good idea on paper but it needs some moderation, for pity's sake.

[quote name='warreni']I'm not ready to write it off yet. I missed some of the earlier IRs from late 2011/early 2012 that had a few things I'd love the chance to snag.

EDIT: Never mind; I see it's live and it's terrible. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

hopesdeletedbynoonspd2u.jpg

Can't bring myself to plunk down even $4 for the Indie Royale, even though I don't have Gemini Rue or the Soulcaster games. Their pricing model was cool when it was just them vs Humble, but now there are so many (better) bundles out there. :(

EDIT: Also, this includes Borderlands DLC?

hqrXJ.png

Number 3????

[quote name='jshackles']Can't bring myself to plunk down even $4 for the Indie Royale, even though I don't have Gemini Rue or the Soulcaster games. Their pricing model was cool when it was just them vs Humble, but now there are so many (better) bundles out there. :(

EDIT: Also, this includes Borderlands DLC?

hqrXJ.png
[/QUOTE]
Saw that too, now I'm curious. I have all the games I want from there but Borderlands content in this?

Only 100 purchased so far. If you're the one out of 100 people, please tell us about the Borderlands DLC. :lol:

[quote name='spoderman']It's the Borderlands DLC for Defense Grid..[/QUOTE]
Oh...

hopesdeletedbynoonspd2u.jpg

[quote name='spoderman']It's the Borderlands DLC for Defense Grid..[/QUOTE]
AHA!

That wasn't a compelling mystery at all, I don't know if I'm happy that we know the answer this soon or sad because someone wont have to dig around in their lunch hour to see what's up.

I really want it for soulcaster but know it'll sit in my backlog and go unplayed. Plus $4 still seems a lot to pay for a game that looks about 30 years old.

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks! I think I forgot to mention that I updated it to v1.4, which adds more DRM detection patterns and also a setting in the options that lets you disable those warnings if you want to.[/QUOTE]

Just another idea, but would it be possible to add a camelcamelcamel type drop down UI that checks steamgamesales (or wherever else) for pricing history while on a product page. I have no idea the effort such a task would entail, but it's just something I think would be pretty cool.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Just another idea, but would it be possible to add a camelcamelcamel type drop down UI that checks steamgamesales (or wherever else) for pricing history while on a product page. I have no idea the effort such a task would entail, but it's just something I think would be pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Adding the graph or history itself might be kind of hard, but adding a link to redirect you to the SteamGameSales.com history page for that game wouldn't be difficult at all.

Just adding their "lowest price" to the page should be pretty easy to do also.

[quote name='warreni']I don't understand what Valve is doing with all of this nonsense. Is the "community" determining everything that gets added to Steam now? Greenlight seemed like a good idea on paper but it needs some moderation, for pity's sake.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read and can infer reading between the lines, it sounds like Valve will consider games that are in the top 100 (which makes sense, they want to add games that will sell), but the final decision ultimately lies with them; they aren't just negotiating contracts with the top however many, and things that don't follow Greenlight's gudielines are pulled constantly. There's also the posting fee to be listed on Greenlight in the first place, it's $100 to be listed with all the money from this fee being donated to Child's Play.

Pretty sure this isn't the right place to ask, but this morning (after leaving my computer on all night, first time in awhile) I saw some random java certification check. I clicked 'no' to dismiss it and quickly ran Malwarebytes. Apparently I have spyware.zeus file located on Chivalry Medieval Warfare folder in my main Steam folder (named as testshellex.exe). I'm not sure how I got infected, and this is the first time since I had this computer that I've ever picked up on something through anti-virus/spyware scan. Anyone else run into this problem with Chivalry? Tried google searching for 'testshellex.exe' pointed me to bunch of Russian sites.

Greenlight always makes me feel bad. I'll see some seemingly well crafted point-n-click puzzle game but I don't really play those so do I say "No" and shut down some guy's dreams and hard work or lie and say "Yes" about a game I'll never, ever buy?

On the plus side, I have no compunction about shutting down the 790th God damn 8-bit looking retro-indie platformer/sidescroller. Move on, people!

[quote name='Syntax Error']Greenlight always makes me feel bad. I'll see some seemingly well crafted point-n-click puzzle game but I don't really play those so do I say "No" and shut down some guy's dreams and hard work or lie and say "Yes" about a game I'll never, ever buy?

On the plus side, I have no compunction about shutting down the 790th God damn 8-bit looking retro-indie platformer/sidescroller. Move on, people![/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I feel awful saying 'No' to games outside of my tastes and I don't really know if I should just be honest about whether or not I'd buy something or just take an outside-looking-in approach and say 'Yes' to stuff that looks solid but that I'll never ever pay money for.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Exactly.

I feel awful saying 'No' to games outside of my tastes and I don't really know if I should just be honest about whether or not I'd buy something or just take an outside-looking-in approach and say 'Yes' to stuff that looks solid but that I'll never ever pay money for.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I always look at Greenlight as if the games were part of an indie bundle. I think to myself "If this were in a Groupees Build-A-Bundle, would I buy it?" Since I usually pay bottom dollar for my games on Steam (75% or more off) I think "Okay if this were $4.99 on Steam and it was 75% off, would I buy it for $1.25?"

By lowering my expectations of price, I can usually find a fair amount of games I'm interested in on Greenlight, even if at first glance I think "I would never buy this".

But again, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Greenlight always makes me feel bad. I'll see some seemingly well crafted point-n-click puzzle game but I don't really play those so do I say "No" and shut down some guy's dreams and hard work or lie and say "Yes" about a game I'll never, ever buy?

On the plus side, I have no compunction about shutting down the 790th God damn 8-bit looking retro-indie platformer/sidescroller. Move on, people![/QUOTE]

Just vote how you feel, if it's an awesome game, there should be enough fans of the genre to support it. I personally enjoy retro 8-bit platformers, I never play them, but I do enjoy buying them.

Sorry if this looks funky. I'm at work and pasted it in from Word.

Fixed, but I had to wait until break to do it. :p

[quote name='jshackles']Adding the graph or history itself might be kind of hard, but adding a link to redirect you to the SteamGameSales.com history page for that game wouldn't be difficult at all.

Just adding their "lowest price" to the page should be pretty easy to do also.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. Searching on that site is a pain in the as because it's SLOW. I know I can just take the url to the game on Steam and change it from steampowered.com/ to steamgamesales.com/ but I am lazy and all for one click buttons.

Lowest price (on Steam) and when would also be useful just to get a quick at a glance idea of is this a deal or should I wait.

I do need the date too though. I mean if some Lucas stuff hasn’t been 75% off since 2010 well it probably ain’t gonna happen again soon.

If something looks even halfway interesting I can genuinely say I will be it when it’s on sale/in a bundle
and then put it in my backlog and never play it.
[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Exactly. I feel awful saying 'No' to games outside of my tastes and I don't really know if I should just be honest about whether or not I'd buy something or just take an outside-looking-in approach and say 'Yes' to stuff that looks solid but that I'll never ever pay money for.[/QUOTE]

Someone at Valve made a vague reference once to ‘genre weighting’ so I think they are taking more niche stuff into consideration too and not expecting it to get the same votes and the umpteenth generic zombie game. Supposedly.

[quote name='jshackles']Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I always look at Greenlight as if the games were part of an indie bundle. I think to myself "If this were in a Groupees Build-A-Bundle, would I buy it?" Since I usually pay bottom dollar for my games on Steam (75% or more off) I think "Okay if this were $4.99 on Steam and it was 75% off, would I buy it for $1.25?"

By lowering my expectations of price, I can usually find a fair amount of games I'm interested in on Greenlight, even if at first glance I think "I would never buy this".

But again, maybe I'm doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

That’s how I see it too. If something is cheap enough I’ll buy almost anything. I mean I think most of us, maybe The End aside , have some games in our library that we probably never thought we would have bought.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Just vote how you feel, if it's an awesome game, there should be enough fans of the genre to support it. I personally enjoy retro 8-bit platformers,[/QUOTE]

Well there are definitely some genres that will never get as much attention. But I get annoyed when people say a game doesn’t belong on Steam, particularly with the more casual stuff. I like some of that stuff and there’s already a fair bit on Steam. I realize the Call of Duty crowd is never going to be buying Nancy Drew but I think it’s a bit much to say what does and doesn’t belong on Steam based on the genre alone.

I never play them, but I do enjoy buying them.

A man after my own heart.
:rofl:

[quote name='Motoki']Sorry if this looks funky. I'm at work and pasted it in from Word. :p[/QUOTE]
We know that you did it on purpose. :^o

I have gone through and clicked NO on every single game on Greenlight. There are none left.

Because fuck indie games.

Really though, Valve would be moronic if it didn't track yes votes on Greenlight against actual purchases. It can't be that huge a moneymaker because tons of them just give steam keys to previous buyers. That has to eat in to profits.

[quote name='Motoki']Well there are definitely some genres that will never get as much attention. But I get annoyed when people say a game doesn’t belong on Steam, particularly with the more casual stuff. I like some of that stuff and there’s already a fair bit on Steam. I realize the Call of Duty crowd is never going to be buying Nancy Drew but I think it’s a bit much to say what does and doesn’t belong on Steam based on the genre alone.

A man after my own heart.
:rofl:[/QUOTE]

You can always copy and paste it into Notepad first, it'll drop all the font stuff and paste as just plain text. I tend to type a lot of official documents at work, and copying it from word makes the font huge, so I've taken to pasting it to Notepad and copying it from there.

I am a fan of options. I might never play Nancy Drew, but I'd like to have the option to someday. I never planned to buy an RTS until I bought one last week, and I've been gaming for 24 years. That said, the solution to the genre thing is for Steam to pick the top ten from each base genre, not for users to be tossing out pity votes for a game they don't want and won't play.

GMG is already accepting preorders for The Cave (Steam key). It's 14.99, and with GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK you can get it for 12.00.

[quote name='poxi']Replay bundle is live
http://www.indieroyale.com/

meh.[/QUOTE]

The only one there I am at all interested in is Gemini Rue - I've missed the previous bundles it's been in. Gonna have to pass on this one again.

[quote name='Therapy']I made two giveaways:
http://www.galagiveaways.com/GA/1359108f580711e2a147e976768cf6b2 (New site from IndieGala)
[/QUOTE]

I've tried to sign up for this a few times now and keep getting "Not Enough Steam Games" when I go through verification. I've set everything in my steam profile to public and waited half hour. Refreshed the Gala page etc. I have 195 steam games - I know it's not a lot compared to some of you guys.. but come on! lol

[quote name='glennfrank']The only one there I am at all interested in is Gemini Rue - I've missed the previous bundles it's been in. Gonna have to pass on this one again.[/QUOTE]

Same. I don't want to pay $4.50 for Gemini Rue, though. Haha. Maybe I (and you, if you're so inclined) will be able to find someone trying to offload that particular key for a buck or so.

[quote name='Malibuz0r']Anyone know if "Lord of the Rings: War in the North" at Gamestop is the cheapest right now? Is it worth getting?[/QUOTE]

It helps if you tell us the price.

[quote name='oman19']Hmmm Postal 2 Complete intrigues me...Any opinions?

edit: Hmmm Never seen Solar 2 either and that seems like an interesting concept as well.[/QUOTE]

Postal 2 is a real fucked up game, both in atmosphere and gameplay. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy it, but I feel like it should be at 75% off.

Edit: To be less vague: the load times suck, and it's a game obsessed with being as offensive as possible with crude humor and situations. It's something you'll probably play once, and go "Wow". It won't be a staple.

Gemini Rue was already in a bundle twice. BiaB was 99 cents even I think. Where were you guys?

Funny thing is, I actually bought it right as soon as it hit Steam....then a couple of hours later it went live in Indie Royale. :wall:

[quote name='Broken Cage']You can always copy and paste it into Notepad first, it'll drop all the font stuff and paste as just plain text. I tend to type a lot of official documents at work, and copying it from word makes the font huge, so I've taken to pasting it to Notepad and copying it from there.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know but notepad always leaves out the carriage returns and then I have to sit there with CAG open and manually add them all which is a pain but the alternative from Word, as I found, is much worse!

I am a fan of options. I might never play Nancy Drew, but I'd like to have the option to someday. I never planned to buy an RTS until I bought one last week, and I've been gaming for 24 years. That said, the solution to the genre thing is for Steam to pick the top ten from each base genre, not for users to be tossing out pity votes for a game they don't want and won't play.

The Nancy Drew games actually are quite decent for that genre if one can get the hell over the name (just say it's for 'the girlfriend'). They're a lot better than your average Big Fish casual game and have much better production values. I still realize they aren't everyone's thing though and that's okay.

[quote name='louiedog']Midweek Madness

Spec Ops: The Line at 75% off ($7.49)

Solar 2 at 75% off ($2.49)

Daily

Postal 2 Complete at 50% off ($7.49 or $22.49 for a 4-pack)[/QUOTE]

Solar could be interesting.

BTW, on a totally unrelated note and not to be nosy (okay, to be nosy! :p) but how the heck do you own The Journey Down on Steam when it's not available for sale yet? I thought maybe Indie Royale and/or Desura was giving out Steam keys but I checked and didn't see any there yet.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Same. I don't want to pay $4.50 for Gemini Rue, though. Haha. Maybe I (and you, if you're so inclined) will be able to find someone trying to offload that particular key for a buck or so.[/QUOTE]

I only have Gemini Rue from the pack, and I'm not sure the rest of the pack is worth it even selling for a buck. $1.50, maybe.

How is Nuclear Dawn? Is it active? How about Defense Grid?

I keep waiting for Steam to update their Nancy Drew package to include the newer games, but eventually I'm going to have to bite on that pack, since I do enjoy those types of games.

On Greenlight, I typically just vote yes for anything that looks good. For a buck or two, I'll give just about any game a try, it'll more than likely captivate me for at least a half hour.

[quote name='Motoki']BTW, on a totally unrelated note and not to be nosy (okay, to be nosy! :p) but how the heck do you own The Journey Down on Steam when it's not available for sale yet? I thought maybe Indie Royale and/or Desura was giving out Steam keys but I checked and didn't see any there yet.[/QUOTE]

It was in the IR Summer Bundle that I bought for Gundemonium Collection (shump) -- one of the two/three IRs I bought.

Edit: NVM, I own it from there, but no steam key.

[quote name='Motoki']
BTW, on a totally unrelated note and not to be nosy (okay, to be nosy! :p) but how the heck do you own The Journey Down on Steam when it's not available for sale yet? I thought maybe Indie Royale and/or Desura was giving out Steam keys but I checked and didn't see any there yet.[/QUOTE]

The dev gave away beta keys on twitter. There was a Win 8 crashing issue the last time I checked so I haven't been able to try it out. It's been a week though. Maybe this evening I'll give it a go. If it's releasing tomorrow I expect they've fixed it.

[quote name='louiedog']The dev gave away beta keys on twitter. There was a Win 8 crashing issue the last time I checked so I haven't been able to try it out. It's been a week though. Maybe this evening I'll give it a go.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay thanks. I thought I read that the IR buyers should get Steam keys but I'm assuming that won't happen until final release. I can wait. I was just nosy curious. ;)

For anyone wondering about Spec Ops:The Line, Put about 2 hours or so into it and so far the story is good; the rest of the game however....is kind of linear and boring to be honest. I'm thinking about just putting the difficulty on easy so I can run through this game and get to the "Amazing story" everyone talks about.

The biggest letdown is that every room is basically,"Hey there's a bunch of guys!" so you hide behind a wall and shoot a bunch of guys only to enter the next segment which surprise has a bunch of guys you need to hide behind a wall again and shoot.

It does have a story worth wanting to continue to play but it also feels like reading a good book and every couple of pages you have to stop and solve a Sudoku puzzle before you can continue.

But! if your a fan of hiding behind walls; well Spec Ops:Hiding Behind The Line is the game for you.

[quote name='Sophita']For anyone wondering about Spec Ops:The Line, Put about 2 hours or so into it and so far the story is good; the rest of the game however....is kind of linear and boring to be honest. I'm thinking about just putting the difficulty on easy so I can run through this game and get to the "Amazing story" everyone talks about.
The biggest letdown is that every room is basically,"Hey there's a bunch of guys!" so you hide behind a wall and shoot a bunch of guys only to enter the next segment which surprise has a bunch of guys you need to hide behind a wall again and shoot.

It does have a story worth wanting to continue to play but it also feels like reading a good book and every couple of pages you have to stop and solve a Sudoku puzzle before you can continue.

But! if your a fan of hiding behind walls; well Spec Ops:Hiding Behind The Line is the game for you.
[/QUOTE]

Go for it. I don't think you'll miss a thing playing on an easier difficulty. On normal, I hit a couple walls I bashed against for bit (I'm not a regular FPS/TPS player).

[quote name='Sophita']But! if your a fan of hiding behind walls; well Spec Ops:Hiding Behind The Line is the game for you.[/QUOTE]
That's not fair at all. Sometimes you have zip lines to ride down instead!

[quote name='zillionandnine']Same. I don't want to pay $4.50 for Gemini Rue, though. Haha. Maybe I (and you, if you're so inclined) will be able to find someone trying to offload that particular key for a buck or so.[/QUOTE]
Maybe! That sounds like something I'd have to put effort into though! :) Or maybe it'll show up in another bundle I am more interested in in the future..

[quote name='Motoki']Gemini Rue was already in a bundle twice. BiaB was 99 cents even I think. Where were you guys?[/QUOTE]

I think I was still doing most of my gaming on XBox360 at that point. I only re-started PC gaming this summer after a few year hiatus (MMO burnout).

[quote name='asheskitty']Go for it. I don't think you'll miss a thing playing on an easier difficulty. On normal, I hit a couple walls I bashed against for bit (I'm not a regular FPS/TPS player).[/QUOTE]
There is one thing you will miss by playing on an easier difficulty, the loading screens become a part of the experience later in the game, if you hardly die you won't get to see many of them.

If you hit a wall on normal, look for destructible items holding back sand. I was having trouble with a section out in the open, I happened to overthrow a grenade behind the enemy and it blew open a wall of sliding sand which killed all of them. Also look for opportunities to flank the enemy, I was having difficulty in the section right after you first get the sniper rifle when off to the left I noticed a building from which I could get the high ground and found it stocked with RPGs. If worse comes to worse, remember you can paint targets with the mouse button so that your squad mates will focus fire, if it is long range eventually Lupo will snipe him and if it is short range eventually Adams will hit him with a frag grenade. Also if you stay in one place long enough, usually an option to have your squad mate toss a flashbang grenade will be offered.

[quote name='asheskitty']Go for it. I don't think you'll miss a thing playing on an easier difficulty. On normal, I hit a couple walls I bashed against for bit (I'm not a regular FPS/TPS player).[/QUOTE]

I hit a couple of walls too in the game on Normal. For instance, I kept dying at the
yacht part, with the knife guy and the heavy gunner, and not much cover... chapter 13, I think?
... and I was stubborn and refused to change the difficulty even after the game asked me if I wanted to, ha.

[quote name='zillionandnine']I hit a couple of walls too in the game on Normal. For instance, I kept dying at the
yacht part, with the knife guy and the heavy gunner, and not much cover... chapter 13, I think?
... and I was stubborn and refused to change the difficulty even after the game asked me if I wanted to, ha.[/QUOTE]

Yes *that* part in Ch. 13 is the one that sticks out in my mind. Yes, I stubbornly pushed through it on normal. Nothing else came close. Yes, it kept asking me, multiple times.

[quote name='guardian_owl']There is one thing you will miss by playing on an easier difficulty, the loading screens become a part of the experience later in the game, if you hardly die you won't get to see many of them.
If you hit a wall on normal, look for destructible items holding back sand. I was having trouble with a section out in the open, I happened to overthrow a grenade behind the enemy and it blew open a wall of sliding sand which killed all of them. Also look for opportunities to flank the enemy, I was having difficulty in the section right after you first get the sniper rifle when off to the left I noticed a building from which I could get the high ground and found it stocked with RPGs. If worse comes to worse, remember you can paint targets with the mouse button so that your squad mates will focus fire, if it is long range eventually Lupo will snipe him and if it is short range eventually Adams will hit him with a frag grenade. Also if you stay in one place long enough, usually an option to have your squad mate toss a flashbang grenade will be offered.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, the loading screens when you die. =) Thanks, good tips; I was aware of those. Ah yes, that section right after you get the sniper rifle caused me a little bit of trouble.

What I'm working on:

DdznX.png

Since SteamGameSales.com is pretty slow, you load the game page on Steam then wait for it to show up. :) I might add a "Hold on fetching the lowest price..." to it before it loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back