The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheLongshot']The description always makes me think of the board game Galaxy Trucker. I think the ship view reminds me of that.[/QUOTE]

It's actually very similar to a board game besides the combat which is somewhat real time.

[quote name='Broken Cage']I'm at the point where my mind becomes fragmented when I try to decide on what to play. I'm thinking I might try to play I Am Alive, but then there's Dead Rising 2: OTR that I've already sunk four hours into. That's not to mention the hulking beast that has become Civ 5. I still haven't won a match, and I shaq-fu-like-you-wouldn't-believe hate not winning.

My backlog is just so big, I don't know where to start.[/QUOTE]

Why does this make me think of drew carey. My backlog is so big...there's still snow on it in the summer time. My backlog is so big, ships use it to find their way into the harbor. My backlog is so big there was once a movie called Godzilla vs my backlog.

[quote name='warreni']Somebody tell Motoki; he wanted a Desura sale on this so badly he posted a comment on the game's page.[/QUOTE]

Weirdest comment I saw was someone who wanted it on Desura and *not* on GoG. I wasn't aware of GoG-hating Desura fanboys.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah whining on the internet. Who knew?

I know! I'll whine about the whining! Oh wait, you already did that.[/QUOTE]

It's what I'd like to call "Whirony"

[quote name='asheskitty']They are games; play whatever you enjoy most at the moment.[/QUOTE]

They're games? Really? Are you sure about that? I've been thinking they were pancakes. I mean, they're round like pancakes. Are you sure they're not pancakes? Now you've got me worried, I had pancakes for breakfast!

And play what I enjoy most? God, you've cracked the code. I thought I was supposed to play the ones I hated most! I wish I weren't so dumb so everything was simple easy like that.

I know I'm being a dick, but you oughta change your user name to condescendingkitty. I've got a couple hundred games in my backlog, and a desire to play them all. I, unfortunately, lack the ability to determine which game I'm going to enjoy most without playing them. You could say which genre I enjoy most, but that assumes I only own one title per genre, which isn't the case. Hell, just for GTA Clones I have: Just Cause, Just Cause 2, The Godfather II, Sleeping Dogs, and that's just what I can remember off of the top of my head. (Is Wheelman with Vin Diesel a GTA Clone? If so, add that.)

[quote name='plft']On the backlog topic, I'm trying out playing one game from each letter in order. I wonder how long I'll stick to that though.[/QUOTE]

I've sorted them by their Metacritic ratings, highest to lowest. I find myself frequently skipping over titles, though, due to length or just a general lack of interest. The first two titles on the list are Wii games (Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess), and I just can't bring myself to sit in front of the Wii. Edit: And I'm not bashing the Wii, I love Punch-Out, I'm just not big on motion controls.

[quote name='keroppilee']Why does this make me think of drew carey. My backlog is so big...there's still snow on it in the summer time. My backlog is so big, ships use it to find their way into the harbor. My backlog is so big there was once a movie called Godzilla vs my backlog.[/QUOTE]

You ever listen to Kevin Smith's Hollywood Babble-On? They have an entire segment at the end dedicated to jokes about how big Liam Neesan is.

[quote name='Broken Cage']They're games? Really? Are you sure about that? I've been thinking they were pancakes. I mean, they're round like pancakes. Are you sure they're not pancakes? Now you've got me worried, I had pancakes for breakfast!

And play what I enjoy most? God, you've cracked the code. I thought I was supposed to play the ones I hated most! I wish I weren't so dumb so everything was simple easy like that.

I know I'm being a dick, but you oughta change your user name to condescendingkitty. I've got a couple hundred games in my backlog, and a desire to play them all. I, unfortunately, lack the ability to determine which game I'm going to enjoy most without playing them. You could say which genre I enjoy most, but that assumes I only own one title per genre, which isn't the case. Hell, just for GTA Clones I have: Just Cause, Just Cause 2, The Godfather II, Sleeping Dogs, and that's just what I can remember off of the top of my head. (Is Wheelman with Vin Diesel a GTA Clone? If so, add that.)
[/QUOTE]

Careful. She'll gun you down in a drive-by. Remember: she's from the streets.

[quote name='TheLongshot']The description always makes me think of the board game Galaxy Trucker. I think the ship view reminds me of that.[/QUOTE]
Galaxy Trucker is a fantastic game. It's a bit disheartening watching your ship get ripped to shreds... but watching others' ships get ripped to shreds makes up for it.

[quote name='asheskitty']Weirdest comment I saw was someone who wanted it on Desura and *not* on GoG. I wasn't aware of GoG-hating Desura fanboys.[/QUOTE]

Well, I understand why people like having client inventories. I won't cross the street to avoid a sale on a game that isn't on a client, but people have different ways of handling backlogs and I can respect that.

[quote name='Therapy']It's what I'd like to call "Whirony"[/QUOTE]

This has my vote for "comment of the day."

I just played through a part of The Walking Dead ep.3 and now I'm sad :(

Carley was finally gettin' the hots for me and then Lilly shot her in the face :'( ... I left that bitch behind on the road :mad:

[quote name='asheskitty']Weirdest comment I saw was someone who wanted it on Desura and *not* on GoG. I wasn't aware of GoG-hating Desura fanboys.[/QUOTE]

Ow lord, someone prefers it on Desura over GOG, GOG!!! Quick, call him a hating fanboy!!! (feel the dripping irony)

[quote name='Broken Cage']
I've sorted them by their Metacritic ratings, highest to lowest. I find myself frequently skipping over titles, though, due to length or just a general lack of interest. The first two titles on the list are Wii games (Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess), and I just can't bring myself to sit in front of the Wii. Edit: And I'm not bashing the Wii, I love Punch-Out, I'm just not big on motion controls.
[/QUOTE]

I stared going over my list of games alphabetically. but that just wouldn't work out (since I keep adding games I'd never play the bottom side of the list)

So I ended up creating an Excel file with the list of all PC games I own and assign a number on the left side. They are listed in order of purchase (as a I purchase new games I just add them to the bottom). On the top I have a simple random function. So when I need to pick a game to play I open the file, look at the top and play whatever is on the result of the random number. So far it's worked pretty good, and it gives all of the games the same chance to be played (I think of backlogged games as the toys from Toy Story 3, they exist to be played with! and if you don't play with them, they get depressed). Of course, you have to commit to playing the random game for it to work. Once you're bored, or done with the game, you move it to a 'Played' sheet.

So far I've gotten Anomaly WE (got bored after half of it) -> Limbo (finished) -> Aquaria (finished) -> Mount & Blade (almost skipped it, but I'm glad I didn't, it's awesome)

[quote name='erequena']Blah, blah, blah...[/QUOTE]
Apropos of nothing, I only "found" Cow & Boy this spring and now that it's ended (in the papers) am trying to tear through the syndicated archives in fear that they'll disappear off the net :lol:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Careful. She'll gun you down in a drive-by. Remember: she's from the streets.[/QUOTE]

This one gets another :lol: mainly because of how small kitchen windows are in campers.

Just joking. Don't shoot me, asheskitty; there are still too many games that aren't in my backlog. And I usually play games sorted by small file sizes. Get the short ones out of the way first, then move onto more time-consuming games.

[quote name='erequena']I stared going over my list of games alphabetically. but that just wouldn't work out (since I keep adding games I'd never play the bottom side of the list)

So I ended up creating an Excel file with the list of all PC games I own and assign a number on the left side. They are listed in order of purchase (as a I purchase new games I just add them to the bottom). On the top I have a simple random function. So when I need to pick a game to play I open the file, look at the top and play whatever is on the result of the random number. So far it's worked pretty good, and it gives all of the games the same chance to be played (I think of backlogged games as the toys from Toy Story 3, they exist to be played with! and if you don't play with them, they get depressed). Of course, you have to commit to playing the random game for it to work. Once you're bored, or done with the game, you move it to a 'Played' sheet.

So far I've gotten Anomaly WE (got bored after half of it) -> Limbo (finished) -> Aquaria (finished) -> Mount & Blade (almost skipped it, but I'm glad I didn't, it's awesome)[/QUOTE]

What do you do if you randomly pick a sequel to a game you haven't played yet? Far Cry 3, for example, I want to play it, but I've got to finish the first two, and Far Cry is hard. I can't just run and gun through it like it was CoD or something. Do you let yourself "reroll" in that scenario?

I do really like that idea, though. It's like a video game lottery. I'd have to create a second spreadsheet, though. I just keep an excel of all of them with a box for finished that I mark yes, no end, or leave blank.

I've learned from this thread that you know you have a problem when the solution to your problem is spreadsheets.

[quote name='Sophita']I've learned from this thread that you know you have a problem when the solution to your problem is spreadsheets.[/QUOTE]

This. When I get to the point that a spreadsheet tells me how to have fun and spend my time, I will know that somewhere I have failed horribly.

I have a huge backlog like the rest of you but I've just grown to accept it. I like buying games and I don't have time to play them all. I usually just play one I'm interested in at that time. Spreadsheets would make it feel like work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The joke is that a bunch of gaming enthusiasts are passing judgement on other gaming enthusiasts. You're right guys, not using spreadsheets makes you fucking gods. We bow before your greatness.

(And for the record, the spreadsheets are a good way to keep the games organized. I have a spreadsheet of all the DVDs and Blu-Rays I own, too. Sorry if this offends you.)

Few questions guys.

1. If you ever played LOTR: War in the north.. How would you rate it?
2. Anyone know if Gamestop has it for the cheapest right now? 10$.
3. Is it worth every dollar?

[quote name='Broken Cage']I, unfortunately, lack the ability to determine which game I'm going to enjoy most without playing them. You could say which genre I enjoy most, but that assumes I only own one title per genre, which isn't the case. [/QUOTE]

My suggestion is to focus on three games at a time:

Game 1: An rpg/action/adventure type game with something of a plot and a definitive ending. Goal is to complete the "story" of the game. This helps give you some sense of satisfaction from accomplishment, thanks to a clear cut long term goal.

Game 2: A previously completed game 1, only now you are focused on side quests/completion/screwing around/achievement whoring. Depending on the amount of time you have at a gaming session, pick an appropriate goal for a single/few sessions. Smaller sense of accomplishment, but lower time investment.

Game 3: puzzle/shmup/platformer or anything else with clearly defined levels/checkpoints. This is your fallback to only having a short time to play, or needing a quick break from something else. Goal is one to two more checkpoint/levels, time less than 10m.

[quote name='warreni']Somebody tell Motoki; he wanted a Desura sale on this so badly he posted a comment on the game's page.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='warreni']Well, I understand why people like having client inventories. I won't cross the street to avoid a sale on a game that isn't on a client, but people have different ways of handling backlogs and I can respect that.
[/QUOTE]

Bought. Thanks for pointing that out.

And I definitely would much rather have a game on Desura than GOG. I don't buy games on GOG anymore. I have way too many now. I need to client.

I mean, I'm glad I got my D&D stuff from them and all (though I still wouldn't complain if the Baldur's relaunch showed up on Steam) but give me a choice of a client that I regularly use anyway for a lot of indie games or no client at all and I will take the client every time.

[quote name='Malibuz0r']Few questions guys.

3. Is it worth every dollar?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has had it in bundles for much cheaper, and I am pretty sure by itself it has been $5 or less. I'd say it is definitely worth a fiver, especially if you can get a couple other people and play co-op/MP.

If I remember right, LOTR: War in the North was in a 10$ bundle in amazon.com with 2 other games.

[quote name='travathian']My suggestion is to focus on three games at a time:

Game 1: An rpg/action/adventure type game with something of a plot and a definitive ending. Goal is to complete the "story" of the game. This helps give you some sense of satisfaction from accomplishment, thanks to a clear cut long term goal.

Game 2: A previously completed game 1, only now you are focused on side quests/completion/screwing around/achievement whoring. Depending on the amount of time you have at a gaming session, pick an appropriate goal for a single/few sessions. Smaller sense of accomplishment, but lower time investment.

Game 3: puzzle/shmup/platformer or anything else with clearly defined levels/checkpoints. This is your fallback to only having a short time to play, or needing a quick break from something else. Goal is one to two more checkpoint/levels, time less than 10m.[/QUOTE]

Or if you have multiple systems, such as myself, you play one game on the PC and one game on Consoles. That works surprisingly well because I have about as many console games as steam games so I should finish both backlogs around the same time... in maybe... 10 years from now.

I got my copy on Green Man Gaming for $4 on 8/17/2012, so it's certainly been cheaper.

[quote name='Flowette']It's a roguelikelike space sim, I'm not sure if you CAN find anything to judge it against.

The best port of call is YouTube to look at some "Let's Play" videos as they'll give a good idea of what FTL is about.

For me? Highly recommended. Some will hate it though.[/QUOTE]

I watched the WTF for it. The biscuitman seemed pretty into it. Still wasn't convinced.

[quote name='plft']I'm still hoping for the demo of FTL to come out. Tempted at $5 again though. Also it's $5 at the dev's site, which gives steam+drm free. http://www.ftlgame.com/

From the FTL site.[/QUOTE]

A demo would be awesome!

[quote name='nny']This is the game I've played most similar to FTL: http://www.desura.com/games/weird-worlds-return-to-infinite-space

It was in an Indie Royale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have that and apparently it now activates on Steam? So I DLed that and will try to give it a go soon.

I kind of want I Get This Call Every Day to get greenlit, even though I've worked in crappy call centers to the point of having PTSD and don't think I could ever play it.

I think I have to buy it from the dev anyway though out of pity because the dude still works in that awful call center!

I Get This Call Every Day was released on December 21st, 2012 and is currently available for sale directly from davidsgallant.com. Pay as little as $2, or increase your contribution to help support David escape the day job that inspired the game.

There's an interesting Kotaku article about it too called I'm glad I played this depressing game about working in a call center.

637x358.resizedimage

Exactly what it says on the box - a lightly filtered experienced pulled from the creator's day job in a customer service call centre, made interactive in a point-&-click format. Lose politely, or lose spectacularly - the choice is yours.

• A branching narrative pulled from personal experience.
  • Over 250 lines of fully-voiced dialogue.
  • Terrible art conveys a terrible work environment. :rofl:
  • A brief, digestible piece of audible interactive fiction.
  • Featuring the song Self-Discovery and Other Broad Generalities by Pete Mascio, from the album I Am Alphabet Jim.
I'd rather play a game like this - admittedly not fun, and even kind of ugly-looking - than play most triple-A games out there.
- Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku

Is it fun? I suppose not. Is it worthy? Yes.
- Kevin VanOrd

Gallant does such a good job capturing the experience of being a low-level cubicled office drone, and he does so in a way that is (believe it or not) unfiltered and unexaggerated.
- Chloi Rad, IndieStatik

With all the AAA studios aiming for "realism" every year, I get the sense that David's game is one of the most realistic I've ever played.
- Matt Rix, creator of Trainyard

It's like MS Paint blew its load all over my eyes... and it burned a lot.
- Sara Gross, artist (Cook, Serve, Delicious!, KRUNCH)

1, I havn't beat it yet, I'm like 6 hours but I have to say up to this point I'd rate it a solid 9.5/10

2. They have it the cheapest price right now but it has been as low as $4-$5

3. I would drop $10 on it for sure knowing what I know now. It has to be in the top 5 if not best co-op RPG out there. Probably the best way I can describe it is co-op Dragon Age Origins, kinda mixed with Trine for its 3 character aspect.

[quote name='Motoki']I kind of want I Get This Call Every Day to get greenlit, even though I've worked in crappy call centers to the point of having PTSD and don't think I could ever play it.

I think I have to buy it from the dev anyway though out of pity because the dude still works in that awful call center!
[/QUOTE]

Interesting. If I like Skyrim should I play this game?

^^ I've heard LOTR:WitN can be a hassle to get working in co-op. Might be thinking of another title.

Bit o' bitterness goin' on in this thread... Even though I don't use spreadsheets for my backlog, I'm not down on them in general, but the point seems to be if gaming as a pastime is stressing you out, might be time to reevaluate. Of course, if you're just venting on a intrawebs forums—unheard of!—good times.

I bumped The Darkness II and Spec Ops: the Line to the front of my backlog (and finished them) mostly because of all the talk I'd heard about them on here. It also helps that I'd heard they were short. And 100% achievements aren't ridiculously hard. travathian's suggestion seems solid, too.

This thread is turning out to become quite depressing, what with all this talk about handling backlog and jabberin' at each other about it :p

Myself, I don't really have a strategy. I just pick a game I think I'll be into at the time and play that. If I get bored, I pick another. Simple as that.

As for spreadsheets: they're damn handy. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of my music CD collection. 631 and counting :D

[quote name='Broken Cage']What do you do if you randomly pick a sequel to a game you haven't played yet? Far Cry 3, for example, I want to play it, but I've got to finish the first two, and Far Cry is hard. I can't just run and gun through it like it was CoD or something. Do you let yourself "reroll" in that scenario?

I do really like that idea, though. It's like a video game lottery. I'd have to create a second spreadsheet, though. I just keep an excel of all of them with a box for finished that I mark yes, no end, or leave blank.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, neither of the Far Cry games are really connected to each other story-wise. So if that's what keeping you from playing FC3 I think you'll be safe.

It's ok if you have someone to play with. If you don't hit any bugs, I'd put it at a 7.5. If you hit the Mirkwood bug, or one of several bugs, you can't finish the game. The Mirkwood bug is unfortunately near the end. And it happened to me on PS3.

[quote name='louiedog']Interesting. If I like Skyrim should I play this game?[/QUOTE]

Well they both let you live out another life in a harsh environment. ;)

Is Ravaged fun?

It has a Metacritic score of 65 (not great), but has (partial) controller support - which I like.

Is it worth a free (weekend) download? Vehicles play a big role in it - is it like a poor man's Battlefield 3?

[quote name='Bizzquik']Is Ravaged fun?

It has a Metacritic score of 65 (not great), but has (partial) controller support - which I like.

Is it worth a free (weekend) download? Vehicles play a big role in it - is it like a poor man's Battlefield 3?[/QUOTE]

If you're even going as far as wondering if it's worth it to download and test it for free, it's probably not for you.

[quote name='Therapy']If you're even going as far as wondering if it's worth it to download and test it for free, it's probably not for you.[/QUOTE]

LoL. Uh, yeah....you're probably right. :lol:
Just wanted to know if it was anyone's cup of tea, I guess.

[quote name='dfg']^^ I've heard LOTR:WitN can be a hassle to get working in co-op. Might be thinking of another title.

Bit o' bitterness goin' on in this thread... Even though I don't use spreadsheets for my backlog, I'm not down on them in general, but the point seems to be if gaming as a pastime is stressing you out, might be time to reevaluate. Of course, if you're just venting on a intrawebs forums—unheard of!—good times.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not bitter towards them. I just see no point in talking down to other gamers or CAGs for that matter. It's not like the way I go about wasting my time can in some way be inferior to the way you go about wasting yours, so why talk shit about it? If I was in here throwing homophobic slurs and railing against women, sure, but because I'm indecisive about my backlog and use a spreadsheet? That's ridiculous.

It's not the hobby that stresses me out. It's that every time somebody talks about how great a game is (Spec Ops, Far Cry 3), I immediately want to be playing that game. So I've always got this impulse to play everything at once, and as a result, I frequently wind up playing nothing.

I think I'm going to give Trav's method a try, that actually sounds like a good way for me to go about satisfying all of my cravings at once.

[quote name='Therapy']If you're even going as far as wondering if it's worth it to download and test it for free, it's probably not for you.[/QUOTE]

Free, as in monetary cost, but not free as time invested. So I disagree. There are lots of "free" games by your definition, many of which are definitely not worth playing to me, nor even worth taking the time to download and try out based on what others have told me.

[quote name='Bizzquik']LoL. Uh, yeah....you're probably right. :lol:
Just wanted to know if it was anyone's cup of tea, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I beta tested it and couldn't find anyone to play with. It looked decent enough and felt like it would be fun if you could get a game going. I guess you could compare it to the earlier Battlefield games just in a sort of desert apocalypse setting. I might give it a go this weekend since there will hopefully be people to play with. Apparently my beta got upgraded to complete game so that was nice.

Edit:

Also, digging the thread title change to reflect the weekend deal.

[quote name='travathian']Free, as in monetary cost, but not free as time invested. So I disagree. There are lots of "free" games by your definition, many of which are definitely not worth playing to me, nor even worth taking the time to download and try out based on what others have told me.[/QUOTE]

While that is wonderful the best determinant on whether or not it will be enjoyable for that specific person is for them to actually test it. That will always be the best way even if you know someone with near identical tastes as you.

But also not worth the time downloading? You mean the couple of seconds that you are actually involved in the process? Unless you watch the thing download you are only going to 'waste' less than a minute on something that may be terrible. It would be dreadful to click a few buttons and then proceed to check CAG compared to simply checking CAG. Of course you do have to test it out and that takes time, but then again we play video games.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Is Ravaged fun?

Is it worth a free (weekend) download? Vehicles play a big role in it - is it like a poor man's Battlefield 3?[/QUOTE]
I haven't played it nor do I have interest, but all I can say is that it launched at $25, less than 3 months ago.

[quote name='Kaltic']While that is wonderful the best determinant on whether or not it will be enjoyable for that specific person is for them to actually test it. That will always be the best way even if you know someone with near identical tastes as you.

But also not worth the time downloading? You mean the couple of seconds that you are actually involved in the process? Unless you watch the thing download you are only going to 'waste' less than a minute on something that may be terrible. It would be dreadful to click a few buttons and then proceed to check CAG compared to simply checking CAG. Of course you do have to test it out and that takes time, but then again we play video games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. travathian other than the minimal amount of time it takes to do as descrived above, you seem to think it's a waste to invest time in games you don't like and I agree. But if you're doubting if it's gonna be fun or not (like Bizquick does) you won't know until you've tested it. And well, since it's free to test... he should go for it.

Of course it's ok to ask opinions about it as well.

Wouldn't it be a waste when you just skipped the game while it could have been really fun? Although what you don't know, doesn't hurt I guess.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Also, digging the thread title change to reflect the weekend deal.[/QUOTE]

I updated some OP formatting and games the last couple days. The Ravaged weekend seemed like the perfect time to see if PMing eastx works. :D

Some of us spend hours everyday in spreadsheets as part of our jobs.

As a result, we use spreadsheets in our lives (work and non-work) as 2nd nature. I track tons of things in my life with spreadsheets because I'm so accustomed to using them. And while they're not fun/lame/too geeky for some, for others they're the opposite. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back