The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='walkonshadows']What's that sound!?! OMG! Watch your head, it's a code drop!

Alien Shooter 2: Conscription
IQQWE-W3WG4-73QNH
Duke Nukem Forever
LQ8W4-FTHJP-XCIYA
Greed: Black Border
8WJ6F-95TJE-9GW0L
Magicka
3PM0H-ZGHDJ-WVZID
Trapped Dead
3K8PP-73X8I-KPN3Y
Trine
3W6PP-XZJQR-7PYQ2
Twin Sector
R6WHA-EM5RH-VP2DK
Victoria II:
3NE3I-GT388-06XED
Zombie Shooter
7FA63-9FN2R-FL6YH
[/QUOTE]

Darn. The two I didn't have were redeemed. Thanks though!

[quote name='walkonshadows']What's that sound!?! OMG! Watch your head, it's a code drop!

IQQWE-W3WG4-73QNH
Duke Nukem Forever
LQ8W4-FTHJP-XCIYA
8WJ6F-95TJE-9GW0L
Magicka
3PM0H-ZGHDJ-WVZID
Trapped Dead
3K8PP-73X8I-KPN3Y
Trine
3W6PP-XZJQR-7PYQ2
Twin Sector
R6WHA-EM5RH-VP2DK
Victoria II:
3NE3I-GT388-06XED
Zombie Shooter
7FA63-9FN2R-FL6YH
[/QUOTE]

Snagged Trine, thank you!

IQQWE-W3WG4-73QNH
Duke Nukem Forever
LQ8W4-FTHJP-XCIYA
8WJ6F-95TJE-9GW0L
Magicka
3PM0H-ZGHDJ-WVZID
Trapped Dead
3K8PP-73X8I-KPN3Y
Trine
3W6PP-XZJQR-7PYQ2
Twin Sector
R6WHA-EM5RH-VP2DK
Victoria II:
3NE3I-GT388-06XED
Zombie Shooter
7FA63-9FN2R-FL6YH
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, redeemed Twin Sector. DNF was lurked.

EDIT: Whoops, DNF was not lurked. My mistake.

Magicka
3PM0H-ZGHDJ-WVZID

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, snagged Magicka

IQQWE-W3WG4-73QNH
Duke Nukem Forever
LQ8W4-FTHJP-XCIYA
8WJ6F-95TJE-9GW0L
Magicka
3PM0H-ZGHDJ-WVZID
Trapped Dead
3K8PP-73X8I-KPN3Y
Trine
3W6PP-XZJQR-7PYQ2
Twin Sector
R6WHA-EM5RH-VP2DK
Victoria II:
3NE3I-GT388-06XED
Zombie Shooter
7FA63-9FN2R-FL6YH
[/QUOTE]
Got greed thx!

[quote name='oman19']Tempted to buy Sleeping Dogs. Might just wait for the summer sale.[/QUOTE]

If you decide to buy, you might wanna check the Steam Group Buy thread. There are still a few people there who bought it while it was glitch-priced a few weeks back. You should be able to find a copy for a few bucks less than you'd pay on steam.

[quote name='MysterD']"Immortal" by Clutch is that song - the reason why Contract isn't currently vailable anywhere anymore.
The contract (pun intended) never got renewed for that song.[/QUOTE]

Interesting how a song by one of my favorite bands is causing an issue.

[quote name='oman19']My brother in laws favorite band lol. I wonder why it didn't get renewed. Seems odd.[/QUOTE]

They are one of my favorite bands as well.

[quote name='Corpekata']They probably want too much money, and given the game isn't exactly selling much these days, Square didn't want to pay. Same reason as GTA. Record company wants too much for an MJ song, so Rockstar removed it rather than pay the license fee.[/QUOTE]

Even if Clutch wanted to they can't since the record label that made the copyright is Atlantic and Clutch now operate under their own label, Weathermaker records, and do not hold the copyright to this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiimIwGVAQQ

I'm glad to hear that it has been worked out and now an HD collection is coming out soon for consoles. :) Hopefully, it makes it to PC.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I'm glad to hear that it has been worked out and now an HD collection is coming out soon for consoles. :) Hopefully, it makes it to PC.[/QUOTE]

It was on PC and Digital Download. I bought Contracts off Gamefly (at a good price) slightly before/after it got pulled. Hopefully it's simply matter of making that version available for sale again. (I seriously doubt PC will ever see an "HD" re-release, not that it should matter much for us.)

Well, this is weird.

If anyone was looking to buy the Dragon Master Pack for Sleeping Dogs, it looks like it was altered. It previously came with all five preorder packs but now only comes with three; the Deep Undercover and Martial Arts packs have been removed from this bundle for some reason. The description on the page still lists all five, though.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18089/

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Well, this is weird.

If anyone was looking to buy the Dragon Master Pack for Sleeping Dogs, it looks like it was altered. It previously came with all five preorder packs but now only comes with three; the Deep Undercover and Martial Arts packs have been removed from this bundle for some reason. The description on the page still lists all five, though.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18089/[/QUOTE]
I bought that pack during the Christmas sale (when it still had all 5 items) and stored it in my inventory.

Now the copy in my inventory only contains 3 items. :bomb:

[quote name='Detruire']I bought that pack during the Christmas sale (when it still had all 5 items) and stored it in my inventory.

Now the copy in my inventory only contains 3 items. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

If it contained 5 items when you bought it, it most likely will give you 5 items when you redeem it.

There have been previous cases where bundles stored in inventory appeared to have changed to match the current store bundle, but when activated provided everything that was originally in the pack when bought.

[quote name='u.v.bunny']If it contained 5 items when you bought it, it most likely will give you 5 items when you redeem it.

There have been previous cases where bundles stored in inventory appeared to have changed to match the current store bundle, but when activated provided everything that was originally in the pack when bought.[/QUOTE]
That's somewhat reassuring, so hopefully that is the case. I guess all that leaves is for me to figure out what other DLC I should activate. :cold:

[quote name='asheskitty']It was on PC and Digital Download. I bought Contracts off Gamefly (at a good price) slightly before/after it got pulled. Hopefully it's simply matter of making that version available for sale again. (I seriously doubt PC will ever see an "HD" re-release, not that it should matter much for us.)[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, too - as usually PC version is of the highest-quality to begin with.
It's the console-versions that normally get chopped-down (i.e. less graphic features and lower-texture quality).

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Well, this is weird.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18089/[/QUOTE]

Well damn. Still fine with the $2 price tho.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']How are the controls for Sleeping Dogs with a mouse and keyboard? Is it one of those games that needs a gamepad?[/QUOTE]
I can't really speak on this - b/c I used a gamepad.

The game does NOT allow for swapping movements over to Cursor keys (Up, Down, Left, Right). I used a gamepad - b/c I'm left-handed.
The combat w/ the gamepad felt a lot similar to that of say Batman: Arkham Asylum + Arkham City.

I don't like WSAD for movement. That's what the game had it set to, by default. And since you can't move the commands over to Cursors - so, gamepad it was for me.

EDIT:
Ummm...why not try the demo out and see how you like the controls?

[quote name='MysterD']I can't really speak on this - b/c I used a gamepad.

The game does NOT allow for swapping movements over to Cursor keys (Up, Down, Left, Right). I used a gamepad - b/c I'm left-handed.
The combat w/ the gamepad felt a lot similar to that of say Batman: Arkham Asylum + Arkham City.

I don't like WSAD for movement. That's what the game had it set to, by default. And since you can't move the commands over to Cursors - so, gamepad it was for me.

EDIT:
Ummm...why not try the demo out and see how you like the controls?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I've had the demo downloading but I wasn't sure if there were things in the game that aren't in the demo that caused issues for some people.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']Thanks for the input. I've had the demo downloading but I wasn't sure if there were things in the game that aren't in the demo that caused issues for some people.[/QUOTE]

The demo runs you through a pretty representative sample of the game. The only major thing the demo doesn't do is driving (fairly standard GTA/SR3 type driving). That said I took taxis a lot (timesaver).

For your own personal enjoyment, I bring you shiny yellow-colored keys for Edgeterritory II.

PC:
KBCBB-BFFWC-HKXBT-3TBTJ-9XZ3C
C35TB-ZWFCW-HCF3T-TTBTJ-RHWT6

I have no clue, but those appear to be Borderlands 2 Shift keys.

EDIT: oh, Edgeterritory II = Borderlands II. It took me a few minutes to figure it out. This dispite the fact that I spotted the keys as borderlands 2 keys right away. What can I say, I'm an idiot sometimes. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']Less than two hours old. I'll admit, I still don't get it. Edge because of the cell shaded graphics?[/QUOTE]
Edge as in Border.

[quote name='Mooby']I've gotten too lazy to redeem those things -- if only you could copy/paste.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? To a redemption page on a website or something instead of in-game?

If you're talking about not being able to copy & paste it into the in-game redemption, all you gotta do is do Ctrl+C to copy & Ctrl+V to paste.

[quote name='asheskitty']It looks like licensing with Hitman: Contracts will be sorted very soon.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, it comes out on Tuesday and I would of thought if they were bringing back vanilla Contracts to PC they would of done it on Hitman day on Steam. Since they had to rebuild it they probably just replaced the music with a different song and thus we are screwed out of a PC version. Such a shame as Traditions of the Trade (set in a hotel) is one of the most enjoyable missions of the franchise.

For sleeping dogs? Its there much of a collection or addictive element to the game? Say Vice Cities businesses or multiple safe houses? Cars to collect etc? Wealth to accum? I'm thinking of getting it. Is exploration rewarded?

IQQWE-W3WG4-73QNH
Duke Nukem Forever
LQ8W4-FTHJP-XCIYA
8WJ6F-95TJE-9GW0L
Magicka
3PM0H-ZGHDJ-WVZID
Trapped Dead
3K8PP-73X8I-KPN3Y
Trine
3W6PP-XZJQR-7PYQ2
Twin Sector
R6WHA-EM5RH-VP2DK
Victoria II:
3NE3I-GT388-06XED
Zombie Shooter
7FA63-9FN2R-FL6YH
[/QUOTE]

FYI, the Victoria II key is already redeemed. Thanks, though!

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']For sleeping dogs? Its there much of a collection or addictive element to the game? Say Vice Cities businesses or multiple safe houses? Cars to collect etc? Wealth to accum? I'm thinking of getting it. Is exploration rewarded?[/QUOTE]

I would say so. A lot of the achievements are based on collecting all the cars, amassing a certain amount of wealth, winning so much money in cock fights, and trying every food dish offered in the entire city. I enjoyed all those aspects of it.

[quote name='Genocidal']Most people disagree with me and say you need a controller, but I thought it controlled just fine with KB+M.[/QUOTE]

It controls great with keyboard/mouse, although you may have to change a few of the key bindings around (I use a Logitech G700 and Logitech Setpoint which fixed any issues I had with the key bindings). The aiming accuracy with guns is perfect with mouse. They were good enough that they made me not want to play it with a controller.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I don't know, it comes out on Tuesday and I would of thought if they were bringing back vanilla Contracts to PC they would of done it on Hitman day on Steam. Since they had to rebuild it they probably just replaced the music with a different song and thus we are screwed out of a PC version. Such a shame as Traditions of the Trade (set in a hotel) is one of the most enjoyable missions of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

I think you're being overly pessimistic. More factually, the PS3 & 360 HD re-release is certainly more $$$ important to them, and they wouldn't want to overshadow it by re-releasing the PC version of Contracts first. At this point PC version would certainly be more of an secondary priority/afterthought. At this point we don't even know if they re-licensed or changed the soundtrack, but we will soon. It was released on PC, so any avid fan can hunt down a used copy.

[quote name='Mooby']I've gotten too lazy to redeem those things -- if only you could copy/paste.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The End']What do you mean? To a redemption page on a website or something instead of in-game?

If you're talking about not being able to copy & paste it into the in-game redemption, all you gotta do is do Ctrl+C to copy & Ctrl+V to paste.[/QUOTE]

You can copy-paste Shift codes. Sometimes, you might have to use the keyboard to navigate to enter the Shift code, else the cursor doesn't show up.

[quote name='asheskitty']I think you're being overly pessimistic. More factually, the PS3 & 360 HD re-release is certainly more $$$ important to them, and they wouldn't want to overshadow it by re-releasing the PC version of Contracts first. At this point PC version would certainly be more of an secondary priority/afterthought. At this point we don't even know if they re-licensed or changed the soundtrack, but we will soon. It was released on PC, so any avid fan can hunt down a used copy.[/QUOTE]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitman-Cont...8283?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337bf9c3eb

Not that bad of a price for something that's technically "out of print"

I've copied/pasted all of my codes but sometimes it's flaky, refuses to acknowledge my pasting and gives me an error.

One of these days I'll need to actually play BL 2 and not just collect Shift codes for it. Just wrapping up Borderlands now after it sat in my backlog forever.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Just wrapping up Borderlands now after it sat in my backlog forever.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Same here - I finished the main game three-four weeks ago (every single damn mission) and today finished the main missions and most of the side quests in DCL4 - and finally had enough of it. We're partying like it's 2009!

[quote name='seamoss']Ha! Same here - I finished the main game three-four weeks ago (every single damn mission) and today finished the main missions and most of the side quests in DCL4 - and finally had enough of it. We're partying like it's 2009![/QUOTE]

Lol I just started playing it about a week ago myself. Been wondering though if I'm missing something by not playing co-op.

I thought BL2 was pretty enjoyable (esp playing new game + with friends), but after beating TVH mode, I'm not sure I want to shell out for DLC. Is it really worth it? I know it was $7.50 at GMG before but I passed on that.

+1 for Borderlands. I really love it a lot, I just have one more DLC to play through but overall it's been a blast. I was thinking about picking up Borderlands 2 for $15 on the trading thread but I don't want to get too burnt out by it, so I figure my backlog should keep me busy until BL2 hits 5 or 10 bucks.

I really hated the lack of fast travel in the General Knoxx DLC, but everything else was just fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back