The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, Microsoft crushed the "Halo on Steam" rumors a bit, but I'm not entirely convinced that these titles won't make it to the service. Halo 3 did make me suspicious, since it doesn't have an existing PC port (Unlike the other two). However, Halo 3 did get its own Community Hub page. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

After all, Ms. 'Splosion Man had a Steam entry as well as Steam Achievements before it vanished, so anything is still possible.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Man, Microsoft crushed the "Halo on Steam" rumors a bit, but I'm not entirely convinced that these titles won't make it to the service. Halo 3 did make me suspicious, since it doesn't have an existing PC port (Unlike the other two). However, Halo 3 did get its own Community Hub page. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

After all, Ms. 'Splosion Man had a Steam entry as well as Steam Achievements before it vanished, so anything is still possible.[/QUOTE]

Even if Halo 3 got a PC release, I don't see many people buying it. It isn't exactly a new release.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Even if Halo 3 got a PC release, I don't see many people buying it. It isn't exactly a new release.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy Halo 3 PC...eventually. ;)

EDIT:
I don't have an old XBox or X360 - plz port games to the PC, thank you.

[quote name='MysterD']I'd buy Halo 3 PC...eventually. ;)

EDIT:
I don't have an old XBox or X360 - plz port games to the PC, thank you.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy it aswell but multiplayer would be empty.

OT-Does CAG look weird for anyone else?

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I'd buy it aswell but multiplayer would be empty.

OT-Does CAG look weird for anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I'd be buying it mainly for the SP, honestly.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I'd buy it aswell but multiplayer would be empty.

OT-Does CAG look weird for anyone else?[/QUOTE]
It did, but now it doesn't. :3ds:

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Man, Microsoft crushed the "Halo on Steam" rumors a bit, but I'm not entirely convinced that these titles won't make it to the service. Halo 3 did make me suspicious, since it doesn't have an existing PC port (Unlike the other two). However, Halo 3 did get its own Community Hub page. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

After all, Ms. 'Splosion Man had a Steam entry as well as Steam Achievements before it vanished, so anything is still possible.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft response:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...logy-fez-and-dyad-outed-on-the-steam-database

Update: It looks like Halo isn't coming after all.

"We currently do not have plans to release any 'Halo' titles on Steam," said a Microsoft spokesperson in response to our query.

Key word = CURRENTLY.
Doesn't mean that in the FUTURE, it will or won't wind-up on Steam or the XBox For Win 8 Marketplace.

[quote name='mc kage']halo 1 pc is one of my favorite games of all-time. Mp in it was beyond epic

nobody wished me happy birthday :cry:[/quote]

Happy Birthday!!! : D

EDIT:
[quote name='Eldredpe']We used all our birthday wishes on MysterD several months ago in the Amazon thread.

They're all gone now.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! :whistle2:X

EDIT 2:
[quote name='MC Kage']I kinda figured that lol. He's Tony's Robin.
[/QUOTE]
OMG @ me being Robin. :whistle2:x

[quote name='The End']There was a pricing glitch for ARMA X? When did that happen?[/QUOTE]

I believe it was during the winter sale. Something along the lines of own this get 30% off and own this get X% off. The discounts were not supposed to combine but they did, making it relatively cheap.

[quote name='asheskitty']
SillyKittyBirthday.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thank ya, its what I've always wanted lol

[quote name='gilby']Birthday? That was on January 1, wasn't it? Isn't everyone's?[/QUOTE]
It's everyone's on the Mayan calender. We all die 12/21 then are reborn on New Year's when the ball drops in Times Square.

MysterD - appreciate it man. & I mean that in the best way possible, Dick Grayson :cool:
Halo 3 campaign is truly great. MP starts going down tho with all the 'gadgets'

Also has anyone played Rocksmith? I want to give it a shot.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Check you steamgifts, I just won Galactic Arms Race and so did 24,999 others![/QUOTE]

I was one of the 5,000 or so who managed to lose, way to beat the odds me!

[quote name='MC Kage']Also has anyone played Rocksmith? I want to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Yes. You should have an electric guitar already, or check out the Rocksmith thread for a cheap one. The physical copy comes with a 1/4" to USB jack that you'll need to even play the game.

It's a basic rhythm game, but the challenge progresses the better you do. It doesn't actually teach you how to play guitar, but it does a good job at familiarizing you with how to play certain songs. The auto-tuner is great if you're just beginning and don't know how to tune by ear. And there are many mini-games that try to familiarize you with note placement. You might end up playing those more than the songs, actually; the Duck Hunt style game does well in "teaching" you the location of frets and how to play them fast without looking. I had some trouble with note detection, but once I started playing softer it was fine.

It won't teach you names, placements, or how to play or write your own music. It doesn't teach you theory or fundamentals. What it does teach you, through repetition, is how to play some popular songs. And if you want to practice while having fun, it's a fine game for that. It's much better than any Guitar Hero or Rock Band game, but not quite a course on how to play guitar. It's more of a segue between the two.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Check you steamgifts, I just won Galactic Arms Race and so did 24,999 others![/QUOTE]
84% chance of a win and I lost. :roll:

[quote name='MC Kage']
Also has anyone played Rocksmith? I want to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

I was really tempted to pick it up during the winter sale, but I didn't want to buy the cable, too.

Cool, I won a copy as well. So the game's not publicly available yet, but we're still able to redeem the key and install/play it? Interesting.

I'm still not convinced that the Halo games won't make it to Steam. I'd love to see Halo 3 ported to the PC. I also hardly think it wouldn't have populated MP. Most Halo purists preach 3 as the best title in the series, with the best MP as well. Reach and 4 are the titles that brought all the "gadgets" and CoD style stuff. Halo 3 MP was clean cut, pure, great FPS gunplay.

I won Galactic Arms Race as well. No idea what it's about and it seems impossible to find info on it through Steam itself. Guess i just have to try it.

Edit: Alright, figured out what I'm doing. Wishing I had my mouse with me. This game does not favor a touch pad. Seems kind of fun, though. Left click to fire, right click to interact, WASD to move around, Space to teleport. It gives you objectives to start learning to use the different things at your disposal (the objectives appearing in the rightmost clickable box).

[quote name='Idiotekque']Most Halo purists preach 3 as the best title in the series, with the best MP as well.

Halo 3 MP was clean cut, pure, great FPS gunplay.[/QUOTE]

What? who are these "purists"? slap them viciously. H3 MP was decent, not as bad as Reach, but it was no Halo 2.
I can see maybe it was the most complete out of them all in terms of vehicles, customization, etc. but H2 was definitely the most pure FPS experience out of all of them in terms of MP. Alot had to do with the maps, H3's maps don't even rival H2 imo.

Thanks for the comments on Rocksmith. I'm more of a bass person, but it looks cool.

[quote name='MC Kage']What? who are these "purists"? slap them viciously. H3 MP was decent, not as bad as Reach, but it was no Halo 2.
I can see maybe it was the most complete out of them all in terms of vehicles, customization, etc. but H2 was definitely the most pure FPS experience out of all of them in terms of MP. Alot had to do with the maps, H3's maps don't even rival H2 imo.

Thanks for the comments on Rocksmith. I'm more of a bass person, but it looks cool.[/QUOTE]
Eh, Halo 2 is dated. I agree that a lot of the maps are better, but Halo 3 is a much better game overall.

Then again, there are the purist purists, lol.

[quote name='MC Kage']
Also has anyone played Rocksmith? I want to give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty cool. It def has some flaws. Though I think the pros outweigh the cons. It also has a ton of DLC. (different skill levels, and genres) I'd definitely recommend it.

[quote name='Mighty Tor']I was one of the 5,000 or so who managed to lose, way to beat the odds me![/QUOTE]

:cool: It's okay, we're to cool to win against ridiculously easy odds.

Anyone know how the pre-order stuff works on The showdown Effect?
I just picked it up from gamefly using a 20% off code.
It gave me 2 steam keys first one says product code and entered into steam it gave me the game + beta.
The 2nd code says pre-order bonus and entered into steam it says I own it already and gives option to install beta.
Not sure if this is the way it should work or not.

[quote name='MC Kage']What? who are these "purists"? slap them viciously. H3 MP was decent, not as bad as Reach, but it was no Halo 2.

Thanks for the comments on Rocksmith. I'm more of a bass person, but it looks cool.[/QUOTE]
You are kidding right. H2 MP was awful compared to H1.
Halo 1 on PC despite it's many many issues is better than H2 in MP in every concievable way.

H2 MP player base was also so bad that I said "fuck paying 50$ a year for this shit" and i've never payed for XBL since.
H3MP from what little I played of it was much better than H2.

And Halo Reach, while still a good game of it's own. The SP is a disgrace to the EU and true Fall of Reach story. Halo Reach contradicted so much of existing canon it nearly destroyed my love for Halo lore.

I'm so glad Bungie is out of the door now. They nearly ruined Halo with Reach. "Oh there is an existing story and set facts in place for 10 years? Lol who cares about that. They weren't all mentioned in our "games" so it doesn't matter! /trolololol /shitty retcons galore."

343 despite some of the issues has done much better than Bungie ever did. And at least they give a flying fuck about having one unified level of Canon. Unlike Bungie.

[quote name='MrBonk']You are kidding right. H2 MP was awful compared to H1.
And Halo Reach, while still a good game of it's own. The SP is a disgrace to the EU and true Fall of Reach story. Halo Reach contradicted so much of existing canon it nearly destroyed my love for Halo lore.

I'm so glad Bungie is out of the door now. They nearly ruined Halo with Reach. "Oh there is an existing story and set facts in place for 10 years? Lol who cares about that. They weren't all mentioned in our "games" so it doesn't matter! /trolololol /shitty retcons galore."

343 despite some of the issues has done much better than Bungie ever did. And at least they give a flying fuck about having one unified level of Canon. Unlike Bungie.[/QUOTE]
I don't even see it as retconning if it isn't changing something that happened in the game, in a similar way that I wouldn't expect a new star wars film to adhere to the hundreds of ridiculous extended universe stories. And unlike 343, Bungie didn't turn Halo into Call of Duty, so I still see them as superior.

[quote name='travathian']Pfffft, Goldeneye for life, yo![/QUOTE]

Not canon.

007 infiltrated the facility's laboratory after Reach fell, not before.

Really sloppy work on Rare's part, to be honest.

[quote name='MrBonk']You are kidding right. H2 MP was awful compared to H1.
Halo 1 on PC despite it's many many issues is better than H2 in MP in every concievable way.

H2 MP player base was also so bad that I said "fuck paying 50$ a year for this shit" and i've never payed for XBL since.
H3MP from what little I played of it was much better than H2.[/QUOTE]

I never compared H2 MP to H1 (incomparable since H1 was never on XBL). Halo 1 PC is a classic on its own. This is strictly to H3. H2 MP was amazing - then again, I found a great community/player base - and even then, the matchmaking system even with one friend or just by myself, I had a hell of a time. Maps+weapon placement were perfect. H2 I have probably logged 200+ hours, H3 maybe around 100. Played both extensively.

Halo 3 was a polished more up to date game but the additions of the new vehicles, gadgets, and a few of the weapons just made it feel more gimmicky. Didn't like how they brought back the Assault Rifle either. Halo 2 was a hell of a shooter. Sniping always felt great and the BR was the perfect precision weapon to compliment the dual-wielding shooters and power weapons. It was well-balanced and just thought it was overall better for competitive gameplay. That's really not a knock on H3 being a great game, I just had different expectations for it and just didn't like the direction the MP was heading.

If you didn't like the fan base then I guess that's where it gets subjective. I had a good friends list that all played it through custom games and matchmaking and if I was by myself and didn't like the kids on the other end I'd just take my mic off lol.

but... I agree with Reach being shit (jetpacks, invisibility, etc...my God I hated it). Story kinda of remotely related to the books tho. Yeah, big Halo fan lol.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Eh, Halo 2 is dated. I agree that a lot of the maps are better, but Halo 3 is a much better game overall.

Then again, there are the purist purists, lol.[/QUOTE]

Most of the gripes with the MP for me

[quote name='asheskitty']I see the next CAG FP Announcement: PC thread descends into civil war over old console FPS.
/facepalm[/QUOTE]

LOL. Well, it was originally supposed to be a PC game anwyays

So my hubby has been playing Morrowind, and he'd sure appreciate a graphics revamp. Can someone point me in the direction of trusted patches to kick the game up a notch?

[quote name='Stonekeep']Because it seemed the right difficulty to play. The levels weren't that easy with the first 4 Hitman, and there was a (working) disguise system.[/QUOTE]

Blood Money could not possibly have been an easier game.

Fallout Ultimate Collection (with all DLC) is $9.99 with free shipping and no tax in most states at Newegg. You will need to use the code EMCXVXR235 to get the price to $9.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832136027

FYI: US Only. Newegg does not ship internationally.

[quote name='utopianmachine']So my hubby has been playing Morrowind, and he'd sure appreciate a graphics revamp. Can someone point me in the direction of trusted patches to kick the game up a notch?[/QUOTE]

This one seems to be the most common fairly comprehensive current overhaul.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-overhaul-sounds-graphics

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is the one I use: http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Although with the new DLC coming out in a few days it pretty much will be a piece of Morrowind in Skyrim.

(And yes, yes before the lore nerds come in and correct me I realize that Solstheim is unincorporated territory that has disputed claims by both the Dark Elves and the Nords but it was in the Morrowind game and this new DLC has Netch and chitin armor and Redoran style houses so that's close enough for me. :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back