The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
A little late but I'm going to throw some support behind Giana. Production values are high enough that it doesn't really feel "indie" to me and certainly worth picking up non-bundled. While Giana Sisters started life as a pretty shameless Mario clone I think they've done a really good job defining their own feel now with the character switch mechanics. For some reason I get a very Klonoa feel from playing it, maybe because of the diamonds or maybe because Klonoa was the last 2-D platformer to really stand out for me (Rayman Origins is sitting in blacklog land).

Also, with the talk of Fable coming up again I decided to fire up TLC hearing the good things about it and not such good things about 3 (with the 360 disc of Fable 3 still shrink wrapped) and have to say that game has aged very well. Lack of native gamepad support is somewhat lamentable, but I was mentally preparing myself for noticeably last gen graphics and maybe I'm just being very forgiving of it, but it holds up impressively well.

Edit: Forgot to mention about Giana Sisters, from speaking very briefly with Chris Huelsbeck at MAGFest, he'd like to see Turrican rebooted in the same way Giana Sisters has, so I like to think a buy of Giana Sisters is a vote for a new Turrican and equally as important, a new Turrican soundtrack.

[quote name='dfg']I was gonna comment that I think global achievements count people who've never fired up the game, but if that's accounted for already... lul?[/QUOTE]

Most games, including Giana, have a "squashed your first cockroach" achievement that you can use to normalize.

It is interesting to see Aliens: Colonial Marines is at the second place of Steam bestsellers list right now, consider the game has been trashed by most critics. My question is: How does the bestsellers list work? Does it count up the sale for last 24 hours? Does it lump up the pre-orders and count it as one number during the releasing day/week?

[quote name='BoringPat']It is interesting to see Aliens: Colonial Marines is at the second place of Steam bestsellers list right now, consider the game has been trashed by most critics. My question is: How does the bestsellers list work? Does it count up the sale for last 24 hours? Does it lump up the pre-orders and count it as one number during the releasing day/week?[/QUOTE]

It is all sales (each sale regardless if it is preorder or not is tallied individually) with in the last 24 or 48 hours, I can not remember which.

[quote name='BoringPat']It is interesting to see Aliens: Colonial Marines is at the second place of Steam bestsellers list right now, consider the game has been trashed by most critics. My question is: How does the bestsellers list work? Does it count up the sale for last 24 hours? Does it lump up the pre-orders and count it as one number during the releasing day/week?[/QUOTE]
It's staggeringly rare for a game that's new and recent and having any buzz at all to not at least flirt with the top spot. I think only the really niche stuff crashes onto Steam without breaking up to that spot.

But I do remember hearing, but not from a confirmable source, that it is quantity sold * game price

[quote name='asheskitty']Hilarious, check out the Giana Sisters global achievement stats. Only 25% have beaten the first boss >.> (Hansel & Gretel) It's not a hard game. And well that boss
has very defined attack patterns.
[/QUOTE]

While that's true, it took me a while to figure out how to avoid the attacks. Knowing what the boss is going to do is one thing. Avoiding is sometimes another.

Groupees BeMineAnniversary bundle is live - http://groupees.com/bma

$1 gets you
Eschalon Book II (Steam)
iBomber Defense Pacific (Steam)
Livalink (Desura)
Party of Sin (Steam)

$5 gets you all of the above plus:
Men of War: Assault Squad (Steam)
Two Worlds 2 (Steam)
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Steam)
Planets Under Attack (Steam)
Mystery Game (who knows? mystery eh?)

I'd say that's a pretty strong bundle, wanted Party of Sin for a while and reasonably interested in a couple of others.

I imagine it isn't exactly hard to earn a top sellers spot right now. Bunch of preorders in the top 20 too. I'd wager it's just that sales are relatively slow rather in general than it having orgasmic sales numbers.

[quote name='Flowette']Groupees BeMineAnniversary bundle is live - http://groupees.com/bma

$1 gets you
Eschalon Book II (Steam)
iBomber Defense Pacific (Steam)
Livalink (Desura)
Party of Sin (Steam)

$5 gets you all of the above plus:
Men of War: Assault Squad (Steam)
Two Worlds 2 (Steam)
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Steam)
Planets Under Attack (Steam)
Mystery Game (who knows? mystery eh?)

I'd say that's a pretty strong bundle, wanted Party of Sin for a while and reasonably interested in a couple of others.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Reasonably good bundle. Already have the TWII Velvet Edition, no interest in the rest so in for a buck mostly for Eschalon II.

[quote name='iSerra']The Valentines bundle 2.0 is now live.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

Serious Sam 3: BFE (steam)
Shad'O (steam)
Oozi: Earth Adventure
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time (steam)
Lunnye Devitsy 2013
Wake[/QUOTE]

Is this the first time SS3:BFE has been in an indie bundle? Would have bought anyway just for Shad'O. I'm a sucker for tower defense games, and this one has a unique look.

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']Is this the first time SS3:BFE has been in an indie bundle? Would have bought anyway just for Shad'O. I'm a sucker for tower defense games, and this one has a unique look.[/QUOTE]

Groupee Be Mine Anniversary has iBomber Defense Pacific, which is also a very nice tower defense game.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Bets on today's Daily? Dinner Date or La Surreal Frenchies sur la Beach?[/QUOTE]

Too happy cheerful / well adjusted.

[quote name='Mooby']Analogue: A Hate Story.[/QUOTE]

Still too close to normal.

I think it should be Hitman.

Gamersgate tweeted a promo code good for 30 percent off DmC: Devil May Cry. Presumably works with the 20 percent off people too. DMC-30GG-FEB13

The past week's daily deals have all been pretty normal. I mean, Batman, Giana, Trine? They seem to be reserving the Weeklong sales for the obscure stuff now.

[quote name='Corpekata']Gamersgate tweeted a promo code good for 30 percent off DmC: Devil May Cry. Presumably works with the 20 percent off people too. DMC-30GG-FEB13[/QUOTE]

Hmm interesting. I wouldn't stack though. You can't apply codes without removing the 20% (if you have it).

Get Games is doing a Get Loaded in roughly 12 minutes from now.

"Pick n Mix from a selection of great games at amazingly low prices - for only 72 hours!"

I'm predicting Hotline Miami, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, Super Meat Boy, Borderlands GOTY, and Mafia 2 because between announcing the promo and now they've given away keys for them, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

edit:

Hotline Miami
Borderlands: GOTY
Painkiller Hell and Damnation
Bioshock 2 (not Steam)
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Mafia II
Super Meat Boy
F.E.A.R 3
Hell Yeah! Wraith of the Dead Rabbit
Lucius (not Steam)

Get 2 for $12 or the whole lot for $58. Not a great deal.

[quote name='Corpekata']Feels like it should be a 3 for 12 deal really[/QUOTE]

Yep. I don't think that any of these haven't either been bundled or sub $5 before.

Speaking of Hotline Miami (well, kind of).

*Points to Sig*

Still about 45 minutes away from opening. I probably should have started it right away, but I messed up and it's too late to edit it.

[quote name='Motoki']Giana is awesome and totally worth getting and playing now vs waiting around to see if it ends up in a bundle at some point.

It's basically an old style platformer along the lines of Mario but updated with top notch 2.5D visuals and an excellent soundtrack.

If you like platformers at all I can't recommend it highly enough.[/QUOTE]

See, the advice on this thread from you and others to get this had me tempted, it's just tough to pay $5 for a game I really do expect to get in a bundle.

So I was very happy to see this game as a new Steamgift win for me this morning.

Happy Loverpalooza!!

For years, Moxxi has delighted and excited Pandora's denizens with her theatrical style, pithy innuendos, and a seemingly endless supply of exes. But when it comes time to give out anniversary gifts and every single day marks a possible anniversary with someone, what's a poor girl to do?
Simple -- the Loverpalooza! Today, everyone gets to be one of Miss Moxxi's honorary exes. And Moxxi treats her exes well (apart from the ones she kills, of course) -- on Loverpalooza Day, she bestows eligible Pandoran men and women with free stuff!
To receive your gifts from Miss Moxxi, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

Something I just got an email for...

Game Music Bundle seems to be back with the BIT.TRIP Lovers bundle.

http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/

$1 for all of the soundtracks for the BIT.TRIP games (Beat, Runner, Core, Fate, Void and Flux)

$10 for the soundtrack to BIT.TRIP Runner2

$20 for BIT.TRIP RUNNER2 preorder (Steam keys)

[quote name='Seraphym']Happy Loverpalooza!!

For years, Moxxi has delighted and excited Pandora's denizens with her theatrical style, pithy innuendos, and a seemingly endless supply of exes. But when it comes time to give out anniversary gifts and every single day marks a possible anniversary with someone, what's a poor girl to do?
Simple -- the Loverpalooza! Today, everyone gets to be one of Miss Moxxi's honorary exes. And Moxxi treats her exes well (apart from the ones she kills, of course) -- on Loverpalooza Day, she bestows eligible Pandoran men and women with free stuff!
To receive your gifts from Miss Moxxi, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My character was really lacking in sexiness so hope the Salvador skin fixes that.

[quote name='Seraphym']Happy Loverpalooza!!

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.
[/QUOTE]

Whoot! Just what I wanted today -- a shotgun. I'm also really partial to pink and black, so I really like the look of Gaige's new skin.

[quote name='Preedatore']All these new bundles have me craving a new humble.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking the same thing. They rarely tweet outside of running bundles, so I almost fell out of my chair a couple of days ago when I saw one from @humble. Unfortunately it was about a new game build being available. I didn't realize how twitchy the lack of Humble Bundle had made me. It's time.

So many bundles today! Is Valentines day the new "gotta release a gaming bundle" day?

I picked up Groupees at $5, which is a very solid deal. I only had Two Worlds 2, so I was happy to pay the extra $$$ to get the other great games at that tier (and an extra copy of Two Worlds 2 for a friend).

Indie Royale - I've almost given up on. While obviously Serious Sam 3 is the draw, I'm just not that interested in it. And Shad'O looks kind of lame. The whole bundle just doesn't have anywhere close to the same amount of value as what is in Groupees.

Groupees = 9 games: 7 Steam, 2 Desura = $5
Indie Royale = 6 games: 3 Steam, 3 Desura = almost $6

Indie Royale is still a great deal if you were planning on picking up Serious Sam 3 anyway and hadn't already. (and don't have an 85% off coupon on Steam)

[quote name='iSerra']The Valentines bundle 2.0 is now live.
http://www.indieroyale.com/

Serious Sam 3: BFE (steam)
Shad'O (steam)
Oozi: Earth Adventure
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time (steam)
Lunnye Devitsy 2013
Wake[/QUOTE]

I can't justify the purchase for myself considering how low SS3 has been on Amazon, and that's the one I'd be interested in getting. Already own the other games from Galas, and Shad'O doesn't interest me.

Speaking of Gala, Indiegala COLOSSUS went live this morning:

• Supervision City Generator
  • Voxel Destruction
  • 7.62MM
  • Talisman Prologue
  • Darwinia (Steam)
  • Multiwinia (Steam) *BTA*
  • DEFCON (Steam) *BTA*
  • Uplink (Steam) *BTA*
  • Hearts of Iron III (Steam) *BTA*
  • Demigod (Steam) *BTA*
  • Mystery game for second week (Steam) *BTA*

All the Steam games have been recycled from previous bundles, except for Demigod. =\

Seems too soon for a new humble. Well official humble. Maybe a themed one or something. Not sure what they would put in it except newer indie games and seems too soon for that too.

[quote name='asheskitty']And yet DWARFS!? is 0% off @ $10 and "This Edition of Dwarfs!? includes the new Free to Play edition, plus all of the modes that can be purchased separately." :lol:[/QUOTE]

You just need to give the prices some time to settle: it's now at $2.50

Edit: Settle my ass! Now it's up to $3.40...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back