The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jatan11t']Magical Diary!!! You have finally gone 75% off!!! I've been waiting for so long!!!![/QUOTE]

Wait what? Where? When did this happen? Is this part of the Linux thing?

I've been waiting ages for that game at 75% off.

*Edit: And bought

[quote name='jatan11t']Magical Diary!!! You have finally gone 75% off!!! I've been waiting for so long!!!![/QUOTE]

For those who haven't played it, I have only done one play through of the game but loved it. Amazingly good writing and characters and world, plus hands down the best romance writing in any game i've ever played.

For 75% off this game is a gem and a steal; anyone who likes choose your own adventure type games should buy it. Only issue for some may be even though you get to create a character it has to be female.:cool:

[quote name='Sophita']For those who haven't played it, I have only done one play through of the game but loved it. Amazingly good writing and characters and world, plus hands down the best romance writing in any game i've ever played.

For 75% off this game is a gem and a steal; anyone who likes choose your own adventure type games should buy it. Only issue for some may be even though you get to create a character it has to be female.:cool:[/QUOTE]

I think you just sold Idiotekque on it.

Even better if there are lesbian relationships.

[quote name='Motoki']I think you just sold Idiotekque on it.

Even better if there are lesbian relationships.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Not that I remember, Though it does have a Incubus type character who I recommend going for ;)

[quote name='Sophita']:lol: Not that I remember, Though it does have a Incubus type character who I recommend going for ;)[/QUOTE]

I just checked the Steam community forum and someone said you could have relations with either gender though of course you have to play as a girl.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211340/discussions/0/846939071334053738/

[quote name='master_blitz']No, though you can have romantic relationships with either gender, your character is female. The creator, last I heard, was planning on making a male version as a seperate game that may or may not be released at some point. [/quote]

Well with this big sale on and the fact that I own neither of the Penumbra games it is a good a time as any to pick them up at 80% off. $4 for both games isn't too shabby.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Prey retail keys have always activated on Steam. You can get a new physical copy for cheaper at Amazon, last I checked.[/QUOTE]

True but you have to find someone with unused keys or a new game. This is an option for those of us that don't want to hunt down a new physical copy.

So I got Serious Sam 3 BFE at Christmas and it's supposed to come with classics 1 and 2 but they aren't in my inventory or gifts. Is there something I need to do to get them?

[quote name='aus_nacht']So I got Serious Sam 3 BFE at Christmas and it's supposed to come with classics 1 and 2 but they aren't in my inventory or gifts. Is there something I need to do to get them?[/QUOTE]

SS3: Deluxe Edition comes w/ SS:1st+2nd Encounter Classic Editions.
SS3: Regular Edition does NOT.

isthereanydeal.com has informed me of two sites dropping Lost Planet to 66% off in the past few hours. I hopes that's foreshadowing for a Steam deal tomorrow, since neither of those offered a Steam key.

[quote name='Motoki']Wait what? Where? When did this happen? Is this part of the Linux thing?

I've been waiting ages for that game at 75% off.

*Edit: And bought[/QUOTE]

I checked the "View all specials" earlier today, it was only 2 pages long, now it 6, I remember they added games to the list for a while after the sale started with the Big Picture Mode sale a few weeks back (or more than a few). You didn't miss it the first time, if it wasn't for the Steam Client constantly emptying my Cart, I would have bought what I wanted a few hours ago, and not known more was added.

[quote name='Flowette']Played a bit of Party of Sin earlier on. Imagine Trine but with seven characters instead of three. Seems intriguing enough but the controls feel a bit... sticky? Not sure that's the term, I think I just expected them to be a little looser. Anyways it seems alright. If you like puzzle-platformers like Trine, then you could do worse than spending a dollar to get it. (It's currently in the Be Mine Anniversary bundle for a dollar - http://groupees.com/bma)

p.s. Cool - looks like the next bonus item will be Dungeons: The Dark Lord. This is turning out to be a very useful bundle indeed.

Also completed Rogue Warrior earlier tonight. Absolutely as good/bad/sweary as everybody says it is.[/QUOTE]

Flow, how did you find out about Dungeons: The Dark Lord as a possibility for the bundle? Part of Sin is the only game I'm interested in the bundle, but I've been craving a game like D:TDL for a while - had to reinstall Evil Genius for now!

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']I think defender's quest is as low as it was this winter? right?[/QUOTE]

It was $5 during the winter sale.

Treated myself to Magical Diary. I've been tempted several times in the past, but at 75% off that's a good entry point. There's always the danger that it'll end up in an Indie Royale but if it does, I've only lost the cost of a pint. The game itself looks very intriguing indeed.

Can't decide whether to bite on Giana Sisters, despite it being 73% off at GMG (after coupon). Ordinarily I'd be all over it but we've had a Groupees and Indie Royale this week, and with MD as well I've spent nearly ten quid this week.

Hmmmm.

*strokes imaginary beard*

[quote name='Flowette']
Can't decide whether to bite on Giana Sisters, despite it being 73% off at GMG (after coupon). Ordinarily I'd be all over it but we've had a Groupees and Indie Royale this week, and with MD as well I've spent nearly ten quid this week.

Hmmmm.

*strokes imaginary beard*[/QUOTE]
It can be only cheaper.

I just beat Giana Sister's adventure mode... I do believe this game is harder than Rayman Origins, for what it's worth. I've also beaten New Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3D land on 3DS, and this is (maybe obviously) much more difficult than those games. I felt like I really accomplished something by finishing the game, which is rare for me.

I don't know if I have the guts to go into Hardcore mode though :)

If you're a fan of platformers at all, I strongly recommend getting this game or Rayman Origins. If GMG has it for 73% off after coupon, I think that's an incredible deal :)

Ok... could Motoki or BSB confirm that Magical Diary does indeed plays like a mix of Princess Maker and Class of Heroes (although I bet it would not be THAT difficult) and it is actually good, despite the amateur-ish looking generic animu style? I could be in the mood for some gifts... :bouncy:

[quote name='Junpei']Ok... could Motoki or BSB confirm that Magical Diary does indeed plays like a mix of Princess Maker and Class of Heroes (although I bet it would not be THAT difficult) and it is actually good, despite the amateur-ish looking generic animu style? I could be in the mood for some gifts... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I just got to work so I won't be home for another 8 hours or so but if no one else replies by then I will try it out when I get home.

[quote name='Junpei']Ok... could Motoki or BSB confirm that Magical Diary does indeed plays like a mix of Princess Maker and Class of Heroes (although I bet it would not be THAT difficult) and it is actually good, despite the amateur-ish looking generic animu style? I could be in the mood for some gifts... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I'd point out there is a demo on steam.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'd point out there is a demo on steam.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, didn't noticed that, I'll try it when I get home in a couple of hours... I was just fishing for some opinions thinking that they could've already looked into it :)

[quote name='louiedog']I misread the title of Magical Diary and was disappointed when I found out that I wouldn't be using sorcery to milk cows.[/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed at the misrepresentation of magic in the quick, happy, shiny Disney way, rather than the real Dark Arts that take time, dedication, and sacrifice.

[quote name='louiedog']I misread the title of Magical Diary and was disappointed when I found out that I wouldn't be using sorcery to milk cows.[/QUOTE]

I think it goes without saying that I would be all over a game about magical cow milking.

[quote name='Motoki']I think it goes without saying that I would be all over a game about magical cow milking.[/QUOTE]

Magical Dairy + indie Japanese developers = anthropomorphic cattles... I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going... :cold:

Magical Diary has been in my backlog for ages. If I get a chance I will play it and report

[quote name='Junpei']Magical Dairy + indie Japanese developers = anthropomorphic cattles... I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going... :cold:[/QUOTE]

Your hands are so cold oneechan

[quote name='Motoki']I think it goes without saying that I would be all over a game about magical cow milking.[/QUOTE]

And now I want a game about an ordinary farmer with magical cows that produce mystical mammary secretions.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm disappointed at the misrepresentation of magic in the quick, happy, shiny Disney way, rather than the real Dark Arts that take time, dedication, and sacrifice.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean of the human variety.

I haven't seen this posted on this site, so if anyone's interested, it's sort-of a Steam deal: Game Music Bundle has a new bundle available for the next ~6 days of BIT.TRIP soundtracks (and the new Runner 2 game if you spend $20--see I told you it's was somewhat Steam-related).
AeNSjqyKKGlDAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

It is like princess maker in the way you play out a single year so you have to budget your limited time. So lots of deciding which magic class to take and who to talk to and what to do for each time slot during week. So there is a ton replay and different endings/scenes.

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is The Amazing Spider-Man at 66% off ($19.99)

No DLC is on sale.[/QUOTE]

The RUSE DLC wasn't on sale yesterday either. I'm starting to see a pattern and I don't like it. Putting the game on sale without the DLC being on sale? Who do they think they are, Amazon? :p

DLC sales for Killing Floor have been hard to come by too. It's currently on sale with no DLC on sale and the DLC during the winter sale was only 75% for a short time.

Anodyne, which is a retro zelda style indie RPG, is running a promotion where you can get it for $1 on its site via the Humble Store.

http://www.anodynegame.com/

The developer has promised Steam keys to existing owners if it gets Greenlit (Greenlight page here).

*Edit: apparently buying it just straight up gives the Desura keys now, or so I'm told.

-----

Also if you contact him @ [email protected] with proof of purchase you can request a copy of it on Desura.

I bought it for $1 this morning, forwarded a copy of the confirmation for that and had a Desura copy of the game gifted to me within a few hours.

It's actually technically TPB promo so you can apparently just (officially) torrent it, but I'm assuming if you want the Desura (and potentially Steam) keys you'd have to at least pay something. Anyway, I chipped in a buck and had no problem getting it for Desura when I requested it.

http://www.anodynegame.com/tpb.html

The promo ends @ 5am CST on 2/18 so should last through the weekend.

That last link does mention a bundle with Desura keys and the soundtrack coming "soon" so if you really don't want to fuss with making a request for a Desura copy of the game you can probably just check back later for that.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']DLC sales for Killing Floor have been hard to come by too. It's currently on sale with no DLC on sale and the DLC during the winter sale was only 75% for a short time.[/QUOTE]

And that game is nearly unplayable without all of that sweet, sweet cosmetic character skin DLC.

EDIT: Also, all of the KF DLC is showing up as 50% off currently for me.

[quote name='Eldredpe']And that game is nearly unplayable without all of that sweet, sweet cosmetic character skin DLC.

EDIT: Also, all of the KF DLC is showing up as 50% off currently for me.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried playing it as anything but a chicken? It's an entirely different game.

And hmmm, yesterday it wasn't showing any % off. That said, the base game is 66% off so I'll pass if they keep playing these games where the sale doesn't apply across the board. I'd have probably bought the DLC at 66% but I'll wait for 75% off now.

[quote name='warreni']I haven't seen this posted on this site, so if anyone's interested, it's sort-of a Steam deal: Game Music Bundle has a new bundle available for the next ~6 days of BIT.TRIP soundtracks (and the new Runner 2 game if you spend $20--see I told you it's was somewhat Steam-related).
AeNSjqyKKGlDAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
[/QUOTE]

Actually posted about it yesterday, but easy to miss it when people don't talk about it.

[quote name='Motoki']Anodyne, which is a retro zelda style indie RPG, is running a promotion where you can get it for $1 on its site via the Humble Store.

The developer has promised Steam keys to existing owners if it gets Greenlit (Greenlight page here). Also if you contact him @ [email protected] with proof of purchase you can request a copy of it on Desura.

I bought it for $1 this morning, forwarded a copy of the confirmation for that and had a Desura copy of the game gifted to me within a few hours.

It's actually technically TPB promo so you can apparently just (officially) torrent it, but I'm assuming if you want the Desura (and potentially Steam) keys you'd have to at least pay something. Anyway, I chipped in a buck and had no problem getting it for Desura when I requested it.

That last link does mention a bundle with Desura keys and the soundtrack coming "soon" so if you really don't want to fuss with making a request for a Desura copy of the game you can probably just check back later for that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, I'll pick one up this weekend.

[quote name='Motoki']Anodyne, which is a retro zelda style indie RPG, is running a promotion where you can get it for $1 on its site via the Humble Store.

The developer has promised Steam keys to existing owners if it gets Greenlit (Greenlight page here). Also if you contact him @ [email protected] with proof of purchase you can request a copy of it on Desura.

That last link does mention a bundle with Desura keys and the soundtrack coming "soon" so if you really don't want to fuss with making a request for a Desura copy of the game you can probably just check back later for that.[/QUOTE]

Can't you just access the Desura key that you're linked to after you buy it? That's what I just did and it worked. =P

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Have you tried playing it as anything but a chicken? It's an entirely different game.

And hmmm, yesterday it wasn't showing any % off. That said, the base game is 66% off so I'll pass if they keep playing these games where the sale doesn't apply across the board. I'd have probably bought the DLC at 66% but I'll wait for 75% off now.[/QUOTE]

They even raised the price from 15 to 20

[quote name='Severose']Can't you just access the Desura key that you're linked to after you buy it? That's what I just did and it worked. =P[/QUOTE]

It didn't for me this morning but maybe they fixed that now. I know they were working on it.

[quote name='Motoki']It didn't for me this morning but maybe they fixed that now. I know they were working on it.[/QUOTE]

I just bought it and was able to get a Desura key directly from the Humble page. Thanks for pointing this out!

As an aside, I actually really like stuff like this where the developers can sell their game directly through Humble, where you can "claim" it and add it to your library of Humble games.

[quote name='Motoki']It didn't for me this morning but maybe they fixed that now. I know they were working on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's working now. Really glad that it does because having to email them, let alone each and every one of us and the delay that would cause, would be a pain.

EDIT: Forgot to say thank you for pointing the deal out; thank you Motoki! :D

The developer has promised Steam keys to existing owners if it gets Greenlit (Greenlight page here).

*Edit: apparently buying it just straight up gives the Desura keys now, or so I'm told.

-----

Also if you contact him @ [email protected] with proof of purchase you can request a copy of it on Desura.

Cool I just purchased a copy. :)

Bought a copy. Very cool promotion and being able to add it to your account at the Humble Bundle site is a sweet addition. Will make obtaining a steam key a breeze once it gets greenlit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back