The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']Here's a mod that will make it much better:

"You are already dead!"

You can find more good ones here.[/QUOTE]

Fist of the Dead Star should definitely be a band name.

Man, XCOM as one of the preorder bonuses for Bioshock. 2k is playing hardball.

I think Greenman said they'd be giving away some games with it too so may want to check what they do first.

I'm fairly certain every single retailer matched the XCOM bonuses. I got them from Amazon, and I know even frigging Impulse got it too.

Today's deal is Guns of Icarus Online at 66% off.

regular - $6.79
CE - $11.21
CE 4-Pack - $15.63

“Calling All Loyal Citizens! CAPTAINS and CREW Wanted! Take charge of your destiny and gain valuable SKILLS for the future! PILOTS – GUNNERS – ENGINEERS – All needed for cargo transit and airspace defense! EXPLORE strange lands! CAPTURE valuable resources! TRAVEL the world and DEFEAT pirate scum! JOIN THE AIRSHIP RESERVE!
Genre: Action, Adventure, Indie, Simulation

Every time the Steam Daily was in an indie bundle, Gabe eats a burger. Save the ponies, don't buy the daily! :lol:

Gabe reading the menu:
Gabenewell_mlp_ipad.jpg

The course is delivered:
2a5.jpg

[quote name='Corpekata']Man, XCOM as one of the preorder bonuses for Bioshock. 2k is playing hardball.

I think Greenman said they'd be giving away some games with it too so may want to check what they do first.[/QUOTE]

GMG is giving BioShock 1 + your choice of SpecOps, Civ 5, BioShock 2, Mafia 2, or Darkness 2. It says you get your free games immediately.

[quote name='Seraphym']GMG is giving BioShock 1 + your choice of SpecOps, Civ 5, BioShock 2, Mafia 2, or Darkness 2. It says you get your free games immediately.[/QUOTE]
Gamersgate has the same game offer (and is offering 30%? credit in Blue Coins vs the GMG store credit). I'm guessing the free games are an offer from the publisher.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Gamersgate has the same game offer (and is offering 30%? credit in Blue Coins vs the GMG store credit). I'm guessing the free games are an offer from the publisher.[/QUOTE]

If you don't care about the extra games and manually search for Bioshock Infinite on GG, you pay $47.96 (with the 20% Xmas discount - the discount does not work with the pre-order where you get the extra games) and $20.38 in Blue coins so game comes to $28.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BIOSI/bioshock-infinite

[quote name='asheskitty']Every time the Steam Daily was in an indie bundle, Gabe eats a burger. Save the ponies, don't buy the daily! :lol:

[/QUOTE]

I know Guns of Icarus was in Be Mine 4, but was Guns of Icarus: Online in one too? What's the difference between the two.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it was also in the bundle in beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I know Guns of Icarus was in Be Mine 4, but was Guns of Icarus: Online in one too? What's the difference between the two.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like it was also in the bundle in beta.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was kind of lame but they just gave the beta version.

Sang Froid released on Steam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I am late, but super excited to see it on Steam, now for a sale or bundle.

Also, Kentucky Route Zero looks amazing and just got released on Steam.

Finally, buy Sniper GW 2 and get the first one free. Not a great deal, but it is something.

Supposedly you get beta access now if you buy Sang-Froid which is tempting, but yeah I have a bunch of other games I should already be playing so I probably should be a good CAG and just wait for a sale or bundle.

[quote name='Mooby']That one slipped under my radar. Looks quite good. Nice to see an RPG with a unique setting.[/QUOTE]

It always struck me as more of a tower defense in the vein of something like Dungeon Defenders than really an RPG.

[quote name='Eldredpe']It always struck me as more of a tower defense in the vein of something like Dungeon Defenders than really an RPG.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's more of a tower defense than RPG.

I'm five minutes into Magical Diary and the Harry Potter similarities are pretty noticeable, I've already met Professor Snape.

This could be interesting.

Wait what? Tower Defense. Oh bleck. Hopes Deleted.

And yeah, Magical diary is pretty much a kawaii girly anime Harry Potter choose your own adventure.

Not that I mind. It's something different but definitely won't be everyone's cup of green tea.

[quote name='Flowette']I'm five minutes into Magical Diary and the Harry Potter similarities are pretty noticeable, I've already met Professor Snape.

This could be interesting.[/QUOTE]
Dude, you're interrupting my round of Star Stable.

[quote name='Flowette']I'm five minutes into Magical Diary and the Harry Potter similarities are pretty noticeable, I've already met Professor Snape.

Has he killed Dumbledore yet?

I'm in week two and there's some kind of sado-masochistic hazing ritual going on.

I've also noticed that one of my room-mates has implausably large breasts.

She's 16.

I'd say "BAN THIS SICK FILTH!" but I need to be sure so I'll do some more research.

Don't trust that bastard!!!

[quote name='Flowette']I'm in week two and there's some kind of sado-masochistic hazing ritual going on.

She's 16.

I'd say "BAN THIS SICK FILTH!" but I need to be sure so I'll do some more research.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm sounds like Bible Black. :shock:

[quote name='Flowette']I'm in week two and there's some kind of sado-masochistic hazing ritual going on.

She's 16.

I'd say "BAN THIS SICK FILTH!" but I need to be sure so I'll do some more research.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it should be called Magical Dairy after all.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Has he killed Dumbledore yet?[/QUOTE]

Dumbledore dies!? Needs SPOILER TAG!

:dunce: (kidding)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Don't trust that bastard!!!

Hmmm sounds like Bible Black. :shock:[/QUOTE]

(googling) I'll be right back..... O:)

[quote name='crabbit']Booted up Ticket to Ride just for a quick look-see to see how it is compared to the board game...... 2 hours went by pretty fast O_O[/QUOTE]

Well, that was enough. Went ahead and purchased. (Was probably going to anyway, but thanks for the promising reminder!)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hmmm sounds like Bible Black. :shock:[/QUOTE]

Ugh, don't remind me. I couldn't finish that one. I tried to make every choice as a good guy, was forced into atrocities anyway, and ended up stabbed to death. Done.

Just logged into Steam and the thread here for the first time in about a month - pesky work putting a stop to my gaming. I see I'm no longer a brawny gent, and I'm also about 150 pages behind. Can't wait to work my way through and find out why! (I suppose I could actually play a game instead, but then I might miss out on a daily deal from three weeks ago...)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Have fun ;)

All of these Bioshock Infinite deals are really tempting me.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It will be the first game I've preordered since... I can't even remember. I just don't know which deal to get. I think I'll probably end up going with the Amazon deal, if we can use the 2k credit on the season pass once it's released. Though, I don't think I'll ever get to use the rest of the credit. I want Xcom and BL2, but I'm holding out for GOTY editions for those games. By the time they are available for reasonable prices my credit will have expired. So, I might just go with the GMG deal. It's a tough call.

I wasn't even aware that Black Bible was a video game. I was only privy to the anime, though I really wish I wasn't.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I wasn't even aware that Black Bible was a video game. I was only privy to the anime, though I really wish I wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Agreed... :cry:

I just beat To the Moon in one sitting and wow, that was awesome. Has anyone here played it? If so, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on it.

[quote name='Tsel']I just beat To the Moon in one sitting and wow, that was awesome. Has anyone here played it? If so, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on it.[/QUOTE]
I played it. It changed the way I think about my life - what is really important.

[quote name='Tsel']I just beat To the Moon in one sitting and wow, that was awesome. Has anyone here played it? If so, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on it.[/QUOTE]
In all honesty, I've passed both times I've seen it for $3.39, and it has bugged me horribly each time. The length sounds short, which is perfect for my schedule, and it sounds genuinely entertaining.

Though, at my age, I've already gone through a few character arcs concerning the value of life, "living it up," and devoting time to loved ones. So, I'd be surprised if To The Moon has anything new to teach me. Nevertheless, I've avoided spoilers, so it, at the very least, has the potential to surprise me.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']In all honesty, I've passed both times I've seen it for $3.39, and it has bugged me horribly each time. The length sounds short, which is perfect for my schedule, and it sounds genuinely entertaining.

Though, at my age, I've already gone through a few character arcs concerning the value of life, "living it up," and devoting time to loved ones. So, I'd be surprised if To The Moon has anything new to teach me. Nevertheless, I've avoided spoilers, so it, at the very least, has the potential to surprise me.[/QUOTE]

I used to be all about long games but the older I get, less time I have and more games get thrown into the backlog the more and more I appreciate shorter games.

As for To The Moon, without getting into spoiler territory I think it's a little bit unique in the way it frames the tale because it starts at the end of a man's life so you have the ending but not the beginning and have to work your way back, peeling back the different layers and seeing why things ended up the way they did and why he has a certain desire even he can't explain.

I thought it was done pretty well for what they had to work with.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah it was kind of lame but they just gave the beta version.[/QUOTE]

And that's why some indie devs got kneecapped...

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Toy Soldiers at 66% off ($3.39)

There's a DRM warning for GFWL but a post-release patch removed that as a requirement and added Steamworks.[/QUOTE]

Gabe's posting for lulz again...

[quote name='Motoki']
I think it's a little bit unique in the way it frames the tale because it starts at the end of a man's life so you have the ending but not the beginning and have to work your way back, peeling back the different layers and seeing why things ended up the way they did and why he has a certain desire even he can't explain.
[/QUOTE]

Rosebud was the sled, by the way.

Might try out Crusader Kings II after PCGamer ran that 200 hours youtube on it. I mean if a game can beat out Civ5 in hours played, sign me up.

I am always on the hunt for addictive games like this. Even better it probably runs on almost anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back