The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='leung19']Should i buy Civ V if i already have Civ 4? and i do like Civ 4[/QUOTE]

Try the demo. I own it, not a fan compared to Civ4.

edit: for anyone considering Civ5 Gold, another expansion pack is expected to come out.

[quote name='MysterD']I actually just finished the SP for ACR.
Took around 19 hours and 43 mins, according to Raptr.

Well, sure - ACR is better than AC1.
But, that's about it.
ACR is nowhere as great as AC2 + ACB, IMHO.[/QUOTE]
I agree that ACB is the best one (although I haven't played 3 yet), but I'd easily prefer ACR over AC2. AC2 is the first one I played too.

[quote name='MysterD']I actually just finished the SP for ACR.
Took around 19 hours and 43 mins, according to Raptr.

Well, sure - ACR is better than AC1.
But, that's about it.
ACR is nowhere as great as AC2 + ACB, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

In terms of story, ACR was terrible. In terms of gameplay, ACR was fantastic. Just my $.02.

[quote name='travathian']edit: for anyone considering Civ5 Gold, another expansion pack is expected to come out.[/QUOTE]

I knew it! Maybe by summer sale they'll stop milking that cow

[quote name='leung19']Should i buy Civ V if i already have Civ 4? and i do like Civ 4[/QUOTE]
For me, Civ 5 is unplayable without the Gods & Kings expansion

If it doesn't result in any issues, I'd like to know how CAG's rank their Assassin's Creed games. (In terms of gameplay/fun.)

I, personally, had difficulty staying interested during the long speeches featured in the original AC. (Although, that game did feature the voice of MASTER SPLINTER.) However, I enjoyed Assassin's Creed II, and I ended up finishing the title. I wouldn't mind giving the franchise another shot. (Not to imply that I ever disliked the franchise - I just got pulled away, since CAG's naturally accrue big backlogs.)

Shoite, why did I put "Master Splinter" in caps?

[quote name='Idiotekque']I agree that ACB is the best one (although I haven't played 3 yet), but I'd easily prefer ACR over AC2. AC2 is the first one I played too.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say ACB is the best of the club.
I still think both AC2 and ACB are both the best of the bunch. It's often hard for me to pick b/t the two. I'll get into details, in a minute.

Actually, AC1 is my first AC game - and that was years ago.
And no way. I'll take AC2 over ACR.

AC1 is the worst of the club, easily. AC1's biggest problem is the side-quests are loaded w/ cut & paste galore (on voice-acting, look-alike NPC's, and missions); side mission types lacked variety; and you often had to do a few of those missions were required to do a few side missions before you could do a main mission. Also, the game really changes in its tone of gameplay by the last 1/3rd. I'm not done yet - as the game performed like Hell on the PC that I ran it on, at the time. And of course - I didn't care for the nasty cliffhanger ending...

AC2 was such an insane and immense improvement over AC1 - and one of the best sequels I've ever seen for a game period. Almost every complaint I had w/ AC1 - it was basically gone.

ACB just added so many new gameplay elements for one of those "Standalone-expansion" type of sequels banked out in such a short amount of time, it surprised me. Sure, story might not have been as good as AC2, but the gameplay there was just awesome - and even improved over AC2.

ACR - well, while the story's decent enough to suit me, it's the lack of new mission types that hurts this game. And those new mission types that are there - the Portal-like missions and Defense Tower Missions, I really disliked heavily. The gameplay really hasn't changed too much here - feels just tweaked-up a bit. The series is starting to now really get kind of formulaic and predictable - just like any other games released anually (i.e. COD series & many sports games).

I also have not played AC3. Can't speak on it...yet.

I really wish AC4: Black Flag was coming out a few years from now, not this year. I want AC4 to go pirate-crazy w/ gameplay mechanics and everything. And knowing it's coming this year, I have my doubts about how much gameplay mechanics they might add to AC4...

EDIT:
[quote name='EliotAndrews']If it doesn't result in any issues, I'd like to know how CAG's rank their Assassin's Creed games. (In terms of gameplay/fun.)

I, personally, had difficulty staying interested during the long speeches featured in the original AC. (Although, that game did feature the voice of MASTER SPLINTER.) However, I enjoyed Assassin's Creed II, and I ended up finishing the title. I wouldn't mind giving the franchise another shot. (Not to imply that I ever disliked the franchise - I just got pulled away, since CAG's naturally accrue big backlogs.)

Shoite, why did I put "Master Splinter" in caps?[/QUOTE]
In short, for me....
AC2 + ACB > ACR > AC1.

Granted, like I said, I ain't played AC3 yet...

[quote name='EliotAndrews']If it doesn't result in any issues, I'd like to know how CAG's rank their Assassin's Creed games. (In terms of gameplay/fun.)[/QUOTE]
I would say...

1. ACB
  2. ACR
  3. AC2
  4. AC1
Can't speak for AC3. ACB just got everything right, and Rome is an amazing city that it pretty impossible to beat in historical depth. The story was also spot on. I loved AC2 as well, but I felt like it dragged on a little bit, which puts it beneath ACR for me because of ACR's refined gameplay, tweaks, and the incredible graphics and environment. It was much more imaginative and unique in my opinion, and jumping back into Altair's shoes was very cool. AC1 is nice, but as pretty much anyone will say, it was repetitive. It's rough around the edges, and Ubisoft learned from that mistake and has really improved the series since then.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I would say...

1. ACB
  2. ACR
  3. AC2
  4. AC1
Can't speak for AC3. ACB just got everything right, and Rome is an amazing city that it pretty impossible to beat in historical depth. The story was also spot on. I loved AC2 as well, but I felt like it dragged on a little bit, which puts it beneath ACR for me because of ACR's refined gameplay, tweaks, and the incredible graphics and environment. It was much more imaginative and unique in my opinion, and jumping back into Altair's shoes was very cool. AC1 is nice, but as pretty much anyone will say, it was repetitive. It's rough around the edges, and Ubisoft learned from that mistake and has really improved the series since then.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong - there's some good stuff in ACR and it is worth-playing, even though it's placed next to last for me (right in front of AC1).

I like the new setting of Constantinople; return of Altair; the new hookblade; the gameplay tweaks; the focus on story...
...but I dislike the new Portal-like puzzles and Defense Tower missions. And the series constantly dropping abrupt cliffhangers is now getting a little tiresome.
I wasn't too thrilled w/ ACR's cliffhanger.

At least ACB's jaw-dropping cliffhanger was something I still gave a damn about...

[quote name='MysterD']Don't get me wrong - there's some good stuff in ACR and it is worth-playing, even though it's placed next to last for me (right in front of AC1).

I like the new setting of Constantinople; return of Altair; the new hookblade; the gameplay tweaks; the focus on story...
...but I dislike the new Portal-like puzzles and Defense Tower missions. And the series constantly dropping abrupt cliffhangers is now getting a little tiresome.
I wasn't too thrilled w/ ACR's cliffhanger.

At least ACB's jaw-dropping cliffhanger was something I still gave a damn about...[/QUOTE]
Weren't the Portal puzzles optional though? I don't know, I thought they were a fun break from the game and really well done. I didn't like the tower defense though, but then again, I don't like any tower defense (I don't mind OMD2 though).

[quote name='Idiotekque']Weren't the Portal puzzles optional though? I don't know, I thought they were a fun break from the game and really well done. I didn't like the tower defense though, but then again, I don't like any tower defense (I don't mind OMD2 though).[/QUOTE]

Optional or not - I didn't like the Portal-like puzzle gameplay element; and didn't like the Tower Defense elements.

I tried it in the one-time missions where they force them on you (to teach you the new elements); then tried a few on my own and didn't like them as optional missions.

It's really just as simple as this - I didn't like it!

[quote name='MysterD']Optional or not - I didn't like the Portal-like puzzle gameplay element; and didn't like the Tower Defense elements.

I tried it in the one-time missions where they force them on you (to teach you the new elements); then tried a few on my own and didn't like them as optional missions.

It's really just as simple as this - I didn't like it![/QUOTE]
My point is that they were just an addition to the game. I don't see how they can drag the quality or level of fun of the game down when they are completely optional, lol.

Even the tower defense was pretty optional. You had to do the tutorial basically, but after that you could let enemies take your bases over, then take them back and put a master assassin in them and never lose them again. Or something.

Seeing as the game wasn't lacking in other categories, I just don't see how optional features drag the game down. You can play without them and the game basically plays just the same as ACB, more or less.

@Idio

Both were poor half-baked additions to the game - that was forced upon the player for one main mission each. These are the two WORST forced missions in the game.

These ideas might've and could've been interesting and fully-realized, if they actually took the time and didn't push the game out one year or so after ACB.

I didn't touch those side-missions type much, after a few trials. I probably won't be getting all of Desmond's story, if I don't do all of them Portal-like puzzles.

EDIT:
And since the game plays a lot similar to ACB, ACR is "more of the same." ACR is lacking really any real new game mechanics here that I really liked.

[quote name='Motoki']It's just the way that Steam is packaging some of those Civ DLC both as bundles and individually. It's like that for me too. You still have the DLC so it doesn't matter what the store thinks.

BTW for those who just have the base Civ V but little or no DLC, the "Gold Edition upgrade" which is all DLC to date and the G&K expansion, is only $5 right now on sale.[/QUOTE]

+++
Thanks so much for mentioning this because it is near impossible to find. For those of you in the same situation, you need to look at the base Civ V page to get the option for the gold edition upgrade.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

It doesn't have its own page so you can't find it in search...

You the man Motoki

[quote name='MysterD']@Idio

Both were poor half-baked additions to the game - that was forced upon the player for one main mission each. These are the two WORST forced missions in the game.

These ideas might've and could've been interesting and fully-realized, if they actually took the time and didn't push the game out one year or so after ACB.

I didn't touch those side-missions type much, after a few trials. I probably won't be getting all of Desmond's story, if I don't do all of them Portal-like puzzles.

EDIT:
And since the game plays a lot similar to ACB, ACR is "more of the same." ACR is lacking really any real new game mechanics here that I really liked.[/QUOTE]
Eh, they were so short and still relatively well made that 20 minutes or so of "forced" gameplay is so incredibly minute that complaining about it seems silly to me. To each his own.

ACB was perfect though. So often I'm unimpressed by forced new gameplay features that suck and drain life from a series. I believe the saying is "Don't fix what isn't broken." The bomb system was new and interesting, the hook was cool; those were enough for me. Honestly the only dramatic addition between AC2 and ACB was the hired assassin system. ACR didn't need a bunch more fluff to muck up the game.

I do agree that they push the games out too fast, but every time I think they're rushing it, they still deliver...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Eh, they were so short and still relatively well made that 20 minutes or so of "forced" gameplay is so incredibly minute that complaining about it seems silly to me. To each his own.

ACB was perfect though. So often I'm unimpressed by forced new gameplay features that suck and drain life from a series. I believe the saying is "Don't fix what isn't broken." The bomb system was new and interesting, the hook was cool; those were enough for me. Honestly the only dramatic addition between AC2 and ACB was the hired assassin system. ACR didn't need a bunch more fluff to muck up the game.

I do agree that they push the games out too fast, but every time I think they're rushing it, they still deliver...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I liked the bomb system in ACR.

Keep in mind, though - ACB also introduced MP.
ACR...just added more MP content & tweaks, more or less.

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, I liked the bomb system in ACR.

Keep in mind, though - ACB also introduced MP.
ACR...just added more MP content & tweaks, more or less.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I never tried ACR MP, since I didn't have XBL at the time (I only have ACR on the 360, unfortunately).

TL;DR - MysterD didn't like some aspects of some of the Assassin's Creed games. Thanks for sharing. Now can we talk about something else please?

[quote name='Motoki']TL;DR - MysterD didn't like some aspects of some of the Assassin's Creed games. Thanks for sharing. Now can we talk about something else please?[/QUOTE]

Got a topic/game series/game to talk about, Motoki?
I'm all ears.

[quote name='Motoki']TL;DR - MysterD didn't like some aspects of some of the Assassin's Creed games. Thanks for sharing. Now can we talk about something else please?[/QUOTE]
No, this is now the Assassin's Creed Debate Thread.

If you're a "completist" you want to wait until the "complete" edition of Civ 5.

Until the complete edition comes out you can't be sure you have a complete one.

CIV III and IV were not done until the complete editions were released.

Civilization III: Complete Edition (2005), includes Civilization III and its two expansions: Play the World and Conquests.

Civilization IV: Gold Edition (2007), includes Civilization IV and its first expansion Warlords, as well as a bonus poster illustrated by artist Greg Hildebrandt.

Civilization IV: Complete (2007), includes Civilization IV and its two expansions: Warlords and Beyond the Sword. (sneaky)

Civilization IV: The Complete Edition (2009), includes Civilization IV, its two expansions, Warlords and Beyond the Sword, and Civilization IV: Colonization. It does not feature any DRM (copy protection).

Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition (2011) includes Civilization V and all DLC prior to the Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World packs released through Steam.

If you're a "completist" you want to wait until the "complete" edition of Civ 5.

Civilization III: Complete Edition (2005), includes Civilization III and its two expansions: Play the World and Conquests.

Civilization IV: Gold Edition (2007), includes Civilization IV and its first expansion Warlords, as well as a bonus poster illustrated by artist Greg Hildebrandt.

Civilization IV: Complete (2007), includes Civilization IV and its two expansions: Warlords and Beyond the Sword. (sneaky)

Civilization IV: The Complete Edition (2009), includes Civilization IV, its two expansions, Warlords and Beyond the Sword, and Civilization IV: Colonization. It does not feature any DRM (copy protection).

Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition (2011) includes Civilization V and all DLC prior to the Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World packs released through Steam.

[quote name='MC Kage']What's good y'all, ain't been here in a while.[/quote]
Not much here. The usual - playing lots of video games when I can.

Been playin' Walking Dead, really a great a game as people said it was
Yeah, it's really good.
Not gonna argue that one.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']If you're a "completist" you want to wait until the "complete" edition of Civ 5.

Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition (2011) includes Civilization V and all DLC prior to the Korea and Wonders of the Ancient World packs and Gods and Kings released through Steam.

Civilization V: Gold Edition (2013) includes all current DLC (newest being Gods and Kings)[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='MysterD']Not much here. The usual - playing lots of video games when I can.

Yeah, it's really good.
Not gonna argue that one.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played much, been doin' music. But been watching WD since the midseason break is over, so the game is a great supplement to it :cool:

[quote name='asheskitty']@Idiot, it was correct before. Your changes are correct for the "Gold" version, not the "GOTY" version.[/QUOTE]
I have the GOTY edition and it doesn't include Gods and Kings.

EDIT: Oh wait, now I see. Read it wrong.

[quote name='MC Kage']Haven't played much, been doin' music. But been watching WD since the midseason break is over, so the game is a great supplement to it :cool:[/QUOTE]

I just wish I could get my wife to watch the WD show because I loved the game so damn much.

[quote name='smurfinaus']Im actually wondering about this as well when i checked my list of DLC and the DLC i still havent got[/QUOTE]

This also happened to me. I raised a ticket with Steam support.

Bit on Civ5, was pissed at myself for missing amazon's 2K mega pack, and itching to play Civ again. Still mad at myself for missing amazon's sale, but this eases the pain a bit.

This is a bit late, but I picked up Hitman Absolution and to my dismay discovered that 5.1 surround doesn't work properly in cutscenes, and only in cutscenes. Voices don't output at all, which is probably not a huge deal, but having no background in the series I'd have liked to know what was going on, especially in the prologue mission.

[quote name='mcthatch']I just wish I could get my wife to watch the WD show because I loved the game so damn much.[/QUOTE]

Is it scary for her or is she just disinterested? Just make sure she starts from Season 1 lol. I love how all of it's based in Georgia, game and everything. Imagining Macon and Savannah is ruins is funny to me

[quote name='Idiotekque']I have the GOTY edition and it doesn't include Gods and Kings.

EDIT: Oh wait, now I see. Read it wrong.[/QUOTE]

OK. I think that's quite enough about Civ 5 and incomplete complete versions.

So, what do people think of the various Assassin's Creed games?

[quote name='gilby']OK. I think that's quite enough about Civ 5 and incomplete complete versions.

So, what do people think of the various Assassin's Creed games?[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!

But, I really want to do some Sims 3 talk now... ;)
{shrug}

[quote name='MysterD']LMAO!!!

But, I really want to do some Sims 3 talk now... ;)
{shrug}[/QUOTE]

Pffshaw, Saints Row 2 is where it's at dawg! Though I do have to complain some of the voices are overcompressed and slightly metallic. (You probably won't notice this if the sound quality in 360p (default) youtube doesn't bother you.)

[quote name='asheskitty']Pffshaw, Saints Row 2 is where it's at dawg! Though I do have to complain some of the voices are overcompressed and slightly metallic. (You probably won't notice this if the sound quality in 360p (default) youtube doesn't bother you.)[/QUOTE]

I've already been through SR2 and SR:TT (base game).
I liked SR2, but nowhere even close to as much as SR:TT (base game).

Since I bought SR:TT Full Package (to get the DLC's), I really should touch that SR:TT Season Pass DLC content some time...

War of the roses... The free weekend ended and 99% of the populated servers have ping cap. For almost an hour I was trying to play a game and for every one I was kicked for high ping. I have a latency of 187, but that doesn't stoped me from playing nice during free weekend (other games work 100% fine with my latency btw), because the servers without that cap were populated by then.

I kinda regret buying the game. Is amazing but unplayable. I hope they fix it, but I don't have high expectations. It's a shame. Will uninstall it right now

[quote name='juanjava']War of the roses... The free weekend ended and 99% of the populated servers have ping cap. For almost an hour I was trying to play a game and for every one I was kicked for high ping. I have a latency of 187, but that doesn't stoped me from playing nice during free weekend (other games work 100% fine with my latency btw), because the servers without that cap were populated by then.

I kinda regret buying the game. Is amazing but unplayable. I hope they fix it, but I don't have high expectations. It's a shame. Will uninstall it right now[/QUOTE]
Really? They may be doing terrible after an update (or because of the free weekend). I was playing a lot a couple weeks ago, and I had ping issues here and there, but nothing that made the game unplayable.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Really? They may be doing terrible after an update (or because of the free weekend). I was playing a lot a couple weeks ago, and I had ping issues here and there, but nothing that made the game unplayable.[/QUOTE]

I was playing fine during free weekend... now it's impossible. Every single populated server have a ping cap on 200. Just can't play the game. I know 180 is a bit high, but there's no reason to cap on 200. I can play BFBC2 (large maps), Hawken, killing floor, L4D2 and a lot more without lag...

Maybe that's the reason becase A LOT of servers are empty. What a way of killing an awesome game, If they want to put a cap, mybe they should do it on extra large maps with 64 players or more. During free weekend there was some servers without that cap and I could play fine... Or maybe they removed the cap on the servers during free weekend?

Is the last time I buy an exclusive MP game

I don't know why AC1 gets so much hate.

The combat was a bit more difficult, but only because it was more complex. The game actually played more like an assassin/stealth game compared with the Michael Bay action games that followed.

Killing your target was a thoughtful process. You had to plan well and execute that plan properly to achieve success. After that you were rewarded with interesting/thoughtful dialogue. Following AC1 you are more akin to a homicidal maniac just tearing through the area looking to sate your bloodlust.

The story was actually done correctly as well. In AC1 the memories merely supported the main story of the current assassin/templar struggle(Desmond's time). The following games merely tacked on Desmond portions for continuity sake and made the memories the new focus.

Remember Eagle Vision? Probably not because it now plays almost no role in the game. How long did you spend thoughtfully wondering about all the things you saw in the room at the end of AC1? How long did you spend scratching your head at the end of the other games wondering what's going on?

Sure, it was far from perfect, but I think it gets a bad rap as one of the worst of series. It should be, at worst, right behind AC2 and probably would edge it out in my opinion.

All this arguing over the worst with people that haven't played AC3. I think some of you folks may sadly be revising your arguements once you do.

[quote name='Corpekata']All this arguing over the worst with people that haven't played AC3. I think some of you folks may sadly be revising your arguements once you do.[/QUOTE]

Show me an AC3 sale for $10 or less, and we'll talk. ^_~

[quote name='gilby']OK. I think that's quite enough about Civ 5 and incomplete complete versions.

So, what do people think of the various Assassin's Creed games?[/QUOTE]

The platforming was too difficult with mouse +keyboard in AC1, so I ragequit that one before getting too far. Played through about 80-85% of AC2 on PS3, but I gave up on this mission where you had nine targets to assassinate without being detected. After investing that ridiculous amount of time with no payoff, I vowed to steer clear of the whole series. Unless Ubi starts giving them out for free, I doubt that I will be blowing any more of my time or energy on AC games.

[quote name='MysterD']I've already been through SR2 and SR:TT (base game).
I liked SR2, but nowhere even close to as much as SR:TT (base game).

Since I bought SR:TT Full Package (to get the DLC's), I really should touch that SR:TT Season Pass DLC content some time...[/QUOTE]

I spent something like 80 hours on SR2. Looking forward to jumping into 3 at some point but I was very disappointed to read that Septic Avenger didn't make a comeback in the new game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']GG has (steam keys) Legacy of Kain Collection (Defiance, Soul Reaver 1&2) for $4.50 (75% off). These have been on GOG for a while, but only got on steam three months ago. AFIK, they've never been cheaper.[/QUOTE]

That is a really solid price but given Steam's checkered history in this regard, I'm reluctant to buy older games from Gabe and friends (I uusually stick to Gog.com for this sort of game). Anyone with Kain PC experience have issues with these on a modern system?

The Legacy of Kain titles are the GOG updated versions. If they debuted on Steam (or Gamersgate, or Impulse) after they debuted on GOG, 9 times out of 10 they are GOG versions. It's only the stuff from a few years ago that you have to worry about.

Just in example, pretty much all of Square Enix's recent old game debuts, Thief series, Tomb Raider 1-6, and Legacy of Kain are all the GOG versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back