The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pck21']Ok, I had those in my cart so that's good lol. What about KOTR II and Jedi Academy?[/QUOTE]
KoTOR*

In order of relevance, what you should buy:
  1. KoTOR
  2. KoTOR 2
  3. Battlefront 2
  4. Jedi Academy
  5. Jedi Outcast
  6. Empire At War
  7. Republic Commando
  8. Dark Forces 2 (if you can handle the dated graphics)
Battlefront 2 (and Jedi Academy too, I think) has some awesome mods, and multiplayer is still active!

[quote name='MysterD']Wait until he backlogs games in the 100's... ;)[/QUOTE]

I went into the holiday 2012 sale with 3 games. $400, 99 games and 88 DLCs later, I obtained a huge backlog. Prior to that in my console days, my largest backlog ever was 15 games.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I went into the holiday 2012 sale with 3 games. $400, 99 games and 88 DLCs later, I obtained a huge backlog. Prior to that in my console days, my largest backlog ever was 15 games.[/QUOTE]

99 games is not a "huge backlog." That's like a weekend's worth compared to my damage. Watch for Humble Bundles. You'll get that up to respectable in no time.

lawl @ people who try to prove their CAGynes by the rate of growth of their backlog

Yall, just don't understand. CAGyness is not the size nor rate of growth of you backlog -- it's a way of life... I have a CAGly backlog extending back through older games, back through the older PC games, back through PS2, N64.... back to the DOS era... but none of that means anything. CAG is a way of being, a way of life.

[quote name='Blade']Welcome to the metagame!
paspouse.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is priceless. (If my wife ever starts reading Penny Arcade, I'm a dead man.) :lol:

[quote name='Mac the Geek']That is priceless. (If my wife ever starts reading Penny Arcade, I'm a dead man.) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Maybe you married the wrong woman. ;)

Yup, I was seriously considering the Star Wars pack at 66% off, but now it's out of the question! And I checked that there have been 75% of sales of them individually, I have no problem to keep on waiting.

[quote name='pantsattack']Yup, I was seriously considering the Star Wars pack at 66% off, but now it's out of the question! And I checked that there have been 75% of sales of them individually, I have no problem to keep on waiting.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure those were years ago (other than KoTOR 1/2), and with Disney in charge now...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Pretty sure those were years ago (other than KoTOR 1/2), and with Disney in charge now...[/QUOTE]

Some were one year ago, but yes Disney is here now. I'll hold out hope that they'll drop the games one or series at a time to 75%. The Jedi Knight pack at $5 is what I really want.

[quote name='Idiotekque']KoTOR*

1. KoTOR
  2. KoTOR 2
  3. Battlefront 2
  4. Jedi Academy
  5. Jedi Outcast
  6. Empire At War
  7. Republic Commando
Battlefront 2 (and Jedi Academy too, I think) has some awesome mods, and multiplayer is still active![/QUOTE]

This is what I was looking for! Thanks!

[quote name='Idiotekque']KoTOR*

1. KoTOR
  2. KoTOR 2
  3. Battlefront 2
  4. Jedi Academy
  5. Jedi Outcast
  6. Empire At War
  7. Republic Commando
Battlefront 2 (and Jedi Academy too, I think) has some awesome mods, and multiplayer is still active![/QUOTE]

I would put Republic Commando in between Academy and Outcast. Otherwise I completely agree!

Dark Forces 2 should be much higher than that if you can handle dated graphics. I'd put it above Jedi Outcast/Academy for singleplayer, but Jedi Academy should be above Outcast and Dark Forces 2 for multiplayer.. I'd also put Battlefront 2 below the Jedi Knight games.. but that's me ;). All comes down to preference I guess.

If you're not paranoid of the games being removed from Steam I'd wait for the Jedi Knight collection to go on sale.

You're all wrong, this is the real list of the best Star Wars games ever:

1. Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi
  2. Star Wars: Demolition
  3. Star Wars: Grievous Getaway
  4. Star Wars Pit Droids
  5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels
  6. Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
  7. Angry Birds Star Wars
  8. Super Empire Strikes Back

[quote name='Blade']You're all wrong, this is the real list of the best Star Wars games ever:
  1. Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi
  2. Star Wars: Demolition
  3. Star Wars: Grievous Getaway
  4. Star Wars Pit Droids
  5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels
  6. Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing
  7. Angry Birds Star Wars
  8. Super Empire Strikes Back
[/QUOTE]

Clear trolling... you forgot....

#1) Star Wars Episode I: Racer

I have KOTOR 1 & 2. But I'm also not a raving Star Wars fan (I got my fill of Star Wars in the '80s). Are there any particular standouts as games? (w/o regard to the Star Wars appeal)

[quote name='Jon7']You're trolling even harder....we all know the best Star Wars game is clearly...

1) Star Wars Kinect[/QUOTE]

Weird, I'd think that'd work better with PS Move or Wii since at least you'd have a "hilt" to hold.

@jon7

What the frell? Is that real? LOL

...and Hans' backup dancers are quite disturbing... and they kinda sorta look like Bobbies...

Also spoilered youtubes are faux pas... since they lead to breaking the board.

[quote name='spoderman']Dark Forces 2 should be much higher than that if you can handle dated graphics. I'd put it above Jedi Outcast/Academy for singleplayer, but Jedi Academy should be above Outcast and Dark Forces 2 for multiplayer.. I'd also put Battlefront 2 below the Jedi Knight games.. but that's me ;). All comes down to preference I guess.

If you're not paranoid of the games being removed from Steam I'd wait for the Jedi Knight collection to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Well I ended up getting Outcast, Academy, and KOTR II. I had DF2 in my cart, but I just wasn't sure. If it's that good, then I'll pick it up for the measly $1 or so. My dad and I played the ever living shit out of Dark Forces back in the day. It's still his favorite game of all time.

Does anyone know what the story is/was with Cryostasis? Someone in a SPUF thread mentioned it no longer being on Steam and sure enough, it's not. It's also no longer on GamersGate, GMG or Amazon. and Gamefly's page for it says "Not For Sale". It's not just a Steam thing since Amazon's version was DRM free, it must have been a licensing issue or something that everyone had to pull it. I just found it curious and wondered if anyone knew the whole story.

Still some PC-DVD copies on Amazon from 3rd party sellers.

From the main menu, I believe it's "Extras" then "Enter Shift Code". Then you just copy and paste the code in and get your reward. Usually a free golden key but there's been shift codes for other cosmetics (character skins).

Sometimes codes copied from here pick up an extra space at the end which means they won't paste properly.

[quote name='MysterD']Since I'm a BL2 no0b...
...how's Shifty work?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']From the main menu, I believe it's "Extras" then "Enter Shift Code". Then you just copy and paste the code in and get your reward. Usually a free golden key but there's been shift codes for other cosmetics (character skins).

Sometimes codes copied from here pick up an extra space at the end which means they won't paste properly.[/QUOTE]

You also have to sign up for the Shift thing through Gearbox and link your Steam account.

Does anyone remember how often the Grand Theft Auto series is on sale? I remember the complete pack being on sale many times, but never picked it up. Now I've got a hankering to go through San Andreas and GTA IV, and I'm trying to get some idea of how long I would wait for a PC sale.

[quote name='Spokker']Does anyone remember how often the Grand Theft Auto series is on sale? I remember the complete pack being on sale many times, but never picked it up. Now I've got a hankering to go through San Andreas and GTA IV, and I'm trying to get some idea of how long I would wait for a PC sale.[/QUOTE]

GTA Complete $12.50 was like last weekend or the weekend before.... It'll hit that price on the Steam Summer sale, ~4 July (give or take a couple weeks)

[quote name='kidrocklive']What is so wrong with Empire At War? That has always been one I wanted to check out.[/QUOTE]
Ground combat isn't that great, but its still a really good game IMO and worth grabbing just for the space battles.

[quote name='asheskitty']Clear trolling... you forgot....

#1) Star Wars Episode I: Racer[/QUOTE]
Actually my favorite racing game of all time, but I'm unable to install due to it being a 16bit application. I need to set up a dual boot to play it.

[quote name='asheskitty']GTA Complete $12.50 was like last weekend or the weekend before.... It'll hit that price on the Steam Summer sale, ~4 July (give or take a couple weeks)[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting for a GTA5 PC sale... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back