The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fonz72']I've never really been one to complain about the content of a thread, but this is ridiculous! The mods either need to clean this garbage up or just put a bullet in the entire thread.

This soda/pop crap got so deep I've been avoiding it and missed the Sleeping Dogs sale. Come on mods, really?![/QUOTE]

Whenever I can't find the daily here I usually either search for Mr. Louiedog's posts or go to this site:

store.steampowered.com

They are usually pretty good at updating the daily deal every day.

[quote name='Fonz72']I've never really been one to complain about the content of a thread, but this is ridiculous! The mods either need to clean this garbage up or just put a bullet in the entire thread.

This soda/pop crap got so deep I've been avoiding it and missed the Sleeping Dogs sale. Come on mods, really?![/QUOTE]

I"m still waiting for the 91% off Sleeping Dogs sale again, so I can go after some DLC....

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hey shithead, if you ever get around to playing the first one on the console I highly recommend it. It has a different feel than the second one and a much more rewarding boss battle at the end.

I've played through both on co-op and they are great to play co-op.[/QUOTE]

First one? EDF 2017 is the third game! The first 2 are on PS2 and were released in Europe as Monster Attack and Global Defense Force..

Of course I haven't played any of them, but they're on the to-do list. #backlogshame

[quote name='N3UROP0D']First one? EDF 2017 is the third game! The first 2 are on PS2 and were released in Europe as Monster Attack and Global Defense Force..

Of course I haven't played any of them, but they're on the to-do list. #backlogshame[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Are those two any good?

This is technically the 4th one then - EDF - Insect Armageddon (is the one in Indie Gala).

The other one I have played is EDF 2017 which I think is only on consoles?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Whenever I can't find the daily here I usually either search for Mr. Louiedog's posts or go to this site:

store.steampowered.com

They are usually pretty good at updating the daily deal every day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, but I used to enjoy coming to this thread for opinions and conversation about the sales not just info on what is on sale.

As a return favor may I direct you here Coke or here Pepsi, lots of like minded folks over there. ;)

[quote name='N3UROP0D']First one? EDF 2017 is the third game! The first 2 are on PS2 and were released in Europe as Monster Attack and Global Defense Force..

Of course I haven't played any of them, but they're on the to-do list. #backlogshame[/QUOTE]

Man, I have a long list of backlogged-games, too...

It's a shame I probably won't get to all of them; but it's great to always have something I might be interested. It's like sometimes a gift, sometimes a curse. {shrug} #backlogshame #backlogfame #backloggift #backlogcurse

[quote name='Fonz72']Thanks for the link, but I used to enjoy coming to this thread for opinions and conversation about the sales not just info on what is on sale.

As a return favor may I direct you here Coke or here Pepsi, lots of like minded folks over there. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well played. I'm partial to RC Cola, but that's neither here nor there.

I agree with you on the OT talk honestly, but thus it's a hard position to be in.

When the OT talk gets out of hand, some people get upset (and rightfully so IMO), but then when a mod is contacted or comes in on their own volition to clean things up then another group gets upset and starts threatening death upon snitches.

I wish we could sort of self manage enough to have a little OT, but not too much, but who knows.

So fries, chips, or oil-cooked potato slices? What's your poison?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hey shithead, if you ever get around to playing the first one on the console I highly recommend it. It has a different feel than the second one and a much more rewarding boss battle at the end.

I've played through both on co-op and they are great to play co-op.[/QUOTE]
You say that like I'm supposed to know that there's more than one game :lol:

There was an EDF 1? I'd genuinely never heard of it. My first experience of EDF was when Rock Paper Shotgun went a little bit mental about it.

[quote name='Flowette']You say that like I'm supposed to know that there's more than one game :lol:

There was an EDF 1? I'd genuinely never heard of it. My first experience of EDF was when Rock Paper Shotgun went a little bit mental about it.[/QUOTE]

lol, well you see I was clueless too, apparently this is EDF4, and I was referring to EDF3. EDF 3 is only on the 360 I believe. EDF1 and 2 are PS2 exclusives to Japan and England so maybe you can find copies somewhere over there.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well played. I'm partial to RC Cola, but that's neither here nor there.

I agree with you on the OT talk honestly, but thus it's a hard position to be in.

When the OT talk gets out of hand, some people get upset (and rightfully so IMO), but then when a mod is contacted or comes in on their own volition to clean things up then another group gets upset and starts threatening death upon snitches.

I wish we could sort of self manage enough to have a little OT, but not too much, but who knows.

So fries, chips, or oil-cooked potato slices? What's your poison?[/QUOTE]

Well, I think you and I are on the same page then.

Gotta go with chips if crispy slices and fries if elongated strips.

Also, I really wish Steam would do some sort of front page banner for weekly deals, it almost seems like they are hiding them in the news tab or just mixed in with the other specials. Although, sales all the time diminishes the magic of a true "Steam Sale"

[quote name='Motoki']WWE Wrestlefest apparently got yanked from the coming soon list. I don't recall who the rights went to after THQ went tits up. I wonder what's going to happen to it now.

The link is http://store.steampowered.com/app/201550/ but it doesn't work anymore. I just noticed it a day or so ago still there so this must have been recent.

The old page is still in the Google Cache at this point. http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...red.com/app/201550/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/QUOTE]

Definitely recent, since the page was up on Friday when I looked at it.

2K Games has the WWE license now. Their only announced game so far is WWE 2K14, for Xbox 360 and PS3. Wrestlefest was previously released for iOS and pulled on that platform about a month or so ago. Strangely enough, you can still purchase DLC for the game if you already have it installed there.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Definitely recent, since the page was up on Friday when I looked at it.

2K Games has the WWE license now. Their only announced game so far is WWE 2K14, for Xbox 360 and PS3. Wrestlefest was previously released for iOS and pulled on that platform about a month or so ago. Strangely enough, you can still purchase DLC for the game if you already have it installed there.[/QUOTE]

{stares at my USB-based X360 Controller for Windows}
I wish 2K would announce WWE 2K14 for the PC...

[quote name='Fonz72']Well, I think you and I are on the same page then.

Gotta go with chips if crispy slices and fries if elongated strips.

Also, I really wish Steam would do some sort of front page banner for weekly deals, it almost seems like they are hiding them in the news tab or just mixed in with the other specials. Although, sales all the time diminishes the magic of a true "Steam Sale"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Steam sales are hard to get to. I don't know why they don't change their interface to at least add them to the front banner cycle of ads.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Definitely recent, since the page was up on Friday when I looked at it.

2K Games has the WWE license now. Their only announced game so far is WWE 2K14, for Xbox 360 and PS3. Wrestlefest was previously released for iOS and pulled on that platform about a month or so ago. Strangely enough, you can still purchase DLC for the game if you already have it installed there.[/QUOTE]

That's why I went ahead and cancelled my pre order of Wrestlefest on Gamersgate a few weeks back. Too much uncertainty/limbo. I do hope it gets ported over eventually. Game looks like some old school wrasslin fun.

[quote name='sunasun']
Also, does anyone know if Tropico Reloaded will run on Windows 8.[/QUOTE]

I ran it on my 64-bit install of Windows 8 long enough to get into a game and it all seemed fine, but I have no idea about issues that may occur later.

[quote name='louiedog']I ran it on my 64-bit install of Windows 8 long enough to get into a game and it all seemed fine, but I have no idea about issues that may occur later.[/QUOTE]
good enough for me (I have Windows 8 Pro x64), thanks Louie, gonna pick this up to replace the disk versions I have that were used as rearview mirror décor.

[quote name='MysterD']{stares at my USB-based X360 Controller for Windows}
I wish 2K would announce WWE 2K14 for the PC...[/QUOTE]

agree man that would be nice finally i can kick ass and mak myslef eheh

So... The reason I don't mind the off-topic talk (clearly, as I am often an active participant) is that the deals still get posted and relevant questions still get answered promptly.

Without the off-topic banter there would just be a lot less here.

And that would be dull.

[quote name='asheskitty']Just FYI, framerate in BF3 multiplayer is strongly dependent on the CPU.[/QUOTE]
Dunno, I mostly played the campaign. Couldn't tell a difference in framerate between it and MP. I have the weakest i7 CPU anyways, so it must not take much.

[quote name='Eldredpe']So... The reason I don't mind the off-topic talk (clearly, as I am often an active participant) is that the deals still get posted and relevant questions still get answered promptly.

And that would be dull.[/QUOTE]
Like the GOG thread. :cry:

[quote name='Eldredpe']So... The reason I don't mind the off-topic talk (clearly, as I am often an active participant) is that the deals still get posted and relevant questions still get answered promptly.

And that would be dull.[/QUOTE]

As I sit here and enjoy my Founders variety pack I agree with you a 100 percent. Beeeeerrrrrrrr

And as Eldrepe said here in Michigan it is pop!

[quote name='oman19']As I sit here and enjoy my Founders variety pack I agree with you a 100 percent. Beeeeerrrrrrrr

And as Eldrepe said here in Michigan it is pop![/QUOTE]

What is in your Founders variety pack? (breakfast stout)

This is what I've been doing, except I didn't miss any deals. I check other sources for deals and ignore this thread when there are several pages of off-topic discussion. It's too difficult to find legit deals in this thread when there's too much of that beer/soda crap going on. However, if you really want the mods to do something about it, it's best to PM them about it. Motoki might put you on ignore and repeatedly call you a snitch though if you tell anyone ;).

[quote name='Idiotekque']Dunno, I mostly played the campaign. Couldn't tell a difference in framerate between it and MP. I have the weakest i7 CPU anyways, so it must not take much.[/QUOTE]

I recently rebuilt my PC because of Battlefield 3. I had a GTS 450, e7200 2.5Ghz(?), 2 GB RAM and mobo that supported that (I think it was P5QL-E?). The main reason I upgraded was because I was entirely unwilling to spend an outrageous amount of money on the old 1066 RAM sticks and the fact that BF3 was unplayable.

My new PC is a GTS 450, i5-2400, and 8 GB RAM and the ASRock Z68. I can now max BF3 at a very, very acceptable FPS which is a big difference from the time when my PC was so crap that Battlelog rarely would load the map. Oh and if my PC just so decided it wanted to load the map it averaged 15ish FPS on the lowest settings. Well it averaged 15 if someone important was occurring such as someone shooting me or me spotting someone.

I am sure having a bit more RAM helped my PC as well, but it is a bit doubtful that RAM made that much of a difference.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thanks for the info, I didn't know that. Are those two any good?

This is technically the 4th one then - EDF - Insect Armageddon (is the one in Indie Gala).

The other one I have played is EDF 2017 which I think is only on consoles?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if the first game is any good, but from what little I have read, #2 (Global Defense Force) seems pretty well-liked, with some saying it's better than 2017.

Also, Insect Armageddon was made by a western developer which probably explains why it's the only one with a PC version (and why many series fans seem to dislike it.) There is a new game coming from the original developers though...without a PC port of course.

[quote name='spoderman']This is what I've been doing, except I didn't miss any deals. I check other sources for deals and ignore this thread when there are several pages of off-topic discussion. It's too difficult to find legit deals in this thread when there's too much of that beer/soda crap going on. However, if you really want the mods to do something about it, it's best to PM them about it. Motoki might put you on ignore and repeatedly call you a snitch though if you tell anyone ;).[/QUOTE]

Nah, just a shout out in thread. I don't mind banter, I just feel it got a little out of hand. No real harm done. I just need me some Wei Mothafucking Shen DLC! Also anybody that picked it up, an Xbox controller makes the driving and fighting great!

I don't know if you guys noticed, but earlier today I mentioned that I received an email letting me know that someone was attempting to reset my Steam password. Well, I just found out that someone has also gotten into my Paypal account and attempted to transfer money into their bank account. Somebody wants my games and money...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So fries, chips, or oil-cooked potato slices? What's your poison?[/QUOTE]

Belladonna

... as in Socrates famous last words: "I drank what?!?"

[quote name='Idiotekque']Oh god, please don't call the mods in. They'll delete all the deal discussion and leave the soft drink posts.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they'll zap the pro-"pop" infidels.
...and the deal talk.
But I wonder where they stand on fries/chips/crisps.

[quote name='Fonz72']Nah, just a shout out in thread. I don't mind banter, I just feel it got a little out of hand. No real harm done. I just need me some Wei Mothafucking Shen DLC! Also anybody that picked it up, an Xbox controller makes the driving and fighting great![/QUOTE]

Shooting is a little loose with a controller, but remember, it's supposed to play out like HK cinema -- abuse leaping-over-objects-bullet-time for the shooting bits.

[quote name='Tsel']I don't know if you guys noticed, but earlier today I mentioned that I received an email letting me know that someone was attempting to reset my Steam password. Well, I just found out that someone has also gotten into my Paypal account and attempted to transfer money into their bank account. Somebody wants my games and money...[/QUOTE]

scary shit

but shouldn't they be kinda easy to find if paypal has their bank info?

[quote name='vince_carter']scary shit

but shouldn't they be kinda easy to find if paypal has their bank info?[/QUOTE]

That's what I would think. That and the Steam password request email lists their IP, so if it is indeed the same person, they should be easily traceable.

Also, I just noticed that all of my Dota 2 invites are missing from my inventory. Did they expire/disappear for everyone or was this also something fishy happening with my account? Not like I really care, but I'm not positive as to what else I even had in my inventory.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
Like the GOG thread. :cry:[/QUOTE]

They have all those nicely formatted release posts with pictures and everything. I always feel bad messing that up by injecting idle chatter. This place is already messed up to begin with. ;)

[quote name='Tsel']That's what I would think. That and the Steam password request email lists their IP, so if it is indeed the same person, they should be easily traceable.

Also, I just noticed that all of my Dota 2 invites are missing from my inventory. Did they expire/disappear for everyone or was this also something fishy happening with my account? Not like I really care, but I'm not positive as to what else I even had in my inventory.[/QUOTE]

DOTA 2 invites in my inventory disappeared a while back. No funny bidness with my accounts otherwise.

[quote name='Motoki']They have all those nicely formatted release posts with pictures and everything. I always feel bad messing that up by injecting idle chatter. This place is already messed up to begin with. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I thought Idiot was referring to how on-topic and dead our GOG thread is.

[quote name='asheskitty']DOTA 2 invites in my inventory disappeared a while back. No funny bidness with my accounts otherwise.[/QUOTE]
Okay, well that's a relief.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I haven't bought anything on GoG since their holiday sale price on Indigo Prophecy. Really though, I think the main issue is that I've now bought everything in their library that I wanted. I do always check their weekend promos, though.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've bought anything on Steam since SDogs was 91% off, so just as long ago. It's all been activation of Amazon, indie bundle, and Steamgifts keys.

[quote name='Tsel']Also, I just noticed that all of my Dota 2 invites are missing from my inventory. Did they expire/disappear for everyone or was this also something fishy happening with my account? Not like I really care, but I'm not positive as to what else I even had in my inventory.[/QUOTE]
You could just check your inventory history.

Speaking of DOTA and inventory history,

Dec. 26 2011 - I traded a copy of DOTA for Bulletstorm and Worms Reloaded

April 25, 2012 - I traded 2 copies of DOTA for Dead Space 2 and Capsized

Today - I cannot give DOTA away

[quote name='Tsel']That was the first thing I did. Nothing fishy there, luckily.[/QUOTE]
Should be fine then.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Today - I cannot give DOTA away[/QUOTE]
Get a bot to take them?

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, I thought Idiot was referring to how on-topic and dead our GOG thread is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Idiot is referring to his GOG SALES thread which is on topic n dead. The GOG RELEASES thread is the one with the nice banners and info.

I never knew we had a GOG releases thread :shock:

But why would you have a thread that talks about games no on sale, that's just crazy! :???:

[quote name='Eldredpe']Speaking of DOTA and inventory history,

Dec. 26 2011 - I traded a copy of DOTA for Bulletstorm and Worms Reloaded

April 25, 2012 - I traded 2 copies of DOTA for Dead Space 2 and Capsized

Today - I cannot give DOTA away[/QUOTE]

I played more capsized than DOTA. Ok, to be fair, I never played DOTA... And doubt I'll play it

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, I'm confused.

Honestly though, GOG hasn't had any great sales in awhile.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. They just had a good RTS/TBS/city-builder 50% off (which is as much as anything ever drops during a normal GOG sale) this past weekend and today they have a buy 5 for 80% off sale (not for me because I own almost all of the stuff on offer that I'm interested in on that or another store--still a very nice sale though).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tsel']I don't know if you guys noticed, but earlier today I mentioned that I received an email letting me know that someone was attempting to reset my Steam password. Well, I just found out that someone has also gotten into my Paypal account and attempted to transfer money into their bank account. Somebody wants my games and money...[/QUOTE]
I had an attempted Steam password reset last week as well. Changed up my password and looked over my mail logs to see if any weird IPs were attempting access but nothing weird aside from the Steam attempt. Checking out my Paypal now, just to be sure. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='asheskitty']I never knew we had a GOG releases thread :shock:

But why would you have a thread that talks about games no on sale, that's just crazy! :???:[/QUOTE]

Wait there's two GOG threads? Now I'm confused too. I only ever noticed the release one, which was the nicely formatted one I mentioned that I feel bad commenting in.

I guess if there's a sale thread too it doesn't get much activity and probably with some reasons for that.

Their sales are annoying. They frequently force you to bundle up.

Like right now I would probably have gotten Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena @ 80% off because the Steam version has some really heinous Tages DRM with limited activations that still has not been removed. But the the thing is this current sale is you have to pick 5 from 20 games to get the 80%.

Most I either already have or really don't want from GOG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back