The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Terlan']Hmmm tempted by the daily deal, anyone have any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Absolutely worth the $15. I bought it at msrp for the WiiU ($40) and it was easily worth every penny. It's a real solid game with a lot of varied tracks + characters. If you're a Sega fan you'll enjoy said stages + characters even more. Hell, I got a little misty eyed the first time I saw the Panzer Dragoon stage and it started playing that majestic opening theme. Definitely a worthy (spiritual?) successor to Diddy Kong Racing. (Which I think many regard as the last great (non-Mario) Kart Racer)

[quote name='BernardoOne']All people should buy Sonic Racing Transformed! Probably the best kart racer ever :D[/QUOTE]
Freaking agreed.

[quote name='Terlan']Just a heads up but a new version of duke nukem 3d is supposed to hit steam later today according to RPS.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/20/duke-is-out-duke-nukem-3d-megaton-edition/[/QUOTE]
The article even mentions multiplayer being included. I'm curious to see how well developed it is. Some buddies and I still have our occasional LANs to this day, and it'd be nice to have this as a fun throwback from time to time. (Didn't have much luck running multiplayer on eDuke32. :C )

I never knew Gun Metal was released on PC. No interest in the IGD bundle personally though, Warlock is the standout game it appears (despite the name being Dwarves) and I already have it plus most of the dlc. If there's anyone who likes the turn based, empire building, fantasy you may enjoy Warlock, and there is a demo.

[quote name='BernardoOne']All people should buy Sonic Racing Transformed! Probably the best kart racer ever :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah. great game and recently available for as low as $9 in a 4 pack from GG.

[quote name='Genocidal']I expected this game to be bad, but holy shit is it awful.
[/QUOTE]

Wow - I heard it wasn't going to be good.. but damn.

[quote name='Genocidal']I expected this game to be bad, but holy shit is it awful.[/QUOTE]

Now *that* was SHAQ-FUing hilarious - especially the last couple of clips (that jumping back 'n' forth over the barrier had me actually gigling like an idiot!)

[quote name='seamoss']Now *that* was SHAQ-FUing hilarious - especially the last couple of clips (that jumping back 'n' forth over the barrier had me actually gigling like an idiot!)[/QUOTE]
That was getting to me, but what finally caused me to lose it was
bullet-time, Gatorade nut punch

Steam has a new program for Early Access Games that allows developers to sell works in progress. Yes, they've been doing this for awhile (ARMA III Alpha, Under the Ocean, etc.) but this seems like an invitation for developers to do this more actively and let's people know that the product isn't finished and exactly what they're getting into. It also gives a place for developers to communicate the progress they're making with the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

[SimCity joke]Finally, Steam is catching up to Origin[/SimCity joke]

[quote name='guardian_owl']That was getting to me, but what finally caused me to lose it was
bullet-time, Gatorade nut punch
[/QUOTE]

I read the spoiler and I was so confused as to what you were talking about... then I watched the video and lost my shit. I had act like I was coughing I was laughing so bad.

[quote name='louiedog']Steam has a new program for Early Access Games that allows developers to sell works in progress. Yes, they've been doing this for awhile (ARMA III Alpha, Under the Ocean, etc.) but this seems like an invitation for developers to do this more actively and let's people know that the product isn't finished and exactly what they're getting into. It also gives a place for developers to communicate the progress they're making with the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

[SimCity joke]Finally, Steam is catching up to Origin[/SimCity joke][/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if they will use this for handling Kickstarter betas. I paid for like 3 of those projects so far.

[quote name='elessar123']I'm wondering if they will use this for handling Kickstarter betas. I paid for like 3 of those projects so far.[/QUOTE]

I know that Double Fine said their beta would be through Steam, but I'm guessing it'll stay exclusive to backers and not available for purchase like the projects in this program so far. But the systems in place may be used. I guess we'll see.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. Weird Worlds just showed up in the "new releases" list and it looks really familiar--was this in a bundle?[/QUOTE]

It was in an indie royale bundle I believe.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. Weird Worlds just showed up in the "new releases" list and it looks really familiar--was this in a bundle?[/QUOTE]

yea it was, the bundle copy gave a steam key, but the game wasnt in their store but still redeemed on steam. Now its officially in the store. Forget which bundle it was must I must have bought it at some point

[quote name='AionTelos']Has Sonic Transform been cheaper? I think I'm going to pickup a 4 pack.[/QUOTE]

Was slightly cheaper on GG, with the 20% off compensation discount.. but not by much. Was around $9 per copy for the 4 pack. I 100% recommend buying the game at $10. It's a fantastic cart racer.

If you're just gonna backlog it though, I'd wait for 75% off.

[quote name='spoderman']Was slightly cheaper on GG, with the 20% off compensation discount.. but not by much. Was around $9 per copy for the 4 pack. I 100% recommend buying the game at $10. It's a fantastic cart racer.

If you're just gonna backlog it though, I'd wait for 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I'll probably hold off for now then.

Waiting on the summer sale to buy Sonic Transformed. Probably gonna end up on 66& or, if Im lucky, 75%. Or I can buy the entire Sonic pack if it goes on sale.

I still just think 12,49€ is too much.

Reposting here since this thread gets more traffic:

Bioshock Infinite pre-order from Gamersgate. Pretty sure this is the best deal out there:
The bad = 20% Beth/BL2 discount will not work

The good and what you get:
-Bioshock Infinite with Pre-order goodness
-Bioshock 1
-Choice between: Bioshock 2, Mafia II, Civ V, Spec Ops The Line, Darkness II
-Xcom: Enemy Unknown

Real Cost: $45.41
Blue coins back: $15.97
Final cost: $29.44

The catch to get that price, buy from gamersgate.co.uk using BC.

I haven't even finished the first one and I am considering this...

[quote name='Daykain']Reposting here since this thread gets more traffic:

Bioshock Infinite pre-order from Gamersgate. Pretty sure this is the best deal out there:

-Bioshock 1

I haven't even finished the first one and I am considering this...[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's pretty damn tempting...

Going off of Daykain, I was able to squeeze some more savings.

I found a loophole that allows you to get everything and the game with the Beth discount.

Alright, found a loophole to get Bioshock Infinite and Xcom for around $20 if you have the 20% off from the Beth glitch (Assuming you'll use the Blue Coins)

1. Go to the UK site. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/
2. Add Bioshock Infinite and your free game. It should be 30 pounds.
3. Go to checkout and remove your free game (Bioshock, Spec Ops, Mafia, etc).
4. Go and add this game. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-H3USSP/hearts-of-iron-3-us-sprite-pack
5. If you did these steps, the 20% off should be active.
6. Checkout. Total will be around $36 - the $16 or so in BC
7. Now go back and try to preorder Bioshock; it'll say that you have preordred Bioshock Infinite and can select a free game (Bioshock, Spec Ops, Mafia)

bi451g.png

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Going off of Daykain, I was able to squeeze some more savings.

I found a loophole that allows you to get everything and the game with the Beth discount.

Alright, found a loophole to get Bioshock Infinite and Xcom for around $20 if you have the 20% off from the Beth glitch (Assuming you'll use the Blue Coins)

4. Go and add this game. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-H3USS...us-sprite-pack
7. Now go back and try to preorder Bioshock; it'll say that you have preordred Bioshock Infinite and can select a free game (Bioshock, Spec Ops, Mafia)

[/QUOTE]

Nice find but I could get the link from the 4th step to work.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Going off of Daykain, I was able to squeeze some more savings.

4. Go and add this game. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-H3USSP/hearts-of-iron-3-us-sprite-pack

bi451g.png
[/QUOTE]

Worked for me, thanks anarchy =)

[quote name='AionTelos']I guess i don't understand step 7? If I try to go back and pre-order infinite it just adds another to the cart.[/QUOTE]

I forgot exactly what I did but it took me to some page that said I preordered Bioshock and I could choose a free game (the game that I originally removed from the cart). I wish I paid more attention to the prompt.

[quote name='AionTelos']OH! Did you check out then go back to order the game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, checked out, completed payment then added it again (or something like that).

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Yeah, checked out, completed payment then added it again (or something like that).[/QUOTE]

Yup after you checkout just try to preorder it again and it will let you add one of those games to your account.

I can confirm, after checkout you go back to buy it again and it prompts you to pick your free game.
20685479.png

edit: thanks for the heads up anarchy :D

[quote name='Terlan']Just a heads up but a new version of duke nukem 3d is supposed to hit steam later today according to RPS.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/20/duke-is-out-duke-nukem-3d-megaton-edition/[/QUOTE]
fuck YEAH, includes Duke it Out in DC!

[quote name='Genocidal']I expected this game to be bad, but holy shit is it awful.[/QUOTE]
You expected it to be anything more than a trainwreck of a mess?

[quote name='elessar123']I'm wondering if they will use this for handling Kickstarter betas. I paid for like 3 of those projects so far.[/QUOTE]
Didn't they do that for Guns of Icarus: Online?

patiently waiting for the reviews of bioshock to go up before i pull the trigger

also worth noting it will probably nosedive in price not long after release

[quote name='vince_carter']patiently waiting for the reviews of bioshock to go up before i pull the trigger

also worth noting it will probably nosedive in price not long after release[/QUOTE]

I dunno man, $20 bucks for bioshock infinite and xcom and bioshock 1 and one of 5 games seems like a pretty crazy amazing deal to me

[quote name='stupidproz1']I dunno man, $20 bucks for bioshock infinite and xcom and bioshock 1 and one of 5 games seems like a pretty crazy amazing deal to me[/QUOTE]

isn't the beth discount only for people who were refunded on that bundle?

my question, did you guys pay in Pounds through Paypal? or are you buying $35 worth of blue coins on your account first, then going to the UK site?

edit: nvm. bought it anyways. ~$35 - (~15) = the bees knees.

Mafia II, Bioshock, XCOM, and Infinite. Thanks Daykain and Anarchy!

[quote name='vince_carter']if i can really get all that for under $30 i'm in, i don't have XCOM or civ 5[/QUOTE]
Same but I think it's only for people with the beth discount. Which is why I am contemplating GMG's deal on it.

[quote name='Daykain']Reposting here since this thread gets more traffic:

-Bioshock 1

I haven't even finished the first one and I am considering this...[/QUOTE]

Curious:
Are those Gamersgate UK keys worldwide keys?
Or region-locked to UK/Europe?
Or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back