The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
In the new Tomb Raider, when you go back through an area trying to find things you missed, is there any kind of easy way to do this? It seems like the in-game map is poor and doesn't really show you where missing items are. I think it's only showing me items I've found?

Edit: Oh. Treasure Maps. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='utopianmachine']My answer is simpler. I just don't want to be stabbed by wayward, rebellious knives and forks as I attempt to unload.

So, handle up.[/QUOTE]

What about sporks? Handle down or point down? Or should I place them sideways to be safe :)

OT: is hitman worth the price or should I wait for it to hit the $7.50 range? I have a massive backlog though...

And is there any steam calculator working? I need to keep my e-peen above 9000$...

[quote name='utopianmachine']In the new Tomb Raider, when you go back through an area trying to find things you missed, is there any kind of easy way to do this? It seems like the in-game map is poor and doesn't really show you where missing items are. I think it's only showing me items I've found?

Edit: Oh. Treasure Maps. :p[/QUOTE]

Another tip on finding collectibles, if you use survival instinct you will discover locations of items you haven't found that are currently near you. They will then appear on your map. There are a few areas where you will need to come back to in order to get them though. Tresure maps are obviously the best since they will show all the item locations on the map but a lot of time you don't find those until you are nearly done with an area. I found just running around hitting survival instinct worked better to discover collectible locations.

Decided to try Mark of Ninja as a break between BS:I and Tomb Raider, and this game is surprisingly fun. It feels like a 2D version of Deus Ex: HR with multiple paths to go full sneak or full guard genocide.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Another tip on finding collectibles, if you use survival instinct you will discover locations of items you haven't found that are currently near you. They will then appear on your map. There are a few areas where you will need to come back to in order to get them though. Tresure maps are obviously the best since they will show all the item locations on the map but a lot of time you don't find those until you are nearly done with an area. I found just running around hitting survival instinct worked better to discover collectible locations.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah, I use Survival Instinct a LOT. I'm working on leveling up Survivor abilities to get Cartographer. Knowing map locations will speed up the process of finding things.

[quote name='mjontrix']What about sporks? Handle down or point down? Or should I place them sideways to be safe :)[/QUOTE]

Sporks are an abomination against nature and have no place in the discussions of rational people. Let us never speak of them again.

[quote name='annihilator']Sporks are an abomination against nature and have no place in the discussions of rational people. Let us never speak of them again.[/QUOTE]

forks_and_spoons.png

[quote name='annihilator']Sporks are an abomination against nature and have no place in the discussions of rational people. Let us never speak of them again.[/QUOTE]

:twoguns: sporks are good if used as catapults to launch peas across tables in middle school...good times

[quote name='JakeNome']:twoguns: sporks are good if used as catapults to launch peas across tables in middle school...good times[/QUOTE]

Jesus, Jake, you're an adult now!

Just build a trebuchet already.

[quote name='asheskitty']
forks_and_spoons.png
[/QUOTE]

Sponks are dangerous. Their dull sides make even the creamiest mac and cheese impossible to eat.

[quote name='travathian']Flatware in the dishwasher, handle up or handle down? Inquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, don't know. Allow me to go ask Jeeves and I'll get back to you.
[quote name='Idiotekque']Hyper Crush says sodapop. (1:56)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioAFbYfc54&t=1m56s

I'm gonna go with sodapop.
Mostly just to make Eldredpe think less of me as a human being.
[/QUOTE]
Welcome back idiot!!!! ;)

And Steam must have an awesome sale right now. Why else are we talking about sporks and dishwasher loading techniques. :roll:

Chivalry Medieval Warfare Daily Dud
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

[quote name='Eldredpe']Jesus, Jake, you're an adult now!

Just build a trebuchet already.[/QUOTE]

lol, i actually did back in college. it was for a contest to see whose trebuchet could launch a water balloon the farthest. my team didn't win, but we made damn sure to get a lot of people soaked.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Another tip on finding collectibles, if you use survival instinct you will discover locations of items you haven't found that are currently near you. They will then appear on your map. [/QUOTE]

Just like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (and later games in the series, I assume.) That feature mixed with in-game available maps is so nice compared to earlier games with collectables where there's no in-game way to track them.

And, look, the conversation is back on-topic with Assassin's Creed.

[quote name='Preedatore']Actually I paid $9 for Chivalry a while ago and had some decent fun with it. I'd say this daily is better than 99% of the dailies since I think it's the first time this has hit more than 50%.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the 4 pack comes out to $6.50 a person which is the cheapest it's been or close to it. I forget how much it was on Gamersgate with the 20%, but I don't think it was much cheaper.

[quote name='gilby']Just like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (and later games in the series, I assume.) That feature mixed with in-game available maps is so nice compared to earlier games with collectables where there's no in-game way to track them.

And, look, the conversation is back on-topic with Assassin's Creed.[/QUOTE]

Oooh. I've played ACI and II, but not Brotherhood yet. Sounds like a definite step in the right direction. I barely tried to find all those hidden things. I would have had to slave over a walkthrough, and I never do things like that.

Collecting things/jumps in AC:B was quite enjoyable. Collecting in AC2 was merely run-of-the-mill, but a bit over the top with some (like the 200 feathers).

To follow up on my Hitman Absolution performance, I'd note that the built-in benchmark is particularly stressing. In gameplay so far I'm getting 30-60 FPS (versus 23-36 in the benchmark) -- as long as I can stay above 30 FPS I'm usually content.

[quote name='mrsamsa']Chivalry is amazing. Note for people with older computers, though, it's one of the least well optimized UE3 games.[/QUOTE]

Worse than BL1 or BL2?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Oooh. I've played ACI and II, but not Brotherhood yet. Sounds like a definite step in the right direction. I barely tried to find all those hidden things. I would have had to slave over a walkthrough, and I never do things like that.[/QUOTE]

I didn't use walkthrough for AC2, but I did have a map printed out so I could check off items as I found them. Too much of a pain to go back afterward, otherwise, when you're not sure if you already got one or just can't find it. I've done similar with GTA games.

Yes, the way it is done in Brotherhood is an improvement. I grabbed stuff as I spotted it, in the course of play, and then bought the maps later for cleanup.

[quote name='asheskitty']Collecting things/jumps in AC:B was quite enjoyable. Collecting in AC2 was merely run-of-the-mill, but a bit over the top with some (like the 200 feathers).[/QUOTE]

As I said, I collected every one. It helped that my (at the time) 2 year old son liked watching me play "the climbing game." As I couldn't do the more assassin-y things while he watched, I largely just ran around running, jumping, climbing and hunting collectables.

[quote name='sunasun']And Steam must have an awesome sale right now. Why else are we talking about sporks and dishwasher loading techniques. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Dishwasher Simulator 2013 coming to Steam Greenlight in 2014.

[quote name='Preedatore']Do 10,000 people still not own this? It's been free 2 seperate times on Steam I believe.[/QUOTE]

Unlimited Free if you added it to your steam library before 11 Nov, iirc.

[quote name='asheskitty']Clearly fake! Everyone knows they're skipping HL4 and going straight to Half-Life 5.[/QUOTE]

It will be just "half life". A reboot. As he is a theoretical physicist, the game should be some kind of puzzle game. With Sheldon Cooper as advisor

[quote name='juanjava']It will be just "half life". A reboot. As he is a theoretical physicist, the game should be some kind of puzzle game. With Sheldon Cooper as advisor[/QUOTE]

No, that's the one planned after HL5. And they changed direction a bit; he is a public school teacher in a country racked by austerity. It will be some of kind of budget/accounting game.

Oh random reminder, 38 hours left on the Indie Gamer Bundle, current BTA is $3.71.

I highly recommend Blades of Time as a fun take on the DMC genre.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']https://exclusives.macappdeals.com/sales/the-name-your-own-price-gamer-bundle

Posting it here so it will get more exposure as I know Mac deals are harder to come by.

Credit goes to Spoderman

For $1 Min you get Steam Keys and DRM Free builds of:

iBomber Defense
Aztaka
The Journey Down: Chapter 1

If you beat the average (currently $4.23) you also get:

Blades of Time
Cubemen
Spacechem

If you activate them on Steam games should work on both Mac and PC and they appear to have separate downloads for Mac and PC for the DRM Free builds and you get individual Steam keys. (see Detruire's post below).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']Oh random reminder, 38 hours left on the Indie Gamer Bundle, current BTA is $3.71.

I highly recommend Blades of Time as a fun take on the DMC genre.[/QUOTE]

I actually just finished playing the BoT demo to make up my mind on that bundle and I think I'm sold.

It took me about 15 minutes of ramming my head against the wall in that first couple of fights, between the game giving you only keyboard prompts even when you're using a controller and the enemies dealing so much damage, but once I figured out the pace of the game (it's not about combos or button mashing, but making sure not to get hit, like, ever) I found it extremely satisfying.

Great price for all of that stuff although Cubemen is the only one I'm remotely interested in and they might throw it in another bundle in the future.

[quote name='asheskitty']I highly recommend Blades of Time as a fun take on the DMC genre.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually a little interested in that game, but only slightly. Not even enough to drop a few bucks on it though.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I'm actually a little interested in that game, but only slightly. Not even enough to drop a few bucks on it though.[/QUOTE]

If I was capable of pity, I think I'd pity you. There's a demo on steam (and that demo sold me on it -- picked it up for $11 on the summer sale and played it shortly after).

[quote name='travathian']Wonder if next year's NCAA Basketball will feature "super injuries" like this:[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! He completely broke his tibia and fibula. I really wouldn't have expected that to happen to a professional basketball player from a jump. I wonder if he has some medical condition that affects bone strength.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Meh. Half-Life 3 was kind of boring. The gameplay just wasn't there for me.[/QUOTE]

I thought the story was fantastic...
...when we finally found out that G-Man and Gordon Freeman are the same person, but from different universes.

[quote name='spoderman']Half-Life 4 confirmed!

http://steamdb.info/app/800/[/QUOTE]
Half-Life 4 Beta Keys
April Fool's

[quote name='asheskitty']Oh random reminder, 38 hours left on the Indie Gamer Bundle, current BTA is $3.71.

I highly recommend Blades of Time as a fun take on the DMC genre.[/QUOTE]
I think I bought the $1 tier when it first launched, already had everything but Aztaka.
Glad I checked Steam, almost bought it again. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back