The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is the Divinity Anthology at 66% off ($10.19)

Divine Divinity - $2.03
Beyond Divinity - $2.03
Divinity II - Developer's Cut $6.79
[/QUOTE]

An excellent deal on this series. Divine Divinity is probably in my top 10 games of all time.

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is the Divinity Anthology at 66% off ($10.19)

Divine Divinity - $2.03
Beyond Divinity - $2.03
Divinity II - Developer's Cut $6.79

Weekend Deals

Omerta - City of Gangsters at 50% off ($19.99 or $29.99 for a 2-pack)
The Con Artist DLC is $2.49

Now on Steam

Evoland is 10% off ($8.99)
Evoland is a journey through the history of action/adventure gaming, allowing you to unlock new technologies, gameplay systems and graphic upgrades as you progress through the game. Inspired by many cult series that have left their mark in the RPG video gaming culture, Evoland takes you from monochrome to full 3D graphics and from active time battles to real time boss fights, all with plenty of humor and references to many classic games.
Genre: Adventure, RPG, Indie

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition ($9.99)
Also known as Out Of This World™, Another World is a pioneer action/platformer that released across more than a dozen platforms since its debut in 1991. Along the years, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Platformer

Another World is part of the current Humble Mobile Bundle which makes me very sad that there are no Steam keys, but hopeful that it will show up again in a future one with PC/Mac/Linux included.

Pre-Purchase Papo & Yo at 10% off ($13.49) releases April 11th.
Quico’s best friend, Monster, is a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth, but that doesn’t scare Quico away from playing with him. That said, Monster does have a very dangerous problem: an addiction to poisonous frogs.
Genre: Adventure, Indie[/QUOTE]

Divinity is possibly on sale to drum up intersted in their kickstarter. I know I'll be purchasing and checking out to see if it's worth donating.

[quote name='spoderman']So uh.. what's the difference between the 15th anniversary edition of Another World, and the 20th anniversary version?[/QUOTE]

5 years. Isn't it obvious?

It credits DotEmu on the store page, so this looks like it's probably the same version that came out on mobile which would be a different port than the 15th anniversary. I don't know what the differences would be though. It says graphics/sound has been remastered, new difficulty, and steam achievements. I'm not sure if any of that was in the 15th (probably not achievements).

[quote name='Izod517']Evoland looks awesome but I'll wait for 66%+ or bundle.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Saw it when I was trying to find the other weekend deal (still not on my main store page) and it seemed interesting so I figured it was worth posting.

[quote name='Izod517']Evoland looks awesome but I'll wait for 66%+ or bundle.[/QUOTE]

I just watched the video and immediately added the game to my wishlist. What a great concept!

[quote name='jer7583']here's a free Red Orchestra 2 code

NL97W-CWD5F-P9KCD[/QUOTE]

Hey man, thanks alot for this code. I thought I had this game and I always compulsively check CAG codes just in case =).

I noticed GamersGate has Might & Magic games on sale, including Clash of Heroes which activates on Steam. It's $2.49 which is cheaper than it's ever been (msrp used to be 14.99, now it's 9.99.) Even better if you have the 20% off discount.

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is the

Also known as Out Of This World™, Another World is a pioneer action/platformer that released across more than a dozen platforms since its debut in 1991. Along the years, Another World™ has attained cult status among critics and sophisticated gamers alike.
Genre: Action, Adventure, Platformer

Another World is part of the current Humble Mobile Bundle which makes me very sad that there are no Steam keys, but hopeful that it will show up again in a future one with PC/Mac/Linux included.[/QUOTE]

Hurrrrraaaaah!

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I noticed GamersGate has Might & Magic games on sale, including Clash of Heroes which activates on Steam. It's $2.49 which is cheaper than it's ever been (msrp used to be 14.99, now it's 9.99.) Even better if you have the 20% off discount.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that, is the game any good?

Also, looking at the Evoland trailer it looks like the game goes from say Gameboy (non-color) to NES ro SNES, but I'm not quite sure it makes the full jump to N64/PS1 territory. It looks like some of the scenes are a little 3D, but not full on 3D.

[quote name='louiedog']
Genre: Action, Adventure, Platformer[/QUOTE]

Now we need Flashback: Quest for Identity to get the same treatment.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, I saw that, is the game any good?[/QUOTE]

Yes. A lot of people liked it more than I did, and at $2.50, it's a steal. Assuming you like puzzle games at all.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, I saw that, is the game any good?[/QUOTE]

There is a demo on Steam, but from what I played of the original DS version it's well worth it. Neat blend of strategy/puzzle/rpg gameplay. The PC release has identical game play but with very pretty high-res 2D art which I can always appreciate.

[quote name='Carlmundo']Today is a sad day.

My cousin just bought Magicka.... at full price![/QUOTE]

Wow. It's a rare opportunity to be able to buy Magicka at full price. :lol:

[quote name='Carlmundo']Today is a sad day.

My cousin just bought Magicka.... at full price![/QUOTE]

Paradox just tweeted they are celebrating the first full price sale of Magicka... ever!

[quote name='N3UROP0D']There is a demo on Steam, but from what I played of the original DS version it's well worth it. Neat blend of strategy/puzzle/rpg gameplay. The PC release has identical game play but with very pretty high-res 2D art which I can always appreciate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']Yes. A lot of people liked it more than I did, and at $2.50, it's a steal. Assuming you like puzzle games at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, might fire up the demo if I get some time this weekend.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Also, looking at the Evoland trailer it looks like the game goes from say Gameboy (non-color) to NES ro SNES, but I'm not quite sure it makes the full jump to N64/PS1 territory. It looks like some of the scenes are a little 3D, but not full on 3D.[/QUOTE]

IDK they look to get fairly close to PS1 era. Regardless it was an immediate Wishlist add for me, the concept is fantastic!

I gotta say, Omerta got bad reviews, but I loved it. May be worth picking up at this price if you're big on squad based combat and you like economic minigames (which is really all the sim overlay is).

[quote name='confuseousprime']Divinity is possibly on sale to drum up intersted in their kickstarter. I know I'll be purchasing and checking out to see if it's worth donating.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind the game they are pitching now is a turn-based party game like the older games of the Ultima series (which ironically, Richard Garriott himself is NOT producing with his own Kickstarter campaign). So while the games are in the same universe they are very different in terms of gameplay. Of course, the quality is still there.

[quote name='Mooby']Keep in mind the game they are pitching now is a turn-based party game like the older games of the Ultima series (which ironically, Richard Garriott himself is NOT producing with his own Kickstarter campaign). So while the games are in the same universe they are very different in terms of gameplay. Of course, the quality is still there.[/QUOTE]

They also have an RTS in development as well, Divinity: Dragon Commander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9lbrq3BLQU

[quote name='gilby']Now we need Flashback: Quest for Identity to get the same treatment.[/QUOTE]

YES!!!
I like this idea.

I got Flashback on my old Genesis - great game.

[quote name='Mooby']Keep in mind the game they are pitching now is a turn-based party game like the older games of the Ultima series (which ironically, Richard Garriott himself is NOT producing with his own Kickstarter campaign). So while the games are in the same universe they are very different in terms of gameplay. Of course, the quality is still there.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me started. Lord British why you gotta do us like that?

He has some fantasy that the pinnacle of PC gaming is playing with other people and it will be all happy fluffy bunnies and everyone will be respectful and have this great experience role playing that you can't have in a single player game. Right.

Original Sin looks really good and I have high hopes for it but I'm passing on the Kickstarter and will grab it later on. $25 minimum? Um, yeah I'll wait. I feel like the price of these kickstarters is inching up to the point where you aren't really paying much if at all less for the game and you still have to wait a long time for a product. From the wanting to support a game end it's fine but from a get in early and get a deal not so much anymore.

The whole 'pay $20 extra for beta access!' so you can help them test their game and get early access to a product you are already paying for well in advance doesn't sit well with me either, but just like PC versions of mobile ports selling for $5-10 while the mobile version is 99 cents, everyone is doing it and what I or anyone else might think about it doesn't seem to matter much.

Divinity 2 is criminally overlooked, mostly due to the poor console version but the PC version IMO is one of the best RPGs to come out in quite a long time.

First game is also highly regarded and worth playing and it's been remastered for windows 7.

\[quote name='spoderman']Pretty good deal for Divine Anthology, I don't think Divinity 2 has been much lower than that. I got Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity from GOG, and Divinity 2 for $6 from Amazon so I'll be passing.[/QUOTE]

Good deal imo, because the cheapest you've been able to pick these up has been:
$1 - Divine Divinity (GOG)
~$2 - Beyond Divinity (GMG w/Crapsule)
$6 - Divinity II DKS (Amazon, and still not get the update with the command console)
Total $9

So having them all on Steam for $1 more seems rather good.

[quote name='asheskitty']\

$6 - Divinity II DKS (Amazon, and still not get the update with the command console)
Total $9

So having them all on Steam for $1 more seems rather good.[/QUOTE]

Beyond Divinity was once FREE one day on GMG (the version which required Crapsule). :p

EDIT:
I discussed some GMG's Crapsule DRM version HERE.

EDIT 2:
[/QUOTE]
Bother [email protected], if you bought a version of DKS from Amazon DVG back when the game actually had Securom DRM key attached to it - and include the Securom key in an E-mail.
They'll hook you up w/ DC from their Larian Vault.

See HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Total $9

So having them all on Steam for $1 more seems rather good.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you could have gotten Divine Divinity for a penny if you were cheap enough ;), and as said by MysterD, Beyond Divinity was given away on GMG. I managed to get Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity free from a generous guy on GOG.

[quote name='spoderman']Actually, you could have gotten Divine Divinity for a penny if you were cheap enough ;), and as said by MysterD, Beyond Divinity was given away on GMG. I managed to get Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity free from a generous guy on GOG.[/QUOTE]

The only humble bundle I ever paid less than $1 for was the Botanicula bundle. They wanted $5 min for a steam key, so I gave then $0.25 (and don't spent it all in one place!). My PWYW cheapness has limits.

[quote name='MysterD']Bother [email protected], if you bought a version of DKS from Amazon DVG back when the game actually had Securom DRM key attached to it - and include the Securom key in an E-mail.
They'll hook you up w/ DC from their Larian Vault.

See HERE.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I was aware of that, but I have the DRM-FREE version, which puts me firmly in the screwed over category. ...I wonder if they've realized that's why they receive a footless rabbit in the mail every month.

[quote name='asheskitty']Thanks I was aware of that, but I have the DRM-FREE version, which puts me firmly in the screwed over category. ...I wonder if they've realized that's why they receive a footless rabbit in the mail every month.[/QUOTE]

Go kick & scream some more at Amazon DVG Tony and tell him to bug Focus to get DKS updated to DC Edition. :p
I gave up on it b/c....well, Larian took care of my problem.

[quote name='asheskitty']Oooh, new mod to summon GFWL friends in Dark Souls: PtD
DSCfix[/QUOTE]

While DSCFix sounds interesting, this is what really worries me....

Disclaimer:
Due to the nature of DSCfix it must make changes to the internal functionality of Dark Soul's multiplayer networking code.
Although there have been no issues during testing of DSCfix, I cannot be held responsible for any potential malfunctioning of the code or GFWL bans.
Use DSCfix at your own risk.

[quote name='asheskitty']The only humble bundle I ever paid less than $1 for was the Botanicula bundle. They wanted $5 min for a steam key, so I gave then $0.25 (and don't spent it all in one place!). My PWYW cheapness has limits.[/QUOTE]

My cheapness has no limit. I'm sure I paid a penny to get Divine Divinity on GOG.

[quote name='Motoki']
Original Sin looks really good and I have high hopes for it but I'm passing on the Kickstarter and will grab it later on. $25 minimum? Um, yeah I'll wait. I feel like the price of these kickstarters is inching up to the point where you aren't really paying much if at all less for the game and you still have to wait a long time for a product. From the wanting to support a game end it's fine but from a get in early and get a deal not so much anymore.

The whole 'pay $20 extra for beta access!' so you can help them test their game and get early access to a product you are already paying for well in advance doesn't sit well with me either, but just like PC versions of mobile ports selling for $5-10 while the mobile version is 99 cents, everyone is doing it and what I or anyone else might think about it doesn't seem to matter much.[/QUOTE]

I saw a news article today saying that PC gaming (even big studios with AAA titles) these days is more or less crowdfunded production with the ruse of selling a product. I thought that was kind of profound and actually makes a lot of sense with what we're seeing not only on Kickstarter but also with season passes, DLC, and the like.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']My cheapness has no limit. I'm sure I paid a penny to get Divine Divinity on GOG.[/QUOTE]

I made sure to pay the penny for DD, as well - namely for Soundtrack; DRM-FREE version; and for a Non-GameStop PC App version.

I already had DD from Retail disc and GameStop PC App.

GameStop PC App....yeah, it can be a pain for game back-ups.
You need to archive your game for each damn OS, for reinstalls!

[quote name='jshackles']Looks like it's from the newly released Evoland. :D[/QUOTE]

You would be correct. Put about two hours into it so far and seems like there might be two left to finish the story. Seems like a short game but it's pretty awesome if you started gaming since at least the NES era and enjoy adventure/rpg games. I've gone through Zelda, Final Fantasy and just recently the Diablo sections.

Definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested. At CAG prices, I'd say 50% off is a fair price for it when it goes on sale.

The only bad thing I can say about it so far is... no controller support. I had to load up Xpadder for the first time in a long time. Oh and the random battle parts are a tad too much.

Well I had been trying to stay strong, but finally broke down and picked up the Divine Anthology. Kept telling myself I wouldn't have time to get to them before the next time they go on sale, but just couldn't resist. I loved the first DD, fun writing and just a really well designed game, reminded me of what Ultima could/should have been like after VII/Serpent's Gate. Hopefully, the other two are as satisfying.

[quote name='Mighty Tor']Well I had been trying to stay strong, but finally broke down and picked up the Divine Anthology. Kept telling myself I wouldn't have time to get to them before the next time they go on sale, but just couldn't resist. I loved the first DD, fun writing and just a really well designed game, reminded me of what Ultima could/should have been like after VII/Serpent's Gate. Hopefully, the other two are as satisfying.[/QUOTE]

I just wish I could turn off the English voice-acting in DD. :whistle2:X

Divine Divinity is probably my second favorite Diablo style ARPG (behind Titan Quest), and Divinity 2 is just awesome. If you don't have either of those, buy the Anthology, seriously. Two completely different style games, yet they're both awesome.

I haven't played Beyond Divinity, but I've heard both good and bad about it. Probably the weakest of the three, but still worth the price. Larian is great.

I played BD, but never actually finished.
Yeah, it's good - and actually darker than DD.

But, yeah - DD and Div 2: DKS are just awesome.
DD feels like a more open-world Diablo...
...while Div 2: DKS feels more like a cross somewhere say b/t Fable and Oblivion/Skyrim.

Highly recommend the Divinity series.

[quote name='MysterD']I played BD, but never actually finished.
Yeah, it's good - and actually darker than DD.

But, yeah - DD and Div 2: DKS are just awesome.
DD feels like a more open-world Diablo...
...while Div 2: DKS feels more like a cross somewhere say b/t Fable and Oblivion/Skyrim.

Highly recommend the Divinity series.[/QUOTE]
The gameplay is a lot different than Fable or Skyrim though. It's basically a medieval TPS. Sort of like an MMO the way you map your abilities to your hotkeys and execute them on the fly (think The Secret World or SWTOR), but completely on a platformer/action style real time combat system.

It's good. It can be crazy difficult too if you don't train and gear up accordingly. Jumping into the battle with Amdusias? Holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back