The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Square Enix and Eidos go Steamworks only on PC versions, these days & age.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, actually they been Steamworks since like The Last Remnant which came out years ago. I bought Tomb Raider because I am actually going to play it once it's done downloading. It's rare I say that :lol:.

[quote name='MysterD']Square Enix and Eidos go Steamworks only on PC versions, these days & age.

EDIT:

That would be nice. ;)[/QUOTE]

i heard they are also adding GFWL

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, actually they been Steamworks since like The Last Remnant which came out years ago.[/quote]
Yep, I know - and I have that game.
I was never that great at it.

And apparently this is what you get when a burger and a cat have a human child

Baby-of-santa-burger-jpg-and-ashes-kitty-Skitty-by-Yee-jpg.jpeg

if asheskitty and I had a baby (morphed our avatars)

[quote name='Syntax Error']Mine wasn't horrible but let's say that one party got the shorter end of the stick.

Danica-jpg--Florence-jpg.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

:lol: :applause: Well done. Great to finally put a face to the name Flanica Wetrich.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I noticed GamersGate has Might & Magic games on sale, including Clash of Heroes which activates on Steam. It's $2.49 which is cheaper than it's ever been (msrp used to be 14.99, now it's 9.99.) Even better if you have the 20% off discount.[/QUOTE]

Bah. Just got around to trying out the demo and decided I want it...just in time for the sale to be over. I don't suppose anyone's got an extra copy?

GG has Stalker collection for $10, is it worth it? I quit PC gaming back in like 05 and just now got back in so i am playing catch up. I hear the modding community for it is insane.

[quote name='styl3s']GG has Stalker collection for $10, is it worth it? I quit PC gaming back in like 05 and just now got back in so i am playing catch up. I hear the modding community for it is insane.[/QUOTE]

I only have shadow of chernobyl... Modding is a MUST. It really is an awesome game, you can put countless hours on it... Don't know about the others, but should be great too.

Can't remember why I stopped playing, maybe a hard drive change and then I forgot about it. Will get to it as soon as I finish Binary Domain and Back to the Future.

Just of note, I don't think any of the GG STALKER games activate on Steam. At least none of them list Steam as DRM, I see Tages, DRM-Free, and one other.

Today's deal is Legend of Grimrock at 66% off ($5.09)

Weeklong Deals:
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - 75% off ($2.49 or $6.24 for 3-pack)
- Chaos Pack DLC - $0.49
Fireburst - 75% off ($2.49)
Ducati World Championship - 75% off ($1.24)
Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark - 60% off ($7.99)
Spectraball - 50% off ($2.49)

[quote name='juanjava']I only have shadow of chernobyl... Modding is a MUST. It really is an awesome game, you can put countless hours on it... Don't know about the others, but should be great too.

Can't remember why I stopped playing, maybe a hard drive change and then I forgot about it. Will get to it as soon as I finish Binary Domain and Back to the Future.[/QUOTE]

STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl & Call Of Pripyat are both awesome.

SOC even w/ its final official patch still had bugs and technical issues - but still, was awesome.
COP felt like the most polished; least bug-free; & least problematic of the club. It was as if they took all the complaints I had w/ SOC and Clear Sky - and tossed 'em out the window.

Clear Sky feels like a remix of SOC w/ a few new areas and some locations just had stuff moved around; and a few half-baked ideas (i.e. Faction Wars). It's nowhere as good as the other 2, IMHO.

I never modded any of them, actually - I played them out-the-box and they were awesome.
I'm betting w/ the mods, they're even more awesome.

EDIT:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just of note, I don't think any of the GG STALKER games activate on Steam. At least none of them list Steam as DRM, I see Tages, DRM-Free, and one other.[/QUOTE]

On Gamersgate....
SOC has Securom; Clear Sky is DRM-FREE; COP has Tages.
Honestly - I wish they ALL were DRM-FREE. :p

I'm curious for those who have Steam-versions of all the STALKER games, if on Steam they have any of that 3rd party DRM crap.
I hope Steam-versions there have only Steam-DRM.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just of note, I don't think any of the GG STALKER games activate on Steam. At least none of them list Steam as DRM, I see Tages, DRM-Free, and one other.[/QUOTE]

steamgamesales website has the deal posted so i assume they do. They only post games that are steam activated, no?

[quote name='styl3s'] They only post games that are steam activated, no?[/QUOTE]
No. SteamGameSales is automated and shows any game that the script/s find with a price marked as discounted.

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Legend of Grimrock at 66% off ($5.09)

Weeklong Deals:
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - 75% off ($2.49 or $6.24 for 3-pack)
- Chaos Pack DLC - $0.49
Fireburst - 75% off ($2.49)
Ducati World Championship - 75% off ($1.24)
Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark - 60% off ($7.99)
Spectraball - 50% off ($2.49)[/QUOTE]

thanks louie.

Just got stonewalled in Biosharks for 45 minutes because a guy got stuck in the environment where I couldn't kill him. I couldn't advance until I killed him. I saw his health bar a couple times and managed to hit him with the volley gun, but after that he hid deeper in whatever magical land he had found. Back to the start of that battle I guess.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ignore the daily deal... GamersGate just had Legend of Grimrock for 75% off.[/QUOTE]

Plus it was in one of the humble bundles, so it may go in a humble weekly for $1.

@walkonshadows

Ginger Snap! I like it!

@those morphs... apparently I should never have children. ...unless it's with a light basil sauce.

[quote name='MysterD']Due to Ashes' love of racing, I always thought Asheskitty was Danica Patrick.
{shrug}[/QUOTE]

And yet no one has mentioned Die Anna (Carmageddon)!

[quote name='DPsycho']I may just have to prepurchase Poker Night 2. I'll want to play it immediately, and I'm sure I'll be tired of it before it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Admit it, you just want the BL2 skins and TF2 hats. ^_~

Shift key: CBCBT-ZTC6C-H5FB3-JTTJT-WJC33

also, power-outs suck.

[quote name='DPsycho']I may just have to prepurchase Poker Night 2. I'll want to play it immediately, and I'm sure I'll be tired of it before it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

I never really had a interest in Poker Night until I heard Brock Samson from Venture Bros was going to be in the 2nd. Became a instant prepurchase for me lol.

[quote name='asheskitty']
Admit it, you just want the BL2 skins and TF2 hats. ^_~
[/QUOTE]

That Zero skin is pretty awesome...tempting...

[quote name='asheskitty']Admit it, you just want the BL2 skins and TF2 hats. ^_~[/QUOTE]

Even though I don't own Borderlands 2 and have only played TF2 for the Winter Sale coal acquisition... those bonuses do have their appeal. >.>

[quote name='Mooby']Anyone remember what time Indie Royale bundles typically go live? The next one should launch this week.[/QUOTE]

They usually tweet about it a few hours before it launches

[quote name='Mooby']Anyone remember what time Indie Royale bundles typically go live? The next one should launch this week.[/QUOTE]

Got a feeling that this one might finally be the one, eh?

As Drabe said, they have been tweeting a head's up a bout an hour before the bundles launch than it's going live soon. Spoderman will probably post about it here when they make that tweet.

As a general rule though, the bundles go live between 9:30AM & 12pm EST. There have been one or two bundles that have launched a little before that, or a few hours after that. But that three & a half hour window is about when you can expect it to launch. Who can say what day it will launch, though. But today or tomorrow feels about right.

I'm using down time between sales to organize my wishlists. Anybody want to weigh in on which 2D Worms game I should get? Armageddon, Revolution, or Reloaded? I never played much and I just want to have one in my collection. Which one is considered definitive?

Thanks!

[quote name='annihilator']I'm using down time between sales to organize my wishlists. Anybody want to weigh in on which 2D Worms game I should get? Armageddon, Revolution, or Reloaded? I never played much and I just want to have one in my collection. Which one is considered definitive?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Worms 2 > Worms Armageddon > Worms World Party > Worms Revolution >> Worms Reloaded >> Worms > Worms Ultimate Mayhem > Worms 4 Mayhem > Worms 3D > Worms Forts Under Siege.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Site legit? This game is number 1 on my wishlist.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't post something that I wouldn't buy myself, but as I already own Borderlands 2, I don't have any experience with the site personally.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Site legit? This game is number 1 on my wishlist.[/QUOTE]

People on Reddit have been using this site infrequently, I haven't heard of any issues.

I'm tempted by Poker Night 2, and even more tempted after seeing that the first game hasn't been below $2.49. However I don't like poker all that much and I'm wondering whether I'd get enough enjoyment if I like the idea of the characters conversing instead of the actual poker.

[quote name='Detruire']Worms 2 > Worms Armageddon > Worms World Party > Worms Revolution >> Worms Reloaded >> Worms > Worms Ultimate Mayhem > Worms 4 Mayhem > Worms 3D > Worms Forts Under Siege.[/QUOTE]

So the original Worms 2 is better than any of the remakes? I thought some of them were supposed to be enhanced versions. Did they screw up the physics or something?

[quote name='annihilator']So the original Worms 2 is better than any of the remakes? I thought some of them were supposed to be enhanced versions. Did they screw up the physics or something?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, yes. Other people think that Worms Armageddon is better. You can't go wrong with either, but imo Worms 2 is just more of a party with the weapon editor that's leagues ahead of the W:A equivalent.

The newer games simply don't play as well as the older games. Different physics, arsenals, weapon features, etc.

[quote name='Sion']I never really had a interest in Poker Night until I heard Brock Samson from Venture BrosAsh from Evil Dead was going to be in the 2nd. Became a instant prepurchase for me lol.[/QUOTE]

FTFY ;)

Actually I've played a bit of the first one, but didn't get into it much because I suck at poker. It probably gets me booted out of the grown men's club to admit this but I've never really understood it (and never had enough genuine interest to invest time and energy in figuring it out).

[quote name='DPsycho']Even though I don't own Borderlands 2 and have only played TF2 for the Winter Sale coal acquisition... those bonuses do have their appeal. >.>[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']What is a "ROW key"?[/QUOTE]

Rest of the World. Usually means it's uncensored as compared to a specific market that requires censorship (such as Germany) or has other restrictions (in the case of BL2 Russia I believe).

[quote name='warreni']FTFY ;)

Actually I've played a bit of the first one, but didn't get into it much because I suck at poker. It probably gets me booted out of the grown men's club to admit this but I've never really understood it (and never had enough genuine interest to invest time and energy in figuring it out).

Agreed.[/QUOTE]

Ash from evil dead isn't voiced by Bruce Campbell so it went from an insta buy for to a maybe. I would like the evil ash head for borderlands but...ehhh

I mean why, why add him to a game where conversation between the characters is one of the sellin points and NOT get Bruce to do some voice work....sigh

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Ash from evil dead isn't voiced by Bruce Campbell so it went from an insta buy for to a maybe. I would like the evil ash head for borderlands but...ehhh

I mean why, why add him to a game where conversation between the characters is one of the sellin points and NOT get Bruce to do some voice work....sigh[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't know why they would do this without Bruce's involvement either. I mean, for both of the video game releases based on the movies, he contributed voice work (and motion-capture too for, IIRC, Resurrection).

[quote name='warreni']Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't know why they would do this without Bruce's involvement either. I mean, for both of the video game releases based on the movies, he contributed voice work (and motion-capture too for, IIRC, Resurrection).[/QUOTE]

He does voice work for everything. It doesn't make sense and makes buying the game less appealing.

[quote name='warreni']Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't know why they would do this without Bruce's involvement either. I mean, for both of the video game releases based on the movies, he contributed voice work (and motion-capture too for, IIRC, Resurrection).[/QUOTE]

There's a new Evil Dead remake coming out isn't there? Cashing in on that maybe?

But yes - no Bruce no buy.

[quote name='Flowette']There's a new Evil Dead remake coming out isn't there? Cashing in on that maybe?

But yes - no Bruce no buy.[/QUOTE]

The new evil dead remake is out already. They purposely made it without ash as a character because raimi and co still want to come out with evil dead 3/army of darkness 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back