The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flowette']There's a new Evil Dead remake coming out isn't there? Cashing in on that maybe?

But yes - no Bruce no buy.[/QUOTE]

In fairness to the new film, it was made with the tacit and in the case of this video, explicit approval of BC and Sam Raimi.

[quote name='warreni']In fairness to the new film, it was made with the tacit and in the case of this video, explicit approval of BC and Sam Raimi.[/QUOTE]

I saw it Saturday, it was good, very gory but I still want my evil dead 3. Drag me to hell was a nice love letter to evil dead fans but...it was no evil dead.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']The new evil dead remake is out already. They purposely made it without ash as a character because raimi and co still want to come out with evil dead 3/army of darkness 2.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know about this. I had the impression they both had moved on. Raimi's obviously never going to hurt for work, after the high-profile, big budget movies he's directed in Hollywood and BC certainly seems to remember those films with fondness but beyond his TV work, his only regular roles seem to be as cameos in Raimi's various movies (which I'm assuming probably come with a nice paycheck attached. Odd that we never see Ted in any of the movies anymore).

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I saw it Saturday, it was good, very gory but I still want my evil dead 3. Drag me to hell was a nice love letter to evil dead fans but...it was no evil dead.[/QUOTE]

IMO, Drag Me to Hell wasn't that good. It felt like a remake of Thinner with better effects.

[quote name='Flowette']There's a new Evil Dead remake coming out isn't there? Cashing in on that maybe?

But yes - no Bruce no buy.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's probably to cash in on that new Duke 3D release. ;)

And yeah, no Bruce no buy. Well, I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but I'd think about it for some great Bruce Campbell Ash hamminess.

[quote name='warreni']I didn't know about this. I had the impression they both had moved on. Raimi's obviously never going to hurt for work, after the high-profile, big budget movies he's directed in Hollywood and BC certainly seems to remember those films with fondness but beyond his TV work, his only regular roles seem to be as cameos in Raimi's various movies (which I'm assuming probably come with a nice paycheck attached. Odd that we never see Ted in any of the movies anymore).

IMO, Drag Me to Hell wasn't that good. It felt like a remake of Thinner with better effects.[/QUOTE]

It would be army of darkness 2, per raimi. He said he and Ivan were going to try to work on a script this summer. Who knows though.

Drag me to hell had an evil dead feel to it, especially the seance scene. The one guy turns into a deadite and the talking goat. That's the laughing deer head on the wall in the cabin in evil dead 2

[quote name='Drabelincoln']The new evil dead remake is out already. They purposely made it without ash as a character because raimi and co still want to come out with evil dead 3/army of darkness 2.[/QUOTE]
At this point, probably the closest we are going to get to Army of Darkness 2 (if you base it on the Director's Cut ending) is this. Just imagine she is saying "Ash" instead of "Stover" and then stop the movie at exactly 1:23:56.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSyB956Ns5c

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I saw it Saturday, it was good, very gory but I still want my evil dead 3. Drag me to hell was a nice love letter to evil dead fans but...it was no evil dead.[/QUOTE]

Drag Me To Hell wasn't anywhere near the Evil Dead series. The effects were bad for a 2009 movie, and both the plot and acting left a lot to be desired. I didn't like it even as a cheesy Raimi.

The closest we've had to Evil Dead 3 is The Cabin in The Woods; I mean it's a Whedon homage to the series, complete with his own quirky twists. And in terms of makeup and general plot, the closest to Army of Darkness 2 was Season of the Witch.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I couldn't get into Cabin in the Woods. Just too over the top and cheesy for my liking.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the only thing similar to evil dead with that movie was well, the cabin in the woods.

[quote name='yantelope']Mirror's Edge is on sale! Quick, that moment you've been waiting for! It hasn't been on sale for at least a week![/QUOTE]

Best sale in weeks!

[quote name='spoderman']Atom Zombie Smasher was in Humble Bundle 3, in case anyone forgot they have it.[/QUOTE]

And if you don't have it, it's well worth the dollar.

[quote name='spoderman']Atom Zombie Smasher was in Humble Bundle 3, in case anyone forgot they have it.[/QUOTE]

Flotilla was in something too I think

Yeah, it was BTA stuff, I only managed to get a NON-BTA key :cry:

Flotilla was in an Indie Royale. They really picked the wrong game (from a profit perspective) to put at BTA. TFoL is a 15-20 minutes long 'visual experience' -- more people would have probably shelled out for Atom Zombie Smasher. But, yeah, if you don't own AZS then it's definitely worth the $1.

[quote name='Mooby']Flotilla was in an Indie Royale. They really picked the wrong game (from a profit perspective) to put at BTA. TFoL is a 15-20 minutes long 'visual experience' -- more people would have probably shelled out for Atom Zombie Smasher. But, yeah, if you don't own AZS then it's definitely worth the $1.[/QUOTE]

Flotilla hasn't been bundled before. Atom Zombie Smasher was in Humble Bundle 3 though.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I couldn't get into Cabin in the Woods. Just too over the top and cheesy for my liking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Agreed, the only thing similar to evil dead with that movie was well, the cabin in the woods.[/QUOTE]

Charlatans

[quote name='Malikai']How is Post Apocalyptic Mayhem? Worth the $3 with dlc?[/QUOTE]

Completely mediocre, 2nd rate cart racer on rails imo. It had a free weekend on Steam in the last year.

[quote name='asheskitty']
And yet no one has mentioned Die Anna (Carmageddon)!
[/QUOTE]
I actually never played Carmageddon.

I know, I know - you've probably played just about every racing game in existence, eh? ;)

Preorder for Resident Evil Revelations is up. $50 seems kinda steep; the usual assortment of unlocks are present. Maybe I'll just play it for a fraction of the price on the 3DS.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Preorder for Resident Evil Revelations is up. $50 seems kinda steep; the usual assortment of unlocks are present. Maybe I'll just play it for a fraction of the price on the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

There's like 3 games on Steam that you don't own. You know you are going to buy it sooner or later.

[quote name='Motoki']There's like 3 games on Steam that you don't own. You know you are going to buy it sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

I still regret not getting the coveted Petz series during the Ubisoft sale. I can only hope they get a discount in the future.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I still regret not getting the coveted Petz series during the Ubisoft sale. I can only hope they get a discount in the future.[/QUOTE]

I own Pet Zombies on 3DS.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Anyone have any idea what this "Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)" sitting in my library is?[/QUOTE]

Did you get in on the beta?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Did you get in on the beta?[/QUOTE]
No, it's Company of Heroes, not Company of Heroes 2.

[quote name='akmgmer']Its probably this: http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/21/4133936/company-of-heroes-adding-steamworks-support[/QUOTE]
So basically the original Company of Heroes entry in my pointless now, so I have one fully functional version of the game, and one with only offline functionality?

That's kinda stupid. Why didn't they just make the original entry steamworks?

[quote name='Idiotekque']No, it's Company of Heroes, not Company of Heroes 2.

So basically the original Company of Heroes entry in my pointless now, so I have one fully functional version of the game, and one with only offline functionality?

That's kinda stupid. Why didn't they just make the original entry steamworks?[/QUOTE]

Ah, I wasn't sure if the new one was just another "Sim City" or officially 2. I see I have it too. Do you still need a Relic account? That was always a pain in the anus.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Ah, I wasn't sure if the new one was just another "Sim City" or officially 2. I see I have it too. Do you still need a Relic account? That was always a pain in the anus.[/QUOTE]
I have no idea. I really should try the game, but I'm not much for competitive multiplayer in RTS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back