The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I once watched something on a dude who played racing games with two controllers at once, two consoles, both online, one controller with his hands, one with his feet, on his own team, and beat everyone.

No kidding.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I once watched something on a dude who played racing games with two controllers at once, two consoles, both online, one controller with his hands, one with his feet, on his own team, and beat everyone.

No kidding.[/QUOTE]

On a console? At 30 FPS?

Did he have a helper Capuchin trained to claw his eyes out for him, as well?

;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']one controller with his hands, one with his feet[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ItsJB']What the.. Is that even possible? He must've had 4 hands...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Eldredpe']On a console? At 30 FPS?

Did he have a helper Capuchin trained to claw his eyes out for him, as well?

;)
[/QUOTE]
It was Project Gotham Racing too. He was clearly a masochist. A very talented masochist.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Troll key: 7P50Z-Z3WER-03EB9

Good key: BIGX6-ZF2VW-BXZKL (Cave Story+)[/QUOTE]

I tried the troll key but it said I already owned whatever that was :(

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I tried the troll key but it said I already owned whatever that was :([/QUOTE]

It seems that you have been trolled. :whistle2:#

In case you don't check the thread, Gamersgate has Skyrim, Dishonored for half off (15 bucks). Slightly cheaper if you buy via the UK site (12ish).

[quote name='Corpekata']In case you don't check the thread, Gamersgate has Skyrim, Dishonored for half off (15 bucks). Slightly cheaper if you buy via the UK site (12ish).[/QUOTE]

I think anyone who wants to play Skyrim today could find $15 in value from it, but with the recent price drop and a new package with all DLC coming in a month, I imagine we'll see the entire suite of content for under $20 this summer for those who content with waiting.

[quote name='louiedog']I think anyone who wants to play Skyrim today could find $15 in value from it, but with the recent price drop and a new package with all DLC coming in a month, I imagine we'll see the entire suite of content for under $20 this summer for those who content with waiting.[/QUOTE]

I think that's overly optimistic. Since the GOTY edition will be $45 and be out soon - and I doubt that'll be 50% until Winter. We'll probably see it at 50% off for all at current retails, which would still be $15 + $12.49 DLC.

Bethesda is stingy with discounting their GOTYs for quite a while generally. Certainly not going over half off within a month of release.

[quote name='Izod517']I think that's overly optimistic. Since the GOTY edition will be $45 and be out soon - and I doubt that'll be 50% until Winter. We'll probably see it at 50% off for all at current retails, which would still be $15 + $12.49 DLC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']Bethesda is stingy with discounting their GOTYs for quite a while generally. Certainly not going over half off within a month of release.[/QUOTE]

I said summer, not summer sale. And it's a Steamworks game being released at retail which negates Bethesda's involvement in setting the discount price.

[quote name='Izod517']Still think it's overly optimistic to save $5.[/QUOTE]

Then I guess you missed the part where I said the game is completely worth the current price and people who want to play it now should buy.

Also, the world is going crazy, because I didn't realize it's $60 in the US. When I last saw pricing info only some other territories were listed, like Australia where it's $10 cheaper. Skyrim and its DLC is currently >$15 more expensive on Steam there.

[quote name='Mooby']Amazon had the entire Sam franchise for $10 shortly before the major holiday sales started. Wouldn't be surprised to see that deal again in the future. Also agree that the games are fundamentally the same.[/QUOTE]

If you're dying to have every single game in your library, it looks like the Serious Sam 3: BFE Deluxe Upgrade will get you 1st and 2nd Encounter Classics, which the Amazon pack didn't include. It's only two bucks, but I'm not sure if there's a reason to own them if you already have the HD versions.

[quote name='Woodlands']If you're dying to have every single game in your library, it looks like the Serious Sam 3: BFE Deluxe Upgrade will get you 1st and 2nd Encounter Classics, which the Amazon pack didn't include. It's only two bucks, but I'm not sure if there's a reason to own them if you already have the HD versions.[/QUOTE]

Nostalgia

[youtube]ydxIeO-2C2M[/youtube]

[quote name='Flowette']Skyrim is one of those games I regularly see on friends' lists which has 100+ hours playtime.[/QUOTE]

133 hours here, and perhaps unsurprisingly I have yet to finish the main quest.

That's without any DLC but with a LOT of mods. I think my Skyrim is probably completely indistinguishable from the vanilla game at this point.

The Anomaly 2 gift for buying via the Humble Store on the official site is Anomaly Korea which has so far been unavailable on PC. I assume it's not a Steam key, but since it's the Humble Store it may get added if the game goes on the service. Anomaly Korea is currently listed as exclusive to this deal, but that's obviously for the time being because why wouldn't they sell it? I also wouldn't be surprised for it to show up on PC in a future HIB. It was already in the mobile exclusive one.

So at 10% off, $13.49 gets you 2 copies of Anomaly 2 and Anomaly Korea.

link

info

[quote name='Eldredpe']That's without any DLC but with a LOT of mods. I think my Skyrim is probably completely indistinguishable from the vanilla game at this point.[/QUOTE]

So if it's completely indistinguishable from the vanilla game, what do the mods do?

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Troll key: 7P50Z-Z3WER-03EB9

Good key: BIGX6-ZF2VW-BXZKL (Cave Story+)[/QUOTE]

Got Cave Story! YAY! Thanks!

[quote name='vicktor']Got Cave Story! YAY! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Did that really last 8 hours? I guess everyone now has Cave Story+. I look forward to it being today's deal.

[quote name='louiedog']Did that really last 8 hours? I guess everyone now has Cave Story+. I look forward to it being today's deal.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that too.. he probably redeemed it hours ago but forgot to post, or didn't have time to post until now.

If not.. then I'm surprised lol.

[quote name='asheskitty']I just noticed Burnout Paradise @ $5 is part of the mid-week that escaped notice.. I'd highly recommend it, right up there with NFS Hot Pursuit (2010), and ahead of rest of the mid-week NFS games.[/QUOTE]

I really wish Steam would come up with a better way to display these. You shouldn't have to do deep searching and dig through 10% off pre-orders to find these 1-2 day sales.

[quote name='MysterD']Major difference b/t NFS: Undercover and RRU - I really dug the hell out of RRU. NFS: Undercover didn't feel like much of an improvement or change over NFS: Most Wanted 2005, whereas I never played a racing game as destructive RR game before.
Probably helped that I still ain't touched Split/Second yet, either - even though I've had that on my backlog (from Retail on disc!) for some time.
Even when RRU was absolutely kicking my butt at times, I just couldn't stop coming back for more and more and more. It kept dangling a certain carrot (Achievements, Unlocking New Areas, Unlocking More Challenges in an Area, Unlock More Cars, getting closer to Level-Up, etc etc) to make me keep trying and not give up.

Actually, that sounds like some other game I play here & there - Dark Souls. Except, well - I am absolutely terribly horrible at Dark Souls. The carrot that Dark Souls game dangles is: "I want to level-up; I want that satisfaction of beating a boss; and I need to go right now and get all those Lost Souls back!".

{shrug}

EDIT:

If only Watch Dogs was $25. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Yep, Undercover was a middle-of-the-road sequel to Carbon. ...aah you havent' touched Split/Second yet... even more destruction in Split/Second.. and the AI drivers can/will trigger it. On the right course, with the right amount of destructive resource, it can take you from last to first.

[quote name='louiedog']Did that really last 8 hours? I guess everyone now has Cave Story+. I look forward to it being today's deal.[/QUOTE]

There was a huge lurker party last night, which probably explains it.

Regarding Fallen Enchantress, the daily deal @ ~ $10. If you want it you're better off just skipping it and getting Legendary Heroes which includes FE plus changes and additions and has basically replaced FE. Any further development/changes/additions etc beyond simple bug fixes is pretty much going to be done on LH and not FE.

Now I know some people might want to get FE on the cheap to get the 50% off discount for LH but if that's the case you are better off finding someone who already owns FE and getting them to gift you LH for $20 and just not even bothering to buy FE. I honestly see no reason to buy Fallen Enchantress at this point. IMO they should just phase it out and stop selling it.

Yeah this is really the worst weekend deal ever. The two games combined have a total discount of $5 off $80! Steam really needs to rethink their sales after this abortion.

[quote name='Rirse']Yeah this is really the worst weekend deal ever. The two games combined have a total discount of $5 off $80! Steam really needs to rethink their sales after this abortion.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wager that the Blops discount is simply a bug, and it's not actually zero percent off.

[quote name='Corpekata']I'm going to wager that the Blops discount is simply a bug, and it's not actually zero percent off.[/QUOTE]

If it's not a bug I'm thinking it's a raging 25-33% off. I'm kinda hoping it's 0% off.

I'm looking for the Gods and Kings DLC for Civ V but I don't want to pay 20+ for it . Does anybody have any ideas where to land a cheaper copy?

[quote name='louiedog']Blops 2 is 33% off ($40.19)
$53.59 for digital deluxe[/QUOTE]

:lol: /flex

[quote name='Greybeard']I'm looking for the Gods and Kings DLC for Civ V but I don't want to pay 20+ for it . Does anybody have any ideas where to land a cheaper copy?[/QUOTE]

Hop in your time machine and go back to late December. $3.15 on GMG.

[quote name='Terlan']Activision really needs to plan their sales better.[/QUOTE]

It's their way of saying they don't want your smelly smelly dolla bills. ...hmm maybe that's why their going bankrupt.

Just to change the thread off Reddit amateur hour backwash and terrible deals, gonna go OT with a quick question.

I still haven't figured out a couple things in Analogue: A Hate Story. Were we supposed to not like the guy *Mute was so keen on defending? It never seemed like he was anything worse than just a boor sometimes

Ok, the games featured on the Steam Weekend Sale for this weekend don't suck, but the discounts on them do.

At this rate, Green Man Gaming will take over Steam's title of "King of Discounts".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Genocidal']I try to not be negative about deals in here, but this might be the worst set of weekend deals to date.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rirse']Yeah this is really the worst weekend deal ever. The two games combined have a total discount of $5 off $80! Steam really needs to rethink their sales after this abortion.[/QUOTE]

Gabe told me this is a special Steam summer sale preview weekend.

[quote name='razorracer83']Ok, the games featured on the Steam Weekend deals for this weekend don't suck, but the discounts on them do.

At this rate, Green Man Gaming will take over Steam place for King of Discounts.[/QUOTE]

Deals=Discounts so you can't separate the two.

[quote name='asheskitty']
Hop in your time machine and go back to late December. $3.15 on GMG.[/QUOTE]

He can go a little further and bring us some games removed from steam. And I want brand new copies (factory sealed) of final fantasy 7 and Ultima 7 :lol:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Deals=Discounts so you can't separate the two.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant to put Steam Weekend Sale instead of Steam Weekend deals. Didn't think it much of a mistake, though. In any case, I've corrected the error.

But I think we can all agree that while the games that are put on sale are good, the discounts themselves are pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back