The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I feel dirty, I sold all my invites for $7 on the marketplace[/QUOTE]

People really paid for those? :lol:

[quote name='KaOTiK']Anyone have a spare invite for the trading card thing? I joined the group but it has like 50,500 people already lol :([/QUOTE]

I joined when it had only had 21,000 members and I still haven't received an invite yet

Apparently the card drops in game are random - you can literally leave the game open and get cards. Also, cards sell for $1.50-$3 on the Steam marketplace. Interestin' ideas a'brewin.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']it sets the recommended settings for your system when you first boot up the game so I decided to turn on some higher settings to make it look better, it brought my 2 year old video card (AMD 6870) to its knees, it crashed two times in the first 30 minutes of gameplay. I may have to bring the settings down whenever I get back to playing it again.[/QUOTE]

Wowsers!

I still need to work on Metro 2033.
And that surely wasn't a great optimized game, either. But, like STALKER (when it came out) - damn, it was gorgeous!

BTW - just read this article about 4A's work conditions.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']The SuperBox (includes all of the X3 games, as well as all the X and X2 games) has also been 75% off. Steam says I bought it for $9.99 on Christmas Day 2011.[/QUOTE]
Right, I meant Superbox. No idea why I said goldbox, lol.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Apparently the card drops in game are random - you can literally leave the game open and get cards. Also, cards sell for $1.50-$3 on the Steam marketplace. Interestin' ideas a'brewin.[/QUOTE]

Is that for any game, or any Valve game? I imagine the latter, kinda like the coal-earning achievements of 2011. And I can see that price going down quickly with all the TF2 farmers out there. Still, I'm inclined to leave a game open all night for some cards... ;)

[quote name='Blade']Is that for any game, or any Valve game? I imagine the latter, kinda like the coal-earning achievements of 2011. I can see that price going down quickly with all the TF2 farmers out there, though. Still, I'm inclined to leave a game open all night for some cards... ;)[/QUOTE]

Only the games involved in the "Trading Card" scheme. So HL2, TF2, Don't Starve, Dota 2, etc. I made about $5 in an hour or so by just leaving HL2 on. Farm now, as the more people introduced in the beta the lower the value. If you don't have DOTA, you can buy it in the marketplace for .01.

[quote name='MysterD']Wowsers!

I still need to work on Metro 2033.
And that surely wasn't a great optimized game, either. But, like STALKER (when it came out) - damn, it was gorgeous!

BTW - just read this article about 4A's work conditions.[/QUOTE]

wow didn't know they had such a hard time during development, between the small budget, power outages, smuggling in dev kits/high-end pc's and working in freezing temperatures is a miracle they got the game done.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']If you don't have DOTA, you can buy it in the marketplace for .01.[/QUOTE]

"Because Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 are free to play games, they use a slightly different mechanism for dropping cards. In order to receive card drops for these games, you must have made an in-game purchase at some point (or, in the case of Team Fortress 2, owned the game prior to the Free to Play release). Future in-game purchases will result in more card drops. You can see how many card drops you have remaining on your badges page."

I'm also confused about the "X card drops remaining" - they don't seem to say what this actually means. The first thing that I thought of was the drop limit in TF2 (so many possible over a certain period of time - unspecified, of course.)

[quote name='Detruire']"Because Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2 are free to play games, they use a slightly different mechanism for dropping cards. In order to receive card drops for these games, you must have made an in-game purchase at some point (or, in the case of Team Fortress 2, owned the game prior to the Free to Play release). Future in-game purchases will result in more card drops. You can see how many card drops you have remaining on your badges page."[/QUOTE]

Buy Treasure of Crystalline Chaos for 3 cents.

Got in, was around 7k when I signed up. Here is a question, so when they say you can only get half the cards, do they mean you can only get half of the cards (but in an unlimited amount) or is it just you only get half of a set and that's it?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got in, was around 7k when I signed up. Here is a question, so when they say you can only get half the cards, do they mean you can only get half of the cards (but in an unlimited amount) or is it just you only get half of a set and that's it?[/QUOTE]

See my previous post (they conveniently missed that in the FAQ.)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got in, was around 7k when I signed up. Here is a question, so when they say you can only get half the cards, do they mean you can only get half of the cards (but in an unlimited amount) or is it just you only get half of a set and that's it?[/QUOTE]
Apparently you only get half of a set. You have to trade for the others, which is pretty damn stupid if you ask me. :\

ブランドに対する彼のビジョンは、ãƒ$ンドンと、彼がサボイ・ホテルで働いていた時に見た英国貴族の洗練された審美眼から培われたものです。 ブートは 、 大きい足を持っている人たちと同様 、 小さい脚部を持っている女性たちのために作られる。荒木飛呂彦氏による『ジョジョの奇妙な冒険』とイタリアのファッションブランド・グッチのコラボレーションによる漫画『徐倫、GUCCIで飛ぶ』が、今年1月2月にかけて全世界のグッチ直営ショップのウィンドウで展開されることが明らかになった『徐倫、GUCCIで飛ぶ』は、ファッションモード誌『SPUR』の2013å¹´2月号に別冊付録として封入された漫画で、同誌2011å¹´10月号に掲載された『岸辺露伴 グッチへ行く』に続くコラボレーションの第2弾作品『ジョジョの奇妙な冒険』の第6部「ストーンオーシャン」の主人公・空条徐倫のスピンオフ作品であり、第5部の登å$´äººç‰©ãƒ–ãƒ$ーノ・ブチャラティやレオーネ・アバッã‚$オも登å$´ã—、母の形見としてグッチのコレクションを受け継いã$徐倫の、東京へ向かう前の物語が描かれている作ä¸$で3人が着用している洋服はすべてGUCCIのアイコンである「フãƒ$ーラ」パターンが象徴的に取り入れられた2013年クルーズコレクションであり、前作『岸辺露伴 グッチへ行く』に続き、大きな話題となった今回の荒木氏とのコラボレーションによるスペシャルウィンドウは、全世界70店舗を超えるグッチショップで1月初旬から2月ä¸$旬まで掲出ウィンドウデザインにあわせて、『SPUR』とFacebookグッチオフィシャルページでは、エクスクルーシブな漫画の掲載をはじめ、ショップ内およびオンライン・ビデオなど、マルチメディアã‚$ャンペーンが展開されるという昨年開催された「ジョジョ展」記者発表会では、『SPUR』、そしてGUCCIとのコラボレーションについて「夢にも思わなかった、というかありえない!」と話していた荒木氏ã$が、今回の世界的な展開にあたり、次のように語っている「かã$てよりイタリアの文化や芸術が大好きで、イタリアの伝統とデザイン、ファッションを代表するブランド、グッチとコラボレーションできたことを光æ$„に思いますフリーダによる力強いカラーとグラフィックの美しいクルーズコレクションを見た瞬間からインスピレーションが広がり、そこから今回の描き下ろしに登å$´ã™ã‚‹ã‚$ャラクターとストーリーへと自然に取り組めました今回のグッチとのプãƒ$ジェクトは非常に刺激的なコラボレーションでした」そして、現グッチで主にレディース、メンズ、アクセサリーを統括するクリエイティブ・ディレクターのフリーダ・ジャンニーニは、今回のプãƒ$ジェクトを「これまでのコラボレーションのä¸$でもっとも楽しいもの」と表現し、荒木氏が描く物語と画力を「荒木氏が創りã$したマンガストーリーは、エネルギーとセンシュアリティ、そして惹きつけてやまないé$…力にあふれ、私がデザインしたクルーズコレクションに楽しく、そしてé$…惑的に命を吹き込んでいます今回のウィンドウデザインは、世界ä¸$の都市で道行く人々の足をæ$¢ã‚ã€è’木氏が創りã$したすばらしいファンタジーの世界に引き込まれることでしょう」と賛辞を送っているスペシャルウィンドウの日本国内での展開は、1月8日よりグッチ銀座、グッチ青山、グッチ大阪、仙台藤崎グッチショップにてスタートし、その後もグッチ新宿、ジェイアール京都伊勢丹グッチショップ、グッチ名古屋でé$†æ¬¡å±•é–‹ã•ã‚Œã¦ã„く予定(C)LUCKY LAND COMMUNICATIONS / SHUEISHA

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Apparently you only get half of a set. You have to trade for the others, which is pretty damn stupid if you ask me. :\[/QUOTE]
So what I am confused about is when I play a game say TF2, can I get multiples of the cards I own or is it I just get one card. I understand you can only collect half the set but is it possible to get multiples of those for trading?

[quote name='Genocidal']You can get multiples. Out of my 3 allotted drops in Don't Starve I got two of the same card.[/QUOTE]

I received a single duplicate for each of the games that I have cards from (TF2, Portal2, HL2.)

[quote name='vince_carter']it's a shame you need all 3 on origin to bring a character through all 3[/QUOTE]

No you don't. I brought my character from the Steam versions of ME 1 and 2 straight to 3.

Yeah me niether, but it looks neat. One of the regulars was talking about it and wanted the reminder, either MysterD, Idiot, or Spoder.

[quote name='Izod517']Can't you also redeem the CD-Key w/ Show CD-Key on Origin as well? Not sure.

Anyways, Reus released today at 10% off, it's also on GG so if you have the 20% oops then get it there.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222730/

I know someone was watching for this one (can't remember who), so here's your reminder.[/QUOTE]

Cheapest is probably GMG, they have it for 9, plus their 20% coupon works on it. So 7.20

Dev said they would provide Bleed steam keys for purchasers. They just have to figure out how it all works. Steam provides as many keys as they want.

So I'm looking at buying a Steam Trading Card beta off the marketplace (yeah, I know) and I guess I have to pay with Steam wallet? And I have to add $5 minimum? Even the dang 3DS eShop doesn't make you do that. Is there any way I can just use Paypal?

Also, for those that already have the Beta, CS:GO free weekend should be an easy chance to get free cards.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']So I'm looking at buying a Steam Trading Card beta off the marketplace (yeah, I know) [/QUOTE]

Damn, I should have held on to mine - they're selling for about $2.50 - $3.50 each???

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back