The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoderman']Clear your browser cookies, or try a different browser.[/QUOTE]

Hm. I tried three different browsers to no avail.

Somebody sell me on Thomas Was Alone. I'm torn between redeeming this key or dropping it for cheap on the trade thread. Will I like this game or get annoyed by it?

Finally, if some benighted soul has yet to play Mass Effect 2 and wants a free Origin key (for personal use), PM me.

[quote name='spoderman']Clear your browser cookies, or try a different browser.[/QUOTE]

Hm. I tried three different browsers to no avail.

Somebody sell me on Thomas Was Alone. I'm torn between redeeming this key or dropping it for cheap on the trade thread. Will I like this game or get annoyed by it?

Finally, if some benighted soul has yet to play Mass Effect 2 and wants a free Origin key (for personal use), PM me.

Free Shadow Warrior? Prepare to cringe at what they got away with in the 90s. Does that game have a boss key handy so my loved ones won't lose respect for me?

Guess I don't need my disc copy of that game anymore.

Finally got the Sherlock Holmes Nemesis demo to work using legacy PhysX drivers, and the field of view is so narrow I couldn't play any. I hope most of the games in that Frogwares bundle aren't like that as I want them all but if they cause me physical pain while playing I won't grab them.

I am tempted by the Sacred Citadel 3-Pack but how many of you think it may end up in an Indie bundle of sorts soon?

$5.83 isn't too bad and I enjoyed the demo enough for multiplayer.

Thoughts?

[quote name='Drabelincoln']From what I'm reading on reddit it's not bound to your account though. When you uninstall it vanishes from your library[/QUOTE]

That makes sense since every other game listed as free seems to operate the same way.

[quote name='louiedog']That makes sense since every other game listed as free seems to operate the same way.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't portal free at one point on steam? I'm pretty sure that's how I got it however when I uninstalled it, it remained in my library.

Someone hacked their Facebook app and took all the keys they had to distribute for it...so they decided to give it away this way. I'm not sure if you have it installed after the limited time free to play period if you'll still have it.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Wasn't portal free at one point on steam? I'm pretty sure that's how I got it however when I uninstalled it, it remained in my library.

Someone hacked their Facebook app and took all the keys they had to distribute for it...so they decided to give it away this way. I'm not sure if you have it installed after the limited time free to play period if you'll still have it.[/QUOTE]

Portal was 100% off for a limited time. Games like Alien Swarm and Moonbase Alpha which are always free only show up in your library when they are installed. Did they say what would happen after this stops being free?

[quote name='louiedog']Portal was 100% off for a limited time. Games like Alien Swarm and Moonbase Alpha which are always free only show up in your library when they are installed. Did they say what would happen after this stops being free?[/QUOTE]

Just says its free for a limited time. They haven't given any indication if it would remain on accounts.

"Looks like people are loving Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) so we'll just keep it F2P forever"

"Sorry for the Facebook promo issue earlier - after it was exploited we decided to just make the game free to play for all."

from their twitter

[quote name='louiedog']"Looks like people are loving Shadow Warrior Classic (1997) so we'll just keep it F2P forever"

"Sorry for the Facebook promo issue earlier - after it was exploited we decided to just make the game free to play for all."

from their twitter[/QUOTE]

Well there we have it

[quote name='asheskitty']LOL @ so much fuss over a DOOM clone (with a 2.5D engine) that probably hasn't aged well, and who's source code was GPL'd eight years ago.

I'd rather be playing Marathon, original or Aleph One revamp.[/QUOTE]

Well, the fuss is over a free Steam game. This one happens to be Shadow Warrior. I think that's an important distinction as you're right, Shadow Warrior itself isn't amazing. I just played 4 minutes and may never launch the game again.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I am tempted by the Sacred Citadel 3-Pack but how many of you think it may end up in an Indie bundle of sorts soon?

$5.83 isn't too bad and I enjoyed the demo enough for multiplayer.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

didn't even know this game was on sale, thanks for the heads up. I'm off to the steam trading thread to see if I can fill a group buy.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']didn't even know this game was on sale, thanks for the heads up. I'm off to the steam trading thread to see if I can fill a group buy.[/QUOTE]

OP, see the OP
(damn that feels weird saying that in the Steam thread) ;)

[quote name='louiedog']Well, the fuss is over a free Steam game. This one happens to be Shadow Warrior. I think that's an important distinction as you're right, Shadow Warrior itself isn't amazing. I just played 4 minutes and may never launch the game again.[/QUOTE]

You want to wash wang or you want to watch wang wash wang

[quote name='Izod517']Nevermind...[/QUOTE]

I am a man with a tool, make a special acupuncture for you.

I played the hell out of shadow warrior my freshman year of college. I bought it over at GOG. Nostalgia

Call of Duty: Ghosts is available for pre-purchase. There's no discount or bonus offered. The game doesn't unlock for 6 months. I have absolutely no clue why anyone would do this, but I'll bet anything that a ton of people do.

[quote name='asheskitty']OP, see the OP
(damn that feels weird saying that in the Steam thread) ;)[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting that the OP actually gets updated now, I'll have to check it more often

usually steam sends me an email when a game from my wishlist goes on sale, they failed to do that this time

[quote name='louiedog']Call of Duty: Ghosts is available for pre-purchase. There's no discount or bonus offered. The game doesn't unlock for 6 months. I have absolutely no clue why anyone would do this, but I'll bet anything that a ton of people do.[/QUOTE]
It's sad but people will preorder this at full price, no bonuses just because of the name.

Bought Max Payne 3/LA Noire

I originally wasn't going to buy MP3 on PC because of that game taking 18 years to download on my backwoods horrible DSL but through the magic of other internet connections I have access to, it's no so bad now.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']I keep forgetting that the OP actually gets updated now, I'll have to check it more often

usually steam sends me an email when a game from my wishlist goes on sale, they failed to do that this time[/QUOTE]

I think the email only happens if a game is the daily deal.

[quote name='louiedog']Call of Duty: Ghosts is available for pre-purchase. There's no discount or bonus offered. The game doesn't unlock for 6 months. I have absolutely no clue why anyone would do this, but I'll bet anything that a ton of people do.[/QUOTE]

Activision, please make Mo-Cop Dog be a pre-order bonus TF2 item ala Balloonicorn.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. I tried three different browsers to no avail.

Finally, if some benighted soul has yet to play Mass Effect 2 and wants a free Origin key (for personal use), PM me.[/QUOTE]

Download the DRM-Free version to test it out. All sources I've encountered say the game is enjoyable, but some said the attempt at narrative is lacking.

[quote name='pantsattack']Download the DRM-Free version to test it out. All sources I've encountered say the game is enjoyable, but some said the attempt at narrative is lacking.[/QUOTE]

It's Jackanory with rectangles. That aside, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm nearly halfway through.

I've played worse.

[quote name='Izod517']You can try http://shadow-warrior.fmsrvr.com/code.php as well. But it's giving the same damn SQL error.

Sucks, I have good memories playing with Lo Wang.[/QUOTE]

Their coding is all shit. All you had to do was "View Source" and usernames, passwords, and IP addresses were displayed for you to log into the server and take all of the serial keys. I remember playing this as a kid at my uncle's house at Christmas. It was a lot of fun back then, but there are so many games now that I wouldn't spend any time on it.

[quote name='asheskitty']LOL @ so much fuss over a DOOM clone (with a 2.5D engine) that probably hasn't aged well, and who's source code was GPL'd eight years ago.[/QUOTE]

It's a Duke Nukem 3D clone, actually. All the toilet humor, bad puns, and raunchy jokes you'd expect from the king. ;)

Has anyone had this issue on launching steam before? Happens every time I relaunch the program and deleting the blob is only a temp fix.
KFUJvSt.png

Ostrich Island does look really... ummm... cool.. and different. Is this the first time in VG history you get to play as an ostrich? Probably not, but still cool.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']DotD: Sword of the Stars: The Pit $9.99 $4.99
[/QUOTE]

There's a demo! There's a demo!

DEMO ALERT DEMO ALERT

**** Demo klaxon ****

[Advice mallard meme]

Demoface.jpg

So, umm, yeah. Play the demo (which has demo achievements!) and you'll get enough of an idea of what it's like. The demo saved me £6.99.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Ostrich Island does look really... ummm... cool.. and different. Is this the first time in VG history you get to play as an ostrich? Probably not, but still cool.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed it. Whatever else you must think of me, you know I like weird shit. :p

I'm kind of thinking of getting a copy for the niece and nephew, seems like something they would like, but not sure I want to get them on yet another client since I already got them on Steam and Origin for The Sims. I guess they can always do direct download. Unlike me, they don't have so many games that keeping track without a client is an issue.

[quote name='Motoki']I grabbed it. Whatever else you must think of me, you know I like weird shit. :p

I'm kind of thinking of getting a copy for the niece and nephew, seems like something they would like, but not sure I want to get them on yet another client since I already got them on Steam and Origin for The Sims. I guess they can always do direct download. Unlike me, they don't have so many games that keeping track without a client is an issue.[/QUOTE]

I think nothing bad of you Motoki! We have like identical gaming tastes so I'd be thinking bad of myself ;)

I'll probably grab Ostrich life, if only for the hopes of it being like A Dog's Life on the PS2 (A game I'd recommend for your niece and nephew if they have a PS2).

If you don't want to introduce another client, you could always buy it, register it on Desura and then DL and burn the files from the website to a disk for them. I think Desura games allow you to do that or even do it straight from the Shiny Loot site since I think they offer it DRM Free too.

[quote name='Izod517']It kind of looks amazing.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back! We were missing some Izod on the forum. You can spoof my avatar all you want if you'd like ;)

[quote name='Motoki']I grabbed it. Whatever else you must think of me, you know I like weird shit. :p
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to insist on a gameplay report on this one.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
Welcome back! We were missing some Izod on the forum. You can spoof my avatar all you want if you'd like ;)[/QUOTE]

Avatar spoofing. What s silly reason to be banned. Someone must have missed a pamprin dosage that day

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back