The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Sleeping Dogs but I know I won't play it for a LONG time.

It is cheap now but I can almost guarantee that by the time I would play it the game and like all of the DLC together would be this price.

I just want to buy it though haha

how is the DLC on assassins creed revelations?  is it better to get the base game for $5 or the gold edition(with dlc content) for $7.50?  I may have to wait for a bigger sale, honestly, it will just go onto the backlog.

Well I just hit the point where there was just too much in the OP and CAG decided that was that and refused to save my edit. So I guess stuff will have to start being cut from the persistent deals section (yes I realize they are somewhat pointless), so if anyone wants to chime in on what is best to remove first (ie. what nobody will miss), that'd make things easier :)
I admire the fact that you're linking everything, but it's probably unnecessary. Steam isn't like Amazon where you have to hunt endlessly for sales. Unique (Daily, Flash, CC) sales hit the front page of Steam and that's where'd I'd link - but just once. The items themselves can simply be text.

Now, persistent deals probably need to remain linked as those are a little harder to find.

Why isn't Dragonborn 50% like it was before, why! :whee:
I'm hoping that's an oversight and it'll go back to 50%. I passed it up last time, thinking I could return to it when it went on sale again. I may end up waiting until the next sale if not.

"You have spent $11.xx in the store since the start of the sale." Okay. "Progress to next card drop:" -> bar shows approximately 20%.

$10/card, my ass.
Thats right .. 11.99 would have put you all the way through 1 card and 20% on the way to the next card. So you should have gotten one card in your inventory and your progress bar would show 20% which is the percentage you are towards the next one.

Hell yes, today was a good day for me. System Shock 2 is back (yayy!!); found out I spent $4.50 too much yesterday for DmC (boo) but got the weapon DLC (yay) and picked up DMC3 & 4 while I was at it; AC:R is finally 75% off so I snagged that; and Year of the Snake DLC for Sleeping Dogs finally dropped to 75%. I'm happy (and my fiance is going to murder me).

how is the DLC on assassins creed revelations? is it better to get the base game for $5 or the gold edition(with dlc content) for $7.50? I may have to wait for a bigger sale, honestly, it will just go onto the backlog.
Lost Archive is slow paced portal-lite with a dibble of story about Desmond. I didn't like it. Rest is multiplayer iirc

Shoulda bought the mega pack for 4 bucks. It includes collector's extras and American Nightmare!
Should gotten it for $1 on the Humble Weekly.

Any opinions on the DLC for Sleeping Dogs?  I don't want any of the unlock stuff, but are Year of the Snake, Nightmare in North Point, or Zodiac Tournament worth picking up?

I want Sleeping Dogs but I know I won't play it for a LONG time.

It is cheap now but I can almost guarantee that by the time I would play it the game and like all of the DLC together would be this price.

I just want to buy it though haha
By all means wait if you want, but you should look more closely at the DLC. You may not want a pack that includes everything. Most of it is cosmetic or early-unlocks (cheats?) for thing you can earn in the game anyway. Only a couple add minor missions.

Well yes, that's how I got it, but since that's no longer available it's not really relevant.
Check the spam cesspool trading thread. It also means that 90% off / $4 isn't the best thing since sliced bread. And gives those asking emotionally-reinforced learning on how to level up their CAG skills. So yeah, relevant.

Thanks to both who replied. I have that enhanced steam script but am using my phone at work at the moment. Now to debate Mark of the Ninja....lol

So I pass the Humble Weekly it was in because it was the only game I wanted out of it, so now it is $0.49 is Serious Sam The Random Encounter at all worth playing? For some reason it keeps grabbing my attention and looks sorta fun, but I've heard very mixed opinions on it.

Bought Alan Wake 4$ isn't as good as 1$ but didn't have gabenbucks back then, and got the Orcs Must Die 2 dlc. OMD2 is a super fun game for those on the fence about it.

Really considering Dragonborn even at -30% as it's the last thing I want from this stupid sale.

Bought Alan Wake 4$ isn't as good as 1$ but didn't have gabenbucks back then, and got the Orcs Must Die 2 dlc. OMD2 is a super fun game for those on the fence about it.

Really considering Dragonborn even at -30% as it's the last thing I want from this stupid sale.
Just wait for the daily deal, I think thats what I'm going to do before I buy Skyrim. Are all the DLC's good? Debating if I want to pick up the LE or not.

So I pass the Humble Weekly it was in because it was the only game I wanted out of it, so now it is $0.49 is Serious Sam The Random Encounter at all worth playing? For some reason it keeps grabbing my attention and looks sorta fun, but I've heard very mixed opinions on it.
Now that's extreme-CAG... stressing over a $0.49 game.

Imo, you'd still have been better off picking it up for $1 on the Humble and having gift fodder... but this is $.51 cheaper for you...

<tosses a handful of pocket change in the wishing well for help deciding>

Stand fast! I'm sure we'll it it on daily or flash again. ^_^

Total GabeM damage from the 11th until posting: $268.67 (+ paypal fees for using my credit card to CAG users).  fuck!!! I'm probably getting engagement-divorced.

Now that's extreme-CAG... stressing over a $0.49 game.

Imo, you'd still have been better off picking it up for $1 on the Humble and having gift fodder... but this is $.51 cheaper for you...

<tosses a handful of pocket change in the wishing well for help deciding>
well I'm trying not to get locked out of the marketplace by having to use a new payment option, so with only around $3.xx left in my wallet I'm trying to make it go as far as I can. I also figured no one would want/need any of the SS games after that, so I would have gotten stuck with a bunch of unused codes.

well I'm trying not to get locked out of the marketplace by having to use a new payment option...
I added $50 with a steam wallet code (bought from a local EB Games store) earlier today, where previously I've always used a credit card to add funds. I haven't been locked out of the marketplace (I've both bought and sold since redeeming the code.)

So at least in my experience, you can safely use a steam wallet code to add funds without being locked out of the marketplace - even if you haven't used a wallet code as a funding method before.

PS. First damn thing I've bought from EB Games in years :)

well I'm trying not to get locked out of the marketplace by having to use a new payment option, so with only around $3.xx left in my wallet I'm trying to make it go as far as I can. I also figured no one would want/need any of the SS games after that, so I would have gotten stuck with a bunch of unused codes.
I have heard that Random Encounter is pretty bad. I cannot say from personal experience, though it is the only SS game I have avoided purchasing.

Just wait for the daily deal, I think thats what I'm going to do before I buy Skyrim. Are all the DLC's good? Debating if I want to pick up the LE or not.
As far as I know all the dlc's add a ton of content to the game and open it up quite a bit with Dawnguard adding in werewolves and a vampire/werewolf faction war, and Dragonborn adds Morrowinds location back into the game.

Stand fast! I'm sure we'll it it on daily or flash again. ^_^
That's true, I'll stand firm till it's on daily maybe a price mistake will make it 50% off we can hope. \o/

As far as I know all the dlc's add a ton of content to the game and open it up quite a bit with Dawnguard adding in werewolves and a vampire/werewolf faction war, and Dragonborn adds Morrowinds location back into the game.

That's true, I'll stand firm till it's on daily maybe a price mistake will make it 50% off we can hope. \o/
Seconded. I simply cannot justify spending over $10 for DLC no matter how badly I want it. I'd rather backlog the game until I can get everything for 66-75% off.

On another note, could someone hook me up with a guest pass for TSW? I'm certainly not buying it off steam at that price, but between asheskitty and Idiot bringing the damn thing up numerous times a day, I have to give it another try.

I added $50 with a steam wallet code (bought from a local EB Games store) earlier today, where previously I've always used a credit card to add funds. I haven't been locked out of the marketplace (I've both bought and sold since redeeming the code.)

So at least in my experience, you can safely use a steam wallet code to add funds without being locked out of the marketplace - even if you haven't used a wallet code as a funding method before.

PS. First damn thing I've bought from EB Games in years :)
hmm, I guess that's an option. Does gamestop still charge tax on them like they do XBL/PSN cards?

I have heard that Random Encounter is pretty bad. I cannot say from personal experience, though it is the only SS game I have avoided purchasing.
well I will pass on it then. Cheap is cheap, but I've got no time for bad games with this backlog hanging over my head :fridge:

Is 35 the lowest skyrim legendary has been?
It was $32 on GameFly a couple weeks ago, I passed expecting it to be lower this sale on Steam. I have been disappointed so far.

Also, How are DMC3 and 4 for $5 each? $25 for the new one is too much for me, but are either of the older games worth getting at $5?

I'm also curious. Got the game a while ago but not sure which DLC is worth it.
Year Of The Snake is ok, but not as fun as the main game because you are playing a uniformed cop the whole story. You also don't have access to any of the main game stuff.

Zodiac Tournament is more fun, in that they do the whole Shaw Brothers/Enter The Dragon thing. On the downside, it is pretty short.

Also, for anybody interested, if you go to the main DMC page it just lists 3 and 4 for $5 each, but if you go to their actual individual pages there is a bundle with 3 and 4 for $7.49

Any opinions on the DLC for Sleeping Dogs? I don't want any of the unlock stuff, but are Year of the Snake, Nightmare in North Point, or Zodiac Tournament worth picking up?
Stolen from reddit

Sleeping Dogs DLC Quick Guide

Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):

Nightmare in North Point (Horror themed campaign)
Zodiac Tournament (Action movie themed campaign)
Year of the Snake (Police campaign)

Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):

SWAT Pack (20 cop missions)
Street Racer Pack (3 races)
Police Protection Pack ("High Speed" mission)
Martial Arts Pack (Fight mission)
Triad Enforcer Pack (High speed and fight missions)
Wheels of Fury Pack (Supercar missions)

Weapons and moves including outfits:

Drunken Fist Pack (Fighting style)
GSP Pack (Flying Punch)
Screen Legends Pack (Sword)
Tactical Soldier Pack (Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher)
Square Enix Character Pack (3 weapons)
Monkey King Pack (One-handed staff)

Cosmetic DLC:

Deep Undercover Pack (Suit, car, CB radio decoration)
Retro Triad Pack (Outfits, van)
Gangland Style Pack (Tattoos)
Movie Masters Pack (3 costumes)
Law Enforcer Pack (2 outifts, 5 vehicles, baton)

Pay-To-Cheat:

High Roller Pack (Suit, car, money)
Top Dog Silver Pack (XP boost)
Top Dog Gold Pack (XP boost)
The Red Envelope Pack (Money collectibles)

Free DLC:

Community Gift Pack (Outfits, car)
Ghost Pig Pack (Outfits)
Valve T-Shirt Pack (Outfits, PC only)
High Resolution Texture Pack (PC only)

Wanted to buy all of the Skyrim DLC... but they've got to do much better than $26.47.
Agreed. I'm still missing all the DLC because the prices have been a joke.

Year Of The Snake is ok, but not as fun as the main game because you are playing a uniformed cop the whole story. You also don't have access to any of the main game stuff.

Zodiac Tournament is more fun, in that they do the whole Shaw Brothers/Enter The Dragon thing. On the downside, it is pretty short.

I still need to go back and finish the DLC to finish some of the achievements. I need to finish leveling up as a Triad and six more random achievements. I don't see two of them on my list so I assume I have to buy some DLC to see them?

I agree with both of these opinions, for those who were asking about SD DLC.

If you're picking and choosing, Nightmare in North Point is a little different because it features an SD spin on the undead. It's kinda fun but like YotS, you're limited in the vehicles/clothes/boosts that you have access to from the main story. Ironically, if I hadn't finished YotS first, I wouldn't have been able to access the SWAT uniform and probably wouldn't have beaten the last part of this one.

Wheels of Fury is also pretty cool. The car missions are fun and when you're done you have a tricked-out A-class car that easily wins any A-class car race.

My recommendations: WoF = ZT > Nightmare > YotS.

Nightmare in North Point is quite a different spin on the Sleeping Dogs story but I liked it. It was much more fun than Year of the Snake, which had lame missions IMHO (not to mention a few bugs).

Are Devil May Cry 3/4 good ports?
DMC4 has always been a great port (I've owned it since near-PC-release retail.

The DMC3 PC port was quite unoptimized at the time, so PCs couldn't handle it well at the time. My 4 year old gaming PC (Phenom II X3 720 @ 2.8 GHz + GTX 260) easily handles DMC3 staying over 60 FPS at max settings. Keep in mind DMC3 was originally a PS2 game... the PC port was just unoptimized. Oh and you're going to want a DirectInput capable controller (Logitech F310/510/710/RumblePad2 or DS3 w/BetterDS3).. or be prepared mess with software to get a 360 (Xinput) only controller to work properly. (on 360 one axis (RS-Y) is reveresed and triggers are mapped to a single axis).

It was $32 on GameFly a couple weeks ago, I passed expecting it to be lower this sale on Steam. I have been disappointed so far.

Also, How are DMC3 and 4 for $5 each? $25 for the new one is too much for me, but are either of the older games worth getting at $5?
Both are worth getting. DMC4 is better and works fine with 360 (Xinput) controllers. See DMC3 controller note above.

Both for $7.50... grr.. this steam sale is sucking so bad I'm tempted to rebuy these on steam (have retail).

I knew unpacking that Really Big Sky booster pack was a bad idea

YROJyH6.png

DMC4 has always been a great port (I've owned it since near-PC-release retail.
The DMC3 PC port was quite unoptimized at the time, so PCs couldn't handle it well at the time. My 4 year old gaming PC (Phenom II X3 720 @ 2.8 GHz + GTX 260) easily handles DMC3 staying over 60 FPS at max settings. Keep in mind DMC3 was originally a PS2 game... the PC port was just unoptimized. Oh and you're going to want a DirectInput capable controller (Logitech F310/510/710/RumblePad2 or DS3 w/BetterDS3).. or be prepared mess with software to get a 360 (Xinput) only controller to work properly. (on 360 one axis (RS-Y) is reveresed and triggers are mapped to a single axis).

Both are worth getting. DMC4 is better and works fine with 360 (Xinput) controllers. See DMC3 controller note above.

Both for $7.50... grr.. this steam sale is sucking so bad I'm tempted to rebuy these on steam (have retail).
I think how well the DMC3 port runs may vary a lot depending on specs. People on the Steam forums report that it has some bad frame drops even on high-end machines, while other people say it runs great on their low-end systems. I guess it's a crapshoot.

CAG turned into a porn page once for me years ago (and no, it wasn't a virus or anything like that). It was weird. I came to the site and huge porn ad was displayed over the site. Reloaded and it was gone. Contacted the admins and it never happened again.
Tanner Mayes or Riley Mason?

Looks like Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood, and Revelations are all $4.99 each.
Does anyone know if you can activate these games on Uplay? Or if they automatically show up in your Uplay library? I'm honestly not interested in having them on Steam, only Uplay.

I think how well the DMC3 port runs may vary a lot depending on specs. People on the Steam forums report that it has some bad frame drops even on high-end machines, while other people say it runs great on their low-end systems. I guess it's a crapshoot.
Hmm... thanks for pointing that out.

I'm merely sharing my personal experience. (And I really doubt another CAG will chime in on DMC3-PC). I'm running WIn7-64 fwiw. Imo, unless you have a DirectInput controller (see my last post) or are prepared to mess with software you should probably skip DMC3, which I expect will stop more buyers than a potential performance issue.

Squirrel: you can also get wallet cards at best buy, 7-11, and walmart if one of those are more convenient. They shouldn't charge tax on them that I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back