The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Assassin's Creed pack

Price of individual games: $48.93
Bundle cost: $57.77

Here's what you waste by buying this bundle: $8.84

:wall:

There is no defensible reason why someone would go whole-hog into AC all at once...

If you're new to the series, pickup AC2 and see if you like it, then later ACB & ACR. (Yes some people will say start on AC1, but it's unrefined and not quite representative of the later games.)

Imo, you really can't/shouldn't play them back-to-back... too same-y.

With 6/10ths of the sale done, a  few questions:

1.  Can we officially call this sale another failure?

2.  Is there anything that could save it?

3.  Are we doomed with silly gimmicks from Valve from now on to mask the fact their discounts are nothing great?

My prediction?  Steam Portal Starter Packs by December with Skylanders styled Avatars for your profile. 

With 6/10ths of the sale done, a few questions:

1. Can we officially call this sale another failure?
2. Is there anything that could save it?
3. Are we doomed with silly gimmicks from Valve from now on to mask the fact their discounts are nothing great?

My prediction? Steam Portal Starter Packs by December with Skylanders styled Avatars for your profile.
1. Yes
2. 91% off Tomb Raider 2013 price glitch ;)
3. Yes

3. Are we doomed with silly gimmicks from Valve from now on to mask the fact their discounts are nothing great?

My prediction? Steam Portal Starter Packs by December with Skylanders styled Avatars for your profile.
IMO it's a failure because of the damn cards you love so much. Gaben says "let them have cards!" and "withhold the discounts cause of the cards". we're also seeing some sucky 70% off on things that normally hit 75%.. and other such discount-withholding.

DOWN WITH STEAM CARDS! Vive los descuentos!

1. no been a decent sale IMO as I've picked up a nice few games
2. Rogue Legacy daily or flash deal would seal the sale for me
3. I don't get this one as some people complained when Valve didn't have a gimmick to their sale but now that a gimmick is back people complain it has one. Though this one isn't addressed at you specifically Fox.

There is no defensible reason why someone would go whole-hog into AC all at once...

If you're new to the series, pickup AC2 and see if you like it, then later ACB & ACR. (Yes some people will say start on AC1, but it's unrefined and not quite representative of the later games.)

It was sarcasm...

In regards to your comment though I agree for the most part. I would say read a story synopsis and play all of them after 2. (one and two both felt the same and boring to me)

Either way they are literally the exact same games for the most part I feel like so I agree

i really don't care about any of these cards, are people actually paying money for them?

I don't really think the sale was bad?  Anyone who missed out on new vegas ultimate now was able to get it for $5, witcher 2 was $5, most of the tomb raider franchise was 90% off.  I think this sale seems mediocre to some because really it is just your first steam sale that is really really nice

edit, sold all my cards and got a couple of dollars in steam bucks.  wow i feel dirty

I've only bought two games so far*:

Trackmania 2 Canyon

Ys Chronicles

and a couple select bits of DLC.

*old TR @ 91% doesn't count.

It was sarcasm...

In regards to your comment though I agree for the most part. I would say read a story synopsis and play all of them after 2. (one and two both felt the same and boring to me)

Either way they are literally the exact same games for the most part I feel like so I agree
^_^ That wasn't aimed at you. Sorry if it came off that way. I just find it to be a stupid pack, and wanted to address common AC questions.

Here's an example of a good pack...

SimBin Mega Bundle - $20 If you like sim-racing it's an easy buy, if you don't it's an easy skip.

1. Failure? No. It was a far better sale than any of the other summer sales I've participated in this year in terms of acquiring the games I wanted. I managed to make a pretty good dent in my wishlist at prices I'm happy with. Though I have to say, some of the discount percentages were pretty ridiculous and many of the bundle prices were totally borked.

2. More variety on genres. It seems like simulators and strategy games were consistently the picks of the litter this year; neither of which I am a fan of. Better advertising of the lesser-known games would do wonders - I think the Community Choice involving Monaco was a perfect example of people not choosing something because they didn't exactly know what it was. Not to mention the hoards of "Is so-and-so game worth it? What's it like?" both here, Reddit and I'm sure many other places.

3. Steam cards are gimmicky and flawed. They work for the same people who pride themselves for having hundreds of friends on Facebook. They serve no other purpose than to enlarge the e-peen. While selling them for enough of a profit to afford another game during beta made them acceptable, they're just worthless now and, on top of that, are serious prey to bots which further ruin the experience. If they're going to do a gimmick, do a gimmick that allows me to acquire more of what I want, not add more to the list of things I don't give a shit about. Achievements were far more rewarding. Otherwise, just keep it simple and sell games/software at good discount rates.

Edit: If the cards were trade-only, I think things may be a little different. But as you stated in a post after this, "Nothing feels worse than spending a dollar to craft a badge and get a background [and an emoticon which has no discernible use in chat other than to show off the e-peen some more] people are selling for .05 cents."

Addendum to edit: Maybe if foils were attained in a different way and they were sell-able, there might be something there in terms of "I give you want you want, now give me what I want."

1) No. I bought some games. It was better than the last 2 or 3 (at least we can sell cards).

2) If something can Improve it? Stackable coupons for completing the summer badge

3) Yes

The cards system is nice. Or at least, after a lot of awful sales (with zero fun) , it is a bit of fresh air again. But I miss A LOT all the achievements, giveaways, etc from years ago.

So, my opinion (at 6/10 of the sales), 7/10.

3. I don't get this one as some people complained when Valve didn't have a gimmick to their sale but now that a gimmick is back people complain it has one. Though this one isn't addressed at you specifically Fox.

I wasn't around for the Summer Ticket Sale gimmick a few years back, but I was around for the coal one. I would say the main difference is that during the winter coal thing you could actually get something of value when crafting. I didn't have time to craft when the sale first started, but even at the end I ended up winning some Valve games I didn't have. That and the coal motivated you to actually play your games since it was achievement specific.

The cards drop just by idling, really not encouraging you to play. You get nothing of real value out of crafting. Do you still get coupons when crafting? I don't know, but even then they don't stack so they are worthless. Allowing you to sell backgrounds and emoticons is nice I guess, but it would probably be nicer had those not been marketable, that way at least you would be getting something of unknown/relative value out of it. Nothing feels worse than spending a dollar to craft a badge and get a background people are selling for .05 cents.

FissionMailed.jpg

I played 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations back to back after not liking 1. Personal preferences I guess, I enjoyed the feeling of completing the story.

I am about ready to call it a failure, but an actually half-decent sale on Skyrim would save it for me. I'm not expecting it to happen, but that would be a redeeming quality for me.

If you include the Tomb Raider price glitch I have grabbed 14 games this sale, so I guess not a significant failure, but of those three I bought primarily for cards, one was a gift, 7 were because of a glitch, which leaves 3 games I actually had on my wishlist coming in to the sale.

The publishers are part of the process in the sales. They approve the discount level, not valve.
It's very likely that Valve pitches sales, bundles, etc to them, though. You can see how Tony "wrangles up" sales with the publishers on Amazon, so Valve likely has a team that probably goes through a quite similar process.

It's very likely that Valve pitches sales, bundles, etc to them, though. You can see how Tony "wrangles up" sales with the publishers on Amazon, so Valve likely has a team that probably goes through a quite similar process.
Yeah, you can't pass off the blame on this one. Other companies have much better sales from the SAME publishers so Valve is clearly at fault here.

I agree with Daren. While no Steam sale will ever be as good as someone's very first sale, I got some games I've been wanting to play for a while at a decent discount. Most noticeably, I've already played and beaten Defender's Quest and Swapper since the sale, I'm currently playing Penny Arcade 4, and just like Daren I am eagerly anticipating a Rogue Legacy discount. I'd love to get Kentucky Route Zero and Gunpoint at a 50% discount or so as well.

I do think these cards and other gimmicks are a distraction, but for some games it's almost like an additional 20% off (for cheap games, even with the crashing market, you can get another $.50 ~ $1 from cards and occasional summer getaway card).

This isn't the best Steam sale, but Amazon, GMG and GG are not blowing them out of the water like last year either. Honestly, Amazon and GG sales have been way worse than Steam's (a change of pace since last year), and while GMG had some good stuff, it wasn't very consistent either. This is definitely the first Steam sale in a year or two where I've spent more on Steam than on other online vendors.

Don't give Gabe new ideas!, but really I am also wondering what the next gimmick will be or if they go back to the old sales with tickets/coal.

I think most of this sale has been just meh, in fact the highlight of this sale has been Metro for a penny can't wait to play it when I get a new video card.

Yeah, but the pubs still have final say on the discount level. Anything over that come's off Valve's bottom line, and that's not going to happen. Amazon has the power to come over that because they are a billion dollar company and use dvg as a way to get people to the site to spend more on profitable items.

I've picked up quite a few games this sale (mostly non-AAA titles) with only cards money. Can't complain at all. I've bought more games this time around than in the past few Steam sales. And most of the good discounts were for games I already own (which is my fault for not being CAG enough with them and buying them on release).

As for the cards gimmick, I thought the coals were more fun, if not as profitable (back then got a few good games for trade the first few days, then nothing else). 

1. It's an OK sale...I can say that because I have bought a few things and will buy a few by the end (Puzzle Quest 2 likely and Rogue Legacy if doesn't flash/daily). Pretty much only GOG got some serious money out of me this summer...Amazon got about 20, Steam about 40 so far (I bought you need a budget....most expensive purchase this sale so far!), and GMG....just Civ 5 Expansion...so about 21.

2. Rogue Legacy please!! just about 10 dollars would be awesome...7.50 or so would be amazing.

3. I dislike the cards. I miss the old sales with specific achievements in games that would unlock stuff (coal, summer tickets). I played the heck out of games then and I remember being happy getting harder achievements. These new cards are not for the real gamers me thinks.

Steam really is disappointing me in one department....the INDIES!!! These guys need more exposure and they're just getting outclassed by not so great discounts on some AAA titles.

Year Of The Snake is ok, but not as fun as the main game because you are playing a uniformed cop the whole story. You also don't have access to any of the main game stuff.

Zodiac Tournament is more fun, in that they do the whole Shaw Brothers/Enter The Dragon thing. On the downside, it is pretty short.

Stolen from reddit

Sleeping Dogs DLC Quick Guide

Story DLC with collectibles and achievements (1-3 hours):

Nightmare in North Point (Horror themed campaign)
Zodiac Tournament (Action movie themed campaign)
Year of the Snake (Police campaign)

Mission DLC including vehicles and outfits (10-45 mins):

SWAT Pack (20 cop missions)
Street Racer Pack (3 races)
Police Protection Pack ("High Speed" mission)
Martial Arts Pack (Fight mission)
Triad Enforcer Pack (High speed and fight missions)
Wheels of Fury Pack (Supercar missions)

Weapons and moves including outfits:

Drunken Fist Pack (Fighting style)
GSP Pack (Flying Punch)
Screen Legends Pack (Sword)
Tactical Soldier Pack (Assault rifle w/ grenade launcher)
Square Enix Character Pack (3 weapons)
Monkey King Pack (One-handed staff)

Cosmetic DLC:

Deep Undercover Pack (Suit, car, CB radio decoration)
Retro Triad Pack (Outfits, van)
Gangland Style Pack (Tattoos)
Movie Masters Pack (3 costumes)
Law Enforcer Pack (2 outifts, 5 vehicles, baton)

Pay-To-Cheat:

High Roller Pack (Suit, car, money)
Top Dog Silver Pack (XP boost)
Top Dog Gold Pack (XP boost)
The Red Envelope Pack (Money collectibles)

Free DLC:

Community Gift Pack (Outfits, car)
Ghost Pig Pack (Outfits)
Valve T-Shirt Pack (Outfits, PC only)
High Resolution Texture Pack (PC only)

Agreed. I'm still missing all the DLC because the prices have been a joke.

I agree with both of these opinions, for those who were asking about SD DLC.

If you're picking and choosing, Nightmare in North Point is a little different because it features an SD spin on the undead. It's kinda fun but like YotS, you're limited in the vehicles/clothes/boosts that you have access to from the main story. Ironically, if I hadn't finished YotS first, I wouldn't have been able to access the SWAT uniform and probably wouldn't have beaten the last part of this one.

Wheels of Fury is also pretty cool. The car missions are fun and when you're done you have a tricked-out A-class car that easily wins any A-class car race.

My recommendations: WoF = ZT > Nightmare > YotS.

Nightmare in North Point is quite a different spin on the Sleeping Dogs story but I liked it. It was much more fun than Year of the Snake, which had lame missions IMHO (not to mention a few bugs).
Thanks for the suggestions/info all! I think I'm going to grab them all just for the heck of it (and I have GabeN bucks to burn from cards). Warreni, thanks for the suggestion of WoF, I hadn't even considered it but it sounds like fun.

More cheap games for me, grabbed Dust Elysian, Nauts Unlimited, Antichamber, Dishonored DLC, Sanctum 2 4pack, Castle Crashers 4 pack.

Might pick DMC4 for today. Nothing really catches my eye

Is there a consensus on Football Manager 2013? I know the critics liked it, but I've seen a number of complaints about the match engine. I have FM 2011 so wouldn't mind upgrading, but only if the game's actually better.
Like all Football Managers, it's always ever-so-slightly better than the last iteration, but is it worth waiting for 2014 which will be out in October(ish)? That will depend on how keen you are to play as Hull City in the Premier League.

If rosters don't bother you, than now wouldn't be a bad time to upgrade, but it's 75% off for a reason. It WILL be outdated within a few months or so.

One worthwhile addition to FM worth noting is the "classic" mode which strips out a lot of the extra faff that's been added over the years. Training, media appearances, that kinda stuff. I'll likely grab FM2014 myself, I don't have the patience for longer games anymore. But I could point to half a dozen people on my friends list who play FM and nothing else. :)

What would save this sale for me: 25% or more off FF 7, Rogue Legacy under $10, and the Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing as a flash/daily.

There are only four new days of deals left, with the last day or so being repeats. And we're already starting to see dailies and flashes and community votes repeat.
Still, very funny. I want some repeats, I missed on some, sleeping and working etc.

So it's been 4 days of dailies so far, and another 2 or 3 more new ones without repeats. You guys are depressing me with negativity.

All fair questions.

1. To me, I've grabbed a couple of titles that I've been waiting for, and I've been tempted with a couple of others. No major splurges, but like many others I've had chance to grab what I want from other sources (GMG/Amazon/bundles etc.) that Steam sales just won't have that mega appeal like they used to. We're victims of our own CAG success.

I've been watching the activity of a couple of friends who are summer sale virgins and they're absolutely loving it. I guess we're just old and jaded :nottalking:

2. I don't think it needs saving, I think perhaps we need to manage our expectations a little more. We've been spoilt in the past, and this isn't the first time we've been a little deflated by the sale offerings. Last year's Xmas sale (glitches aside) wasn't particularly amazing either.

3. Absolutely. Also, we need to bear in mind that Steam is probably still the go-to vendor for plenty of gamers. I didn't know about GMG/GG/Amazon etc. until I started lurking here. Steam is still the dominant market player, so I don't think they need to undercut the competition, they make enough $$$ as it is.

mqdefault.jpg

We got spoiled by the beta launch of cards and some of us made some serious money out of it. It was fun while it lasted, remember the good times, no point in moping about the present :)

ACII and ACB didn't for me automagicly.. haven't tried forcing their Steam into Uplay.
They did for me. It didn't recognize my DRM-free copy of AC1 though.

I don't know why anyone would want a game through uplay, you can't even redownload from them past 30 days without paying again. I'd never do business with them.

Just wanted to say, if for some reason you don't have Amnesia...

1. Buy it.

2. Install it.

3. Wait until nightfall, turn out the lights.

4. Put on a pair of headphones.

5. Turn the game on.

6. ???

7. Profit

I think it's been okay. I've picked up a few smaller games (Poker Night 2, Bastion) and some BL2 DLC. At this point, I've been a part of every single summer and winter sale. When that happens, of course you're going to see repeats. Could they have had more stuff I wanted? Sure. I'm not going to call the sale a "failure" because of it though.

Now, I will say the community votes have been absolute shit though. I'm not sure if that's Valves fault, or the communities fault for constantly voting for the same shit over and over. I know Valve puts up some crap in there, but the people still vote it in. Like, L4D2? Seriously? Who the fuck doesn't own that yet? Sleeping Dogs? Real? That's been on sale a billion times in the last month or two alone. Meanwhile, amazing stuff like Monaco doesn't get voted for.

Just wanted to say, if for some reason you don't have Amnesia...

1. Buy it.

2. Install it.

3. Wait until nightfall, turn out the lights.

4. Put on a pair of headphones.

5. Turn the game on.

6. ???

7. Profit
Amnesia was creepy for like 10-15 minutes. Then I saw the creature thing that's hunting you and couldn't help but laugh my ass off. Game wasn't scary after that.

They did for me. It didn't recognize my DRM-free copy of AC1 though.

I don't know why anyone would want a game through uplay, you can't even redownload from them past 30 days without paying again. I'd never do business with them.
That's uh... not true at all. It works the same as Steam or Origin, more or less, has excellent download speeds, and has an achievement/points system that allows you to "buy" extra DLC type content with the points you get from playing your games.

It's really a good client. They even adjusted their code activation system to make it easy like Steam now. People who hate on it honestly haven't used it much...

That's uh... not true at all. It works the same as Steam or Origin, more or less, has excellent download speeds, and has an achievement/points system that allows you to "buy" extra DLC type content with the points you get from playing your games.

It's really a good client. They even adjusted their code activation system to make it easy like Steam now. People who hate on it honestly haven't used it much...
I think it was true until recently, I researched it when Blood Dragon came out.

They changed that like a long time ago. It's just like Steam now.
Maybe I was reading outdated information then. Wasn't trying to spread bad info.

Amnesia was creepy for like 10-15 minutes. Then I saw the creature thing that's hunting you and couldn't help but laugh my ass off. Game wasn't scary after that.
I wasn't implying that it's the scariest game out there. It's more unnerving and troubling than scary, because it takes using your head to progress since there's zero combat in the game.

I also call bullshit, because you are nowhere near the "creature thing" 10-15 minutes into the game. That comes far, far later.

I think it was true until recently, I researched it when Blood Dragon came out.

Maybe I was reading outdated information then. Wasn't trying to spread bad info.

They changed it about a year ago, way before Blood Dragon came out. It used to be that way and it sucked, but when they relaunched UPlay last year it is just like Steam now. I have Blood Dragon on Uplay with no issues. I can redownload and play whenever I want. They give you points for playing using UPlay and u can actually use them to buy DLC and stuff so they actually have some really cool features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back