The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
False question imo... would they gain value?

All the hardcore badge junkies surely took advantage of the card glut due to the summer sale... so who's left to pay more than a pittance for cards?
Regardless of what happens to them, I'm making this site my exclusive way to handle cards: http://steamcardexchange.net/ - even as common as they are now, they're still worth points towards getting other cards to complete badges or hooking your friend(s) up with cards they're missing. It's a lot more convenient - at the very least - than fighting the market and, at most, you could probably turn a profit if you pay your cards right.

Not to mention doing the market thing is stressful as fuck - at least for me - with constant refreshes and that anxiety as you try to click buttons as quickly as possible. SCX pretty much forces you to wait (because of the queue), and then gives you 60 seconds to get your shit and get out. It's like a Counter-Strike twitch-fest vs. Civilization turn. Or something.

For those who played it....

...is Afterfall Insanity: Extended worth $2.50?

Is it decent? Any good? Or what?
I'm not sure. The combined Metacritic score was enough to keep me away from it. Not the be-all-end-all of ways to decide what games to buy and not buy, but it's good enough for me to decide where to put my money. Kind of like IMDB. Unless either score is above a 7, I don't give it a second look and will instead wait for rental/bundle fodder.

This is around the time people begin to panic and check every single game on sale to see if it's worth buying. Hell, even I did it. However, as it's been brought up numerous times, a lot of missing stuff will likely show up in bundles and daily deals soon. Unless you're totally out of games to play you're going to regret making any "meh, I guess..." and "I should wait, but I NEED IT NOW!" purchases.

False question imo... would they gain value?
All the hardcore badge junkies surely took advantage of the card glut due to the summer sale... so who's left to pay more than a pittance for cards?
That is a possibility. I dont know how many people craft, but you are not considering new steam members who will be like "omg what was the summer getaway badge and how do I get it?"

My (close to) final tally:

Puzzle Quest 2  - $2.49

Hotline Miami - $2.49

Little Inferno - $2.49

DLC Quest - $1.01

Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - $4.99

Tomb Raider Anniversary - $0.80 (price mistake)

System Shock 2 - $2.49

Binding of Issac + DLC - $1.50 (from a CAG)

Torchlight II - $3.75 (group buy) 

Trine 2 - $2.75 (group buy)

Terraria - $2.49

Organ Trail: Director's Cut - 1.24

Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack - $0.98

Orcs Must Die 2 - 3.74

Half-life Complete - $6.00 (from a CAG, lowest I saw in sale was around 10....but oh so much content)

Bastion - $2.24

Garry's Mod - $2.49

Portal 1 & 2 - $6.24

Fallout Collection - $2.99

Torchlight - $3.74

And of course, since I didn't get the one thing I wanted from the cards:  $0.24 for a profile background, because I can.  I'll sell my other summer cards to make up for it.  :)

Total: 36 games (Half-Life pack had 11 alone....)

Cost: $57.15

Add the last few months of humble bundles (telltale, double fine, klei, alan wake) and I'm still under $70 for over 50 games.  I think I'm good until Winter.

Oh, yeah - I absolutely <3 the music in HLM.

EDIT:

If for some reason some of y'all ain't heard HLM's soundtrack, listen here....

https://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/sets/hotline-miami-official

EDIT 2:

My Review for Hotline Miami on my XFire Blog:

http://www.xfire.com/blog/mysterd/4445969
Hotline Miami's soundtrack is indeed awesome. Only problem is it makes me zone out and want to brutally murder people, so I don't listen to it...much ;)

And I was going to read your review, but those are some freaking walls of text :whee:

^_^ Yep, it's so much easier to configure BetterDS3. I'm happy to hear you got it working.
I hadn't heard of BetterDS3, but I have another driver wrapper that works like a charm. I dumped MotionInJoy when Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing was having major issues with it. (The game would randomly do tricks when you didn't want it to, or change direction when drifting.)

People are going crazy on the Summer cards. Every card under 15 cents gets bought up in a second. Definitely plenty of room to make a profit there. Card prices are going up.

Nobody knows or has considered this? lol. I thought maybe with the talk of creating a Nuuvem thread, people would be sure the keys were ok to be used, haha.
Nobody knows.

Technically it's copyright violation because Nuuvem is only licensed to sell in a certain region. Violating that contract means they are infringing on other sellers and distributor's right to sell and distribute in your region.

Technically, you're violating Nuuvem's TOS where they say you must be located in their region to purchase from their site.

That said, I've never heard of someone losing their Steam account or even having Nuuvem keys revoked.

Steam definitely goes after people using VPNs to get around region-restricted keys, and they do revoke exploited keys or keys purchased through shady methods, so I guess they'd have the power to start upholding regional sales licenses if they chose too. That's enough to keep me away from the grey area, just in case.

A bit off topic but is there a way to hide steam gifts in my inventory? I have games for a family members but don't want them to find out!

Never mind, figured it out. So smart.

That is a possibility. I dont know how many people craft, but you are not considering new steam members who will be like "omg what was the summer getaway badge and how do I get it?"
Yes, there will always be new people (and returnees)... but would it be enough to support high prices?

I hadn't heard of BetterDS3, but I have another driver wrapper that works like a charm. I dumped MotionInJoy when Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing was having major issues with it. (The game would randomly do tricks when you didn't want it to, or change direction when drifting.)
Which driver/wrapper are you using? The one from PCSX2?

People are going crazy on the Summer cards. Every card under 15 cents gets bought up in a second. Definitely plenty of room to make a profit there. Card prices are going up.
There's still insane lag in posting cards, which is driving up prices artificially. I posted some cards to sell and they are taking 2+ hours to appear.

Hotline Miami's soundtrack is indeed awesome. Only problem is it makes me zone out and want to brutally murder people, so I don't listen to it...much ;)

And I was going to read your review, but those are some freaking walls of text :whee:
Yeah, another useless fact - I do love to write, actually. From writing stories to writing reviews, I been doing some kind of writing since 5th grade.

I was always that kid that when given an essay or writing assignment in school, I hated when teachers gave me writing limits (only write X amount of words, or writing X amount of pages)! I didn't - and still don't, actually - like chopping down or chopping out any or much of my content. I let it just go and flow naturally from my mind, like a stream of conscientiousness type of thing. Sure, I might revise, proofread, and things like that - but I normally don't like to change stuff that much or that drastically.

EDIT:

My Steam-recommendation/mini-review for Hotline Miami is MUCH shorter (3rd recommendation from the top), if you want to read that:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/

Well, barring a last minute breakdown on my part, here's my final tally:

The Witcher 2 EE - $5.00
System Shock 2 - $2.50
Torchlight II - $3.75
Castle Crashers + DLC - $3.30
Mark of the Ninja - $3.75

Total: $18.30 (Steam Wallet GC)

We discussed it and came to a clear and rational opinion.
I read through the older discussion in this thread, and it doesn't look like anybody agreed on anything, lol. Some people think it's no big deal. Others didn't want to chance it. I guess the only question would be has anybody here ever actually been "punished" for it (games removed from library, banned from Steam, etc).

Nobody knows or has considered this? lol. I thought maybe with the talk of creating a Nuuvem thread, people would be sure the keys were ok to be used, haha.
There's been loads of discussions on this. Search the topic.

In short: its fine. Nuuvem sells ROW(rest of the world)/Generic keys which are unlocked. If they are region-locked, nuuvem wont let you put it into your cart.

Whoa! Just got my second foil drop.  Two from Fallen Enchantress! That game is turning out to be totally worth the purchase price, and I haven't even gotten to play it yet.  Now, if only these foils would sell...

Nobody knows.

Technically it's copyright violation because Nuuvem is only licensed to sell in a certain region. Violating that contract means they are infringing on other sellers and distributor's right to sell and distribute in your region.

Technically, you're violating Nuuvem's TOS where they say you must be located in their region to purchase from their site.

That said, I've never heard of someone losing their Steam account or even having Nuuvem keys revoked.

Steam definitely goes after people using VPNs to get around region-restricted keys, and they do revoke exploited keys or keys purchased through shady methods, so I guess they'd have the power to start upholding regional sales licenses if they chose too. That's enough to keep me away from the grey area, just in case.

There's been loads of discussions on this. Search the topic.

In short: its fine. Nuuvem sells ROW(rest of the world)/Generic keys which are unlocked. If they are region-locked, nuuvem wont let you put it into your cart.

Thank you. This is more of what I was looking for. Gray area for sure. One would think if Steam was so concerned with "region specific" codes though, they would lock them in a similar way that Microsoft does with their MS points codes. It seems a bit unreasonable on Steam's part to just expect you to know where every code you've obtained was originally purchased. Obviously, with nuuvem, directly, you would know. But all the codes floating around the CAG Steam Gifting thread, you wouldn't know until you redeemed it. Just seems like too lazy of a system to impose on your customer base with any kind of expectation.

Yeah, another useless fact - I do love to write, actually. From writing stories to writing reviews, I been doing some kind of writing since 5th grade.

I was always that kid that when given an essay or writing assignment in school, I hated when teachers gave me writing limits (only write X amount of words, or writing X amount of pages)! I didn't - and still don't, actually - like chopping down or chopping out any or much of my content. I let it just go and flow naturally from my mind, like a stream of conscientiousness type of thing. Sure, I might revise, proofread, and things like that - but I normally don't like to change stuff that much or that drastically.

EDIT:

My Steam-recommendation/mini-review for Hotline Miami is MUCH shorter (3rd recommendation from the top), if you want to read that:

I had the same problem in school (and to this day). I can go on and on and on. The readers who make it through are pretty entertained, but then there are the rest of the people who see a wall of text and say " fuck that!" That's when I began learning to edit text/graphics/video, which is now my professional specialty. It's ironic, because when people talk to me I just want them to get to the point and go away whereas my fiance has a signal for when I'm entering TMI (Too Much Information) territory and I should take my own advice.

I don't think there is a single post I've made on CAG that I haven't hit the Edit button on at least once.

EDIT:

it's not that it's long, and I'm not asking you to shorten it, more the way it's formatted. I find it MUCH easier to read even long texts when they are split into standard length paragraphs (ie. 3-7 sentences max). Again it's nothing personal, but having a few more line breaks certainly wouldn't hurt :)

Any thoughts on Critter Crunch? It's on sale for $1.46
I freaking loved it, and can completely recommend it at that price! One of the few games I went out of my way to do absolutely everything (which is a lot when you consider adventure mode, puzzles, challenges, and multiplayer is all included). Definitely one of my favorite puzzle games in recent years :D

I had the same problem in school (and to this day). I can go on and on and on. The readers who make it through are pretty entertained, but then there are the rest of the people who see a wall of text and say " fuck that!" That's when I began learning to edit text/graphics/video, which is now my professional specialty. It's ironic, because when people talk to me I just want them to get to the point and go away whereas my fiance has a signal when I'm entering TMI (Too Much Information) territory and tone it down a notch.
Oh, I'm definitely more articulate and whatnot when writing and typing, as opposed to say talking. I feel much more free when typing and writing, as opposed to say chatting/holding a conversation. That remains true, unless I know you well.

I'm definitely NOT a Social Butterfly or super-duper articulate, when in a conversation. When I'm comfortable and know you well, though - that's a different story entirely.

If I know you well and we chat on a subject that I like (like say music, movies, or video games) - yeah, don't expect me to shut-up. ;)

My end-of-sale to-buy list:

Definitely getting:

Children of the Nile: Alexandria -- $.99 (60% off) -- been waiting a while for this DLC

Considering:

Afterfall Insanity -- $2.49 (75% off)

Battlestations: Midway -- $2.37 (66% off)

Battlestations: Pacific -- $3.05 (66% off) -- sequel to Midway; will probably pick up only this one, as most think it's better

Damnation -- $2.49 (75% off) -- very poor reviews, I know, but I've watched some videos of it and it seems like something I would enjoy

Overlord pack -- $4.99 (75% off)

Project Snowblind -- $2.03 (66% off)

I have a little over $10 in Steam card money left to spend, and I'm willing to throw a couple of real dollars into the sale for stuff, too.  Trying to figure out the best mix of games to get for the price... almost everything on my list is as cheap as it's ever been or very close to it.

I'm also very tempted by the Fallout Collection for 85% off, but would it be worth picking up just for Fallout Tactics?  I already own Fallout 1 from GOG and Fallout 2 on CD...

Yes, there will always be new people (and returnees)... but would it be enough to support high prices?

Which driver/wrapper are you using? The one from PCSX2?

That's the big question mark. Once the summer sale is over the number of Summer Getaway cards will then be set and will only go down as people buy and craft. Not sure if 40K people will be crafting and if so how long it will take.

Definitely getting:

Children of the Nile: Alexandria -- $.99 (60% off) -- been waiting a while for this DLC

Considering:

Battlestations: Pacific -- $3.05 (66% off) -- sequel to Midway; will probably pick up only this one, as most think it's better

Damnation -- $2.49 (75% off) -- very poor reviews, I know, but I've watched some videos of it and it seems like something I would enjoy

I have a little over $10 in Steam card money left to spend, and I'm willing to throw a couple of real dollars into the sale for stuff, too. Trying to figure out the best mix of games to get for the price... almost everything on my list is as cheap as it's ever been or very close to it.
I'm on the fence about Afterfall Insanity, as well.

I haven't played Project Snowblind - though, I do remember this memorable GameSpot review from Ryan Davis (RIP) on it:

http://www.gamespot.com/project-snowblind/reviews/project-snowblind-review-6119126/

EDIT:

Whoa - looks like I'm avoiding Project Snowblind, given its DRM and looks to have issues w/ Win 7:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=237

http://steamcommunity.com/app/7010/discussions/

• Sonic Collection: $7,5 (price glitch, not really summer sale, just to presume xD)
  • The Witcher 2: $5
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: $5
  • System Shock 2: $2,5
  • Fallout NV DLCs: $5,69
  • Castle crashers + DLC: $4,45
  • Under the Ocean: $1,24
  • Serious Sam Jewell of the Nile DLC: $0,99
  • Wargame EE: $4,25 (Amazon)
  • Risen: $2,5
  • Fallout collection: $3
Total: $34,63 (excluding Sonic xD)

Definitely getting:

Considering:

I have a little over $10 in Steam card money left to spend, and I'm willing to throw a couple of real dollars into the sale for stuff, too. Trying to figure out the best mix of games to get for the price... almost everything on my list is as cheap as it's ever been or very close to it.

I'm also very tempted by the Fallout Collection for 85% off, but would it be worth picking up just for Fallout Tactics? I already own Fallout 1 from GOG and Fallout 2 on CD...
Battlestations games are worth it. They're a little rough around the edges but nice varied gameplay.

BTW, can anyone explain what the foils and cards are in relation to each other. And I finally looked in my inventory which says I only need a bioshock infinite card to get the summer badge. What does that do then? Did someone post an idiot's guide to steam cards thread yet?

Who else is disappointed because they were hoping for one particular game to hit a certain price point during the summer sale, and it didn't happen?

In my case, it was CK2: The Old Gods DLC.  Yes, I picked up a couple other games during the sale, but didn't get the 1 thing I really wanted.

I feel like Ralphie in A Christmas Story (before the surprise).

SIDE NOTE - I already have FO1 + Tactics from GOG; FO2 from Retail.
Are you a bot?

When did Kitty start teaching?

{eyebrow raised}
I'm big on discipline.
hi_sexy_redhead_teacher_iStock_220_2.jpeg

Oh, I'm definitely more articulate and whatnot when writing and typing, as opposed to say talking. I feel much more free when typing and writing, as opposed to say chatting/holding a conversation. That remains true, unless I know you well.

I'm definitely NOT a Social Butterfly or super-duper articulate, when in a conversation. When I'm comfortable and know you well, though - that's a different story entirely.

If I know you well and we chat on a subject that I like (like say music, movies, or video games) - yeah, don't expect me to shut-up. ;)
Don't bother clicking the spoiler button if you don't give a crap about my personal life.

Same. I'm self-proclaimed socially retarded. People agree with it after knowing me for about a day.

I was isolated in a medical setting for 13 years starting at 15, so I totally missed out on the "finding yourself and making friends and being social" part of life. Often times, when my fiance and I are in disagreement, I will just stop mid-sentence, walk away and begin writing an email to her. It took her a while to get used to it, but spending an hour articulating my thoughts in detail through text is far, far easier and more effective than fumbling over myself and spending more time clarifying what I meant by what I said than actually saying anything. My brain-to-mouth connection is just plain broken (brain injury). I've met at least one hundred people in real life that I met online first, and their initial reaction is typically "Wow, you're way quieter in person."

It takes too much damn energy to speak. And yet some more irony: I run my own business doing technology-related support; I speak in public monthly to those who struggle with brain injuries, depression, and chronic pain (had two back surgeries); and I'm a full-time elementary school computer lab teacher. Makes no fucking sense, but it works. *shrug*

I've also noticed people consider me a lot more caustic, pessimistic, sarcastic and a bit of an asshole online, which is virtually opposite of my real life personality. There are a few parallels - my black and white way of thinking, the sarcasm and pessimism - but it's shrouded in a humorous tone and I make friends very easily. Long story short: not many friends online, but enough to get me annoyed for not having my own space offline. Being a gamer is the pits in this respect - as it and music are my outlets - which is why I'm always looking out for co-op games.

"Here, shut up and play."

Who else is disappointed because they were hoping for one particular game to hit a certain price point during the summer sale, and it didn't happen?

In my case, it was CK2: The Old Gods DLC. Yes, I picked up a couple other games during the sale, but didn't get the 1 thing I really wanted.

I was hoping for Bioshock: Infinite at $20 (or less) - which I'm sure is unrealistic currently. But, whatever. {shrug}

Would've been nice.

I was hoping for a lot of stuff to hopefully hit 75% off or better - i.e. Skyrim DLC's, Dishonored DLC's, etc - but that didn't happen, either.

Other than the Fallout Collection pointed out a few pages back, I don't have anything specific to pick up. I'm just going to trawl through the cheap stuff and DLC and go from there.

In my case, it was CK2: The Old Gods DLC. Yes, I picked up a couple other games during the sale, but didn't get the 1 thing I really wanted.
Who isn't? There's a handful of games that I was hoping hit 75% off that didn't: Rayman Origins, Jade Empire, Call of Cthulhu, and the Ys games, to name but a few.

It's probably too early for The Old Gods to go on sale. It just came out less than a month ago, I believe, and Paradox rarely discounts their most recent DLC expansion for CK2 at 75% until it's been out for a few months and/or the next expansion is out. Wait another month or two and it'll be at that $3.75 price point.

For me, the game I'm most disappointed at not getting is Expeditions: Conquistador. I really, really wanted it at 75% off, but the community had to go and not vote for it, of course. Hopefully there will be a deal on it sometime soon... 50% at $10 is just too much for me at the moment.

Battlestations games are worth it. They're a little rough around the edges but nice varied gameplay.
Thanks for the recommendation! I've read that Pacific, the sequel, is a better game than Midway, but would you recommend picking them both up? I'm interested in the campaign/single player, FWIW, and not really multiplayer.

I'm on the fence about Afterfall Insanity, as well.

I haven't played Project Snowblind - though, I do remember this memorable GameSpot review from Ryan Davis (RIP) on it:

http://www.gamespot.com/project-snowblind/reviews/project-snowblind-review-6119126/

EDIT:

Whoa - looks like I'm avoiding Project Snowblind, given its DRM and looks to have issues w/ Win 7:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=237

http://steamcommunity.com/app/7010/discussions/
Thanks for the heads-up. According to those posts, it looks like the demo has old versions of DRM in it that won't run on Windows 7. I wonder if that was patched out of the main game. I can't find anything either way. For now, will probably pass on it because of that, but I'll keep it on my wishlist.

I've been relatively quiet but I think the only thing I scooped up was the Strike Suit complete for $6.  Which is wierd because I've been ABSOLUTELY ITCHING for stuff.  I saw that Marvel MMO up for a sale but I don't think it ever got picked.  Was it even worth it?  :p

Oh well.. money not spent here will be spent on the 3DS or PS3...

Don't bother clicking the spoiler button if you don't give a crap about my personal life.

Same. I'm self-proclaimed socially retarded. I was isolated in a medical setting for 13 years starting at 15, so I totally missed out on the "finding yourself and making friends and being social" part of life. I was the opposite before then. Often times, when my fiance and I are in disagreement, I will just stop mid-sentence, walk away and begin writing an email to her. It took her a while to get used to it, but spending an hour articulating my thoughts in detail through text is far, far easier and more effective than fumbling over myself and spending more time clarifying what I meant by what I said than actually saying anything. My brain-to-mouth connection is just plain broken (brain injury). I've met at least one hundred people in real life that I met online first, and their initial reaction is typically "Wow, you're way quieter in person."

It takes too much damn energy to speak. And yet some more irony: I run my own business doing technology-related support; I speak in public monthly to those who struggle with brain injuries, depression, and chronic pain (had two back surgeries); and I'm a full-time elementary school computer lab teacher. Makes no fucking sense, but it works. *shrug*

I've also noticed people consider me a lot more caustic, pessimistic, sarcastic and a bit of an asshole online, which is virtually opposite of my real life personality. There are a few parallels - my black and white way of thinking, the sarcasm and pessimism - but it's shrouded in a humorous tone and I make friends very easily. Long story short: not many friends online, but enough to get me annoyed for not having my own space offline.
Wowsers. That's certainly one hell of a story there. I wish you well w/ everything.

Oh, I'm definitely not fond of public-speaking. Wasn't fond of standing up in front of a class and speaking about whatever - didn't care for Communication Class in college, either - where that's pretty much ALL you did; and/or did projects w/ other students to work as a group. I can get quite nervous, when public-speaking.

I'd bet your quite comfortable w/ the computer-lab teaching b/c you like computers, computer labs, and that kind of environment. I know I like those kind of environments - feels like a 2nd home to me. I don't know - some things you really like can really take away a lot of anxieties, problems, and things of that nature. I know I'm a person that doesn't really care for large crowds, normally - but at certain places, usually places I've been too numerous times already, it can become a non-issue. It can feel like a "home away from home" - like I'm used to the place; and that I've done that kind of song and dance before.

And yeah; I definitely have that wise-ass, sarcastic, negative, and pessimistic type of attitude...a lot of times - hehe.

Me too. anyone actally played it and know if it's any good?

Also, anyone know of a shooter like Chaser? that game was great
Yeah I've played Afterfall. My verdict: IT SUCKS.

Imagine a shitty Dead Space clone with a nonsensical story, worse-than-early-90's voice acting, and an extremely ill-conceived emphasis on melee combat, and that's Afterfall: Insanity. You literally spend the entire game - which isn't very long by the way - mushily swinging pipes and crowbars at the same 3 or 4 mutants again and again. There is never any threat from enemies because you can take so much damage and it all regenerates anyway. And when guns & ammo get more common later in the game, it really doesn't improve things because the shooting is barely any better than the melee combat.

So yeah, don't buy this game, it's poo.

Looks like the sales over for me, looked through all the leftover stuff and there is nothing else I want beyond sub-$10 Rogue Legacy. I have the slightest amount of hope that might happen, but only so slight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back