The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother clicking the spoiler button if you don't give a crap about my personal life.

Same. I'm self-proclaimed socially retarded. People agree with it after knowing me for about a day.

I was isolated in a medical setting for 13 years starting at 15, so I totally missed out on the "finding yourself and making friends and being social" part of life. Often times, when my fiance and I are in disagreement, I will just stop mid-sentence, walk away and begin writing an email to her. It took her a while to get used to it, but spending an hour articulating my thoughts in detail through text is far, far easier and more effective than fumbling over myself and spending more time clarifying what I meant by what I said than actually saying anything. My brain-to-mouth connection is just plain broken (brain injury). I've met at least one hundred people in real life that I met online first, and their initial reaction is typically "Wow, you're way quieter in person."

It takes too much damn energy to speak. And yet some more irony: I run my own business doing technology-related support; I speak in public monthly to those who struggle with brain injuries, depression, and chronic pain (had two back surgeries); and I'm a full-time elementary school computer lab teacher. Makes no fucking sense, but it works. *shrug*

I've also noticed people consider me a lot more caustic, pessimistic, sarcastic and a bit of an asshole online, which is virtually opposite of my real life personality. There are a few parallels - my black and white way of thinking, the sarcasm and pessimism - but it's shrouded in a humorous tone and I make friends very easily. Long story short: not many friends online, but enough to get me annoyed for not having my own space offline. Being a gamer is the pits in this respect - as it and music are my outlets - which is why I'm always looking out for co-op games.

"Here, shut up and play."
Wow, I feel for you bud. I suffer from depression, anxiety (many kinds, social, worrying, etc), I have most symptoms of Aspergers, I am horrible in real life with speaking (and sometimes the wrong words can just come out when I don't mean it). Games and Music are really my two outlets as well besides spending time with my GF who understands me.

Enough about life, so here are some mini reviews of games I got from the Steam Sale that I played.

Scribblenauts- Excellent little puzzle game. Recommend it.

Chivalry- I love this game. It's fast paced action with skill involved. Kinda like if TF2 was midevil, but good.

Monaco- Great co-op game.

Trials- It's Trials. I mainly bought it for the crazy user made maps.

Rogue Legacy- Fun Metroidvania type game. Although the game is all about playing the castle 1,000 times. A lot to unlock and buy.

Organ Trail- Do you want Oregon Trail with Zombies. If yes, buy it. If no, don't.

Don't Starve- Need to play more but interesting survival game. It's fun.

lUmi7h7zRWM.jpg
Yeah, that seems and looks about right! ;)

Thanks for the recommendation! I've read that Pacific, the sequel, is a better game than Midway, but would you recommend picking them both up? I'm interested in the campaign/single player, FWIW, and not really multiplayer.
Their both good. Midway takes place from the attack on pearl harbor up to quite obviously the battle of midway and the campaign only has an US mode. Where as Pacific you can play a us campaing or a what if Japan campaign where they won at midway. Pacific is the better game overall but both are a steal at that price.

it's not that it's long, and I'm not asking you to shorten it, more the way it's formatted. I find it MUCH easier to read even long texts when they are split into standard length paragraphs (ie. 3-7 sentences max). Again it's nothing personal, but having a few more line breaks certainly wouldn't hurt :)
Don't read Orwell's 1984 then... great book, but only a few paragraphs long.

Probably my lowest tally yet for a Steam sale: System Shock 2, Under the Ocean, The Pit, lulzy Castle Crasher DLC, and price glitched JC1.  Under $10.  Considering a couple of things in the final hours but not very seriously.  Still have $50+ in card money.  Might pick up Conquistador at $7 Russian pricing from a friend but that failed community vote with no flash follow-up was a bit of a slap in 'da face.

Also wasn't very impressed with Amazon's sale.  Discounts were mediocre and there weren't really any packs aside from the indie stuff and even those were iffy.  Price matching + coupon worked out nice if you're a fan of AAA games which... I'm not.  Ah well.  Hopefully Valve puts up some decent daily/midweek/weekend deals in the near future.  They've seemed better than most of the event deals in recent months.

Well, for my last minute pickups, I currently have these in my cart:

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack - $0.49 (Missed the old bundle it was in... and it's 49 cents...)

Magical Drop V - $1.24 (I think this was in a bundle too, but I missed it, so I figure this is a good price.)

Puzzle Quest 2 - $2.49 (I'd kinda like to grab the first one, but it's only 66% off... and I "own it from retail".)

They Bleed Pixels Soundtrack - $1.24 (Love it, and I'm happy to support the devs a bit more.)

Anything I'm missing? Not really interested in Critter Crunch.

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack - $0.49 (Missed the old bundle it was in... and it's 49 cents...)
Magical Drop V - $1.24 (I think this was in a bundle too, but I missed it, so I figure this is a good price.)
Puzzle Quest 2 - $2.49 (I'd kinda like to grab the first one, but it's only 66% off... and I "own it from retail".)
They Bleed Pixels Soundtrack - $1.24 (Love it, and I'm happy to support the devs a bit more.)

Bastion soundtrack for $5? I love that thing too much :rofl:

My (close to) final tally:

Puzzle Quest 2 - $2.49

Hotline Miami - $2.49

Little Inferno - $2.49

DLC Quest - $1.01

Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - $4.99

Tomb Raider Anniversary - $0.80 (price mistake)

System Shock 2 - $2.49

Binding of Issac + DLC - $1.50 (from a CAG)

Torchlight II - $3.75 (group buy)

Trine 2 - $2.75 (group buy)

Terraria - $2.49

Organ Trail: Director's Cut - 1.24

Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack - $0.98

Orcs Must Die 2 - 3.74

Half-life Complete - $6.00 (from a CAG, lowest I saw in sale was around 10....but oh so much content)

Bastion - $2.24

Garry's Mod - $2.49

Portal 1 & 2 - $6.24

Fallout Collection - $2.99

Torchlight - $3.74

And of course, since I didn't get the one thing I wanted from the cards: $0.24 for a profile background, because I can. I'll sell my other summer cards to make up for it. :)

Total: 36 games (Half-Life pack had 11 alone....)

Cost: $57.15

Add the last few months of humble bundles (telltale, double fine, klei, alan wake) and I'm still under $70 for over 50 games. I think I'm good until Winter.

Jay-Z-so-so.gif

You seriously overpaid for a few bundle-rats, but commendable taste counteracts that fact.

Any thoughts on Critter Crunch? It's on sale for $1.46

Yes.

Idiot wants the D.

photo-223084.gif

Wow, I feel for you bud. I suffer from depression, anxiety (many kinds, social, worrying, etc), I have most symptoms of Aspergers, I am horrible in real life with speaking (and sometimes the wrong words can just come out when I don't mean it). Games and Music are really my two outlets as well besides spending time with my GF who understands me.

Enough about life, so here are some mini reviews of games I got from the Steam Sale that I played.

Scribblenauts- Excellent little puzzle game. Recommend it.

Chivalry- I love this game. It's fast paced action with skill involved. Kinda like if TF2 was midevil, but good.

Monaco- Great co-op game.

Trials- It's Trials. I mainly bought it for the crazy user made maps.

Rogue Legacy- Fun Metroidvania type game. Although the game is all about playing the castle 1,000 times. A lot to unlock and buy.

Organ Trail- Do you want Oregon Trail with Zombies. If yes, buy it. If no, don't.

Don't Starve- Need to play more but interesting survival game. It's fun.

Do you dislike any games? Nothing comes to mind... link

Just wanted to evangelize an overlooked gem, Retro/Grade, a steal at 75% off, $2.49:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222660/

If you are a fan of the old PS2 Frequency or Amplitude, or any GH/RB music game, definitely pick this up.  Great music and dazzling visual effects.  At first I assumed it was similar to procedurally generated "use your music library" games like Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, etc., which I'm less interested in, but it's definitely a tightly-designed music game.  It has a really creative scheme for explaining why those colored beads are coming towards you, that's tough to describe and better left to discover.

It's obvious that a ton of work and polish went into this game, and it's a shame that it's had a tough time finding its audience - there is a really interesting video of the designer's GDC talk where he talks openly about the personal difficulties he faced during development and through the poor sales post-release: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1017963/Obsessive-Compulsive-Development-Retro-Grade

Longtime mostly lurker on this thread..  Would love to fill up my Steam friends list for anyone interested: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987956417

LOL @ 326 pages is a "few paragraphs long"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
-woosh- missing the point, yeah it's ~300 pages but only a few paragraphs (maybe slight exaggeration, maybe ~200 paragraphs.)

Bionic Commando / Reloaded?

just fyi, the TBP soundtrack is mp3.

LOL @ 326 pages is a "few paragraphs long"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four
-woosh- missing the point, yeah it's ~300 pages but only a few paragraphs (maybe slight exaggeration, maybe ~200 paragraphs.)

just a heads up, Magical Drop really reminds me of critter crunch, so if you like/don't like one you probably won't/will the other, unless you just hate the aesthetic for some impossible reason.

photo-223084.gif

Do you dislike any games? Nothing comes to mind... link
The odd part is the games I bought this time around are mostly games I wanted anyway. I knew they would be good either through word of mouth or just looking at them. As a gamer I like all genres of games, but at the same time probably 66% of games I get from indie bundles I dislike because they are too generic, not good, just bleh, etc. Also I am one of the few people who disliked Batman Arkham City, lol.

Has anyone played Under The Ocean.  It looks like one of the few on the hidden "gems" list that looked someone what original/different.  Demolition, Inc. looks interesting, but it's really just  chain reaction puzzler from what I saw. 

My Damages barring any last minute flash deals. I dont even want to tally it:

Fallout Collection
Worms Armageddon
Final Fantasy VII
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle
Dungeon Defenders (Missing DLC)
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome DLC
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World (Used GMG)
Sleeping Dogs
RAGE The Scorchers DLC
Swords and Soldiers Sausage Fest DLC
Dead Island GOTY
Serious Sam Double D
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC
Serious Sam 2
Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Mark of the Ninja
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle
Serious Sam 3 BFE Gold
Deus Ex Collection

McPixel
Bioshock Infinite Retail (WW) (Amazon Gooncave Deal)
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Gift/Guest Pass
Ys Origin
Ys I and II Chronicles
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Grid
Deadlight
Sine Mora
Mini Motor Racing
The Last Remnant
Toki Tori
Capsized
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
Waves
Dust: An Elysian Tail
The Witcher 2
Reus
System Shock 2
Castle Crashers
Dyad
Thomas Was Alone
FTL: Faster Than Light
Endless Space + Disharmony
pid
The Cave
FEZ
They Bleed Pixels
Carpe Fulger Bundle
Hotline Miami
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Bit.Trip.Runner 2
Defense Grid: Containment DLC
Puzzle Quest 2
Dishonored + DLC
Tomb Raider
Dear Esther
Heroes VI Gold
Counter Strike Complete
Natural Selection II
XCom
Risen
Risen 2
Rayman Origins
Baldurs Gate

Wowsers. That's certainly one hell of a story there. I wish you well w/ everything.

Oh, I'm definitely not fond of public-speaking. Wasn't fond of standing up in front of a class and speaking about whatever - didn't care for Communication Class in college, either - where that's pretty much ALL you did; and/or did projects w/ other students to work as a group. I can get quite nervous, when public-speaking.

I'd bet your quite comfortable w/ the computer-lab teaching b/c you like computers, computer labs, and that kind of environment. I know I like those kind of environments - feels like a 2nd home to me. I don't know - some things you really like can really take away a lot of anxieties, problems, and things of that nature. I know I'm a person that doesn't really care for large crowds, normally - but at certain places, usually places I've been too numerous times already, it can become a non-issue. It can feel like a "home away from home" - like I'm used to the place; and that I've done that kind of song and dance before.

And yeah; I definitely have that wise-ass, sarcastic, negative, and pessimistic type of attitude...a lot of times - hehe.
Thanks - I've actually been "better" (as good as things are going to get) for about 3 years now. Things are going well. Despite what you may think I actually hate social occasions and being around crowds. I have some pretty severe social anxiety, but there's a stubborn part of me that firmly believes in exposure therapy. Make no mistake - I'm never comfortable around people, but for some reason the gratification that comes from making someone laugh, learn, have an epiphany or feel better keeps me coming back. It's rational and baffling at the same time. Especially with children, of which I was never raised around and was an only child (and now have one of my own).

I specifically avoided any and all social classes in school and college. The only reason I passed those classes was because I went above and beyond for written assignments and extra credit. I still won't leave the house unless it's for work or a meeting. I get overwhelmed and managing "sensory overload" is a part of everyday life. I never initiate conversations, and usually only give back one-word answers. And yet you will still find me downtown on a friday night DJ'ing to anywhere from 50-5,000 electronic music clubbers - lasers, fog machines, strobe lights, black lights, glow sticks, hula hoops and a bunch of hippies all dancing in their own unique way. I don't get it, and gave up trying to figure it out a few years ago. I'm a walking contradiction - a childhood extrovert turned introvert by circumstance.

@Sir_Fragalot: I've been close with many people diagnosed with Aspergers and other forms of autism. While my symptoms were triggered specifically from a sports-related injury I can certainly relate to many of the difficulties you face. It's frustrating knowing you're stuck with it and it is a part of you for life, but on the flip-side you can't let it define you...it's just a label. We are all good at something and suck at other things, "normal" (I hate that word) or otherwise. It's great you have a girlfriend who is compassionate and willing to work around what you struggle with. That is rare, and very hard to find.

Without getting psychoanalytical, all I can say is hang in there and you're definitely not alone. The unwilling (but willing) public speaking I do I mostly do for myself - it continually reminds me I'm not the only one who drew a short straw and could definitely be way worse - the gratification of helping others and having them open up to me, share stories, and have a positive effect on their life in some small way is just enough of a perk to keep me doing it. I can definitely attest to being one of the Walking Wounded - I appear to be fine on the outside; I am anything but. People who don't suffer from conditions such as these can never fully relate or understand, which can be extremely frustrating. Keep the people around who are willing enough to accept it and not fight it...leave behind the ones who think you're just being a pussy and get over it.

Addendum: One thing I can say for certain: fifteen years of therapy - for the most part - was a total waste. I learn more about myself from learning about other people than I ever did "looking in". The more time I spent trying to figure my own problems out, the more entangled I became in them. Once I let go and stopped focusing so much on myself (which is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, and I still slip up on occasion), things improve(d) dramatically. Every day brings a new enlightenment.

Not really interested in either of those, and I'm working with limited Steam wallet.

I'd prefer mp3 anyways. I'm not one of those people who insist on flac, takes up too much damn space for not enough of a quality difference imo.

just a heads up, Magical Drop really reminds me of critter crunch, so if you like/don't like one you probably won't/will the other, unless you just hate the aesthetic for some impossible reason.
Kinda sorta. Critter Crunch doesn't strike me as much of a Bubble Bobble type game than Magical Drop V does. Magical Drop V just appeals to me more I guess, and I'm only gonna grab one of that type of game.

Has anyone played Under The Ocean. It looks like one of the few on the hidden "gems" list that looked someone what original/different. Demolition, Inc. looks interesting, but it's really just chain reaction puzzler from what I saw.
The dev gave a bunch of keys away for free... so I could see that happening again or it being in a cheap bundle.

Thanks - I've actually been "better" (as good as things are going to get) for about 3 years now. Things are going well. Despite what you may think I actually hate social occasions and being around crowds. I have some pretty severe social anxiety, but there's a stubborn part of me that firmly believes in exposure therapy. Make no mistake - I'm never comfortable around people, but for some reason the gratification that comes from making someone laugh, learn, have an epiphany or feel better keeps me coming back. It's rational and baffling at the same time. Especially with children, of which I was never raised around and was an only child (and now have one of my own).

I specifically avoided any and all social classes in school and college. The only reason I passed those classes was because I went above and beyond for written assignments and extra credit. I still won't leave the house unless it's for work or a meeting. I get overwhelmed and managing "sensory overload" is a part of everyday life. I never initiate conversations, and usually only give back one-word answers. And yet you will still find me downtown on a friday night DJ'ing to anywhere from 50-5,000 electronic music clubbers - lasers, fog machines, strobe lights, black lights, glow sticks, hula hoops and a bunch of hippies all dancing in their own unique way. I don't get it, and gave up trying to figure it out a few years ago. I'm a walking contradiction - a childhood extrovert turned introvert by circumstance.

@Sir_Fragalot: I've been close with many people diagnosed with Aspergers and other forms of autism. While my symptoms were triggered specifically from a sports-related injury I can certainly relate to many of the difficulties you face. It's frustrating knowing you're stuck with it and it is a part of you for life, but on the flip-side you can't let it define you...it's just a label. We are all good at something and suck at other things, "normal" (I hate that word) or otherwise. It's great you have a girlfriend who is compassionate and willing to work around what you struggle with. That is rare, and very hard to find.

Without getting psychoanalytical, all I can say is hang in there and you're definitely not alone. The unwilling (but willing) public speaking I do I mostly do for myself - it continually reminds me I'm not the only one who drew a short straw and could definitely be way worse - the gratification of helping others and having them open up to me, share stories, and have a positive effect on their life in some small way is just enough of a perk to keep me doing it. I can definitely attest to being one of the Walking Wounded - I appear to be fine on the outside; I am anything but. People who don't suffer from conditions such as these can never fully relate or understand, which can be extremely frustrating. Keep the people around who are willing enough to accept it and not fight it...leave behind the ones who think you're just being a pussy and get over it.
Thanks for the advice. My GF also suffers from pretty much the same conditions I do and chronic pain as well so it works out because we understand eachother.

I will say Rogue Legacy was worth the $12. I mean yes, it's not 75% off but for a newish game I will take it.

Tempted to get Lost Horizon.

Any other good Point and Click Adventure games?

Maybe KOTOR too, since that's never coming out on :ps3:

RE: Hotline Miami

I didn't see what everyone else saw in. The gameplay is frantic and well done and all, but it just gets repetitive and annoying. I played through half of the game, got tired of it, and have never gone back. The music is interesting in the way that an experimental art piece painted entirely with Play-Doh is. You look/listen to it, go "Ooh, that's kinda neat.", and then you walk away. It didn't grab me at all, but it was "neat".

All in all, it's not a bad game, but my word people hype the shit out of it. It's not that fantastic.

RE: Deep, personal emotional confessionals

Shout out to my partners in crime. I've got straight up social anxiety, depression, have had MPD, and too much else to spill on an internet forum. If you're not fucked in the head, you've been living under a rock, or something's wrong with you.

Hey, all humans are walking contradictions, it's what makes us unique :) There is a thought that social interaction is one of the founding grounds of human needs (only being beat by the basic needs of humans for survival) so that may be your reason. This talk has got me thinking, what are your opinion of recent Bioware titles? They all involve heavy usage of interaction with other people. I've heard nothing but praise for them by most of my friends and enjoy them myself, I would like to hear your take.

Thanks for the advice. My GF also suffers from pretty much the same conditions I do and chronic pain as well so it works out because we understand eachother.

I will say Rogue Legacy was worth the $12. I mean yes, it's not 75% off but for a newish game I will take it.
Even better. My fiance is a nurse, so she has a patience and compassionate enough side to put up with my shit and still love me even for all my quirks. Having that second person can be the difference between suicide and success. I've experienced both, and there is no logical medical reason why I survived to experience the latter. The faithful say it was a miracle; I call it a fluke and I screwed up somewhere. Either way, five days unconscious on the floor with dead kidneys and waking up in the hospital with complete amnesia had a pretty profound impact - not because I had any sort of epitphany or saw some light or whatever, but simply because I forgot how I got in that mental position in the first place. If I had, I'd probably have been seriously, majorly pissed off for failing.

Kinda sorta. Critter Crunch doesn't strike me as much of a Bubble Bobble type game than Magical Drop V does. Magical Drop V just appeals to me more I guess, and I'm only gonna grab one of that type of game.
Unless I'm mistaking it for something else, I think you have the wrong idea about Magical Drop. The mechanics in both are very similar, grab critters/balls from one spot and spit them somewhere else to clear them away. The only real difference is critter crunch relies heavily on a food chain system, and Magical Drop lets you suck up more than one ball at a time which changes the dynamic a bit. Both are fun (haven't played enough of Magical Drop to give a real opinion), but I can get liking one art style more than the other and hence having one be more appealing. Personally I love both, but I'm a huge puzzle fan so you are probably fine just getting the one you think looks more fun :)

Wow, I thought about pulling my Dead Island Riptide foil from the market to see what happened with the summer sale ending, but went to the movies and forgot about it.  It finally sold for $2 while I was out and now they're starting at $3.  Not the worst I guess but still bitter I didn't sell the mystery foil for $12 or so just before the sale started.  Also kind of bitter that it's the only foil I've gotten in like 130 drops and 2 boosters.  There has definitely been a run on my other summer sale dupes in the last few hours.

Ah well might as get back to trucking...

I can confirm Idiotekque suffers from plenty of disorders. 

Also, I never got a key for Under the Ocean, just the free Under the Garden you get from signing up to their newsletter. 

Glad to hear that you're getting better.

Seems like you're a walking paradox, not a walking contradiction.

I love music. :D But, yeah - I'm usually NOT the dude that hits the dance floor and dances. I always am playing music at home or on my MP3 player - and dancing when at home and/or bobbing my head to the music when on the go.

When you DJ, I'd guess you're in total control of the tunes and you can just vibe to the tunes, not worried too much about people & talking w/ them and stuff. You just play your music - and probably any requests you feel like taking; and that's about it. DJ'ing sounds like fun, though. :D

My Damages barring any last minute flash deals. I dont even want to tally it:

Fallout Collection
Worms Armageddon
Final Fantasy VII
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle
Dungeon Defenders (Missing DLC)
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome DLC
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World (Used GMG)
Sleeping Dogs
RAGE The Scorchers DLC
Swords and Soldiers Sausage Fest DLC
Dead Island GOTY
Serious Sam Double D
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC
Serious Sam 2
Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Mark of the Ninja
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle
Serious Sam 3 BFE Gold
Deus Ex Collection

McPixel
Bioshock Infinite Retail (WW) (Amazon Gooncave Deal)
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Gift/Guest Pass
Ys Origin
Ys I and II Chronicles
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Grid
Deadlight
Sine Mora
Mini Motor Racing
The Last Remnant
Toki Tori
Capsized
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
Waves
Dust: An Elysian Tail
The Witcher 2
Reus
System Shock 2
Castle Crashers
Dyad
Thomas Was Alone
FTL: Faster Than Light
Endless Space + Disharmony
pid
The Cave
FEZ
They Bleed Pixels
Carpe Fulger Bundle
Hotline Miami
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Bit.Trip.Runner 2
Defense Grid: Containment DLC
Puzzle Quest 2
Dishonored + DLC
Tomb Raider
Dear Esther
Heroes VI Gold
Counter Strike Complete
Natural Selection II
XCom
Risen
Risen 2
Rayman Origins
Baldurs Gate
I recommend Spoiler tags for haul list please.

Another disappointing Steam sale. Only 10 "deals" per day plus 15 Flash/CC sales. If there wasn't so much repetition, perhaps it would've been a little better, but with the 2nd chance to buy the previous day's top 10 deals, there was no urgency and with so little selection, it felt like even more repetition. Very few "ZOMG! Teh dealz! Bye bye bye!" like a $20 Bioshock Infinite would've been. My meager purchases:

* Borderlands 2 - $7.65 (bought 4-pack)

* Torchlight II - $5

* System Shock 2 - $2.50

TOTAL: $15.15

All sequels, hmmm.

Hey, all humans are walking contradictions, it's what makes us unique :) There is a thought that social interaction is one of the founding grounds of human needs (only being beat by the basic needs of humans for survival) so that may be your reason. This talk has got me thinking, what are your opinion of recent Bioware titles? They all involve heavy usage of interaction with other people. I've heard nothing but praise for them by most of my friends and enjoy them myself, I would like to hear your take.
I have yet to delve into Dragon Age, but Mass Effect is by far my favorite series of video games ever. Despite their flaws, there is a not a single source of entertainment (save EverQuest) which held my interest that went so far as to read over 95% of the wiki for the series, the comics, and the books. IMO the books sucked and the comics were too short, but it felt great being in a sci-fi universe where I felt like I mattered and everything hinged on me. There were a few characters I really had no interest in speaking to (Grunt and Jacob, for example), while I was always seeing when Ashley and Miranda were finally going to rip off their clothes for me and enjoyed all Thane, Garrus and Jack said or did. While not psychologically profound, it was satisfying seeing the action/reaction consequences, interactions, and personality qualities and flaws pop out as events unfolded.

Also, I haven't completed 3. I'm waiting for a new computer so I can max out all the graphics and marathon the trilogy. It seems worth it.

RE: Deep, personal emotional confessionals

Shout out to my partners in crime. I've got straight up social anxiety, depression, have had MPD, and too much else to spill on an internet forum. If you're not fucked in the head, you've been living under a rock, or something's wrong with you.
And that's why I have a very well paid psychiatrist, to tell others that there's nothing wrong with me. Though I don't always express it properly, I like people. I just tried of cleaning them out of my meat grinder.

I actually bought (well, traded for) a game and finished it -before the sale ended-. I'm a bad hoarder.

Ys Chronicles. Get it. Right the hell now.

Another disappointing Steam sale. Only 10 "deals" per day plus 15 Flash/CC sales. If there wasn't so much repetition, perhaps it would've been a little better, but with the 2nd chance to buy the previous day's top 10 deals, there was no urgency and with so little selection, it felt like even more repetition. Very few "ZOMG! Teh dealz! Bye bye bye!" like a $20 Bioshock Infinite would've been. My meager purchases:

* Borderlands 2 - $7.65 (bought 4-pack)

* Torchlight II - $5

* System Shock 2 - $2.50

TOTAL: $15.15

All sequels, hmmm.
All really awesome sequels, I might say. ;)

And that's why I have a very well paid psychiatrist, to tell others that there's nothing wrong with me. Though I don't always express it properly, I like people. I just tried of cleaning them out of my meat grinder.
Wait - I thought you raced against others at night in the underground racing scene? ;)

Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tomb Raider 1, Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3, Tomb Raider 4, Tomb Raider 5, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness - $5.32
Scribblenauts Unlimited - $4.99
Strike Suit Infinity - $1.74
Iron Warrior - $0.49
Noitu Love 2 Devolution - $1.49
Magical Drop V, Zach Zero - $4.23
Universe Sandbox - $1.99
Sword of the Stars: The Pit - $2.50

Total: $22.75

All bought with card money.

My psych is so well payed for 200$ you get 5 minutes, Everyone in here who isn't a psychiatrist dun goofed lol

Iron Warrior - $0.49

How is Iron Warrior? for 49 cents the Screens make it look fun

Well here is what I've spent this sale.

Psychonauts, Puzzle Quest 2, They Bleed Pixels, McPixels, Super House of Dead Ninjas, Bastion, Dark Souls, Blocks That Matter, Surgeon Simulator, Tomb Raider, Reus,Orcs Must Die 2 CP, System Shock 2, To The Moon, Deponia, Under the Ocean, Monaco, Penny Arcade's 4, Rouge Legacy.

Grand total of $87.04

I only bought 3 $20 steam cards so I made $27.04 from selling stuff in the Steam market. The only game I got burnt from was Penny Arcade's 4 which I think got a 50% discount that I didn't see coming. Awesome summer sale and with the addition of cards only made it better.

Time to input my mental issues! :D mostly depression, but some dislike for social interaction (most people annoy me with their uniformity toward general things like sports)

I have yet to delve into Dragon Age, but Mass Effect is by far my favorite series of video games ever. Despite their flaws, there is a not a single source of entertainment (save EverQuest) which held my interest that went so far as to read over 95% of the wiki for the series, the comics, and the books. IMO the books sucked and the comics were too short, but it felt great being in a sci-fi universe where I felt like I mattered and everything hinged on me. There were a few characters I really had no interest in speaking to (Grunt and Jacob, for example), while I was always seeing when Ashley and Miranda were finally going to rip off their clothes for me and enjoyed all Thane, Garrus and Jack said or did. While not psychologically profound, it was satisfying seeing the action/reaction consequences, interactions, and personality qualities and flaws pop out as events unfolded.

Also, I haven't completed 3. I'm waiting for a new computer so I can max out all the graphics and marathon the trilogy. It seems worth it.
I'm glad to hear it :D make sure you download the ending dlc if you prefer multiple playthroughs (not intending controversy, it just works out) I enjoy the ME series too, Dragon Age was pretty good itself :) My last question, why not Tali? (arguably the best character within the game besides Shepard)

My haul so far during Steam Summer Sale:

Steam:

Tomb Raider 1-6 -> $3.84

Strike Suit Mega Bundle -> $5.99

Amazon DVG:

Tomb Raider (2013) -> $10.62

Humble Bundle:

Spiderweb Collection -> $1.05

Groupees:

Ocean City Racing -> 75 cents

Glad to hear that you're getting better.

Seems like you're a walking paradox, not a walking contradiction.

I love music. :D But, yeah - I'm usually NOT the dude that hits the dance floor and dances. I always am playing music at home or on my MP3 player - and dancing when at home and/or bobbing my head to the music when on the go.

When you DJ, I'd guess you're in total control of the tunes and you can just vibe to the tunes, not worried too much about people & talking w/ them and stuff. You just play your music - and probably any requests you feel like taking; and that's about it. DJ'ing sounds like fun, though. :D
You hit the nail on the head. You control the mood, the pace and the energy of the place. You can zone out and get lost in the music. Electronic music is especially great for this as everyone has a different experience and expressing it in their own way. There's no right or wrong, no judgement or humiliation, no negativity and conflict. I'm sure the drugs being passed around probably don't hurt either.

I'm definitely not one for the dance floor - with half my spine being fused together, I have trouble moving the top and bottom half of my body at the same time. So I stand close to the subs (I'm a basshead) or on stage behind anyone else DJ'ing, do a subtle jig with my legs, bob my head and I fit right in. My fiance grew up on hip-hop and top 40's, so she's the opposite... when she pulls me out to dance with her is the only time I know I'm being laughed at. Not in a "Haha, look at that idiot try to dance" way, but more of a "Wow, he looks awkward, but kudos for trying and at least he's enjoying himself!" People who know my past consistently pat me on the back at the end of the night for pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

I'm glad to hear it :D make sure you download the ending dlc if you prefer multiple playthroughs (not intending controversy, it just works out) I enjoy the ME series too, Dragon Age was pretty good itself :) My last question, why not Tali? (arguably the best character within the game besides Shepard)
Tali is cool, especially after her whole debacle with her father and connection to the grand picture. Sometimes she was just a little too... whiny and immature (which is how she is meant to be perceived I believe) for my taste. She became a lot more tolerable once she came to understand things better and she wasn't placed in so many situations where they seemed to use her purely out of convenience.

I have yet to delve into Dragon Age...
I highly recommend DA:O Ultimate Edition, if you like Baldur's Gate series (Strategic-style party-based RPG) and want a major time-sink.

...but Mass Effect is by far my favorite series of video games ever. Despite their flaws, there is a not a single source of entertainment (save EverQuest) which held my interest that went so far as to read over 95% of the wiki for the series, the comics, and the books. IMO the books sucked and the comics were too short, but it felt great being in a sci-fi universe where I felt like I mattered and everything hinged on me. There were a few characters I really had no interest in speaking to (Grunt and Jacob, for example), while I was always seeing when Ashley and Miranda were finally going to rip off their clothes for me and enjoyed all Thane, Garrus and Jack said or did. While not psychologically profound, it was satisfying seeing the action/reaction consequences, interactions, and personality qualities and flaws pop out as events unfolded.

I love the Mass Effect series, as well.

Mass Effect 3 was great, IMHO - except the last 5-10 minutes of the base game (before Extended Cut).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back