The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting lists. Seeing some stuff I need to add to my cart for the final buy. So far I bought:

Clive Barker's Jericho

Just Cause

Monaco (went in with on 4 pack)

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Complete

Rage: The Scorchers DLC

System Shock

In my cart:

Afterfall: Insanity

Bard's Tale

Brothers in Arm Complete Pack (only 35% off but at $12.99 still a steal IMO)

Defense Grid Containment DLC

Defense Grid You Monster DLC

Legend: Hand of God

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Rise of the Argonauts

Shellshock 2: Blood Trails

My haul from steam sale
Bought:
Valve complete bundle --$34.00
FTL: Faster Than Light --$2.49
Critter Crunch --$1.46
Hotline Miami --$2.49
Fallout 3 -- $2.49
Fallout NV UE --$4.99
The Secret World --$11.50 (Thanks fellow CAG!)
Penny Arcade 4 --$2.49
Surgeon Sim --$3.39
System Shock 2 --$2.49
Darksiders 2 --$9.99
Chivalry --$6.29
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Received:
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Going to grab Breath of Death, To The Moon, Toki Toki, and Eschalton.

thought about  Lost Horizon, but really need things I can play in short bursts.

I didn't think there was any way I'd spend any money on this sale... but...

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon... I had never heard of this. Maybe because I work two jobs, don't own Far Cry 3, and I live under a rock. But holy crap is this game fun and hilarious. And to get a round number, I finally added KOTOR II to my Star Wars library.

Just wanted to evangelize an overlooked gem, Retro/Grade, a steal at 75% off, $2.49:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222660/

If you are a fan of the old PS2 Frequency or Amplitude, or any GH/RB music game, definitely pick this up. Great music and dazzling visual effects. At first I assumed it was similar to procedurally generated "use your music library" games like Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, etc., which I'm less interested in, but it's definitely a tightly-designed music game. It has a really creative scheme for explaining why those colored beads are coming towards you, that's tough to describe and better left to discover.

It's obvious that a ton of work and polish went into this game, and it's a shame that it's had a tough time finding its audience - there is a really interesting video of the designer's GDC talk where he talks openly about the personal difficulties he faced during development and through the poor sales post-release: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1017963/Obsessive-Compulsive-Development-Retro-Grade

Longtime mostly lurker on this thread.. Would love to fill up my Steam friends list for anyone interested: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987956417

Although it's high on my wishlist, I'm passing and it makes me feel like a dick.

added you also

RE: Hotline Miami

[customspoiler="you gotta be here -- there's free beer']
I didn't see what everyone else saw in. The gameplay is frantic and well done and all, but it just gets repetitive and annoying. I played through half of the game, got tired of it, and have never gone back. The music is interesting in the way that an experimental art piece painted entirely with Play-Doh is. You look/listen to it, go "Ooh, that's kinda neat.", and then you walk away. It didn't grab me at all, but it was "neat".

All in all, it's not a bad game, but my word people hype the shit out of it. It's not that fantastic.

[/customspoiler]

RE: Deep, personal emotional confessionals

Shout out to my partners in crime. I've got straight up social anxiety, depression, have had MPD, and too much else to spill on an internet forum. If you're not fucked in the head, you've been living under a rock, or something's wrong with you.

[/QUOTE]

If any of you think you're mentally weak, using the internet as a confessional should squash all that. Ballsy.

God Speed

[IMG]http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff179/westcoastkanye/14422461_11-Vida-Guerra.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE="Mighty Tor, post: 10925914, time: 1374451581"]Also kind of bitter that it's the only foil I've gotten in like 130 drops and 2 boosters.

[background=yellow] :wave: [/background]140+ card drops and 0 foils [background=yellow] [/background][background=yellow] :wave: [/background]

Another disappointing Steam sale. Only 10 "deals" per day plus 15 Flash/CC sales. If there wasn't so much repetition, perhaps it would've been a little better, but with the 2nd chance to buy the previous day's top 10 deals, there was no urgency and with so little selection, it felt like even more repetition. Very few "ZOMG! Teh dealz! Bye bye bye!" like a $20 Bioshock Infinite would've been. My meager purchases:

Previous biannual Steam-sales showcased games and offered mostly everything else at its maximum expected discount and that was often 75%.

This one has 35%s (Ubi) and feeble, seemingly arbitrary discounts that prey on new CAGs.

My wishlist is fraught with 50%s and even some undiscounted what-the-fcuk-mans. Mahjong Quest, why?

Ys Chronicles. Get it. Right the hell now.

At that price do you think it would be Ys?

... fucking hand me a tomato

Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tomb Raider 1, Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3, Tomb Raider 4, Tomb Raider 5, Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness - $5.32
[customspoiler="hotdogging blowhard or showboating braggart depending on what you're into']Scribblenauts Unlimited - $4.99
Strike Suit Infinity - $1.74
Iron Warrior - $0.49
Noitu Love 2 Devolution - $1.49
Magical Drop V, Zach Zero - $4.23
Universe Sandbox - $1.99
Sword of the Stars: The Pit - $2.50[/customspoiler]

Total: $22.75

All bought with card money.

You listed the TRs individually to seem economically sharper.

Don't forget to bring Hennessey and black beans.

And someone asked for Summer Sale Haul postings....

[customspoiler=damn]Sleeping Dogs - Movie Master Pack, Sleeping Dogs - Monkey King Pack, Omerta- The Bulgarian Colossus DLC, Grid, Drakensang, Project Freedom, Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, Plain Sight, Smash Cars, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - EP 1, Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode II, Tiny Troopers, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle Mode DLC, Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle, Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition, Worms Revolution - Season Pass Preorder, Worms Revolution 4-pack, Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Multiplayer Pack, Worms Ultimate Mayhem - Customization Pack, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed 4-Pack, Omerta City of Gangsters Pre-Order 2-Pack, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed: Metal Sonic Pack, Omerta The Con Artist DLC, Worms Armageddon, Omerta Damsel in Distress DLC, Omerta The Arms Industry, Towns, StarDrive, Waking Mars - Soundtrack, AquaNox + AquaNox 2, FTL: Faster Than Light + Soundtrack, Castle Crashers Pink Knight, Castle Crashers Blacksmith, RailWorks Network Southeast Class 47 Add-On, Railworks HST Pack 01, Train Simulator 2013 Deluxe, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Rayman Origins, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Afterfall Dirty Arena DLC, Project: Snowblind, Hunting Unlimited 2010, Dead Mountaineer's Hotel, Foreign Legion Bundle, Gemini Wars, A New Beginning - Final Cut, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, Gyromancer, Secret of the Magic Crystals, Puzzle Quest 2, Making History II: The War of the World, Supreme Commander 2 - Infinite War Battle Pack One, Front Mission Evolved, Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer Pack 2, Front Mission Evolved - Weapon Pack 2, Front Mission Evolved - Wanzer Pack 3, Front Mission Evolved - Map Pack 1, Front Mission Evolved - Last Stand Mode, Unity of Command, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, Puddle, Thomas Was Alone, Jagged Alliance 2 - Wildfire, Afterfall InSanity Extended Edition, The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles Collectors Edition, Unity of Command - Red Turn DLC, Defense Grid: Containment DLC, Fly'N: Soundtrack Edition, Dungeon Siege 2, Dungeon Siege, Frozen Synapse: Soundtrack Edition, iBomber Defense, Frozen Synapse: Red DLC, Divine Divinity, Inversion, Spirits, Elemental: Fallen Enchantress, They Bleed Pixels Collector's Edition, Beyond Divinity, Chaos on Deponia, Stealth Bastard Deluxe + Soundtrack, Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Map Pack, Party of Sin Soundtrack, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Soundtrack, The Dark Eye, Rochard - Hard Times, Stealth Bastard Deluxe - The Teleporter Chambers, Under the Ocean, Magicka: Tower of Niflheim, Magicka: Free Jolnir's Workshop, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 4-pack, XCOM Enemy Unknown (ROW), XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack WW, XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves, Euro Truck Simulator, DiRT Megapack (New 2013), RAGE The Scorchers DLC, LEGO Lord of the Rings, Ace of Spades Game and St. Valentines Day Massacre Pack Bundle, Dawn of War II: Retribution - Complete DLC Bundle, The Walking Dead: 400 Days, Hitman Absolution Suit and Gun Collection, Hitman Absolution Professional, Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars 3P, I Am Alive, Tomb Raider: Tomb of Lost Adventurer, Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4, Tomb Raider (ROW), Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: Siberian Strike, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2: World Hunter Pack, Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle, Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2, Dark Souls, Scribblenauts Unlimited[/customspoiler]

also crafted a level 5 Summer Sale Badge for...some reason.
steam_summer_badge.png

Where's the needle up in dat bitch?

Never trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and lives

likethis_zpsf71e8b58.png

Your grammar never fails to both amuse and confuse the fuck out of me every time. I think effective use of punctuation would work miracles. [customspoiler=AIDS]You'd be surprised how much brain power it takes for a reader to separate each thought and concept when it all reads as one sentence. It's like someone meeting you on the street and saying, "Hi!NicetomeetyouIamFrankbutyoucancallmeJohnnybecausethat'smyfavoritenicknameandohdidyouseethestarslastnightfrickinawesometherewasevenacommetImadeawishandIhopeitcomestruewhereareyourparentsfrom?"[/customspoiler]

please stop

[customspoiler=AIDS]I would say that comparison is a stretch at best. Their actual store and servers is still the best besides at price changeover points (see GamersGate, GMG, and hell, even Amazon). Also, Steam is a free service. You pay for game licenses which Valve profits from, but for all intents and purposes, the service is free. [/customspoiler]You aren't entitled to game discounts, which by the way are way better than what console gamers get, nor are you entitled to consistent communication on cards which aren't all Valve but require developer cooperation. [customspoiler=AIDS]I would agree about the non-existent customer service, however.[/customspoiler]

please stop

If I was in charge of one of Steam's competitors, I would've watched all the community votes closely, and today would've been the day I matched the price on all the deals that failed to make an appearance on Steam. Sure, they didn't win the majority of the votes, but every game got enough votes where you have to believe there are many people out there wishing for those prices to materialize. It would be the perfect opportunity for other digital distributors to gain some new customers.

Doesn't it seem that way with damn-near every business? Inept fucks.

Got a few things in my cart until after the Flash Deals at 5 am.

In consideration:
Aztaka $2.49
Diamond Dan $2.49

Those 2 are hood rats. You should probably google #duck it and procure 'em for less.

Anyone else have problems with the X360 controller in Sonic Racing Transformed? I have it set to use the 360 controller and it works just fine in all the menus. Once I get into a game though nothing works. I have to unplug it just to bring up the damn pause menu.
no, wish I could blame the controller but I suck at it lol

I did do the fix posted by munny though

Try deleting the conrollers.xml file in your documents folder, did the trick for me.
me too

What? Aw man can't believe I missed that... was SF4 at 66% or 75% off?
yeah the weekend before the summer sale started :(

unfortunately, I didn't have enough free real money from card farming yet

Finally got my 360 controller to work with Sonic Racing Transformed. Seemed that deleting the control xml in my documents along with restarting a ridiculous amount of times did the trick. Whoever mentioned deleting the xml, thank you.

Really surprised at how fun the game is. We should try to get a CAG night for it going as I think that'd be a blast.
I couldn't figure out how to get the multiplayer to work, it would just sit there with a spinning circle

just got a Faerie Solitaire booster pack. I feel like I should just sell it, but the thought of getting a foil is tempting. Has anyone here EVER gotten a foil from a booster pack?
lol you are funny mr squirrel

no, but I've only had the balls to open one but I did sell the other 3 and the person that bought them didn't get one either

Come to think of it, I haven't gotten a foil yet out of over 170 card drops and counting.

That is a possibility. I dont know how many people craft, but you are not considering new steam members who will be like "omg what was the summer getaway badge and how do I get it?"
yep, counting on this; so I removed most everything I had on the market...

Time to rebuild my Steam wallet with other peoples' real money :bouncy:

I've definitely found CAG a more welcoming community than most. Sure everyone likes to tease people over this and that, but for the most part I have had nothing but awesome experiences with nearly everyone I've met on this forum :grouphug:
Except for that 1 asshole on here; I think his name is sunasun or something like that.

At least the summer badge makes it easy to see how much you've spent:

You have spent approximately $183.39 USD in the store since the sale began.

($80.16 in personal purchases, $103.23 extra from 4packs)
You have spent approximately $30.53 USD in the store since the sale began.
all other people's real money :whee:
also bought Tome Reader 2013 from Amazon using paypal funded by; wait for it;
my steam wallet full of other peoples' monies
Would've spent a little more but was at work during all the price glitches but Just Cause.

also bought Tome Reader 2013 from Amazon using paypal funded by; wait for it;
my steam wallet full of other peoples' monies
Would've spent a little more but was at work during all the price glitches but Just Cause.
I always thought there weren't enough book-reading simulations on Steam.

In my cart:

Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
Save the $2.37 and some of your sanity by taking this game out of your cart. Near useless grenades and iron sights, no jumping, regular enemies that shrug off a direct rocket hit and minibosses that take about 50 point blank shotgun blasts to the head to kill are just a few of the features it offers. I played through it twice on 360 to get 1000/1000 GS and I will never forget the hell it put me through.

My guess is the summer sale cards will likely go up in price tomorrow, but then when people realize they're not selling, they'll start to plummet as people try to frantically offload them. Then they'll eventually stabilize in a week or maybe longer.
Yeah, to be honest, I don't expect them to skyrocket in value after the sale ends. They were simply far too common. Everyone that voted in every community vote got 12, every $10 spent gave you one, and every badge you created gave you another. Currently, every getaway card on the market has nearly 40,000 listings and those don't include the people that might have been hoarding them. Not to mention, the wallpapers and emotes you get for creating the badge are all almost under a nickel.

I guess I'll add one more adventure game for $4.99. From the Lucasarts of Germany.

Good enough for me.

edit: Deponia.

Tempted on some of those "indie classics" like Cave Story and Binding of Issac, but....

Over the course of the sale, I got Fable III, Awesomenauts, Monaco, Mars: War Logs, Dishonored (ROW), Organ Trail: Director's Cut, Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC, Ys I and II Chronicles, and FEZ. My backlog just keeps growing.

Both true and false.

Out of the box, Bioware can't really so much be praised for making the games well for console as they can be condemned for not putting much work into the PC versions' graphics. However, this is what modding is for.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/368/index/9735492/1

Basically, the PC version looks MUCH better the the console versions with those mods.

xCumZrz.png

omg, Steam wallet = real money. It takes very little effort to convert it into PayPal. People really need to stop saying that. >_>

Like others said, it's not a game you "beat", since it's more like an extremely in depth board game. Also, even if you aren't a turn-based-strategy fan, I'd say that there's a chance you'd like it. I'm not a big strategy guy myself, and I love Civ V.

Play the demo and buy it if it appeals to you. It's really an awesome game, especially as you get used to it, just be sure to start on the lowest difficulties first!
The Civlopedia is an overlooked feature; it's a unique and fascinating presentation that people killed for way back when.

[customspoiler='...']Save the $2.37 and some of your sanity by taking this game out of your cart. Near useless grenades and iron sights, no jumping, regular enemies that shrug off a direct rocket hit and minibosses that take about 50 point blank shotgun blasts to the head to kill are just a few of the features it offers. I played through it twice on 360 to get 1000/1000 GS
[/customspoiler]and I will never forget the hell it put me through.
photo-185528.png

I guess I'll add one more adventure game for $4.99. From the Lucasarts of Germany.
Good enough for me.

Tempted on some of those "indie classics" like Cave Story and Binding of Issac, but....

Cave Story is (legally) free on the internet.

Good enough for me.

The Binding Of Isaac is such a good game its definitely my favorite game that I bought from the Steam Sale there is so much replay value in that game.

Well here is what I got (I wouldn't call it a haul, but it is more for my ever present backlog):

Bought for myself :bouncy:

Blocks That Matter - $1.24

Terraria - $2.49

System Shock 2 - $2.49

Fly'N - $2.49

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - $1.99

Scribblenauts Unlimited (with Ticket to Ride) - $4.24

To The Moon - $2.99

Puzzler World - $0.99

Gift to Me (Thanks you guys) :applause:

Magical Drop V

Tomb Raider Underworld

Y's Chronicles

Just Cause

Gifted to Others :grouphug:

Critter Crunch

Just Cause (I guess what goes around comes around)

All in all I definitely would have grabbed more was it not for the "new payment method, locked out of market" nonsense, but I'm rather glad with what I got and the fact that none of it was out of my personal pocket (Amazon and Trading Card Money). Favorite thing about the sale: the fact it is now over and I won't have to update the thread thrice a day :oldman:

Speaking of which I'm planning on making a new thread now once the new week's deals go live, but I'm giving anyone that wants to step up to the plate the opportunity to do it first...

Yeah, to be honest, I don't expect them to skyrocket in value after the sale ends. They were simply far too common. Everyone that voted in every community vote got 12, every $10 spent gave you one, and every badge you created gave you another. Currently, every getaway card on the market has nearly 40,000 listings and those don't include the people that might have been hoarding them. Not to mention, the wallpapers and emotes you get for creating the badge are all almost under a nickel.
Not quite. I crafted up to a Level 5 getaway badge. Why? I crafted one just to have the cards locked for if and when they implement the card binder feature, and I got a rare Skyrim profile that pretty much paid for it. So I did it again. And again. In total, I got 3 Rare Skyrim backgrounds (value varies from 1.10 to 2.10), 1 Rare Torchlight background (around .30-.40), and 1 useless postcard background, and maybe an emoticon worth a quarter? So they're not all low-demand backgrounds.

Well for my first Steam Summer Sale I guess I might have been one of the few that didnt spend over $20 on games.

What I bought:

-The Binding Of Isaac + Wrath of Lamb DLC

-McPixel

-Blocks That Matter

-Just Cause (during price glitch)

-Tomb Raider 1-3 (during price glitch)

-Garry's Mod

-Organ Trail

-Strike Suit Infinity

-Serious Sam Classic-First Encounter

A fellow CAG gave me Magicka as well.

Rather than post a haul summary, I'm just going to delight in the fact that I spent exactly $60.01 on Steam storefront purchases this sale, nearly perfectly maximizing my card gains.  Cards that will be worth a nickel each in short order when it's realized that supply crushes demand.

Still managed to only spend card money ever since the card beta began.

Still hoping Amazon properly matches the Steam version of Rogue Legacy so I can use GOONCAVE and have made a purchase there this sale.  Thinking I'm just going to end up waiting for the game to go on sale cheaper.  (Yes, I'm aware it's $11.99 with Steam and DRM free from the dev.)

So Gamestop has started their summer sale, I just started looking through the games and the discounts so far make the Steam summer sale look Amazing...

And also food for thought, I don't understand why people want to wait to sell cards to make a few pennies extra when barely anything will be on sale. The 25% off sales will sound tempting again because it is just cardz money...

This was pretty fun for my first Steam sale.  Here's my haul (Which isn't much since I'm a bit unemployed at the moment...)

-Ghost Master

-Terraria

-Don't Starve

-Torchlight II

-Orcs Must Die 2

-Sword of the Stars: The Pit

-Strike Suit Infinity

-Time Gentlemen, Please / Ben There, Dan That Double Pack

-Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack

The only thing that really frustrated me is that I didn't get many Summer Cards, because I'm only Level 3, and I'm not eligible to use the Market until Monday night around 8pm.  Kinda lame, but I hope to be in a better position for the next sale.

What I got out of this is.. 
Half-Life Anthology
Organ Trail x2 
Terraria 4-pack
Mirror's Edge

Deus Ex
The Last Remnant

I regret not getting Baldur's Gate and System Shock, but oh well. S'est la vis. There's still one flash sale left and then the holiday sale.

Pretty disappointing sale as far as I was concerned. I have 2 rules for Steam: 1. At least 75% off or GTFO and 2. Nothing over $5. I try pretty hard not to break either rule. There wasn't whole lot of non-indie stuff that I had been wanting that met both of those criteria. I was especially disappointed that Anno 2070 and Shogun 2 didn't get cheap enough for me. The constant repeats were also pretty disheartening. That being said I did manage to get a few things I wanted:

Fallout Collection - $2.99

Torchlight 2 - $3.75 (part of a 4 pack)

Worms Revolution - $2.81 (part of a 4-pack)

Worms Revolution - Season Pass - $3.74

Worms Armageddon - $3.74

Just Cause Collection - $4.99

Tropico 4: Vigilante DLC - $.99

System Shock 2 - $2.49

The Witcher 2 - $4.99

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum - $4.99

Cities XL Platinum - $7.49 (Wow I didn't even remember it being over $5)

For a total of $42.87 spent.

I usually try to avoid buying any indie games on Steam since it seems like every time I buy one it just ends up in a bundle, but during the big Steam sales I usually do end up digging through the hidden gems lists and picking up a couple for the hell of it. After looking at bunch of lists I've narrowed it down to the following games and I need some help deciding between them. I'm probably only looking to spend $5-$10 on these total:

Fowl Space

Agricultural Simulator 2011: Extended Edition

Demolition, Inc.

Governor of Poker 2 - Premium Edition

Go Home Dinosaurs!

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy

Magical Drop V

The Political Machine 2012

Puzzle Quest 2

They Bleed Pixels (I'm extremely worried this will be in a bundle very soon)

Under the Ocean

Flora's Fruit Farm (LOL)

4 Elements

Fortune Summoners

Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters

Puddle

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Winter Voices (Any of the specific DLC's I should get?)

Cart Life

Defy Gravity Extended

Retro/Grade

Antichamber x 3 (2 gifted) - 18

Fallout Collection - 2.99

Dishonored DLC - 5

Trials Gold x2 - 20 (1 gifted)

Dust x2 - 15 (1 gifted)

Mortal Kombat CE - 20 (gifted)

Deus Ex - 2.99 (gifted)

Bastion x2 - 5 gifted

Anno + DLC - 20 (1 gifted)

Scribble Nauts x2 - 10 (1gifted)

Witcher 2 - 5 gifted

4 packs

Ace of Spades - 7.5

Magicka - 7.5

Torchlight 2 - 15

Sanctum 2 - 22.5

Castle Crashers - 11

Sonic Racing - 20

About $208 spent this time around with some 4 packs copies left over and some more money spent on trades.Spent more on gifts than I did for me.

Skyrim Legendary on GG UK site for $14.62 for those with Beth/BL2 discount. Go, go, go!

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ES5SLE/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition
Anyone want to hook me up with x2 copies for Amazon GC? Or even Paypal? I can even trade some games on Steam

Antichamber x 3 (2 gifted) - 18

Fallout Collection - 2.99

Dishonored DLC - 5

Trials Gold x2 - 20 (1 gifted)

Dust x2 - 15 (1 gifted)

Mortal Kombat CE - 20 (gifted)

Deus Ex - 2.99 (gifted)

Bastion x2 - 5 gifted

Anno + DLC - 20 (1 gifted)

Scribble Nauts x2 - 10 (1gifted)

Witcher 2 - 5 gifted

4 packs

Ace of Spades - 7.5

Magicka - 7.5

Torchlight 2 - 15

Sanctum 2 - 22.5

Castle Crashers - 11

Sonic Racing - 20

About $208 spent this time around with some 4 packs copies left over and some more money spent on trades.Spent more on gifts than I did for me.

Skyrim Legendary on GG UK site for $14.62 for those with Beth/BL2 discount. Go, go, go!

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-ES5SLE/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-legendary-edition
Anyone want to hook me up with x2 copies for Amazon GC? Or even Paypal? I can even trade some games on Steam

I liked the new Bionic Commando. I feel like it was one of those games that thanks to brand identity, was maligned for not being what people wanted, instead of for being bad.

I think the biggest problem was probably that people wanted an open world swing-a-thon, but instead you get these linear paths, and if you stray to explore you get killed by invisible walls of death under the pretense of radiation. Also, the game doesn't remember anything you have done after the previous checkpoint, so you have to get challenges and bonus pickups again when you die.

The story was also terrible. Unfortunately it is so terrible that it bypasses "so terrible it's good" and just becomes "so terrible it's terrible". Worth a laugh though.

I enjoyed the mobility that the arm allows for in combat. I've never played any of the Spider Man games, and Just Cause 2 isn't really a swinging game, so it wasn't the same either.

P.S. It's true Rearmed is better though.
This is spot on. The game had its flaws but overall it is a good game.

Just bought the skyrim UK from Gamers gate.  100% confirmed region free.  Even for 18.50 after currency charge it is a very good deal.  Far and away beats steams 36 (plus tax for me.)

Pretty disappointing sale as far as I was concerned. I have 2 rules for Steam: 1. At least 75% off or GTFO and 2. Nothing over $5. I try pretty hard not to break either rule. There wasn't whole lot of non-indie stuff that I had been wanting that met both of those criteria. I was especially disappointed that Anno 2070 and Shogun 2 didn't get cheap enough for me. The constant repeats were also pretty disheartening. That being said I did manage to get a few things I wanted:

Fallout Collection - $2.99

Torchlight 2 - $3.75 (part of a 4 pack)

Worms Revolution - $2.81 (part of a 4-pack)

Worms Revolution - Season Pass - $3.74

Worms Armageddon - $3.74

Just Cause Collection - $4.99

Tropico 4: Vigilante DLC - $.99

System Shock 2 - $2.49

The Witcher 2 - $4.99

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum - $4.99

Cities XL Platinum - $7.49 (Wow I didn't even remember it being over $5)

For a total of $42.87 spent.

I usually try to avoid buying any indie games on Steam since it seems like every time I buy one it just ends up in a bundle, but during the big Steam sales I usually do end up digging through the hidden gems lists and picking up a couple for the hell of it. After looking at bunch of lists I've narrowed it down to the following games and I need some help deciding between them. I'm probably only looking to spend $5-$10 on these total:

Fowl Space

Agricultural Simulator 2011: Extended Edition

Demolition, Inc.

Governor of Poker 2 - Premium Edition

Go Home Dinosaurs!

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy

Magical Drop V

The Political Machine 2012

Puzzle Quest 2

They Bleed Pixels (I'm extremely worried this will be in a bundle very soon)

Under the Ocean

Flora's Fruit Farm (LOL)

4 Elements

Fortune Summoners

Chantelise - A Tale of Two Sisters

Puddle

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Winter Voices (Any of the specific DLC's I should get?)

Cart Life

Defy Gravity Extended

Retro/Grade
I was thinking about They Bleed Pixels being in a bundle, but I said fuck it and purchased on GMG (actually bought 2) during their big sale. You can get it even cheaper now with their 30 percent coupon (unless the one I got in the email was one-time use sort of thing). But at any rate, it's cheaper over there b/c of the 20 percent coupon. I think 2 guys made it, and they say DLC is coming soon. It's more frustrating than I thought it would be, but if the goal is to just play through the game [combat is clunky, doesn't have to be as awkward as it is], it's completely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back