The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Palinn']They claim that the d-pad is better but I don't seem to have any problems with my 360. Maybe I don't use it enough or play the types of games where it would matter.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with the d-pad. But that's me.

[quote name='pROvIs']I declare the soda wars over, may the beer wars begin!

fat_tire.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Fat Tire is awesome. The beer wars are over before they start!

[quote name='pROvIs']I declare the soda wars over, may the beer wars begin![/QUOTE]

It's not official until MrNinjaSquirrel puts it in the title :D

(just kidding! it is nice having actual deals there)

In the next hour Dead Space Pack is going down, should I wait for the summer sale and hope this goes on there, or do I buy it now and add to my backlog?

[quote name='NeoRez']In the next hour Dead Space Pack is going down, should I wait for the summer sale and hope this goes on there, or do I buy it now and add to my backlog?[/QUOTE]

The games seem to hit $4.99 in every single big sale.

[quote name='NeoRez']In the next hour Dead Space Pack is going down, should I wait for the summer sale and hope this goes on there, or do I buy it now and add to my backlog?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']The games seem to hit $4.99 in every single big sale.[/QUOTE]

If you are just backlogging it I would wait as louiedog said. It hits this price every sale.

[quote name='louiedog']The games seem to hit $4.99 in every single big sale.[/QUOTE]
Is it just a regional thing by me or did the price of the Dead Space pack just drop to $9.99 for everyone?

[quote name='aronater']Is it just a regional thing by me or did the price of the Dead Space pack just drop to $9.99 for everyone?[/QUOTE]
Still $21.24 for me.

[quote name='aronater']Is it just a regional thing by me or did the price of the Dead Space pack just drop to $9.99 for everyone?[/QUOTE]

75% off, $9.99 for me.

And to add to the beer conversation, Dead Guy is one of my favorites. The aftertaste is just so much better than most other ales.

rogue%20dead%20guy%20ale.jpg

This Steam marketplace is great. Since spending that 36 cents to become a TF2 premium user I've made enough money selling TF2 items and trading cards to fund the purchase of 4 Portal 2 cards plus $9.49 cash, with 2 items yet to sell.

Does anyone have ideas on how I can cheaply earn another badge and get myself from level 9 to 10? I already got the Portal 2 badge. It says I need 75xp to reach level 10.

If you don't mind Origin instead of Steam, Amazon has it for $7.99.

Otherwise this is the stock sale price it will be on Steam for years probably, so it comes down totally to when you think you'll play it.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']
Does anyone have ideas on how I can cheaply earn another badge and get myself from level 9 to 10? I already got the Portal 2 badge. It says I need 75xp to reach level 10.[/QUOTE]

Have you gotten your community badge to level 2 yet?

[quote name='Eldredpe']
Have you gotten your community badge to level 2 yet?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's at level 2 but I haven't completed every objective, I'm not sure if doing that would earn more XP. I can fill in one more objective by viewing a guide in-game. I did use an emoticon in chat but didn't get credit for that one.

Idiotekque, you're arguing about the next gen consoles with the emotional investment of a console peasant. =p Many details are not known at this point anyhow. We can say that the CPU/GPU between both are the same or very close. Both ship with BlueRay. GDDR5 on the PS4 (unconfirmed on the Oxen Box). GDDR is a tweaked version of DDR (higher bandwidth and latency) the price differentials of GDDR & DDR are due to production VS demand. Memory fabs swap their production with regularity to maximize profits (I worked on some alternate designs for the fabs when RAM prices drop, for a little Idaho based company.)

The most interesting bit of the announcements is that every Oxen Box will ship with the new Kinect. While the new Kinect is improved (6 skeletons, finer tracking, lower latency, works in the dark & in smaller rooms) (which is awesome for hacked-Kinect robotics applications) I don't think that is nearly as significant as *every* Oxen Box will have one. Recall the troubled history of Console add-ons (be it expansions proper, or key peripherals) in that not everyone gets one so they are not often developed for. Now the Kinect is standard equipment. I'd speculate that since it is standard, we'll see far more use of it and possibly in more integrated ways. I also suspect it opens Oxen Box/Kinect up for nefarious big-data collection (e.g. measuring engagement level while watching TV/Netflix, amount of social TV use, etc).

It's showing $10, and I'm in the states. And what's the point of trying to discuss regional pricing without stating where you are.

[quote name='Eldredpe']

Have you gotten your community badge to level 2 yet?[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know you could do that, I need to get on that. If anyone needs/wants help with the trading task, I found I have some Spiral Knight premium currency in my inventory for whatever reason, and it is apparently tradable. Would be happy swapping some back and fourth for the badge;)

[quote name='asheskitty']
The most interesting bit of the announcements is that every Oxen Box will ship with the new Kinect. While the new Kinect is improved (6 skeletons, finer tracking, lower latency, works in the dark & in smaller rooms) (which is awesome for hacked-Kinect robotics applications) I don't think that is nearly as significant as *every* Oxen Box will have one. Recall the troubled history of Console add-ons (be it expansions proper, or key peripherals) in that not everyone gets one so they are not often developed for. Now the Kinect is standard equipment. I'd speculate that since it is standard, we'll see far more use of it and possibly in more integrated ways. I also suspect it opens Oxen Box/Kinect up for nefarious big-data collection (e.g. measuring engagement level while watching TV/Netflix, amount of social TV use, etc).
[/QUOTE]

All of what you said just makes me think of the N64 Expansion Pack.

38082718.jpg

Haha that thing was cool. I still have one in my N64 I guess.

Just raked in another $1.36 on the marketplace.

Okay I just bought an emoticon and was able to complete that objective for the community badge, not sure why it didn't work before. The :crate: emoticon is going for cheap on the marketplace FYI, got mine for 16 cents.

[quote name='asheskitty'] It's showing $10, and I'm in the states. And what's the point of trying to discuss regional pricing without stating where you are.[/QUOTE]
Israel. But it seems to have been a mistake, because its back at $12.49. Guess I got lucky because it flipped while I was checking out, so after PayPal sent me back to Steam to confirm the purchase, it showed up as $9.99 :).

[quote name='Eldredpe']Daily Deal
Art Rage 4 - $49.99 $24.99

I trust you're all satisfied with that.[/QUOTE]

See now with thread title updates this raises the conundrum, "Should this go in the thread title?" or should we just change it to "Walk Away"

Sure it's steam, but it's not a game. Better off noting Amazon's now carrying Sacred 2 (steam) for $5.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Daily Deal
Art Rage 4 - $49.99 $24.99

I trust you're all satisfied with that.[/QUOTE]

when i first saw the daily deal page on Steam, I read it as Nerd Rage 4...

[quote name='asheskitty']See now with thread title updates this raises the conundrum, "Should this go in the thread title?" or should we just change it to "Walk Away"

Sure it's steam, but it's not a game. Better off noting Amazon's now carrying Sacred 2 (steam) for $5.[/QUOTE]

So we rotate a weekly in to replace Dead Space. the Unreal pack, maybe.

[quote name='bubzers']when i first saw the daily deal page on Steam, I read it as Nerd Rage 4...[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I'm not paying $25 for Nerd Rage 4, but I hope it shows up in a bundle. :cool:

[quote name='asheskitty']See now with thread title updates this raises the conundrum, "Should this go in the thread title?" or should we just change it to "Walk Away"[/QUOTE]
DOES NOT BELONG IN TITLE. :whee:

[quote name='Eldredpe']So we rotate a weekly in to replace Dead Space. the Unreal pack, maybe.[/QUOTE]

Or sub in an ASCII penis.

[quote name='asheskitty']There's only one way to settle this civilly, survey.[/QUOTE]

There's been an awful lot of democracy happening in this thread as of late and frankly I find the whole thing very upsetting.

Yeah, since the title doesn't specify a certain deal as the daily, I figure there's no harm in failing to acknowledge the software daily in favor of a weekly getting its nod.

Also, in before someone gripes about the software deal "taking up a slot" for what could have been a better sale. It's not like Wishlisted Game That Never Gets A Sale was going to go 75% off today but Gabe told the publisher NO IT'S ART RAGE'S TURN YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO GO ON SALE WAIT FOR WINTER 2017. Things that will go on sale will go on sale regardless of what gets that particular spotlight.

[quote name='pROvIs']We all know there is only one Pepsi

crystalpep.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm a proud owner of a Crystal Pepsi T-shirt, just like Victor Banana.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']All of what you said just makes me think of the N64 Expansion Pack.

38082718.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was overjoyed when I bought an eBay N64 back in the day and it turned out to have the pack installed. It was necessary for Zelda: Majora's Mask which was one of my favorites on the system.

Pants beat me to it, but here's the full release:
The Humble Weekly Sale is back! This week, we’re featuring two haunting games from Remedy Entertainment! Name your price and get Alan Wake: Collector’s Edition, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, and tons of bonus content including special episodes “The Signal” and “The Writer” and heaps of unreleased material!

http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Check out the site for more details!

[quote name='pantsattack']Humble Bundle Weekly Sale on ALAN WAKE! That surprised me. Instabuy![/QUOTE]

Suddenly I don't feel so smug about getting the Alan Wake CE for less than $3 during a GamersGate Pricing glitch back in January. Oh well, in it for American Nightmare.

Technical comparison of PS4 vs Oxen Box on AnandTech.
PS4 clearly has more GPU power.

The N64 Ram expansion was fairly unique as far as console add-ons went. A lot of games didn't require it, but supported it thus enabling higher rez textures (quite visually better too) or in a few cases some added gameplay/features (San Francisco Rush 2049). There were a few games late in life that flat-out required it (Donkey Kong 64).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wow, never buying a game for more than $1 period... ever...[/QUOTE]

Heh, when I told my friend, who only has a 360, I track my purchases in a spreadsheet and I'm averaging about $1.50 a game his jaw dropped.

Well, you've *finally* talked me into buying Alan Wake... I no longer feel so "hot deal" over picking up AW: AN on the GG glitch...

[quote name='Eldredpe']There's been an awful lot of democracy happening in this thread as of late and frankly I find the whole thing very upsetting.[/QUOTE]

Mubarak said the same thing.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Anyone else getting errors trying to buy the humble bundle with paypal?[/QUOTE]

Amazon Payments worked fine for me.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wow, never buying a game for more than $1 period... ever...[/QUOTE]

$15 and I still haven't played the stupid thing. :cry:

Edited - if I buy this as a gift can I gift it to myself at some point?

[quote name='Eldredpe']Anyone else getting errors trying to buy the humble bundle with paypal?[/QUOTE]

No problems for me.

I have a balance of about $20 on my account though. So maybe that might have something to do with it.

I thought Alan Wake was almost absurdly overrated on 360, but $1 for both games on Steam? UM, OK. And I was just wondering when Humble weekly would come back.

[quote name='Palinn']$15 and I still haven't played the stupid thing. :cry:
[/QUOTE]
Same here but I paid something like $12.49 and had to install Gamestop client to get my key, never again.

In for Alan Wake's American Nightmare soundtrack.

I don't need more Steam copies. Guess I'll give 'em away?

Edit: Does this include FLAC versions of the soundtrack?

Just today, I offered someone Sonic Generations and Fable for Alan Wake on Steam Trades, and he turned down the offer. Bet he's pissed about it now :D.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Edit: Does this include FLAC versions of the soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Only for the base game. American Nightmare is just MP3.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']In for Alan Wake's American Nightmare soundtrack.

I don't need more Steam copies. Guess I'll give 'em away?[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm thinking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back