The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also note that you need to use your Huntsman promotional credit by midnight PDT to actually "pre-order" the game. (I've never pre-ordered software and being free this doesn't count against my record.)
Thanks for mentioning this. I would have missed the Huntsman promo. Hopefully the game is not totally crap :)

Looks like I own Trine 2 complete. I added it to the cart and when I couldn't purchase it for myself I realized I must have bought the DLC awhile ago...

FREE PLUG!

Thanks to the Enhanced Steam plug-in for Chrome, I was able to avoid the time-consuming process of adding the game to my cart only to realize I can't buy it for myself. If it's a game you're interested in, it's a pretty good deal if you can get in on a 3-pack with some others from the Steam trading thread.

If you have TF2 and haven't installed it in years it's possible that you've garnered some alienable "genuine" items from owning certain games. They can be sold in the marketplace to confused cretins just like cards and vintage weapons (which you also might have). I didn't know I had them because they weren't visible in the inventory and I didn't get any notices; I had to launch the game to collect them first.

I had like 14 to 16 of 'em and the most valuable was some sort of effeminate Medic accessory worth $1.75. All together I made at least $12.

(Also up to $142 Steam wallet with about $50 bucks invested considering everything.)
Is that just the cost of games, or are you also buying low and selling high like the stock market?
Cost of some of the games, also the cost me of buying something from the Team Fortress 2 store on a few accounts to get premium for my 5 card drops before they fixed that glitch.

New Week Long Deals Available on Steam!

Announcement - Valve
13:00

Save up to 75% on new Week Long Deals on Steam, available now until June 17th at 10AM Pacific time!

OP updated, sorry for the delay. I've been interested in Item Shop's Tale, but it will probably end up bundled for less. Super Hexagon is great, but it has been bundled of course.

OP updated, sorry for the delay. I've been interested in Item Shop's Tale, but it will probably end up bundled for less. Super Hexagon is great, but it has been bundled of course.
Actually, I think a fair number of us didn't BTA on that bundle because it didn't seem worth it. The two pack isn't a bad deal, though looking at the gameplay not sure I want to bite on it.

Eh it's ok.  I feel like Super Hexagon is much better as a tablet game than a PC game (I think I have both versions from some Humble Android bundle of some sort).

Carpe Fulgur have been against bundles ever since they regretted being included in a Steam bundle, so it's actually unlikely it'll be indie bundled..

Does Recettear hit 75% usually?  I can't remember from previous sales.  It's one of those titles I've always had half-interest in but never enough to pull the trigger.

Okay, thanks for the pointers, everybody, but what the heck is a combo? I haven't gotten past the first level because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing in order to get a 3-card combo.
It's just knocking three consecutive cards off the table without using your deck

I want all 3 of those games, but can't help but think they should be $10 together tops.  They're semi-old games that started off at low prices.  On the other hand, there aren't many Japanese style RPGs on Steam, and I do like that style of games.  Hmmmm.

Actually, I think a fair number of us didn't BTA on that bundle because it didn't seem worth it. The two pack isn't a bad deal, though looking at the gameplay not sure I want to bite on it.
But will it have carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds?!?!

Bought Chantilese and Fortune Summoners with some of my card moneys. I guess I should thank Valve and morons everywhere for free money and games.
Same here. Loved Recettear so I'll give these a go. It's worth pointing out that these games were not part of the winter sale last year - they maxed out at 50% off. In fact, this is the cheapest these games have been in well over a year. If you're mildly interested, now is the time to buy!

In regards to the carpe fulgar games. I don't think will get much lower ever, for 2 years I believe this is the cheapest they have priced them. So if you have any interest in them, might as well pick them up now.

Also, I know this isn't the right place to post this but the way the site has been since CAG 3.0 I figure it's better to post this here in the Steam thread. If anyone wants to get in on a Painkiller Hell & Damnation 4-Pack with me please send me a PM, Price is $3.75 per person.

Contemplating Knife of Dunwall DLC.. I really enjoyed Dishonored...
Knife of Dunwall is just as enjoyable as the main campaign. Four lenghty missions, two being new ones and two others revisiting places from the original game. You can't really go wrong with it.

Well now it seems like I should jump on Item Shop. Anyone have anything to say about it before hand? I hate blind buying games, especially indie ones, but it has been interesting me for a while now, and I've got some steam wallet cash from selling cards burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Well now it seems like I should jump on Item Shop. Anyone have anything to say about it before hand? I hate blind buying games, especially indie ones, but it has been interesting me for a while now, and I've got some steam wallet cash from selling cards burning a hole in my pocket ;)
Do you like top down action rpg combat? How about capitalism. If yes to one or both, get it.

Contemplating Knife of Dunwall DLC.. I really enjoyed Dishonored...
Stop contemplating and buy. The DLC has two really good new missions that highlight Dunwall life in ways that the main game didn't and another enjoyable rehash of a main game level.

Also consider the City Trials if you want. There's a huge grab bag of stuff to like if you thought the Dishonored mechanics were fun to play around with.

Do you like top down action rpg combat? How about capitalism. If yes to one or both, get it.
I'm really not much of a RPG player, I just really like offbeat simulation type games. I was under the impression this was something of an item shop sim, with some monster fighting thrown in. Am I completely off on that?

Recettear is the shit.

12840475940841.jpg

I'm really not much of a RPG player, I just really like offbeat simulation type games. I was under the impression this was something of an item shop sim, with some monster fighting thrown in. Am I completely off on that?
It's a game about buying/selling, and you do some combat and crafting to keep your stock up, as well.

For some reason I've always gotten something of a Monster Rancher vibe from it. I think because of the random town events and the tone.

It's fun, though, and I would definitely recommend it at $4.99.

iww_capitolist_justice.jpg

Wow, no one is making an appeal to wait a whole few weeks to see if the Dishonored DLC drops below 50% on the summer sale? (Unless you really want to play it right now.)

download.jpg

Wonderful game.

The dungeon-crawling bits are a bit simplistic, but the charm comes in laying out your shop with all the stuff you loot from mobs or buy from unsuspecting members of the public only to mark it up 300% and sell it back to them. Hell, it's like a Steam Trading Thread simulator.

You will need to play it through a few times to complete it, probably. You're set goals on a weekly basis. If you fail to reach those goals (e.g. 100g profit on week 1, 5000g profit on week 2 etc.) then it's game over. But if I recall correctly you can roll your stock over to the next game to give yourself a headstart. It's a strange system but I've not played anything else like it.

If you're on the fence, this might swing you: linky-woo

p.s. It also spawned a rather ace catchphrase.

Wonderful game.

If you're on the fence, this might swing you: linky-woo

p.s. It also spawned a rather ace catchphrase.
:rofl: I'm already in love with this game before I've even started :bouncy:

No that sounds about right. It's very similar to Chapter 3 in Dragon Quest IV. You play as a girl who inherits a lot of debt and turn your house into an item shop. The majority of the game is finding items (either at the wholesalers or the dungeon) and reselling them for a profit. You have to make a certain amount of money each week to pay off your debt. The dungeons are pretty cool and the combat is fluid and similar to Secret of Mana (for the SNES).

Overall it's a really enjoyable game. Not 100% simulation, but probably 60% simulation, 40% RPG.

^What's your PSU?
650 watt. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207007

Power supply hasn't lasted that whole time though. I've gone through one, maybe two (Pretty sure two) in this time. Power supplies spectacularly popping is my most common computer issue, followed by video cards giving me guff (Had two ATI cards crap out on me in a row before this CPU and then I started using Nvidia. Out of the three Nvidia cards I've owned since the switch (8800GS, 250GS, and 560TI) the 8800GS is still running strong and is in my HTPC, the 250GS technically works but appears to be dying since it has some weird issues, and the 560's running strong) and most recently had my C: drive die hard. Gave me the kick in the ass I needed to buy a SSD though, which has been nice.
Dude. UPS with automatic voltage regulation. Get one. ASAP.

I lost multiple computer parts (video cards, motherboards, hard drives) to dirty power in a duplex I lived in. Got a UPS with AVR, and the problems stopped immediately.

Can anyone put in a good word for Fortune Summoners?

I picked up Chantelise because Fairy Bloom Freesia got me yearning for more simple but satisfying Japanese action/fighting games. (Already had Recettear.)

^What's your PSU?
650 watt. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207007

Power supply hasn't lasted that whole time though. I've gone through one, maybe two (Pretty sure two) in this time. Power supplies spectacularly popping is my most common computer issue, followed by video cards giving me guff (Had two ATI cards crap out on me in a row before this CPU and then I started using Nvidia. Out of the three Nvidia cards I've owned since the switch (8800GS, 250GS, and 560TI) the 8800GS is still running strong and is in my HTPC, the 250GS technically works but appears to be dying since it has some weird issues, and the 560's running strong) and most recently had my C: drive die hard. Gave me the kick in the ass I needed to buy a SSD though, which has been nice.
Dude. UPS with automatic voltage regulation. Get one. ASAP.

I lost multiple computer parts (video cards, motherboards, hard drives) to dirty power in a duplex I lived in. Got a UPS with AVR, and the problems stopped immediately.
I wager that it's a higher chance that dodgy capacitors are the problem... a problem I've had multiple times. Imo, get a high quality PSU (takes research), my Antec re-branded Seasonic PSU has been going strong for over 4 years (and tested/works at 100 Watts over it's 550 Watt rating). Seasonics are good, there are a few others as well.

Can anyone put in a good word for Fortune Summoners?

I picked up Chantelise because Fairy Bloom Freesia got me yearning for more simple but satisfying Japanese action/fighting games. (Already had Recettear.)
I don't think Chantelise lets you select between difficulties.. and by default it's very hard.. so expect to practice most of the levels multiple times before you actually finish them ;)

I don't think Chantelise lets you select between difficulties.. and by default it's very hard.. so expect to practice most of the levels multiple times before you actually finish them ;)
I wouldn't have it any other way :joystick:

I couldn't not pick it up at $2.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back