The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I simultaneously laughing at face-palming and people trying to decide if $5 is a good deal for massive well liked RPGs.  
and still graphically up to par

Buy it

I simultaneously laughing at face-palming and people trying to decide if $5 is a good deal for massive well liked RPGs.
and still graphically up to par
Witcher 1 + 2; FO3: GOTY; and FO:NV Ultimate all should be screaming "Buy me now!" to those who are missing any of those.

All of those are RPG's that are huge time-sinks - and all of those are great.

At 75% off, they're all a bloody STEAL.

Witcher 2 has released a upgrade combat mod from the devs (it's not official but it's by the guys who developed the game so it kinda is). Witcher 2 is a great game, so buying it is not a bad thing.
I might have to look into this, see what exactly it is. I see nothing but praise for Witcher 2, but to be honest I really didn't like the combat. Maybe it was using a controller instead of kb/m, or maybe I just suck (I will never claim to be overly skilled at games) but the combat really felt clunky to me.

FO3 is just as great a game as FNV, because it does something different. FNV is intentionally NOT as post-apocalyptic as FO3. Sure, everything is still generally blown to hell, but nowhere near on the same level as FO3. FNV is a cleaner game regarding writing, game mechanics, features, etc, but it's still pretty much the same game as FO3.

Not only that, but you can pretty much mod FO3 to feel just as current as FNV. If you like one game, you'll like the other.

Also, FNVU is by far the best deal of this entire sale thus far. If you even have an inkling of interest in it, BUY IT. I've put hundreds upon hundreds of hours in FO3 and FNV over the years, both on Xbox 360 and PC.

Remember Me is a $5 game a best. The create your own combos idea was cool, but was hampered by the frustratingly poor combat.
Time better spent playing God Hand?

Fallout 3, NV, Witcher 1 and 2 (2 if you don't want the boxed copy with extras) should be required purchases to anyone who likes RPG's. All are fantastic games.

One day, I'm going to murder a Russian teen with a deck of Hoyle cards over this market fiasco. Maybe you can buy a house there for 300 rubles, but here in the US people would pay at least five times more than that for a used rubber that fell out of Kim Kardashian's mouth.

Is it a lady condom? I'll consider it for the implications.
[customspoiler="What is that you say?"]
mikhail_prokhorov_-_wtf.0_standard_352.0.jpg
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler="REALLY WHAT IS THAT YOU SAY? YOU HAVE BEEN PLANE CRASH BEFORE?"]
Mikhail-Prokhorov-60-minutes.jpg
[/customspoiler]

It is pretty much the polar opposite of noob-friendly.​
photo-15263.png
photo-15263.png

freud_zps265ebdff.jpg
photo-15263.png
photo-15263.png

alright I spoiled most of the OP. Not sure I like how it looks, but at least it's easier to navigate. There is now 10000x more of a chance it will all break, but fingers crossed it will survive the sale ;)

Damn-fine OP. :beer:

I bought the collector's edition of Witcher 2 and the game felt worth the $160 I paid.

Yes, CAG, with over 300+ games on Steam.  $160.  I realized I could buy half of Steam on a good sale day with that amount. 

I love The Witcher.... maybe I'm a bit biased...  :joystick:

I bought the collector's edition of Witcher 2 and the game felt worth the $160 I paid.

Yes, CAG, with over 300+ games on Steam. $160. I realized I could buy half of Steam on a good sale day with that amount.

I love The Witcher.... maybe I'm a bit biased... :joystick:
I spent about the same on the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest.

Then again, it's not like I've opened it.

How the hell do people trade for cards? I get trading for your extra cards, but I never get any of those.
Trading duplicates and trading cards from games we don't want badges for in exchange for ones we do want badges for. Since the market on cards crashed, it's pointless to sell. UnreasonablePenguin created a CAG thread for trading.

P.S. As far as Fallout is concerned, the earlier games are also on sale: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2008/ for only 50% off. I believe Fallout 2's been cheaper before, but not often.
Yes, the Fallout pack has been at least -66% on many other occasions.

Not to have anything against Steam but if you want Witcher 2, you want this version. Yes it's non Steam (DRM Free though) but the bonuses are way worth the price of admission. http://www.amazon.com/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-Kings-Pc/dp/B003VJNPPE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1373833463&sr=8-3&keywords=witcher+2
Besides physical items, I don't notice anything there that isn't on the GOG version. If you buy it on Steam, you can begin installing and right-click in your library for your serial key. Then you can go to GOG and redeem your backup copy there.

The Shogun 2 wallpapers are stunning. Shogun and Bastion's cosmetic teams went hard while most others phoned in the mail:

5817281bc40126b9eb24a99f5b7fffd05143bfac.jpg

b3cfcdf898af72e4c5c772b67e888b6ba5fdb303.jpg

So, I just bought RPG Maker VX Ace, and I'm wondering if I can make it show up in my games library instead of all by itself in the software tab.

Reasons being, 1. I have a utilities category in my games library that I'd like it to go under, and 2. Every time I switch from the games tab to the software tab, ALL of my games categories expand. Since I have 500+ games and an extensive categorization system, this is really annoying.

So yeah, is there any way to make RPG Maker VX Ace show up in my games library instead of my software library? I can add at as a non-Steam game and do it... but then it shows up like I'm playing a non-Steam game, which I don't even think tracks my time and looks like I just threw a pirated copy in my games library...

Any help?

Nothing for me so far today. I already own both Fallouts, Portal 2, Hitman Absolution, Deadlight, and the original Doom 3 + expansion. Nothing else is cheap enough for me to bite on it.

fuck it, I have gotten 6 of the summer sale trading cards so far, and all 6 have been Chivalry Medieval Warfare.

RNG hates me
I'll trade you a Tomb Raider summer sale card for one?

So, I just bought RPG Maker VX Ace, and I'm wondering if I can make it show up in my games library instead of all by itself in the software tab.

Reasons being, 1. I have a utilities category in my games library that I'd like it to go under, and 2. Every time I switch from the games tab to the software tab, ALL of my games categories expand. Since I have 500+ games and an extensive categorization system, this is really annoying.

So yeah, is there any way to make RPG Maker VX Ace show up in my games library instead of my software library? I can add at as a non-Steam game and do it... but then it shows up like I'm playing a non-Steam game, which I don't even think tracks my time and looks like I just threw a pirated copy in my games library...

Any help?
No way to do that as far as I know. Maybe just use the "Installed" tab?

always cracks me up when people recommend the steaming bethesda turd pile called fallout 3

it's not even worth pirating

always cracks me up when people recommend the steaming bethesda turd pile called fallout 3

Well that is it. It is official internet. TripJack has spoken and from now on until the end of time it will be known that Fallout 3 is one of the worst games ever.

Oh man, Fallout 3 is such hot trash, it's like no one ever created mountains of mods for it, investing like 50+ hours into it or won multiple game of the year awards. It's like so totally subjective.

Or some dude just doesn't like it and wants to voice his opinion to be like super internet awesome. 'Cause yah, we're all cool like that.

Those Shogun backgrounds are gorgeous. They are now in my wallpaper lineup...

Tripjack hasn't been around since the last Summer Sale, LOL. He just popped his head in last time to say exactly the same thing.

He's like Christmas. Happens once a year, except he's even more annoying.

it's like no one ever created mountains of mods for it, investing like 50+ hours into it or won multiple game of the year awards.
mods can never fix such a fundamentally broken game, popularity is not an indicator of quality, and you mean the 'multiple game of the year awards' handed out by the professional shills at ign or pc gamer or the like? lol yeah bro those are real meaningful

Happens once a year, except he's even more annoying.
oh no i'm trying to save some of my fellow cheapasses from wasting their money and time, how annoying!

Ya know, what does the bastion background look like? I'll probably buy it when it goes on sale again (kicked myself for buying it 1/2 off during xbox countdown) it'll at least make me feel like I Paid full price for it (I just love that game to death!)

oh shit i don't like fallout 3 i must be a troll

amazing
There's a difference between disliking a game and logging in once a year to simply say "fallout 3 sucks" "it's a terd" "the game of the year awards are a lie".

Trolls that don't even realize they're trolls are the worst kind. That said, if you explained in detail why you believe Fallout 3 is not a good game, and supported your reasoning in a calm and civil manner, instead of the trolling comments, people may actually listen to what you have to say without just laughing at you and writing you off.

Or not, doesn't make a difference to me, I enjoy the show.

I've logged a couple hours into BL2 playing as a Mechro. I'm about to restart the game with a Siren. The Mechro's Deathtrap steals all my kills. I feel like the worthless NPC watching it play through BL2, which isn't very fun. 

mods can never fix such a fundamentally broken game, popularity is not an indicator of quality, and you mean the 'multiple game of the year awards' handed out by the professional shills at ign or pc gamer or the like? lol yeah bro those are real meaningful
Hey, you're completely allowed to voice valid complaints and hell, even dislike it. And you're right, popularity doesn't always mean it's good. However the general populace voice is that Fallout 3, and subsequent New Vegas, are rough around the edge great games. The point of mods is that it's already so loved that people are modding it for even more gameplay, scenarios, weapons and fun. People don't do that level of commitment for truly terribad games unless it's ironic (see Two Worlds...).

So if you actually provide some, I dunno, real insight, you'd might have be like, "Thanks, that's cool. Most people usually love the game despite issues, still falls into Recommend/10." No, instead, see above...

I've logged a couple hours into BL2 playing as a Mechro. I'm about to restart the game with a Siren. The Mechro's Deathtrap steals all my kills. I feel like the worthless NPC watching it play through BL2, which isn't very fun.
Try going down the Ordered Chaos tree with an Anarchy build. That's what I did with my Mechro as I only used DT as a distraction. Yeah, it got a few kills here and there (which is a good thing), but I did the majority of the cleanup myself. Though, I do have to say that as in BL1, thus far the Siren is still my favorite.

I only use him when I get in tight spots or I run into an area I know is just swarming with enemies. Besides that I just run around by myself and focus on my Anarchy stacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back