The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I completely forgot until just yesterday that SMTIV comes in the mail today still won't be back for another 2 or 3 days though oh well. These flash sales seem pretty lacking. Really looking forward to the Quake pack getting a 75% discount.

Thanks, ill be sure to add these when I get up (it's 4:30AM now, WTF am I still awake) ;)
lol I couldn't sleep at all last night, I might as well have stayed up.

Damn, I really wanted to simulate farming.
That game would be depressing for me, farms are all around where I live. I did accidentally voted for it though, steam should ask you "Are you really sure you want to vote for that" message prompt.

I know I've left this a bit late but would anyone care to share an opinion on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC?

Is the Missing Link worth a dollar?

What about the 2 cheaper packs, are they just early unlocks or do they add something new?
Well, I've played through Deus Ex HR with all it's current DLC. The only DLC worth a damn is The Missing Link, it fills a gap that was (intentionally) left out. Won't spoil what part but it does offer you the ability to actually play through the part without killing anyone, for those sneaky players, plus some slight graphical improvements, like the weather.

Again, for those undecided on getting Deus Ex HR in the sale, it has been confirmed that the Wii's Director's Cut Edition is making it's way to the PC. They supposedly fix a bunch of stuff, like the "boss fights", which was made by a different studio (so dumb), graphical improvement, which I assume it on par with The Missing Link. Generally an improved experience.

I'll sell my Xbox copy and pick the Director's Cut when it gets cheap and if they do a good job. I suggest that those who can wait some more to do just that.

For the obvious impaired among us, please show me where in the Steam sale it says I can buy a copy of Sins for $7.50 from DeathDream, cause I've looked and I'm not seeing it.

Please keep group buy requests out of this thread. Keep the discussion to deals.
Gonna toss this here ... I bought a four pack of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. I have two copies for $7.50 each.

In case you don't know who Trakan is, he's one of the mods here and you should probably listen to him before you spend a lot of time harping on your willingness to spam up this thread.

40% Skyrim again, I'm starting to lose hope that I will reach happiness this summer sale...

Why, oh why did you torment me GabeN? And why did Steam have to be the last site to have a sale. I would have bit at $32 on GameFly if I wasn't so certain Steam would reach 50%

Still holding out hope for a 50% daily though.

Never lose hope until all hope is useless

For the obvious impaired among us, please show me where in the Steam sale it says I can buy a copy of Sins for $7.50 from DeathDream, cause I've looked and I'm not seeing it.
Man, he's just trying to help people who want to buy it cheaper than usual price. Let people respond to him, and DeathDream, please just post one comment about it. Also try to participate in the thread in said comment too. We are all friends here :D

Would you support merging this thread and the group buy thread? It's only fair if one person posts in here that everyone else should be able to as well.

Anyway, it's a moot point. I was trying to gently nudge him in the right direction since I thought he might have missed the link in the OP and the mod request to keep them separate, but it turns out he just thinks he's special and wants to double down on being wrong.

Would you support merging this thread and the group buy thread? It's only fair if one person posts in here that everyone else should be able to as well.

Anyway, it's a moot point. I was trying to gently nudge him in the right direction since I thought he might have missed the link in the OP and the mod request to keep them separate, but it turns out he just thinks he's special and wants to double down on being wrong.
I'm just figuring if he at least talks about the deals and doesn't make his post only about his group buy. I don't mind as long as it contributes to the forum.

Here's to hoping mods delete all the threadcrap that just took up an hour of my morning.

Now back to the deals, vote for Tomb Raider in hopes of price mistakes like they had a few days ago. Also, the game is gorgeous and fun to play, and I'm only an hour in. 

Here's to hoping mods delete all the threadcrap that just took up an hour of my morning.

Now back to the deals, vote for Tomb Raider in hopes of price mistakes like they had a few days ago. Also, the game is gorgeous and fun to play, and I'm only an hour in.
I would hope they price mistake again, I decide against it at first, but now I kinda want the new ones, and $.80 is a nice price point \:D/

Go to sleep and miss nothing...

Sale has had some decent deals so far, but lackluster from day to day.

Anyway, if you are trying to fill a group pack do what I do.  Post in the group buy thread, add the info to your signature, and then participate and post in threads as usual.  Never had a problem filling one so far. 

Go to sleep and miss nothing...

Sale has had some decent deals so far, but lackluster from day to day.

Anyway, if you are trying to fill a group pack do what I do. Post in the group buy thread, add the info to your signature, and then participate and post in threads as usual. Never had a problem filling one so far.
I sometimes forget that a large portion of forum viewers don't hide signatures, which would be a perfectly legit place to advertise.

Right, bear with me here as I'm at work and committing most of this from memory. :lol:

I want to talk about the daily "headline" deal, aka The Deal Wot Has Getaway Cardz.

Starting on Day 1, I believe we've had...

July 11 - Tomb Raider
July 12 - Football Manager 2013
July 13 - Chivalry
July 14 - Kerbal Space Program
July 15 - Reus
July 16 - ???
July 17 - ???
July 18 - ???
July 19 - ???
July 20 - ??? (but probably Skyrim*)
July 21 - recap day
July 22 - sales end

* - I'm basing this on the assumption that Valve will save their own flagship title for the busiest day of the week for casual players.

So if we have five days remaining, and five cards remaining... I've forgotten my point. Erm. This is awkward.

Edit : ah yes, that was it. Tonight's deal will be Dead Island Riptide for those who aren't keeping up. Or Prison Architect. Or The Walking Dead. Or Torchlight 2. Or Skyrim. In fact I'll go so far as to put my house on it being one of those titles.

So I played Roller Coaster Tycoon YEARS ago..

How is 3 for $5?

Worth it or no? How does it hold up in today's era of gaming?

Thoughts please : )

Games that I'm still hoping to see discounted further are Lost Planet 2 (hopeful since it hit $5 on Xbox and $6.xx on GMG), Rogue Legacy, Gunpoint, and the Pinball FX tables. Anything else is a maybe impulse buy, plus the last day shopping extravaganza that I always look forward to.

All this Rogue Legacy talk has me hoping, wishing for it at 50% off, because I really want to play it now, while the iron is hot. That being said, with AAA titles dropping to 75% off within months of release (Lara, I'm looking at you... and have been for years), and the fact that RL is on the Humble Store, I can easily justify waiting for the magic 75% or *gasp* a bundle.

I feel as though I am the only one who bought Rogue Legacy at full price haha

I gladly bought it directly from the Devs' page (they provide a Steam key as well as a DRM-Free copy).

It is a small team and they made a game that I genuinely wanted to play more than many AAA titles so I figured I would support them... Plus I knew I would be getting plenty of good deals through Amazon and Steam in the coming month (which I have been hah)

That being said I really do hope it hits almost everyone's 'buy point' because it is buttloads of fun and I have gotten completely lost in playing it saying and "just one more run" far too many times to count haha

Every Steam sale I wait for Sid Meier's Pirates to drop to 75% off but it never does.  The Star Wars Jedi Knight Collection has been on my wishlist for ages as well and will remain there if they can't do better than 33% off.

I feel as though I am the only one who bought Rogue Legacy at full price haha

I gladly bought it directly from the Devs' page (they provide a Steam key as well as a DRM-Free copy).

It is a small team and they made a game that I genuinely wanted to play more than many AAA titles so I figured I would support them... Plus I knew I would be getting plenty of good deals through Amazon and Steam in the coming month (which I have been hah)

That being said I really do hope it hits almost everyone's 'buy point' because it is buttloads of fun and I have gotten completely lost in playing it saying and "just one more run" far too many times to count haha
I never heard of the game until it came out. I would of backed that shit instantly. I love metroidvanias.

Right, bear with me here as I'm at work and committing most of this from memory. :lol:

I want to talk about the daily "headline" deal, aka The Deal Wot Has Getaway Cardz.

Starting on Day 1, I believe we've had...

July 11 - Tomb Raider
July 12 - Football Manager 2013
July 13 - Chivalry
July 14 - Kerbal Space Program
July 15 - Reus
July 16 - ???
July 17 - ???
July 18 - ???
July 19 - ???
July 20 - ??? (but probably Skyrim*)
July 21 - recap day
July 22 - sales end

* - I'm basing this on the assumption that Valve will save their own flagship title for the busiest day of the week for casual players.

So if we have five days remaining, and five cards remaining... I've forgotten my point. Erm. This is awkward.

Edit : ah yes, that was it. Tonight's deal will be Dead Island Riptide for those who aren't keeping up. Or Prison Architect. Or The Walking Dead. Or Torchlight 2. Or Skyrim. In fact I'll go so far as to put my house on it being one of those titles.
Awesome, I've been waiting for the chance to move my fiance and I out of this apartment! :bouncy:

I was shocked when Monaco lost the voters choice. I'm looking forward to that game as well.
I honestly think nearly everyone was. I don't think it's gotten enough press for people to know it like they know NS. Granted, I voted for NS2 because I had already plopped down on the Humble 4-pack of Monaco, but my change in vote wouldn't have made a shred of difference: NS2 won by a landslide.

As far as sale hopes, I'm really looking for Skyrim DLC, DmC DLC, FF7, Jade Empire (haha, as if...), Mafia II DLC, another shot at System Shock 2, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, and Resident Evil Revelations. Oh, and Payday... or at least the DLC.

I'm assuming my desire to get the entire Call of Duty franchise, Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six games, and Assassins Creed Rev & 3 Deluxe at a reasonable discount will continue to gather cobwebs in my wishlist.

Hoping this doesn't get buried before someone can answer. When I've gotten all my card drops that I've earned and it says I'm eligible for booster packs, do I simply just need to be logged into Steam to have a chance at getting them or do I still have to keep playing whatever game?

Hoping this doesn't get buried before someone can answer. When I've gotten all my card drops that I've earned and it says I'm eligible for booster packs, do I simply just need to be logged into Steam to have a chance at getting them or do I still have to keep playing whatever game?
You just need to log in once a week. I've been getting boosters for games I haven't touched since I earned all its cards (e.g. just got Psychonauts booster and haven't played that since it became card eligible).

Log in once a day. As more people craft the badges for a specific game, there are chances that a booster will drop. Be aware though, the chances are very low

As you can see, there are various theories (facts?) being thrown around. I've heard log in once a day, once a week, and/or based on the Steam community crafting badges increasing the likelihood of them popping up. All I know for certain is that I was crafting badges yesterday (might as well with the prices being what they are) and I got a Don't Starve booster pack mere seconds after I crafted a Don't Starve badge (and, of course, the one card I was waiting to drop in price for and finally just gave in was one of the cards unpacked from it).

Damn, I really wanted to simulate farming.

Cards.

In case you don't know who Trakan is, he's one of the mods here and you should probably listen to him

:rofl:

I'm pretty sure genocidal is a human salt-deposit.

At this point I'm not sure if I should add him to my ignore-list or find a deal on a miner's pick and get to work.

Obviously you ALSO missed what the mod has told us.

:rofl:

Multiple people have answered it but this is directly from Steam's own Trading Card FAQ

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
  • Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.

You need to stand in a bowl of custard with a flag in each hand and semaphore the lyrics to Macarena. In Swahili.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back