The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Re. Skyrim

I don't doubt for a minute that it is worth every penny of the $36 price tag, and even more.

BUT... excluding retail purchases before I knew Steam existed (and retail purchases of WoW before I quit) that would make it the single most expensive computer game purchase I ever made. The closest I ever came was the Star Wars Complete Pack at $30 and that included 13 games.

However, my boss did tell us today that because of the nice weather he wants us to leave at noon every Friday from now until Labor Day, so, if Skyrim is a daily between now and Friday I may still consider it at $36, just to fully enjoy my 2+1/2 day weekend. It'll sting spending that much money (and I've already spent $39 of my $41 TCG earnings this sale, so I can't even make it look like I'm not spending money on it)

where driver san francisico and parellel line go on sale. got my 3 missing acm dlc. no shut up it worth the preorder mroe than buy bfbc pack on my first summer sale 2 years ago. bf bc was not my game. i want DRiver SF Deluxe 75% off cmon valve give me what i want 

and ardid it ea for u

Really surprised by the DA:O UE price considering it's been $7.49 on Steam in the past and as low as $5.99 at GamersGate.
And it doesn't even have cards to offset the pricing.

Really, what's up with all the 40% and 70% sales? I'm so used to it being a clear cut 33%, 50%, 66%, 75%, and then the rare 80-90%

Really surprised by the DA:O UE price considering it's been $7.49 on Steam in the past and as low as $5.99 at GamersGate.
It's because of QE2 (the devaluation of the US Dollar)... the price is as good as before, US Dollars aren't as good as before, for the same real price, it costs more US Dollars.

Well, I'm officially fed up with this trading card garbage. Just voted for the 15th time for Community's Choice and what did I get? My 4th Football Manager card to go with the ones I got buying games, etc. I've only got 5 of the 10 Summer Sale cards (including the 4 FBMgr ones) and no drops are pending for any of my other games, yet I have no complete sets. All this talk of crafting badges and booster packs and getting foils sounds like fairy tales. ARGH!!!!

/rant
There's a reason why they're called trading cards. It'll take a little bit of effort on your part but it's pretty easy to get the cards you want to complete your badges. There are plenty of people looking for summer sale cards. If you don't want to do that, you could sell your duplicates and buy the cards you want.

where driver san francisico and parellel line go on sale. got my 3 missing acm dlc. no shut up it worth the preorder mroe than buy bfbc pack on my first summer sale 2 years ago. bf bc was not my game. i want DRiver SF Deluxe 75% off cmon valve give me what i want

and ardid it ea for u
Get to the hospital, man! You're having a stroke!

There's a reason why they're called trading cards. It'll take a little bit of effort on your part but it's pretty easy to get the cards you want to complete your badges. There are plenty of people looking for summer sale cards. If you don't want to do that, you could sell your duplicates and buy the cards you want.
To the extent that when you click into your card collection status page, it tells you which of your friends have which cards for that game.

IIRC there's now a card-trading thread on CAG.

How many community votes are we up to? I just hit 17, but people are talking about getting a card so I think I missed one.
I thought that was the 15th vote.. I should've gotten a card too, but haven't yet. I think I got screwed out of one, unless it's lagged and shows up in my inventory later.

How many community votes are we up to? I just hit 17, but people are talking about getting a card so I think I missed one.
17 is right. People getting a card now did 1 of 2 things:

They missed two so this was their 15th

They managed to get in on a glitch where the lag allowed them to vote twice (usually using mobile and desktop to vote at the same time)

I always remember the sale started at noon CST, and votes are every 8 hours, so I will always get a card when voting on the 4AM-Noon CST community vote

Nah, I use it all the time because I have too many overlapping categories and can't remember which game is in what.

I mean if I beat an indie game and then uninstalled it the game could very well be either in the Indie, Completed, or Uninstalled categories I made. One of these days I am going to make categories that actually make sense.
That's why I don't have completed or uninstalled categories, I just have the various genres and sub genres, and a "zzz mac/junk" category for stuff I don't wanna see.

Plus... there's an "Installed" tab on the top instead of "All games". Not sure what point there is to an uninstalled category in that case.

I thought that was the 15th vote.. I should've gotten a card too, but haven't yet. I think I got screwed out of one, unless it's lagged and shows up in my inventory later.
they are all listed in the OP, but you are correct in that we are up to 17 :)

I found the Steam Trading Card thread here and put up and H/W list. Thanks.

And it doesn't even have cards to offset the pricing.

Really, what's up with all the 40% and 70% sales? I'm so used to it being a clear cut 33%, 50%, 66%, 75%, and then the rare 80-90%
40% for the new(er) titles isn't unheard of, I think they were fairly common during the Christmas sale... but I don't remember seeing them much in the sales prior.

70% is just EA being cheap expensive EA.

No, no, spoder. We had this conversation yesterday... and you were only one vote out then.

TSW has been talked about a lot on CAG, and I've skimmed over most of it. Before I buy it all I need to know is can I play it single player? All I can recall is something about Dungeons being impossible to solo. I find playing with other people frustrating, so if I need to partner up I'm passing. I have too many expectations to meet in real life, I don't need that shit in my gaming.

Also, Ashe you posted a link in some thread I can't find to a TSW forum. Would you be so kind as to relink it.

TSW has been talked about a lot on CAG, and I've skimmed over most of it. Before I buy it all I need to know is can I play it single player? All I can recall is something about Dungeons being impossible to solo. I find playing with other people frustrating, so if I need to partner up I'm passing. I have too many expectations to meet in real life, I don't need that shit in my gaming.

Also, Ashe you posted a link in some thread I can't find to a TSW forum. Would you be so kind as to relink it.
You can solo, but not dungeons. Honestly the grouping and the community isn't bad. Especially just in normal dungeons but to each his own.

You can solo, but not dungeons. Honestly the grouping and the community isn't bad. Especially just in normal dungeons but to each his own.
Thank you for the response.

Is the game worth playing solo if you don't do dungeons?

I wouldn't be completely adverse to doing dungeons with people, but my skills at gaming can be sub par, and pissing others off because I suck doesn't sound like a good time for anyone involved.

Sure thing! ^_^ Apart from what weapons have synergy, I'd suggest playing a bit before trying to digest the rest of it.

General TSW Info...

I finally ran across decent TSW info, so I thought I'd share.

Online Build Scratchpad
http://www.tsw-builder.com/

Yokai's TSW FAQ
Menu at the top also includes links to info on builds, talismans, etc

Sarcan's Weapon Synergy Guide, Crafting Guide, etc

Other build guide
http://wordpress.tsw...tsw-build-page/
I doubt that it'll drop much, if anything. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the 4 pack was pulled before the price dropped.

Regardless, 4-pack or no buy imo.
^_^ that wasn't a serious question

I've only run the first dungeon, at level, with some random (and nice) group from general chat and did fine. That said I had glanced at a guide before... and well my basic WoW skills (stay out of the bad stuff, terrain-based kiting, common boss mechanics)... let me to solo the final boss in polaris for half the fight (as dps) on my first time (I didn't realize the rest of the party wiped, since the rezzed and had full health bars.)

Imo worth glancing at a guide ahead of time. That said, the dungeon is entirely skippable. I got a bit of XP and two blue weaps from my run. (and completed that quest).

I wouldn't be completely adverse to doing dungeons with people, but my skills at gaming can be sub par, and pissing others off because I suck doesn't sound like a good time for anyone involved.
I'm only in the second zone (Savage Coast), the first zone (Kingsmouth) was huge. Totally worth it even skipping dungeons imo. The world and dialog and exploration is totally worth it imo. Also it seems that almost all quests are repeatable the next day, so you can choose to overlevel a bit if you desire.

I'm not big into playing MMOs solo, but there is a good bit of content to solo if you want.

You don't need to do dungeons at all if you don't want, but don't be afraid to group with people. The community is honestly pretty friendly and helpful.

Ashe delivers.

Ill read up on it. Solo it for a bit to get my skills up to par then see if I can run with vets.

When I first saw the trailer for TSW before release I was really excited to play it then completely bummed that it was an MMO. 

Do you get anything for voting in every community vote
photo-29209.png

I would call the dungeons completely optional. Others wouldn't, but I've pretty much done each of them once or twice and moved on, and even that wasn't totally necessary.

They're still a fun part of the game though.

If you're into the story (getting immersed), exploring, or character progression (getting the ability wheel complete and trying out different weapon sets) it can be fun even soloing, and can give quite a challenge at it. Much later in the game it does get difficult to solo, but not entirely impossible aside from content meant for grouping. I didn't do any dungeons until much later in the game, and I consider myself a beginner at pc gaming but I've met a few friends there along the way to help get across- there's also the TSWCAG group...definitely in need of more active members besides a handful of us (not enough for a full party) but we try to help out each other when we can lol.

Plus... there's an "Installed" tab on the top instead of "All games". Not sure what point there is to an uninstalled category in that case.
I can view the installed and uninstalled without having to change pages. All I have to do is simply open or close a category which is ultimately quicker*. Eventually I will replace all my categories because they are quite old and simply horrid right now.

* Just ignore the time it takes setting up the categories.

If Forge wins the vote, I still have my 75% off coupon that should stack. I don't need it, so someone can take it off my hands if they want.

Gone

Was there some glitch with Castle Crashers yesterday? People getting extra copies for free when they ordered, or something like that?

Whoa whoa WHOA!!!!! WT fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck did this Pressurizer application which is supposed to allow categorization of your games do to my setup?!?!? Not only did it NOT save the categories, suddenly several games I was playing are no longer showing as installed!!!! I was going to play some Borderlands 2 and it's not there. Neither is Torchlight II, System Shock 2, and The Walking Dead!!! Lovely!! I get to burn a few hours and a ton of bandwidth redownloading my damn games! This better not bork up my settings are game saves!!!! fuck!!!!!

EDIT: As an extra bonus, I'm getting a paltry ~75 KB/s download speed instead of the usual 2.5+ MB/s I usually get, so I guess I'm not going to be playing all the games Pressurizer destroyed tonight. I left a comment on the wiki. Man, I wish I'd never heard of that stupid program. What garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back