The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
My haul this summer:

Dust ($7.49)

Surgeon Simulator + Anitchamber ($10.18)

Tomb Raider: Underworld ($0.80)
System Shock 2 ($2.49)

Deadlight ($3.74)

Dishonored ($10.19)

Risen 2 + Sang Froid ($10.08)

SS Zero Bundle ($5.99)

Tomb Raider + Civ V Denmark ($14.35)

$65.31 total, minus probably $5 worth of cards sold.  Not a bad haul for the cost of ONE new console game. 

My haul this summer:

Dust ($7.49)

Surgeon Simulator + Anitchamber ($10.18)

Tomb Raider: Underworld ($0.80)
System Shock 2 ($2.49)

Deadlight ($3.74)

Dishonored ($10.19)

Risen 2 + Sang Froid ($10.08)

SS Zero Bundle ($5.99)

Tomb Raider + Civ V Denmark ($14.35)

$65.31 total, minus probably $5 worth of cards sold. Not a bad haul for the cost of ONE new console game.
lol I spent much more. Scared myself, but I figure it's so damn cheap and they are games I actually want to play. That calmed me down a lot.

Depending on the nephew's age, I'm not sure Hotline Miami (or Tomb Raider 2013, for that matter) would be appropriate.
I second this, as I myself became pretty disgusted and had to quit after only 2-3 chapters. Don't get me wrong I completely see what people like about it, and it is definitely an incredibly well crafted game, but not one that I could personally recommend :/

I suggest grabbing both of the Bionic Commandos. It's capcom, who knows when they'll be this cheap again..

I've played through Mutant Blobs Attack and enjoyed it on Vita, definitely worth the $2. I'd also suggest grabbing Fly'n, pretty high quality indie game.. although those 2 games might get bundled eventually.
Thanks for the suggestions. That's kind of what I'm leaning towards.

Man, now that the sale is coming to a close people are starting to buy getaway cards by the dozen. I got an extra for crafting the badge, but I think I'm gonna hold onto it for a day or two to see if this trend continues...probably going to regret it of course lol

Depending on the nephew's age, I'm not sure Hotline Miami (or Tomb Raider 2013, for that matter) would be appropriate.
Oh no worries, hes just a few years younger than me and I'm 26. Actually one of the most mature and kind natured people you would ever meet. When he's not working his balls off, he enjoys gaming, especially with family. Thanks for the concern though.

Man, now that the sale is coming to a close people are starting to buy getaway cards by the dozen. I got an extra for crafting the badge, but I think I'm gonna hold onto it for a day or two to see if this trend continues...probably going to regret it of course lol
Maybe, but every time deals switch over (particularly in the afternoon), the market servers get overloaded and cards lag in posting. That artificially drives up prices.

Trying to find really fun games that are $5 or below, you know anything that carries a a lot of value. Reason being is I'm trying to pick up a few games for my nephew. His birthday is next month.

Right now I've got this in my cart for him. I figure these games he would really like:

Supreme Commander 2 (Big strategy game fan)

Tomb Raider (He likes to make or play as female leads)

Civ V Gold Edition (He loves Revolution)

X3: Terran Conflict

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (Liked Fallout 3, so this is a no-brainer)

Again, if you guys see or recommend something below/around $5 please tell me and say why. Thanks in advanced, this thread is moving quite fast.
I would check this out: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1i9w3w/steam_summer_sale_2013_deepest_discounts_redux/

Maybe, but every time deals switch over (particularly in the afternoon), the market servers get overloaded and cards lag in posting. That artificially drives up prices.
I thought it was actually doing the opposite, market lags so people can't buy anything, so people start undercutting until they aren't worth anything. Or am I imagining this?

I thought it was actually doing the opposite, market lags so people can't buy anything, so people start undercutting until they aren't worth anything. Or am I imagining this?
Right now, cards you post on the market sit in a queue until the servers get to them, and then they actually appear on the item page. The lag can be 5 minutes to an hour or so, it seems. Buying doesn't seem to be affected.

Trying to find really fun games that are $5 or below, you know anything that carries a a lot of value. Reason being is I'm trying to pick up a few games for my nephew. His birthday is next month.

Right now I've got this in my cart for him. I figure these games he would really like:

Tomb Raider (He likes to make or play as female leads)
Civ V Gold Edition (He loves Revolution)
X3: Terran Conflict
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (Liked Fallout 3, so this is a no-brainer)

Again, if you guys see or recommend something below/around $5 please tell me and say why. Thanks in advanced, this thread is moving quite fast.
If your grabbing X3:TC be sure to grab X3 Albion Prelude too.

Important note for X3 series:

-There is a bit steep learning curve.
-This is a game where you will read the manual and watch a couple of lets play videos in order to learn the mechanics of the game.
-This is a sandbox space-sim. You can do almost everything you want. You can even spend 100 of hours without firing your weapon(mostly do trading and building an empire)
-Game is slow at first as you accumulate money through quest, buy and sell, mining, salvaging etc.
-The X-universe doesn't revolve around you. ex: wars will be fought and win/lose for each faction even if you didn't participate.
-Once you understand the game, be sure to have a clock nearby. So that you will not lose sleep, dinner and other important things in real life.

And for modding: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewforum.php?f=94

just got a Faerie Solitaire booster pack. I feel like I should just sell it, but the thought of getting a foil is tempting. Has anyone here EVER gotten a foil from a booster pack?

Oooo, thank for the link.

If your grabbing X3:TC be sure to grab X3 Albion Prelude too.

Important note for X3 series:

-There is a bit steep learning curve.
-This is a game where you will read the manual and watch a couple of lets play videos in order to learn the mechanics of the game.
-This is a sandbox space-sim. You can do almost everything you want. You can even spend 100 of hours without firing your weapon(mostly do trading and building an empire)
-Game is slow at first as you accumulate money through quest, buy and sell, mining, salvaging etc.
-The X-universe doesn't revolve around you. ex: wars will be fought and win/lose for each faction even if you didn't participate.
-Once you understand the game, be sure to have a clock nearby. So that you will not lose sleep, dinner and other important things in real life.

And for modding: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewforum.php?f=94
Why should I get X3 Albion Prelude too?

Kids love appropriate, like Mortal Kombat in the 90s.
So that makes it appropriate for an uncle/aunt to give him a blood-spattered gorefest? There are so many good games out now that aren't ultra-violent, that would be more appropriate. E.g. Portal/2, Thomas Was Alone, Psychonauts, Braid, etc.

So only through the tutorial haul of Euro Truck Simulator 2, but I have to agree with everyone else it's pretty awesome.  The vast array of radio streams alone is enough for me to recommend it, you can drive across Europe with just about any music you could desire.  Also now I really want a wheel and pedal setup.  No matter how good Forza or Gran Turismo are, they are at their core video games and will always feel just as comfortable to me on a normal controller.  This game, however, seems to deserve that extra bit of effort and realism.  I have learned that trucking was definitely not a missed vocational calling in life, took me a good 20-25 minutes to back the trailer up to unload it in the tutorial, super satisfying though.

just got a Faerie Solitaire booster pack. I feel like I should just sell it, but the thought of getting a foil is tempting. Has anyone here EVER gotten a foil from a booster pack?
I believe you can get foils from boosters (I haven't opened any, personally), and the chances are the same as any other card drop (e.g. 1-2% per card).

So that makes it appropriate for an uncle/aunt to give him a blood-spattered gorefest? There are so many good games out now that aren't ultra-violent, that would be more appropriate. E.g. Portal/2, Thomas Was Alone, Psychonauts, Braid, etc.
not that I disagree, but for the record he is apparently 23-24, so not exactly inappropriate.

I saw you mention you play mostly on PS3.

Dualshock 3 + BetterDS3 = Ashes's preferred PC controller ^_^
I do, that's why I really just need point n click type games for the PC. Things that don't work for the :ps3:

I mean, Toki Tori looks like fun and it's under a buck. But.... Keyboard controls.

In America:

Violence & Gore is OK.

Consensual sex is taboo.

photo-thumb-159845.png
photo-29209.png
photo-29209.png
photo-29209.png
photo-thumb-142018.png
photo-thumb-200695.jpg
photo-thumb-165878.png
Olengie_zpsfc2e42fe.jpg
Reminds me of the $100,000 pyramid

519T4YEWKHL.jpg

I opened my first two booster packs last night when both of my accounts got Gratuitous Space Battles boosters. The individual cards were priced as such that even if I got 3 of the cheapest, it would amount to more than the booster. So it was a no-brainier.

No foils. :(

Seeing as how I won't be buying anything on Steam until the Winter sale, and I have $15 in my Steam wallet, I'm considering putting all of it into Summer Getaway cards (maybe foils?), and then reselling them around the Winter sale.

Just saw someone on my friends list buy Nation Red, which I remember a few people were wanting in the Groupees thread. It's currently -80% @ $1.99, so if you were interested this seems the time to bite ^_^
A great game!!

This would push your price over $5, but I highly recommend the DLC for that game. It adds a ton of sorely needed units and maps, taking it from a decent to a very good game. I'm like most - I like the original SupCom better, but the DLC made SupCom 2 a game that stays on my HDD.

Have at least 2 copies of Monaco to sell for ~$5.60 each. 

Looking for Torchlight 2 and Chivalry Steam summer sale cards (last 2 I need). Have a Football Manager 2013 summer sale card and a Wendy card from Don't Starve for swaps.

or did I completely misread the intention of this multi-hundred page thread?

langdon_alger on Steam if you're interested.

Bought Bionic Commando. It can't be that horrible for $2.50, lol.

Honestly for $2.50 I really want to see it for myself.

I liked the new Bionic Commando. I feel like it was one of those games that thanks to brand identity, was maligned for not being what people wanted, instead of for being bad.

I think the biggest problem was probably that people wanted an open world swing-a-thon, but instead you get these linear paths, and if you stray to explore you get killed by invisible walls of death under the pretense of radiation. Also, the game doesn't remember anything you have done after the previous checkpoint, so you have to get challenges and bonus pickups again when you die.

The story was also terrible. Unfortunately it is so terrible that it bypasses "so terrible it's good" and just becomes "so terrible it's terrible". Worth a laugh though.

I enjoyed the mobility that the arm allows for in combat. I've never played any of the Spider Man games, and Just Cause 2 isn't really a swinging game, so it wasn't the same either.

P.S. It's true Rearmed is better though.

Kinda sad I didn't get a copy of euro truck simulator 2 but oh well. Hoping that conquistador will come back around via flash sale before the end.

I've got a question for people who have bought Steam keys from Nuuvem before (most recently, the big discount on NBA 2K13). Is there any risk with getting your Steam account banned for activating keys from another country? I did some brief research on it, and saw people talking about Russian keys and VPN tricks being huge red flags. But I was wondering if just purchasing keys "not meant" for the US could cause problems. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this or has had previous Nuuvem keys on their account for awhile.

Ok, I decided to get rid of these extra copies of Gal Civ Ultimate pack that I THOUGHT I was buying to play multiplayer with friends.

To make it easy, I simply want to trade them for other games that are around the same price.

So, I have 4 copies of Gal Civ Ultimate to trade. I want Steam gifts/Steam codes for any of the following games currently on sale:

Dyad $3.74

System Shock 2 (was $2.50; currently $4.99)

Kane & Lynch 2 $3.37

I've not seen anyone mention getting a foil from a booster pack and I've only opened one of the 4 I've received, no foil.

Guess you don't keep up on this thread much. [Edit: I take that back, you even replied to my original post. Derp.] There have been about half a dozen posts about it. I received one foil from a SSI booster pack, but don't take my word for it: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/308853-the-steam-deals-cards-thread-v8-summer-sale-encore-day-dragons-lair-499-the-cave-509-dead-island-499-gta-vice-city-249/page-433#entry10915027 (goes on for a few pages)

From the Official Steam Trading Cards FAQ:

How can I get a booster pack?

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:
  • Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
  • Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
  • Etc.
Granted, the chances are very slim, but they're there.

I liked the new Bionic Commando. I feel like it was one of those games that thanks to brand identity, was maligned for not being what people wanted, instead of for being bad.

I think the biggest problem was probably that people wanted an open world swing-a-thon, but instead you get these linear paths, and if you stray to explore you get killed by invisible walls of death under the pretense of radiation. Also, the game doesn't remember anything you have done after the previous checkpoint, so you have to get challenges and bonus pickups again when you die.

The story was also terrible. Unfortunately it is so terrible that it bypasses "so terrible it's good" and just becomes "so terrible it's terrible". Worth a laugh though.

I enjoyed the mobility that the arm allows for in combat. I've never played any of the Spider Man games, and Just Cause 2 isn't really a swinging game, so it wasn't the same either.

P.S. It's true Rearmed is better though.
Thanks for that! Yeah, the thing that I expect will piss me off is the radiation wall mechanic.

You crafty bastards. Didn't realize Trials Evolution required uPlay.

Now I have to wait for fucking uPlay to update.
Please report back on your experience. I couldn't get myself to bite on that. I've also read of unfixed port-bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back