The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
At least the summer badge makes it easy to see how much you've spent:

You have spent approximately $183.39 USD in the store since the sale began.

($80.16 in personal purchases, $103.23 extra from 4packs)

Looks like I'm pretty much done for this sale. I'm still considering Sonic Generations even though I have the 360 version. I wanted to check out some of the mods.

Bought for myself
Audiosurf
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Batman: Arkham City GOTY
Castle Crashers blacksmith and pink knight characters
Cities in Motion 2
Deadlight
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Inversion
Just Cause
Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle
Sim City 4 Deluxe
Surgeon Simulator 2013
System Shock 2
Tropico 4

Gifted to me
Poker Night 2
Portal 2

Gifted to friends
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Cities in Motion 2
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Tropico 4

There are a handful of indie games that are tempting, but I'll hold off for them to be bundled.

I will not complain about the steam sale sucking, because we were aware that it would. The big disappointment was Amazon. Atleast Steam has price glitches during their summer sale. Even though a quarter handed to a panhandler is better served than buying JC1.

It was odd that most of Amazons sale prices were worse than previous prices. I expect that crap from Steam not Amazon.
Also sad that the Swedes didnt have any major f'ups. They must of canned the person responsible for our happy holidays.

I am thankful for GMG having a good deal on BL2+SP. I did pick up a few other games that should look great in my BL. While there were a lot of games that didn't hit the magical price range and too many repeat deals I was still able to pick up some cheap loot.

As far as Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion do I need to play the other games to know what the hell is going on with the story? Might pick it up, still debating.

Has anyone played Under The Ocean. It looks like one of the few on the hidden "gems" list that looked someone what original/different. Demolition, Inc. looks interesting, but it's really just chain reaction puzzler from what I saw.
Funny that you mention that, I have enough card money left to pick that up and I don't own any steam games that begin with a U yet... sadly yes that has been bothering me and is my primary reason for picking this up.

Is this game like Shipping Wars TV show or something?

I have not watch that show before, but a quick reading of their site the 2 are sort of similar... mostly without the dramatics.

Premise of the game is to start taking jobs, pick ones that are convenient etc and earn you the most money. With that, you start to build your company, hiring other drivers to take jobs of their own and manage the company/drivers/trucks along with taking scenic jobs yourself. You also get to customize your truck and there are mods available.

There is no multi player, but apparently multiplayer is in the work...

Currently, there is no competition as I would assume to be in the show. You just do this at your leisure. I would guess that there lack the thrill of landing a lucrative job over competition that would finally allow you to pay your daughter's college education or something typical in a show... but the premise should be the same. Life as a driver trying taking crappy jobs until they can afford their own truck, start their business and roll in money.

Bought:

Tropico 4 Collector's Edition (Although now that I see that there's more DLC for this game coming out, I slightly regret this purchase)

BIT.TRIP Runner2 + DLC + Soundtrack

Trials Evolution

CS: GO

Was gifted:

Torchlight 2

Worms Revolution

Gifted to others:

Trails Evolution

Is this game like Shipping Wars TV show or something?
I don't know what that is, but ETS2 is like a combo of driving sim and trucking manager sim mashed up.

Edit: I also noticed that while actually playing ETS2 my card drops came a little quicker...maybe. In 1.2 hours I got all 4 drops, maybe quicker since they were all there when I exited. The cards I was idling earlier in the day were the usual 30 minutes every drop. I also got 6 drops in Organ Trail within 2.2 hours, again faster than the usual 30 minute drops.

As far as Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion do I need to play the other games to know what the hell is going on with the story? Might pick it up, still debating.
As far as I know, there is no real story in Sins of a Solar Empire. So you're not missing anything by not playing the previous versions, in fact this is basically a culmination of all the previous games.

I have not watch that show before, but a quick reading of their site the 2 are sort of similar... mostly without the dramatics.

Premise of the game is to start taking jobs, pick ones that are convenient etc and earn you the most money. With that, you start to build your company, hiring other drivers to take jobs of their own and manage the company/drivers/trucks along with taking scenic jobs yourself. You also get to customize your truck and there are mods available.
Woah, this is serious shit. I need to buy this winter sale, lol. I tried 18 Wheels of Steel ALH which was horrible, and Rig and Roll which is too arcady/too much story. Yes it has a story. This sounds right up my alley.

This is probably my favorite part of the sale...searching http://steamdb.info/sales/ for hidden gems on the last night. So far, I've got in my cart for after the final flash sale:

Bard's Tale

McPixel

Super House of Dead Ninjas

I've only spent $53.70 during the sale and I don't feel like that's enough. :D Need to find more games!

Woah, this is serious shit. I need to buy this winter sale, lol. I tried 18 Wheels of Steel ALH which was horrible, and Rig and Roll which is too arcady/too much story. Yes it has a story. This sounds right up my alley.
This game is definitely fun. Get it during next sale for sure!

I never thought I would get/like this game and I've never tried a truck sim etc. but when it went on sale I was so bored I started to read some forum and watched some vid and that was that.

Here is a pic of me stuck in traffic... some idiot held up like 20 cars just cuz she (!) couldn't make a left with incoming traffic...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162496555

I wonder if the summer sale cards will be worth much after the sale ends. Theoretically they should go up in value but this is the first time we're really seeing limited quantity cards entering this environment.

I wonder if the summer sale cards will be worth much after the sale ends. Theoretically they should go up in value but this is the first time we're really seeing limited quantity cards entering this environment.
Fox and I discussed that a few pages pack. Question all assumptions, why should they theoretically go up?

Some people seem to think so and have been stock piling them. I'm sure it'll go up somewhat. Especially when there won't be much else to do with them other than crafting so there may be an influx of users buying. Albeit, there may be a ton who don't care for the cards and try to undercut their value on the market. Time will tell.

So far out of this whole sale, I've gotten

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Dust: An Elysian Tale

Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

Reus

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves

Sword of the Stars: The Pit

And I think that's it. If I've missed anything cool, tell me and I'll put it under consideration. The deep kind at that

Currently considering:

Kerbal Space Program

Prison Architect

Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack

StarForge

Damn shame that War for the Overworld wasn't on sale as I would've snagged it in a heartbeat.

My guess is the summer sale cards will likely go up in price tomorrow, but then when people realize they're not selling, they'll start to plummet as people try to frantically offload them. Then they'll eventually stabilize in a week or maybe longer.

heres my stuff that i bought-

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger- $11

DeadPool- $23

Rogue Legacy- $12

Organ Trail- $1.27

Just Cause 1-$0.27

Super House of Dead Ninjas- $2.50

Fist Puncher- $6

Tomb Raider(2013)- $12.50

Black Ops 2- $30

Runner 2+ good friends dlc- $10

Dead Island: Riptide- $20

Euro Truck Sim 2- $5

Fallout New Vegas: UE- $5

Gunpoint- $9

Infestation: Survivor Stories(aka War Z)- $3.75

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing- $7.50

Metro: Last Light- $19

Orcs Must Die 2- $3.75

The Secret World- $15

R.I.P.D- $8

Star Trek- $7.50

Strike Suit Zero- $3

Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe- $3

Surgeon Simulator 2013- $3

The Swapper- $7.50

Toki Tori 2+- $9

System Shock 2- $2.50

Zeno Clash 2- $7.50

Bioshock Infinite Season Pass- $14(on gmg)

Metro: LL Season Pass- $12(on gmg)

Dishonored: Knife in Dunwall dlc- $6

Gifted to me:

Bleed

Grand Total= $279.54

I need help ;(

My guess is the summer sale cards will likely go up in price tomorrow, but then when people realize they're not selling, they'll start to plummet as people try to frantically offload them. Then they'll eventually stabilize in a week or maybe longer.
Why would anyone that waited until the end of the sale would begin "frantically offloading" anything?

Also with over 40k cards of each i doubt the price will rise more than a few cents, the fact that it'll present a steady rise is probably more accurate, although it'll be a rather slow one.

Anyone bought The Maw DLCs? Are they good?
Sitting in my cart. There's youtube Let's Plays if you're unsure. Convinced me well enough. Read a review, seemed like more inventive levels than the main game itself IMO.

And on the card note, I finished up to make 6 sets (will have an extra card after voting later). If worst comes to worst, I can sell it for slightly more value down the line or have a level 5 badge with an extra set to do some trading with for a card set I want (like Bastion). But I wouldn't spend 20 dollars like one of my friends is doing. That's cray.

Hotline Miami
Antichamber
Monaco
Worms Revolution
Anodyne
Fireburst
Commandos 2

$27.43 and after the steam gift card I got and those trading cards got me some extra credit I only paid like a buck out of pocket. Combined with getting Joe Danger 1 and 2 for free and Metro Last Light for $0.01 thanks to Best Buy's site goofing up hard and I'd say I survived the steam sale pretty well.

I agree with the general sentiment that the Amazon sale sucked more. In fact, I'd say YTD Steam has Amazon beat in overall deals since the best Amazon ones tend to sell out.

I still want to get some games in the next few months: Don't Starve, Sang Froid, Incredipede, I Am Alive
I have enough steam wallet to cover those so I hope Steam doesn't make me wait until winter. I know they trolled us with Jade Empire last year. Wonder what it will be.

Why would anyone that waited until the end of the sale would begin "frantically offloading" anything?

Also with over 40k cards of each i doubt the price will rise more than a few cents, the fact that it'll present a steady rise is probably more accurate, although it'll be a rather slow one.
Because most of the people who have kept their cards to sell after the sale have done so speculating that they'll go up once the sale is over. When they see that's not turning out to be the case, they'll try and sell them before they drop in value further. Since all of this is in cents, not many people are going to care enough to sit on the cards for any extended period of time hoping to make slightly more.

From what I've seen in comparison videos, a maxed out ME3 isn't very much better than it's console versions. I always thought the ME series (thus far) have been very well made graphically on the consoles.
Both true and false.

Out of the box, Bioware can't really so much be praised for making the games well for console as they can be condemned for not putting much work into the PC versions' graphics. However, this is what modding is for.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/368/index/9735492/1

Basically, the PC version looks MUCH better the the console versions with those mods.

Oh, I absolutely love hip-hop. That's my favorite genre of music.
xCumZrz.png

TIme to post hauls already? I can proudly say that I spent $0 real dollars.
omg, Steam wallet = real money. It takes very little effort to convert it into PayPal. People really need to stop saying that. >_>

Would I like Civ V if I've never played a game like it before? Also does it take a lot of time to beat?
Like others said, it's not a game you "beat", since it's more like an extremely in depth board game. Also, even if you aren't a turn-based-strategy fan, I'd say that there's a chance you'd like it. I'm not a big strategy guy myself, and I love Civ V.

Play the demo and buy it if it appeals to you. It's really an awesome game, especially as you get used to it, just be sure to start on the lowest difficulties first!

Tropico 4 Collector's Edition (Although now that I see that there's more DLC for this game coming out, I slightly regret this purchase)
:headache: I hate when companies do that: sell a package with a name that implies that it's the final pack which includes all of the DLC, then go and release more. (Other name examples: GOTY, Gold.)

Stiiiiiiiiiilllllll haven't bought valve complete bundle or critter crunch. I do not know why
Valve Complete Bundle is a pretty mediocre value. L4D2, Portal 2, and CSGO routinely hit $5 and will probably be going for less in the future. Same with the Half-Life franchise. TF2 is free-to-play. The rest of the stuff is meh. Outdated multiplayer games some of which have newer iterations and Portal 1 and L4D1 neither of which are significantly different than their sequels to warrant purchases, imo. You can get most of Valve's worthwhile stuff for $20ish.

This is probably my favorite part of the sale...searching http://steamdb.info/sales/ for hidden gems on the last night. So far, I've got in my cart for after the final flash sale:

Bard's Tale

McPixel

Super House of Dead Ninjas

I've only spent $53.70 during the sale and I don't feel like that's enough. :D Need to find more games!
I spent about $50 and I think that's more than enough. I think I'm done especially seeing how much I've ever spent on Steam. I should be good until the winter sale. Otherwise it's all Humble Bundles for me.

Valve Complete Bundle is a pretty mediocre value. L4D2, Portal 2, and CSGO routinely hit $5 and will probably be going for less in the future. Same with the Half-Life franchise. TF2 is free-to-play. The rest of the stuff is meh. Outdated multiplayer games some of which have newer iterations and Portal 1 and L4D1 neither of which are significantly different than their sequels to warrant purchases, imo. You can get most of Valve's worthwhile stuff for $20ish.
I thank you for that, but my friend constantly is hounding my ass to buy it, so I have to at least owe him that

Portal 1 is still worthwhile, but can be had for pretty cheap in a Portal Bundle. I think you are right to cherry pick instead of the whole bundle, but don't skip Portal 1.

Because most of the people who have kept their cards to sell after the sale have done so speculating that they'll go up once the sale is over. When they see that's not turning out to be the case, they'll try and sell them before they drop in value further. Since all of this is in cents, not many people are going to care enough to sit on the cards for any extended period of time hoping to make slightly more.
I forget people are dumb, carry on :p

Portal 1 is still worthwhile, but can be had for pretty cheap in a Portal Bundle. I think you are right to cherry pick instead of the whole bundle, but don't skip Portal 1.
Oh my god yes... DO NOT play Portal 2 without having played Portal first! This cannot be stated enough.

Not only would you be missing one of the finest games on Steam, but you would REALLY be missing a lot of story. Portal/Portal 2 doesn't hit you over the head with lengthy dialogue sequences. You have to piece things together a bit by viewing your environment, and without the context of viewing the original game, the second isn't going to be nearly as good as it could be.

Portal is short and sweet. Don't skimp and end up missing out.

Bought for myself:

Dungeons of Dredmor Complete

Two Worlds Epic Edition

System Shock 2

Fallout 3 GOTY

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

Bought to gift to others:

Risen

Bad Rats The Rats' Revenge (2 copies)

Gifted to me:

Surgeon Simulator 2013

They Bleed Pixels

Bad Rats The Rats' Revenge(must be karma)

Infestation Survivor Stories

I've played every portal, left 4 dead, and have played orange box. My friend just really wants me to get the valve bundle. Besides, I think it all looks like it deserves a look (even if all games are worth $5, I'd still want to play CS:GO, CS:S, L4D2, P1+2, HL, HL2, TF1, DLC to L4D2 (I hope it comes with it, if not...MODS.) then buy Garry's mod. My friend chose to get a Mac, so there is a limitation to it. On the upside, I can probably convince him to get Critter Crunch :D

Anyone bought The Maw DLCs? Are they good?
Played the a couple years back. I recommend them all. The simple fact that I can still remember them say sometime... my fav of the bunch was speedier lane just because it was a fun change of pace.

omg, Steam wallet = real money. It takes very little effort to convert it into PayPal. People really need to stop saying that. >_>
This, 100% gaben funbux = real money.

:headache: I hate when companies do that: sell a package with a name that implies that it's the final pack which includes all of the DLC, then go and release more. (Other name examples: GOTY, Gold.)
Only one deterrent... jumper cables to the groin.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I really really want to play Kerbal. The concept and the physics sound really interesting to me. I'm not as excited about Rogue
Nah, I'm with you here. I'm sure I'll pickup Kerbal when it hits the right price (I'll just have to keep myself entertained with STK-free in the mean time.)

My haul for the sale:

Bought for myself

Children of the Nile: Alexandria -- $0.99

Damnation -- $2.49

Deus Ex: HR - Explosive Mission DLC -- $0.28

Far Cry 1 -- $2.49

Just Cause 1 -- $0.27

Overlord Complete Pack -- $4.99

Risen 1 -- $2.49

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 -- $5

System Shock 2 -- $2.49

Tropico 4: Collector's Bundle -- $7.99

Total: $29.48 (all from card money)

Bought elsewhere

NBA 2K13 (Nuuvem)

Sleeping Dogs (Amazon -- gift card balance)

Trine 2 (group buy)

Gifted from amazing, awesome friends

Dungeon Defenders

Left 4 Dead 2

Monaco

Total money spent not from gift cards or card money: $7.27

Not a bad haul, and a decent Steam sale.  I'm still disappointed that Conquistador lost that flash sale, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back