The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't 2 have checkpoints though? I've played a bit of the first one, and yeah, it's a brutal game of high speed visual Simon Says, more or less. The first game doesn't have checkpoints though...
The game does have checkpoints but it's still pretty hard to get everything in the level. It's a bit easier but not by much.

I'm confused on the GFWL closing thing. Their wording makes it sound like every Microsoft published GFWL game is going to get yanked from everywhere.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/pc-games/pc-marketplace-closing

Will I be able to purchase Games for Windows Live games in other marketplaces now that Games for Windows Live titles are no longer available on Xbox.com?

Games for Windows Live titles published by Microsoft are no longer available for purchase from any marketplace. For other titles, please check directly with the title’s publishers.
*Edit: Btw anyone who thinks they might ever want to play Age of Empires online F2P on Steam better install it soon because according to posts there it is getting yanked from Steam in terms of being able to install it and get in as a new player. http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com/forums/1/371882/ShowThread.aspx

I'm confused on the GFWL closing thing. Their wording makes it sound like every Microsoft published GFWL game is going to get yanked from everywhere.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/pc-games/pc-marketplace-closing
If it's true it means we'll probably see these titles removed from Steam soon:

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Age of Empires Online

Fable III

Iron Brigade

Toy Soldiers

Microsoft Flight

and maybe Ms. Splosion Man? Does it have GFWL? It doesn't say on the store page.

Good luck on the refund - sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Thanks. I might not have realized there was a BR version if it wasn't for you. I was going by the version they're selling on Brazil steam store, and had no idea there was another version locked to Brazil. Pretty strange. At least one guy got a refund so I'm hopeful. Absolute worst case is that I'm out $35, that's the price of being a CAG. :(

Thanks. I might not have realized there was a BR version if it wasn't for you. I was going by the version they're selling on Brazil steam store, and had no idea there was another version locked to Brazil. Pretty strange. At least one guy got a refund so I'm hopeful. Absolute worst case is that I'm out $35, that's the price of being a CAG. :(
It'll be the first time I've ever heard of Nuuvem selling a US customer a region locked Steam game... I'm skeptical.

Oooh just saw this on Neogaf, taken from Nuuvem forum:

We're aware that most of our international community is having a big time wondering if the Saints Row key that we're providing will be regionally exclusive or not.

In a first moment, the Saints Row IV pre-purchase rights that we sold until now, will, indeed, be redeemed as regional keys, but we've already taken action in order to protect the best interests and rights of our foreign users, so, soon after the game is launched we guarantee that all the foreign users that pre-purchased with us will receive a worldwide redeemable key.

It is important to state though, that all the keys that will be sold AFTER the game launch, will be regionally blocked.

If there is any question that remains unanswered please let us know.

Best Regards

Nuuvem Team

Oooh just saw this on Neogaf, taken from Nuuvem forum:
That's good guy Greg[customspoiler= Nuuvem ]
good_guy_greg_69.jpg
[/customspoiler]for you, as I thought.

Because they have dated graphics? :joystick: Gothic 1 and 2 are among the best (a)RPGs ever made. And I mean legitimately the best not Mass Effect 'best.'

Wasn' t thinking mainly about graphics (Gothic graphics are good), but patches, fixes and such. I don't usually buy oldies outside GOG (they provide the best patches, fixes and support... you usually knows the game WORKS) and had some troubles with some "legacy" games on Steam.

I'm an old gamer too, can stand past graphics... but the first "polygon" games, like alone in the dark and such, I don't know why. I enjoyed those back in the day, but today I find those unplayable.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Age of Empires Online

Fable III

Iron Brigade

Toy Soldiers

Microsoft Flight

and maybe Ms. Splosion Man? Does it have GFWL? It doesn't say on the store page.
I hope one day, From Software converts Dark Souls PC over to Steam fully...

EDIT:

I hope any G4WL games that used G4WL's DRM and/or any other additional 3rd party crap (like Securom) gets it removed - especially for SP portions of games. I wouldn't expect M$'s published games to get converted to Steam, but that would be nice if they did. A dude can dream, though.

Wasn' t thinking mainly about graphics (Gothic graphics are good), but patches, fixes and such. I don't usually buy oldies outside GOG (they provide the best patches, fixes and support... you usually knows the game WORKS) and had some troubles with some "legacy" games on Steam.

I'm an old gamer too, can stand past graphics... but the first "polygon" games, like alone in the dark and such, I don't know why. I enjoyed those back in the day, but today I find those unplayable.
In that case I can't say I've had many problems with Gothic 1 or 2 on Steam. Small issue in G1 where you have to briefly disable sound for one cutscene and maybe a handful of crashes in G2 out of 100+ hours played.

Can people stop using M$? Every for profit company tries to make, get this, a profit. I don't care what argument people make, they are no more "greedy" than the next guy.

Can people stop using M$? Every for profit company tries to make, get this, a profit. I don't care what argument people make, they are no more "greedy" than the next guy.
A Thousand Likes to you good sir for this post.

Well, at least in theory. In practice, it's a little closer to One like for you. But that doesn't diminish the level of agreement that I have with your post.

In that case I can't say I've had many problems with Gothic 1 or 2 on Steam. Small issue in G1 where you have to briefly disable sound for one cutscene and maybe a handful of crashes in G2 out of 100+ hours played.

Sold! About random crashes... I don't have a problem dealing with it if the game is good. Even the new Xcom sometimes crashes to desktop randomly.

I have the Gothic universe boxed version (bought it years ago)... But I don't think it will be easy to install now.

Well... now that I mention that I should also say given Red Faction's weekly sale last week (Nordic bought the IP) and Gothic's sale this week my 'spoder' senses are tingling that we might see a Nordic heavy Indie Gala coming up (Gothic stuff is sold in the Gala store).  Just pure speculation on my part.

Oh, also also with G1 I had to disable the Steam overlay when playing (or else it crashes on launch).

Sold! About random crashes... I don't have a problem dealing with it if the game is good. Even the new Xcom sometimes crashes to desktop randomly.

I have the Gothic universe boxed version (bought it years ago)... But I don't think it will be easy to install now.
I think I had 2 freezes in my first 44 hours of Enemy Unknown. Played another 30 some hours the past couple weeks with no issue. Never had a crash to desktop though.

A Thousand Likes to you good sir for this post.

Well, at least in theory. In practice, it's a little closer to One like for you. But that doesn't diminish the level of agreement that I have with your post.
Are you going to keep your avatar up-to-date? If so it's almost time....

DVXlLSD.jpg

Well... now that I mention that I should also say given Red Faction's weekly sale last week (Nordic bought the IP) and Gothic's sale this week my 'spoder' senses are tingling that we might see a Nordic heavy Indie Gala coming up (Gothic stuff is sold in the Gala store). Just pure speculation on my part.

Was about to buy it, now you make me think about it.... But gala doesn't have GabeN money :)

I think I had 2 freezes in my first 44 hours of Enemy Unknown. Played another 30 some hours the past couple weeks with no issue. Never had a crash to desktop though.

I did a "file check" within steam and no problem since that :fingerscrossed:

Are you going to keep your avatar up-to-date? If so it's almost time....
DVXlLSD.jpg
lol

Nah, people might actually get the idea that I like soccer. I just went with the last one because it amused me how fucking pumped that guy was. Besides, I'm not really liking the new box art.

I briefly thought about changing my avatar to this earlier today.
3asp.jpg

But I think my current one still has a little use in it. If there are people out there who still have their Christmas avatars in place, I can stick with the summer avatar a bit longer.

But if I don't use "M$" then how will I give you that wink and nudge to let you know that I see through all the misinformation and marketing, dude?

I mean, like...

Sheeple and stuff, right?

Sorry.

I briefly passed out from the fumes of self-satisfaction I was furiously emitting.

The truth is out there.

Ms. Splosion Man has indeed been infected by GFWL. It's an unmistakably miserable port, not unlike where Mooby's family lived until they panhandled enough schillings to emigrate; the poor bastard ate chum-flavored Gerber every day -- as an adult. No updates yet and it was released 4+ months ago.

100 levels -- 50 SP, 50 MP -- seems like a lot but GFWL dispels potential players like we're Frankenstein.

DICKS
d70fe6b3-e765-4f86-8d53-2d8908b930a9_zps1d400796.jpg

So 50 levels are lost like when you misplaced your Pokemon cartridge. Ain't nobody got time to play co-op with nobody.

Multiple Sclerosis fundraising.

Style

Substance

not my first lol

Is there any order the New Vegas DLC should be played in?
Play Lonesome Road after Dead Money as it reveals more about clues found during Dead Money. I was recommended to be level 20 before starting Dead Money, so that's when you should start the DLCs.

Ms. Splosion Man has indeed been infected by GFWL. It's an unmistakably miserable port, not unlike where Mooby's family lived until they panhandled enough schillings to emigrate; the poor bastard ate chum-flavored Gerber every day -- as an adult. No updates yet and it was released 4+ months ago.
And in spite of that now I'm like 'Shit, it might go away forever so maybe I should just buy it for $10'.

I wish Microsoft were more explicit as far as exactly what games they publish are being yanked.

Oddly enough Age of Empires II HD (which does not use GFWL) just got a new expansion for it announced. Yes, an expansion for a 14 year old game. And Microsoft is publishing it so I guess they are still kind of doing some stuff on the PC.

Also apparently Microsoft just hired the former Steam director of business development where he "will be focuing on making Windows a great platform for gaming and interactive entertainment".

So I don't know wtf their deal is. They're schizo.

Maybe we'll see GFWL 2.0: The Revenge! Who knows?

Finally played some Fairy Bloom Freesia.  Not quite what I was expecting.  Also, I can't get my DS3 to work on this computer at all.  (Yes, I know, Motion Joy, Better DS3, but I mean my computer just won't recognize it.)  Ended up spending more time wrestling with that and giving up to use an old Sidewinder pad than I did playing.

Achievements for the game seem to flow like water.

In more lucrative news, I found I earned an Eversion booster pack.  Sold it for close to two GabeNbucks.  A shame, though, because if the cards weren't worth so much, I'd craft the badge.  That game experience proved to offer far more than I expected.

Thinking about Bundlestars #10... Don't own Disciples (I like TBS games), Galaxy on Fire 2 (this si my main focus, it looks great!), Afterfall (this is the one pushing me back, I don't know if I'll like it) and air conflicts PC (already have secret wars, but haven't played it)

I can gift Cargo commander, zeno clash and kung fu strike to one of my kids (he loves action games) since I just recently created steam accounts for both of them...

Any thoughts?

In more lucrative news, I found I earned an Eversion booster pack. Sold it for close to two GabeNbucks. A shame, though, because if the cards weren't worth so much, I'd craft the badge. That game was far more than I expected.
Don't feel so bad. I sold my Eversion key for like 50 cents ages ago because it didn't interest me.

#steamcardregrets

Don't Starve is 8.39 on greenmangaming.com and coupon GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN works to bring it down to 6.72. Redeems on Steam.

I also posted this in the greenmangaming thread, but thought people in here might care too.

why the hell are there so many different trackmania games?! why couldnt they just put all of them into 1 game?

ive now discovered Trackmania Valley. i do love some good tree scenery in a race.

I set up a groupbuy for it here to see if anyone is interested in going in on one.

i feel like i should probably just play dirt 2 instead, but that steam workshop integration looks like a good idea.

So has anyone else seen a increase in foil card drops or have I just been getting lucky? I've gotten 3 foils from 3 different games in the past 4 days.

So has anyone else seen a increase in foil card drops or have I just been getting lucky? I've gotten 3 foils from 3 different games in the past 4 days.
The week of the summer sale I received 4 foils. The week before the sale I got about 7 foils. Earned a little over $100 GabenBucks from them.

/rubbing-it-in

Foils: I've gotten one single foil. Of course it not only sells for little, but no one is buying it. Doesn't help that when I set the price for it someone else sets the exact same price and they get put higher up on the list to be sold first. Makes it impossible to sell because even if I undercut him by the time someone even looks at the card with the potential to buy he has already set the same price and is put up to be sold before mine. Thanks GabeN.

Life: Been packing for my apartment move. About 80% packed now and I'm moving in on Friday. Hello sweet sweet internet upgrade.

CARDZ: Idled Fairy Bloom Freesia and idling Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse now. Surprised they changed Ravaged to this zombie thing. Glad I won a free copy of Ravaged a little while back. Gonna idle eXceed 2 & 3 when I can(I don't have the first one yet).

Games: Looking at "Papers, Please" and REALLY wanting it for some reason.

I'm a huge Might and Magic fan, so I went ahead and did that Early Release of Might and Magic X. Supposed to be released in 2014, but the ability to play it as it's being developed interests me. 

Also picked up Of Orcs and Men for $7.50. Hopefully we'll get it on PS+ for free one of these days, but that's another thread another time. :p

I'm a huge Might and Magic fan, so I went ahead and did that Early Release of Might and Magic X. Supposed to be released in 2014, but the ability to play it as it's being developed interests me.
You should see people on Steam bitching about it requiring Uplay. It's not really news that new Ubi games all require Uplay no matter what now.

*waits for everyone here to bitch about it requiring Uplay, preemptive facepalms*

CARDZ: Idled Fairy Bloom Freesia and idling Ravaged Zombie Apocalypse now. Surprised they changed Ravaged to this zombie thing. Glad I won a free copy of Ravaged a little while back. Gonna idle eXceed 2 & 3 when I can(I don't have the first one yet).
I could imagine the conversation that went on.

Fred: Man the sales of our game really suck. We should try to do something about that maybe.

Jim: I know zombies! Everyone loves zombies!

Fred: Awesome! Let's do it! Ravaged: The Zombie Apocalypse.

Jim: That's epic!

Why such choose such small games? I need to know what will happen to Fallout 3, Dark Souls, GTAIV, RE5, Red Faction: Guerrilla!

Those would be some big losses for me.
Because the Microsoft statement specifically only referred to Microsoft published GFWL games as the ones that will (supposedly) be no longer sold. Presumably it's up to the publishers as far as what they will do with the non Microsoft GFWL games. The statement did indicate their GFWL servers would still remain up, at least for a time another year. I don't know what will happen when they just completely shut them down. I guess the publishers would be obligated to patch.

With some of them like From Software, well good luck with that. Bethesda I think is pretty safe though and Fallout is a big IP. Even the old Fallout games are still being sold so I don't see them ever not finding a way to continue to let players play Fallout 3.

Of course there may be some other funky cases. I don't even think you can buy the Bioshock 2 DLC Minerva's Den anywhere else but the GFWL marketplace so I don't know if that's just going to go POOF forever or what.

Also picked up Of Orcs and Men for $7.50. Hopefully we'll get it on PS+ for free one of these days, but that's another thread another time. :p
I'm kind of curious about M&M X but man after the butt cheek hanging out fugly for the year 2000 npcs, buggy, unfinished, 10 FPS on a good machine, half in German steaming pile o' shite that Realms of Arkania turned out to be I think I will sit back and wait for some impressions.

I've been reading a bit already. Seems it's really short, not much there yet, the old grid system from the earlier M&M games is back and somewhat controversially. Almost seems like Ubisoft is cheaping out and trying to make an indie retro game because it's cool now and they can. But like I said I haven't played it and at least they clearly denote it as being early access.

I think I'll wait for a full release and a sale and then check user reviews first. Seems the safest thing to do these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back