The Super Bowl OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yeah they are. I will say that baseball is slightly more enjoyable in person. I've been to one MLB in my life and had a good time. Watching it on TV is akin tp watching paint dry though.

[quote name='JolietJake']Well, yeah they are. I will say that baseball is slightly more enjoyable in person. I've been to one MLB in my life and had a good time. Watching it on TV is akin tp watching paint dry though.[/QUOTE]

I've only been to a farm team game or six... those are tolerable... baseball is a sport that's fun to PLAY... but watching it? It normally sucks.

This Temple Grandin HBO movie really surprised me. It was fascinating on many levels and really gave me some insight into many CAG posters. Also, who knew Claire Danes could be made to look even less attractive?

I saw Temple speak back in October. It was great. I have no interest in the movie though. I typically stay away when the media mixes with autism.

[quote name='seanr1221']I saw Temple speak back in October. It was great. I have no interest in the movie though. I typically stay away when the media mixes with autism.[/QUOTE]

The entire movie is about how her perspective on the world is what enabled her success, which amazing in and of itself - and it was really well done. The film only makes a cursory effort dealing with her status as an autism advocate. That it saves for the final 3 minutes of the movie.

Most of it is about her impact on the cattle industry. (However, one of the film's characterizations is really like a back-handed compliment: Autistic people think more like prey animals?) It's certainly worth a watch.

I've only seen her in videos- it would be cool to get someone's take on Danes portrayal who's seen Grandin speak in person.

[quote name='Maklershed']Decided to take off Wednesday to avoid Snowpocalypse Round 2.

Is it possible that Nicholas Cage is the worst '$5 mill + per movie' mainstream actor?[/QUOTE]

I informed my manager that I would be "working from home" Wednesday, which entails logging on, and then shoveling the rest of the day while checking work emails every so often. Maybe even get some more Mass Effect in.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The entire movie is about how her perspective on the world is what enabled her success, which amazing in and of itself - and it was really well done. The film only makes a cursory effort dealing with her status as an autism advocate. That it saves for the final 3 minutes of the movie.

Most of it is about her impact on the cattle industry. (However, one of the film's characterizations is really like a back-handed compliment: Autistic people think more like prey animals?) It's certainly worth a watch.

I've only seen her in videos- it would be cool to get someone's take on Danes portrayal who's seen Grandin speak in person.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='h3llbring3r']This Temple Grandin HBO movie really surprised me. It was fascinating on many levels and really gave me some insight into many CAG posters. Also, who knew Claire Danes could be made to look even less attractive?[/QUOTE]

(A) I have no idea who Temple Grandin is.
(B) Claire Danes was attractive like once. When I was 13 or so and she was in My So Called Life or whatever that was... Once she started having roles in movies, it's like someone used an ugly stick to beat her to within half an inch of her life...

Quit shitting on Claire Danes. She was great in Shopgirl and that wasn't that long ago.

The Gulag level in MW2 was one of the game's best setpieces, I thought.

[quote name='Number83']I informed my manager that I would be "working from home" Wednesday, which entails logging on, and then shoveling the rest of the day while checking work emails every so often. Maybe even get some more Mass Effect in.[/QUOTE]

You give the rest of us with home offices a very bad reputation, sir.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Quit shitting on Claire Danes. She was great in Shopgirl and that wasn't that long ago.

The Gulag level in MW2 was one of the game's best setpieces, I thought.[/QUOTE]

While I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request, I will agree that I found the Gulag level to be very well done. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You give the rest of us with home offices a very bad reputation, sir.[/QUOTE]

It makes up for the 2:00 am, "Get your a$$ into the office and reboot the as/400" calls on the weekends. They are few (AS/400 = rocksteady) but they suck when they do happen.

I technically don't have a home office, as much as an office at home where I can check in on work (I refer to it as my Fortress of Solitude). Your reputation is intact.

Just ordered my Wacom Intuos3 tablet. :bouncy:

(And a Flip UltraHD Camcorder.)

[quote name='Number83']It makes up for the 2:00 am, "Get your a$$ into the office and reboot the as/400" calls on the weekends. They are few (AS/400 = rocksteady) but they suck when they do happen.

I technically don't have a home office, as much as an office at home where I can check in on work (I refer to it as my Fortress of Solitude). Your reputation is intact.[/QUOTE]

AS/400? UGh. Sorry man.
Home office for me = futon and coffee table -- but I most certainly am working and NOT playing ME or shoveling. :roll:

[quote name='Brak']Just ordered my Wacom Intuos3 tablet. :bouncy:

(And a Flip UltraHD Camcorder.)[/QUOTE]

And the potential here is overwhelming...

[quote name='JolietJake']Well, yeah they are. I will say that baseball is slightly more enjoyable in person. I've been to one MLB in my life and had a good time. Watching it on TV is akin tp watching paint dry though.[/QUOTE][quote name='corrosivefrost']I've only been to a farm team game or six... those are tolerable... baseball is a sport that's fun to PLAY... but watching it? It normally sucks.[/QUOTE]
Watch good or great MLB teams play and it's a great experience.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/02/08/deal-of-the-week-a-week-of-3-fighting-deals.aspx

Major Nelson apparently has no idea what fighting games are.

[quote name='Number83']Maybe even get some more Mass Effect in.[/QUOTE]

Nice thats what I'm gonna be doing too. Are you still on the first one as well? If so, where are you at?

[quote name='JolietJake']One is boring as hell and the other is the redneck sport of sports.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Why do you still draw breath?

I REALLY should've killed you when I was in Nashville back then...

[quote name='Brak']Just ordered my Wacom Intuos3 tablet. :bouncy:

(And a Flip UltraHD Camcorder.)[/QUOTE]
why the intuos over graphire?

edit: i just checked the site and i don't even see graphires. did they stop making them?

[quote name='manthing']Why do you still draw breath?

I REALLY should've killed you when I was in Nashville back then...[/QUOTE]
I never took you for a nascar fan....:lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost'](A) I have no idea who Temple Grandin is.
(B) Claire Danes was attractive like once. When I was 13 or so and she was in My So Called Life or whatever that was... Once she started having roles in movies, it's like someone used an ugly stick to beat her to within half an inch of her life...[/QUOTE]I thought she was pretty hot in Romeo and Juliet. :shrug:

[quote name='manthing']Why do you still draw breath?

I REALLY should've killed you when I was in Nashville back then...[/QUOTE]
Sheeeeesh.

[quote name='Maklershed']Nice thats what I'm gonna be doing too. Are you still on the first one as well? If so, where are you at?[/QUOTE]

Yep, the first one. I just found my last companion. I'm having too much fun exploring the planets and doing all the side quests.

As far as the main quest, I've investigated only 1 of the 3 planets that I was supposed to so far. No idea how far in that is. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm the same way. I spent about 12 hours on the Citadel and now I'm working on doing every side mission and exploring as much of each planet as I can. I'm a little over 30 hours into the game and I think I'm only half way done.

I think it took me 46 hours to do EVERYTHING in the first Mass Effect.

Seems like the second one is even longer. :bouncy:

[quote name='Brak']I think it took me 46 hours to do EVERYTHING in the first Mass Effect.

Seems like the second one is even longer. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Only if you waste away hours scanning for resources. I did pretty much EVERYTHING in 25-35.

[quote name='Number83']Yep, the first one. I just found my last companion. I'm having too much fun exploring the planets and doing all the side quests.

As far as the main quest, I've investigated only 1 of the 3 planets that I was supposed to so far. No idea how far in that is. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I believe there are 4 main planet missions. The one with the dig site and Liara, which you seem to have mentioned, Feros, Noveria, and Virmire. They decently long quests (Feros is probably the longest)... after that, you're pretty much forced into a final mission/confrontation thing.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I believe there are 4 main planet missions. The one with the dig site and Liara, which you seem to have mentioned, Feros, Noveria, and Virmire. They decently long quests (Feros is probably the longest)... after that, you're pretty much forced into a final mission/confrontation thing.[/QUOTE]

So I'm almost done? :cry:

[quote name='Number83']So I'm almost done? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Nah, those quests on the planets can be long... particularly the one on Feros -- Noveria is a bit shorter and has some shitty Mako driving.

If you don't screw around and lolligag, you can do a pretty complete run of the first game in like 25 hours. Knowing you, if it took you this long to get off the Citadel and go get Liara, you've got another 6 months of playing. :lol:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']After I'm done ME 2 I'll probably go back to dragon age.

i've had a splitting headache all day. I hope it's not a tumor. :whee:[/QUOTE]

It's a tumor.

I'm so sorry.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nah, those quests on the planets can be long... particularly the one on Feros -- Noveria is a bit shorter and has some shitty Mako driving.

If you don't screw around and lolligag, you can do a pretty complete run of the first game in like 25 hours. Knowing you, if it took you this long to get off the Citadel and go get Liara, you've got another 6 months of playing. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Whew!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']He'll be *STARTING* ME2 in 2012. Maybe.[/QUOTE]

Tentative schedule for 2012 (no particular order, randomly selected 5 games from my backlog):

1) Y's: Ark of Napishtam (PS2)
2) Fallout
Brotherhood of Steel
(Xbox)
3) Lords of the Realm III (PC)
4) NFL's Greatest Teams: San Francisco vs. Dallas (Sega CD)
5) Record of Lodoss War (Dreamcast)

And if anyone was curious, yes I got them new/close to release day...Yes, they are still sealed (Except Lodoss War...EBGames Morning Update). :cool:

:whistle2:k the train is running late and I have clients from 4:00 - 8:30. Do I rush home and grab something to eat/make something later, or stop by Wawa and relax?

[quote name='seanr1221']:whistle2:k the train is running late and I have clients from 4:00 - 8:30. Do I rush home and grab something to eat/make something later, or stop by Wawa and relax?[/QUOTE]

Wawa. You've earned it.

[quote name='seanr1221']:whistle2:k the train is running late and I have clients from 4:00 - 8:30. Do I rush home and grab something to eat/make something later, or stop by Wawa and relax?[/QUOTE]

weird that you would mention trains, i was just going to post that a train derailed about five minutes from my work. seemed like a good time to take lunch, so i went over and looked at it. very interesting to see in real life.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Zew, do you have a standard 3G iPhone? I remember you asked manthing about phones the other day cause your iPhone battery was practically useless... then I remembered a colleague had shown me this:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10253445-233.html[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool. I'd do it if I could find a replacement battery. The one in the link no longer exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back