The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

I was just wondering because the Targets in East Windsor, Princeton, Menlo Park, Burlington (NJ), and Oxford Valley (PA) didn't have them tagged at all.

However on a side note, the NHL 2003 (XBX) are all clearance tagged at 14.98 in Princeton, even though they are scanning at $19.99.

As was explained to me by a Target employee, if the item rings up at $0.00, then the item has been delisted and should have been sent back to warehouse. If the item is still in the store, in your hands for example, they have to sell it to you, but at the last price the item was listed at. The problem seems to be that only the hand scanners that employees have can find this listed price and they usually have to walk you to the register so they can tell the cashier since the cashier's register will show $0.00 as well. You can find some pretty good deals some of the time, but usually the last price is the clearance price as discussed on this website, ie. $7.48. I haven't ran across any great deals like games less than a dollar.

I forgot to post this yesterday: When I picked up Primal at Target I also got a PS2 Controller for $12.48 clearance. It was a Smoke Black (Transparent) controller. Which worked out for me because that's what my other controller is.

So check the accessory aisle of your local Target.

my target had gungrave for 7 red faction for 10, got them both
then they havent had much recently
i did see an action replay for 15, but no use for that to me, i play mostly sports games and i can live without BIG HEADS

A few things I would like to say..

If you post here.. Please post your location so we know where u are! And thanks for all these great deals! Although my Target in Rosemead has shit..

I saw these deals yesterday..
Offical Sony PSOne Dualshock(One) $10
Offical Sony PSOne Memory Cards $7 or $8
Target Branded Svideo Cables for all/most systems 7$ [I paied 10 a month ago and its great.. No more cables.. Just one.. With S-Video, highly recommened]

Also saw..

Computer Speakers.. Can be plugged into the systems... [Altec Model GS100] Has subwoofer... Works great! I love it! 15$

Target Southport...aka Naptown.

$3.78 PSOne Official Memory Cards
The Italian Job $19.99 Xbox

Not really a great deal, but I just wanted to ask a question about those S-Video cables. Is there some sort of recognition in the splitter that switches the device that's on?

I saw that all the plugs feed into just one A/V cable, so is that how that works? Or is there even enough slack in the console connectors to allow that?

You can have all ur systems plugged if thats what ur asking.. Although you can only use one at a time.. =P

Just one AV cable yes.. But theres little room to split.. Basicly... All ur sytems have to be pretty damn close to each other.. Or right on top of each other..

My local Target has had some games with $12.99 stickers across their upper right corners for some time. Today I decided to scan them and see what happened.
Mad Maestro (PS2) (which is in stock) scanned $0.00.
Haven: Call of the King (PS2) scanned $3.24.

Target East Windsor NJ, PSOne Mad Catz Memory Cards, $1.48 each.... what a deal

Target Princeton, NJ- Turok Evolution $3.48, still not a deal ;)

A note about the Princeton NJ one, they have moved out a bunch of clearance product from behind glass that now scans at $0.00, but rings in at

Target - Southwestern, Pennsylvania

I noticed today that Target has set up an end-cap with several PS2 titles that range from $9.99 to $12.99.

The ones I can remember are Blade 2, WHRA Racing and Wrath of Cortex.

There were maybe three other titles that didn't interest me. Sorry.

Happy hunting guys & gals.

How do you go about using price scanners on the printed bar codes? Do you ask an employee to do scan them, or is there some way to scan them yourself?

About the 0.00 thing: I went to my local Target (Tuscaloosa, AL) and scanned Gungrave (one was not in the glass case, 6 or 7 were) and it came up at 0.00. I asked the store clerk about it, he scanned it at the register, and it came up at 0.00 again. He told me that when this happens, it is salvage stock and is sold at 90% off of the last sale price. He told me that the last price they had for it was $12.99, so at 90% off, I was able to buy it for $1.29!! Ask about this at the Targets near you, you might be able to get a game cheaper than cheap. :D

[quote name='idahoxbox']How do you go about using price scanners on the printed bar codes? Do you ask an employee to do scan them, or is there some way to scan them yourself?[/quote]

You scan them yourself.
Read the first post on this thread for more info.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='idahoxbox']How do you go about using price scanners on the printed bar codes? Do you ask an employee to do scan them, or is there some way to scan them yourself?[/quote]

You scan them yourself.
Read the first post on this thread for more info.[/quote]

The first post does not answer my question. Having not worked in retail, this question may seem really stupid but I have no idea how to scan them myself. How do you go about doing this?

There are some "scan-it-yourself" price check units in various places around the store. If the games are loose, grab a handful, walk over, and go scan-happy. If you are curious about prices of games locked behind the glass and do not want to ask an employee to scan each title once, do the UPC trick described in the first post and take your own printout of barcodes to these scanners and enjoy the funny looks people give you when you pull a sheet of paper loaded with barcodes out of your pocket.

[quote name='CameronPhD']There are some "scan-it-yourself" price check units in various places around the store. If the games are loose, grab a handful, walk over, and go scan-happy. If you are curious about prices of games locked behind the glass and do not want to ask an employee to scan each title once, do the UPC trick described in the first post and take your own printout of barcodes to these scanners and enjoy the funny looks people give you when you pull a sheet of paper loaded with barcodes out of your pocket.[/quote]

And the question from the "uniformed security gaurd" about what you're doing. Be honest and they don't mind. It only happened to me once, and I do this multiple times a week, at multiple targets, so it's not too likely to happen to anyone else, except maybe minx. ;)

[quote name='CameronPhD']There are some "scan-it-yourself" price check units in various places around the store. If the games are loose, grab a handful, walk over, and go scan-happy. If you are curious about prices of games locked behind the glass and do not want to ask an employee to scan each title once, do the UPC trick described in the first post and take your own printout of barcodes to these scanners and enjoy the funny looks people give you when you pull a sheet of paper loaded with barcodes out of your pocket.[/quote]

i tend to not look at any1 when im doing this...so jus pretend no1 is looking at u...it is alot easier that way instead of tryin to look around and wait til no1 is around

will i be able to get these deals if the trget nearest me just opened today (cause the other one is like 45 min away) or will i have toi wait like 3 weeks.

[quote name='cegha']will i be able to get these deals if the trget nearest me just opened today (cause the other one is like 45 min away) or will i have toi wait like 3 weeks.[/quote]

You're probably going to have to wait until about January to start picking up the clearance deals. These that are left are pretty much summer left-over product that's being cleared out. Chances are that if your targét opened today, they probably never would have had any of this stuff in stock.

[quote name='cegha']will i be able to get these deals if the trget nearest me just opened today (cause the other one is like 45 min away) or will i have toi wait like 3 weeks.[/quote]

Are you in NJ?
One just opened up near Clifton like today.

no im actually in south carolina and on there grand opening (yesterday) they had some good deals i might mention.

jak 2 $39.99
Kingdom hearts $19.99 (greatest hit)
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance $19.99 (greatest hit) i really reccommend getting this if u don't have it.
Final Fantasy Tactics advance $27.88
Matrix Reloaded $16 (comes out tomorrow :D )
Battlefield 1942 $24.99 PC
Halo $42.76 (released friday) PC

not shure on prices of the others how they orignally were but says they were on sale.

Looks like a deal at all targets (but not all variants available at all stores), Lexar Media in 32 and 64 MB sizes is on clearance. Available in Memory Stick, Compact Flash, and Smart Media.

I got a 32 meg CF for $14.50.... (East Windsor) with similar deals on MS same size

be very careful to buy very old stock or very new on those Lexar cards, because according to the people Palm.com messageboards, the company temporarily switched its OEM supplier from Panasonic to SanDisk for a while--and SanDisk is notoriously bad.

Not only are SanDisk cards slow,but they have been widely reported hard resetting PDAs.

you cannot tell from the outside of the package which make of card you are getting, although once opened according to some people the following ways can distinguish the two Lexar cards

Panasonic have black print serial numbers and are made in Japan

SanDisk have white print serial numbers and are made in Taiwan

If you insert the card into a PDA, you can tell who made it by selecting "card info"

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pa...87c80004c5ae233265955af15aca81&threadid=35140

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pa...1802bd13646561&threadid=44059&highlight=Lexar

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pa...1802bd13646561&threadid=44505&highlight=Lexar

I picked up the last large "Duke" controller for Xbox at my local Target (Greenbelt, MD) yesterday for $15. I wasn't going to buy it, but they didn't have any of the reduced price smoke PS2 controllers I wanted and the Duke I did get was the last one there. (I haven't seen it anywhere else locally since they started phasing them out.)

I seem to recall Blockbuster having a $15 sale on them a few months ago, but my local stores were out of them when I went by. Well, I've got a spare now should anything happen to my original.

A previous post mentioned that when games scan at $0.00, they are supposed to be sold at 90% off of their last sale price. No such luck for me at my Target. When the following games scanned $0.00, the cashier got one of their handheld doofers and charged a price that it said.
Mad Maestro - $3.24
Haven - $3.24
Pride FC - $7.48
Amplitude - $7.48
Yup, Pride and Amp are now scanning $0.00 at my Target.
There was also a PlayStation FIFA World Cup game that scanned $0.00 and they wanted $6.50 for.
Darkstone (PlayStation) marked down 50% from $9.99 to $4.98.

The target packaged Mad Catz off-brand Gamecube memory card 59's can be found for 1.99. Also, any of the slightly older E-reader games (I found Golf, Tennis, and Donkey Kong 3) can be had for 1.24.

Salem, Massachusetts. Target. Clearence Rack at The Corner Of Electronics.
About 9 Original Xbox Controllers. $14.00

Menlo Park, NJ

All XBox Clearance

Test Drive 4.98
Quantum Redshift 7.48
Old Style Controller 14.98 (They were numerous, but beat up packaging)

where would the clearance in target be? i went there but did not find any clearance, and alll the games are lock up in the glass cupboard thing :? also is the box of gamecube with the free game bigger than the other? cuz i saw one there but it on the back of the other boxes, so i didnt ask the guy :?

[quote name='dynamite99']where would the clearance in target be? i went there but did not find any clearance, and alll the games are lock up in the glass cupboard thing :? also is the box of gamecube with the free game bigger than the other? cuz i saw one there but it on the back of the other boxes, so i didnt ask the guy :?[/quote]

Clearance stuff can be mixed in with the regular product, can be at the end of an aisle, or in with the unlocked "Value" games. Also sometimes game clearance can be found with books, music, and video, so check there as well. Many times the product goes unmarked, hence the barcode trick described early in the thread (for games under glass).

[quote name='ANZ']Why does my Target have to suck!!! I want Xbox controller![/quote]

It took me trips to the following targéts over a month and change stretch to find it at that price:

Princeton NJ, East Windsor, NJ, Burlington, NJ, Freehold, NJ, Neshaminy, PA, Langhorne, PA, Philadelphia PA (Snyder Ave), Cherry Hill, NJ and Menlo Park, NJ

UnLimited SaGa for $14.99. It got clearanced off and my friend bought all the copies left for me, him and another friend. I understand it got medicore reviews but It's a Square game so what the heck?

[quote name='CameronPhD']Vexx (PS2) $9.98
Piglet's Big Game (PS2) $9.98
My Street (PS2) $14.99[/quote]

\:D/ Piglet's Big Game, YAHOO!!! I can't hold back the excitement!

Actually, yes, yes I can, but as of last night Vexx was still $19.99 at East Windsor NJ, and I have never seen a "My Street" at a Target, can I ask where at?

"My" deals are from a Target in Houston, TX area. "My" store has 4 or 5 copies of "My Street".
I believe what you said about Vexx. Every time I'm in Target, I check out the "value priced" section for new additions. A week or 2 ago I noticed that the 3 games I previously mentioned had been placed there with no pricing. I took them to a scanner (only checked Piglet in case it could be trade-in fodder) and didn't think the prices were anything special so didn't mention it.
Yesterday, things looked the same.
Today, they had red clearence stickers and I double checked with the scanner. There was an XBOX Vexx without a sticker that I checked and I think it was $15.

I was at Target the other day and saw the following PS2 games for $9.98
-Vexx
-Devil May Cry
-Virtua Fighter 4 (not the one that just recently came out)

Oh yeah, and I saw two copies of Dynasty Warriors 3 XL for the cheapass price of $7.48...

Caught a couple GBA "Starter Kits" for $5 and various change at princeton and east windsor NJ. It included power cord, "power grips", magnifier, case, etc.

I've only seen them in INDIGO

I was at my local Target today. They had one copy of Vexx (PS2) for $9.88, one copy of Virtua Fighter 4 for $9.88 and one copy of Unlimited Saga for $14.98. I already have VF4 and am not a big RPG fan, so I stashed Vexx in hopes it will drop to $4 this coming Monday. They also had 3 copies of Pride FC, each marked $29.99. I did a price check on one of them and it scanned $0.00. I then took it to the checkout, thinking that I would end up paying no more than a few bucks for the game. The cashier rang the game up and then typed in the price of $29.99. I politely turned it down, cause there was no chance in hell I was paying $30 for that game.

For the past few weeks Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (PS2) has been in a group of value priced games near the registers advertised as $16.99. Out of curiosity, I picked one up and it scanned at $9.99.

In response to the previous post, if you want Pride FC you should go back to the store and the next time it scans $0.00 have them check the price on one of the handheld doofers many of the associates carry around. The last I am aware is that they were $7.48 in that system but they may have fallen to the $3.24 mark by now.

Well i nmy area the 3-piece speakers that they used to give away free with systems are now 8 dollars with tax in California. I am using them on megaman x7 and they sound pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back