The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Soul Calibur 2 for the XBox is on sale for $40 this week

They also had Xbox Live with the full version of mech assualt for $50, a savings of about $20...too bad i didn't have the money of I would've bought it...

Target East Windsor NJ:

Rayman Arena, PS2, $6.30 (Sunday price, may drop today)

Not quite as good as the $4.99 EB Deal for the XBX edition, but for PS2 exclusive owners, it's a deal on that end.

[quote name='Tricky']I got a Nintentendo indigo\clear controller for $9.99 at Target.[/quote]

What?!?! Gamecube controller for 10$?? Im assuming first party.. Also.. What target?! Gotta get some more for Mario Kart..

Got Wreckless: The Yazuka Missions (GCN) for $6.30 at Target. They also had NBA Live 2003 (20.90), Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (13.90), Kung Fu Chaos (13.90), Rayman Arena (PS2-6.30), and NBA Starting Five (5.00)

Seems like as good a place to ask as any...

The Targets around me are clearing out No One Lives Forever 2, and right now, it consistently rings up at $13.48. If anyone notices a price drop for the game, could you post it here?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Maximo for $9.88 greatest hits version. Last copy.[/quote]

There are 3 targets relatively near me. One recently remodeled, and has no deals (all the games in their value section are street price or higher). One had no clearance section whatsoever. The last one I checked had several copies each of 5 PS2 games. I don't remember all of them, but 2 were Maximo and Vexx. Both scanned at ~$14 as of Tuesday evening. Very upsetting. They did have a decent pair of $1.98 swim trunks, but I decided to pass.

my target (queens, ny) had max payne for xbox for 4.98 (i bought 2), as well as serious sam and a few other titles that were sold out.

This was in Okemos Michigan (Just east of Lansing) and all of the eReader games they had were clearanced for $1.09. They were back on an end-cap in the toy section, not with the baseball cards or the electronics.

y target (queens, ny) had max payne for xbox for 4.98 (i bought 2), as well as serious sam and a few other titles that were sold out.
Wsh i had scanned that one :whistle2:(.

ANywas they had Virtua Fighter 4 for $9.98. last copy of GC Wreckless for $6.48, NFL2K3 (xbox)- $6.48, and 57 (I counted) LOTR: Fellowships for the PS2 for $9.98 each.

Princeton target

Xenosaga $20.98

unlimited saga $20.98

Picked up both tonight

already starting to regret Xenosaga though

Have very little interest in this game beyond its Xenogears ties --which I never even finished

Now that I have it, and have had a chance to read the manual, my interest has dropped to zero

maybe I'll get lucky and it will make a decent monster rancher disk:)

The Target store on Niagara Falls Boulevard in Amherst, NY has Xenosaga for PS2 marked down to $14.99......absolutely smoking deal.

Got Ready to Rumble Boxing Round 2 for PS2 at a Target today. The game is old as dirt but I enjoyed the original on N64. The game rang up as $0.00 but one of the guys on the sales floor used his fancy big price checking gun and it came up as $2.85.

Tukwila, WA Target:

Xenosaga: $20.98 (will probably drop to $14.98 w/in the week or 2 because they have like 10 copies)
WWF Crush Hour: $7.98 (it's probably not even worth that much.)
Unlimited Saga: $20.98 (same as Xenosaga..will probably drop soon.)

Resident Evil 3 $15 at Chaska, MN Target

It appeared that Xenosaga was still $30 here... maybe they didn't make the transition to clearance yet.

Anyone know what day games make their way to the clearance shelf?

I saw MGS 2 Substance (PC version) for $13.98. you need a dvd-rom to play the game. this was in the chicago land area.

[quote name='mdm']\
Anyone know what day games make their way to the clearance shelf?[/quote]

while it's been mentioned that they do markdowns on Monday, i've noticed that when i've gone on Tues. nights, my Target is adding things to all their clearance in Electronics...prices might change Mon, but the clearance area isn't updated for another day...

do they tend to drop prices on games of which they only have 1 or 2 copies to make space? If so, has anyone ever tried buying a few copies, waiting for the price to drop on the last one, then returning them and buying at the new price? seems like a lot of work, but meh, i get bored....

East Windsor NJ

Capcom PS2 GH Clearance....

Maximo 4.98
Resident Evil: Code Veronica 4.98
Devil May Cry: 4.98

Virtua Fighter 4 Standard 4.98

Cabella's Big Deer Hunting 7.48

i've always wanted to play Xenosaga, but never got the chance, and that's a pretty cheap deal, wonder if they have any more copies left?

Do the barcodes for Official PS2 Greatest Hits change once they earn the red banner? I'm wondering why Maximo and Virtua Fighter 4 are still $9.98 here in TX.

[quote name='CameronPhD']Do the barcodes for Official PS2 Greatest Hits change once they earn the red banner? I'm wondering why Maximo and Virtua Fighter 4 are still $9.98 here in TX.[/quote]

Actually there's no change. And the pricing varies from store to store. The VF4/Maximo/Resident Evil: CV and others are still $9.98 in Princeton, while they are $4.98 in East Windsor (Which is less than 10 miles away). You might want to check back near the head of next week for another drop.

Unlimited Saga and Xenosaga hit $7.98 today.

Woohoo!

Looks like Auto Modellista may be up on the sacrificial altar next. It scans as discontinued, and some of our locations have moved it from the display case to the budget shelves. Still no drop, but I'm hoping for one in the weeks to come.

[quote name='MarkAfterDark']i've always wanted to play Xenosaga, but never got the chance, and that's a pretty cheap deal, wonder if they have any more copies left?[/quote]

At the Tukwila, WA Target (by Southcenter Mall), there were lots of Xenosaga copies, probably around 8-10. I haven't been in a week so I don't know if they have lowered the price down to $14.98 or even lower than that (from 20.98).

Princeton NJ:

No One Lives Forever 2, PC, 9.98

Theres actually a whole bunch of clearance PC titles 2 aisles removed from the section, closer to the register area of the store.

was NOLF2 marked at 9.98 or did you have to scan it? I have a few copies at mine marked at 20-something with the clearance tag.

[quote name='BigDirty']Princeton NJ

Sonic Adventure GBA $7.49[/quote]

Fisrt note: the game's name is Sonic Advance. That said...I'm surprised they still have it. I picked this up for $6.50 at my Target shortly after I got my GBA in July. It's a good game if you can find it - very reminiscent of the Genesis games. Bit odd how the price went up, though...

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']

Fisrt note: the game's name is Sonic Advance. That said...I'm surprised they still have it. I picked this up for $6.50 at my Target shortly after I got my GBA in July. It's a good game if you can find it - very reminiscent of the Genesis games. Bit odd how the price went up, though...[/quote]

Same difference ;), but anyway, different targets are on different price tiers. Instances I have come across including seeing games like Primal which went for 6.50 in Burlington go for 7.50 20 miles up the road in Princeton (Both NJ of course)

You also can see how there's some slight variances in pricing from store to store on the same product through this thread, and it usually is about a buck's difference.

And actually I came across it laying on a toy clearance end-cap, so who knows how long it was actually floating in the store, so I wouldn't go running to your target expecting it.

I also found some "misfit" games loose in the bottom of the display case that I'll check the pricing on tonight (and these are 1-2 year old titles).

EDIT: No deals on the Misfit titles, which included Tenchu 3, 4 X 4 Evo 2, and some GHs in standard packaging

East Windsor NJ: F1 Career Challenge $4.98

also all of the Capcom clearance GHs are gone.

Side Note:

When I was waiting to get the F1CC out of the case a woman had her purse snatched. Or so she thought. The whole section of the store was up in arms, but turns out, she left it in her car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back